Blue Skies | Bright Vachirawit

By berrym1lkeu

Blue migrated to Thailand when she was 5 years old. Her parents got separated and she was left in custody wit... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Blue Skies Sequel (Oneshot)

Chapter 10

342 14 0
By berrym1lkeu

Blue was left alone outside the clinic rooms, Shan and P'Rain went back to their respective classrooms. Blue insisted to stay behind until Bright was done with his treatment, Shan told her that she'll be the one to explain everything to their professors. Hands clasped together, Blue whispered her prayer. "Please, heal Bright." She uttered repeatedly.

"Are you Bright Chiva-aree's friend?" A nurse came out from one of the rooms. Blue stood up immediately and agreed to the nurse. "You're allowed to see him now, we just finished treating him. He's currently resting at the third bed." Blue bowed her head to thank the nurse. She went straight to the third bed and carefully opened the curtains. Bright dozed off and was sleeping peacefully.

She approached him and looked at his injured knee. There was no wrapped cast around it but it was wrapped with bandages. Blue sighed in relief. Goodness, I thought he'll be needing crutches. "You're stubborn, aren't you? Why did you overwork yourself?" She spoke to him even though she knew that he's sleeping. She touched his hair to fix it.

"I wanna get injured everyday if you're gonna be the one who'll take care of me." Bright blurted out and smiled while his eyes were still closed. Blue flinched as fast as she could and moved away from him. "I'll break your bones even more if that's the case. Ugh, you always do that, Bright. Stop pretending that you're asleep." Bright laughed a little.

"I was, until I felt your hand touch my hair." He explained. Blue pouted. "How.. are you?" She worriedly asked. "I told you, I'm fine. You're the stubborn one, not me." Blue slapped his arm. "Are you insane? How could you say you're fine earlier when you're lying down on the field and you acted like you're immobile?" Bright laughed again.

"Alright, I'm not fine earlier. It was really painful, but I feel better now. The doctor said I just overworked my muscles, it exceeded its limit so it became spastic. I'll be okay in a few days and don't worry, I'll be able to walk." Bright thoroughly explained his situation. Blue sighed deeply. "That's good to hear." Silence filled the room after that.

"I lost the match, Blue." He blurted out. I can't believe this guy, he got injured and all that yet he still thinks that losing the match is the important thing right now. "Why are you still thinking about that? You should worry about your safety." Blue groaned. "Well, I'm just saying.." Bright had disappointment in his face. "I don't care about the result. It wasn't a fair win for him, honestly. After what he did to you, I think I wouldn't want to see him for now."

Bright stared at her. I know she's only being fair and siding with the right choice but damn, my heart is fluttering right now. "And also, you're injured so I can't leave you alone like that. Nobody will help you because you don't have friends except for us." Blue added which made Bright laugh. "Aw, that really slapped me in the face, but it's fine.. you guys are enough for me"

After Bright had enough rest, he was immediately released by the clinic. Blue accompanied him while walking even though he can already walk on his own. He's still having a hard time walking since he always leaves his one foot behind but it's manageable and Blue also extended a helping hand.

They went back to their classroom and everybody was staring at them. The professor didn't get mad and just let them sit on their respective seats. "What did you tell her?" Blue whispered to Shan, asking her about what she reasoned out. "I told him, P'Moon was helping Bright practice for football try-outs, he got into an accident that's why he was rushed to the clinic. Good thing those bystanders didn't ruin my plan." Shan explained, then she turned to Bright and asked him how he was feeling.

"I feel better now. It's a bit painful but I can still walk as you can see." Shan nodded and didn't speak again to avoid themselves getting scolded by their professor. Classes went on, periods shifted. After hours of sitting in the room, their school bell rang-- it's time for them to go home.

Blue assisted Bright while standing up. "Wow, am I seeing things? Is this really happening right now?" Shan rubbed her eyes to confirm what she's seeing. "What's wrong with helping an injured person? Do you think I'm heartless?" Blue rolled her eyes. Bright laughed at the two best friends. "You're always annoyed at me so I can understand why she's surprised. I was shocked, too.. but this is nice, so don't leave me alone, help me walk.. Come on, Blue." Blue left him as soon as he started creating his dramatic moment. This time, Shan laughed at the two.

"You're not disabled, and it came from you earlier, you can walk." Blue looked at him getting uneasy. She groaned and went back to him to help him walk. "Is it required to be dramatic when injured?" She teased him. "I'm not. This is how I'll walk for the meantime." Bright was flustered when Blue pulled his arm and wrapped hers around it. She's giving him support while walking.

"What a nice sight. I think our lives would be peaceful if you aren't bickering every day." Shan jokingly said as she tip-toed her way. "I don't think that's possible. You need to put up with it, Shan." They went out of the room and the first person that they ran into was P'Moon. He looked at them with guilt. Blue squeezed Bright's arm slightly after she saw P'Moon, this made Bright look at her. (play video for bg music)

"Blue.." P'Moon called. He tried to make a step towards her but she stopped him. "If you're gonna apologize, apologize to Bright and not to me." She said straight. "I'm sorry, Nong.." P'Moon turned to Bright before looking down. Wow, so he still has a conscience? Or maybe because Blue is here that's why he wanted to look sincere? Bright doubted. "Yeah, what can I do? It already happened, just play fair if there would be a next time." Bright gave him a quick nod before responding.

"Let's go.." Blue initiated, she helped Bright while walking and left P'Moon without uttering a word. Shan didn't try to interfere either, she thought that it's not her business to begin with. "Blue.. are you.. gonna stay mad at me?" Everybody halted when P'Moon spoke. Without looking behind, Blue responded. "No, I won't.. but I don't know, it's hard for me to see you. What you've done is too much, P'Moon. I ignored the fact that you suggested this, but this is not a real competition and I'm not your trophy. So, why were you so worked up?"

When they didn't hear an answer, they decided to walk away. "Why am I worked up, you ask, Blue?" P'Moon chased them. Jeez, he's not done yet? Bright exhaled and leaned on the wall for support. "Because you like him, despite how many times you try to deny that you don't.. I know you do. I have known you for years, and those years when Bright was gone all you did was talk about him. The eyes never lie, Blue." Everybody's eyes widened. What's he talking about? Blue seemed confused.

"Come on, Shan. Tell her, everything I said was true. You noticed it too, right? The way her eyes sparkle every time she talks about Bright before." P'Moon turned to his cousin. Shan was speechless but she shook her head. "P'Moon, stop it." She stopped him. Blue clenched her fists. That's not true. I don't remember having that kind of feeling when I'm talking about Bright before. No, it can't be. She tried to calm herself by contradicting what P'Moon said.

"Blue, how can I not be threatened? I was the one who's there with you when you were at your lowest. I was there when you longed for him. I ignored the pain, and I hid the fact that I like you since then because I respected our boundaries. Bright is here now, your most awaited moment has finally come. If I don't make a move, I'm scared that I'm going to lose you." P'Moon explained things he never talked about before. Blue was left speechless.

"P'Moon, calm down. Now is not the right time for that, okay?" Shan went to him to tug him away. "Don't stop me, Shan. Please. If I won't say this now, then when? When is the right time, huh? When will it be the right time for me? I've kept this for so long. Don't I have the right to say my feelings?" Tears started to stream down his face. It clearly shows that he's been building up all of his emotions for a long time now.

Why? Why am I so numb? Why didn't I notice everything around me? I've hurt P'Moon, it was never my intention but I did it without me knowing about it. Blue bit her lip because she knew that the moment she started crying, it would be hard to stop.

Bright saw her fighting the urge to cry, he didn't know what to do so he rubbed her back to calm her down. Fuck, I know she's feeling guilty right now. He cursed in his mind. "I'm not bringing up the past to use it against you. I'm just explaining my side that I kept for myself. I know that if I don't tell you everything, you'll continue to think that I'm just being selfish or I hate him because he's my competitor." P'Moon added.

"P'Moon.. I'm sorry, for being insensitive and clueless. I never noticed any of it before, I'm sorry. It was never my intention to invalidate your feelings. I'm sorry for hurting you." Blue couldn't help herself from crying. Shit. She looked down to hide her crying face. "I just didn't think that Bright would come back. So, I didn't expect all of these. I wasn't just prepared. Don't blame yourself, Blue." P'Moon approached Blue and wiped her tears.

He lifted her chin up so that she could face him. "I apologize too, I have been dragged by my emotions. Hell, I never wanted to treat you like some prize or whatsoever. I was just scared of losing you." He explained. Bright, on the other hand, looked down to the ground to avoid what's in front of him. Why is my chest tightening? It hurts. I sympathize with what happened to P'Moon, but I, as well, is scared of losing her.

P'Moon sighed deeply before facing them. "I apologize once again for causing too much trouble. I just wanna say that I will surely reflect on my actions. Ah, that one week which was supposed to be spent with Blue.. I've decided that I should just use that to take some time off. I'll be away from you guys for the meantime.. until I get ahold of myself." P'Moon smiled bitterly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 668 24
⚠️ STRICTLY NO REPOSTING ⚠️ Park Somin who was born in a rich and of course a well-known family.After a year at Los Angeles,she and her family went b...
26K 848 17
" i wish we could stay like this forever. " - lucid dream || first part of the NCT Soulmate Series || NCT Mark Soulmate AU ✨ start: may 29, 2019 end...
1.1M 37.5K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
417K 12.6K 65
Lily Yeon is a girl who has been childhood friends with Mark Lee since she can remember. When she meets up with him after several years, she meets al...