Once Upon A Dream (A DreamNot...

By SillyMoss_Kr

================================== Once upon a dream, there was you and I Once upon a dream, you were mine. O... More

Prologue: The End?
Chapter 1: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 2: Ride and Remember
Chapter 3: Angel
Chapter 4: Anything for You
Chapter 5: Dirty Ice Cream
Chapter 7: Dinner with the Homies
Chapter 8: Lies
Chapter 9: Dream and Clay
Chapter 10: Warmth
Chapter 11: Cliché
Chapter 12: Gear Up!
Chapter 13: Chasing You
Chapter 14: Pretend
Chapter 15: Emotions Suck
Chapter 16: Mask
Chapter 17: Calm
Chapter 18: Smile
Chapter 19: Peace
Chapter 20: Peace Was Never An Option
Chapter 21: Treasured Memories
Chapter 22: Invitation and Panic
Chapter 23: The Storm
Chapter 24: Space
Chapter 25: The Talk
Chapter 26: Enough
Chapter 27: The Last Chapter
Chapter 28: Cutting Off Ties
Chapter 29: Goodbye
Chapter 30: It's Over
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: The End
Bonus Chapter (1): Home
Bonus Chapter (2): Boyfriends
Bonus Chapter (3): Pets' Diary
Epilogue: Once Upon A Dream
Art Gallery (1)
Art Gallery (2)
Art Gallery (3)

Chapter 6: Colors

71 6 1
By SillyMoss_Kr

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my-" George could barely talk as he laughed his ass off.

"What? WHAT? WWhhhhaaAAAT?" Dream recovered from choking, cheeks visibly red for anyone to see, except George. "What the heck was that, George!?"

"The look on your face was so priceless!!!" George continued to laugh as he gripped his stomach. Tears were forming on the corners of his eyes. "Oh my gosh--my sides! They hurt so much!"

"GEORGE!" Dream could only call out George's name. "You are such an idiot!"

George laughed some more. And for some reason, Dream couldn't be mad for long. Dream looked at the older boy beside him in slow motion under the afternoon sun. Gold outlined George's hair, dazzling diamond tears decorated his closed eyes, and the sound of his laughter was music from his open lips.

He was like a sunflower- No. He was like the sun, and Dream was the flower who was under the shade too long. Dream was someone who longed for the sunshine. It took only one touch from his warm rays, and Dream bloomed even more.

"I'm kidding! Get your mind out of the gutter, Dream!" George said when he managed to calm down a little. Giggles still escaped here and there. "Relax, we didn't get that far."

"Yeah?" Out of words, that was all Dream managed to say. Was he uncomfortable? Not really. The bubbly atmosphere slowly fizzled out into something serene.

George calmed down as his eyes softened. He looked at the ice cream in his hand. "Yeah... You were always so gentle and patient with me."

Then there was silence. Was it awkward? No, not exactly. It was just- peacefully warm. It felt like home. Soon, the ice creams they had were gone.

The sun was beginning to set. The two walked side by side, feeling the wind and the sun on their face. They have taken off their shoes to feel the soft and damp sand.

Dream looked at the sunset. It reminded him of George and how he couldn't see it in its full colors.

"Every time I see the sunset, I think of you, George." Dream whispered, enough for George to hear.

George stopped in his tracks. It wasn't the first time he heard that phrase. Clay once said it to him. George could feel the rush rising in him again. But he decided to push it down this time.

"Why? How so?" George questioned.

"Because you're colorblind." Dream chuckled.

George let out a warm smile, a smile that remembered the bittersweet past. Dream's answer never changed.

"I'd like you to see the sunset in full colors." Dream said as he faced George. "Someday, I'll make sure to make you see all the colors or at least more than you do right now."

George met his eyes and smiled at him. "You already did that Dream."

Dream looked confused as he raised an eyebrow. Then George took the sunglasses that he rested on his head and handed it to Dream.

Dream slowly realized what George meant as he held the glasses in his hands. Now that he has taken a better look at it, it seemed familiar. Then he remembered.

........................................................................

"George, close your eyes!" Clay said, excitement in his voice.

George giggled at his actions. "I thought you wanted me to watch the sunset."

"George, just do it!" Clay only rushed him more.

"Okay! Okay!" George laughed as he did close his eyes. "There! This better not be a prank. I swear I'll drive you over with my scooter."

But it wasn't a prank. Clay then slipped something in front of George's eyes.

"Okay! Now open your eyes!" Clay had his eyes on the lookout for George's reaction.

"Clay, you didn't-" George could tell what it was. A sheepish smile crept on his face. "I'm scared."

"Come on! Just open your eyes!" Dream replied.

"If it is what I think it is--- Oh god." George still refused to open his eyes. "I'm like--- Actually--- Nervous to do this."

Dream was getting impatient. He held one of George's hand. "Open your eyes, George!"

George's eyes slowly opened. He was facing the sunset. Sure enough, he found glasses on his face. The effects took a while, so George paused for a moment, not being able to tell the difference.

He looked at Clay to ask him about it- if it was just a prank. But as he turned around he met Clay's eyes.

"Wait..." George looked at Clay's eyes. George's hand that was on Clay gripped a little tighter. Clay nervously waited for him to continue. "You're darker."

It took a few seconds for Clay to register what George meant as he looked straight into his eyes. George was talking about his eyes. "Yeah. Yeah! I- I mean green is darker than yellow! And you usually see yellow."

"Yeah! All I can see are piss eyes!" George joked. But he was long gone in Clay's eyes.

Clay laughed at him while George continued to stare into his eyes. The staring was making Clay antsy. "George, you're supposed to look at the sunset!"

Clay placed both his hands on George's cheeks to turn his head to the sunset. Clay noticed George's face was warm.

"No, stop. Don't move. I want to look at you more." George took Clay's hands off of him and held them to their sides. "You're so beautiful."

Clay blushed at George's words and touch. His hands that were locked with George's only amplified it more. In normal circumstances, George would be the one to get flustered at his own words. But all he could think about was the pink that tainted Clay's soft skin accompanied by his starry freckles. Now, he noticed the blush on Clay for the first time. George loved this moment.

"But seriously, look at the sunset, George." Clay's eyes looked away, trying to hide his flustered face.

For a few more seconds, George kept staring at Clay. Then he slowly let go of Dream's hand to look at the sunset. As he did, another wave of colors splashed his face.

"Woah." George exhaled, his mouth fell open. "It's so beautiful."

"Yeah... It is." Clay replied, his eyes never leaving the older boy. A warm smile crept on his face. Clay admired the person in front of him. George was just so perfect in his eyes.

"Clay, this is so amazing!" George started to put his glasses on and off to check the differences. George turned towards Clay again and did the same thing. "Woah... "

The smile on Clay's face only grew wider. Then George held Clay's hands once more and gave him the purest smile Clay has ever seen.

"Clay, I- This- This is so amazing! I'm really- I'm speechless! You have no idea how much this means to me right now." George's tongue began to spill what was in his heart without even realizing it. "This means the whole world to me. And I'm not just talking about the glasses. I'm talking about you, Clay"

Clay's eyes widened. He said nothing, but he felt his heart skip a beat. And George's brain cell finally realized what he said.

"I mean- I- You know..." George stuttered, looking away. He thought if he should let go of Clay's hand. But there was no turning back now. George returned his gaze towards Clay. "For your effort and kindness to me- From when we knew each other, from when we first met face to face, and when we started living together- You- you have always been so kind to me... And I appreciate that a lot. I may be colorblind, but I could see your true colors. And when I said you're beautiful, you are. And I mean it with my whole heart. Thank you, Clay."

Clay stared with wide-eyes at George. He realized he liked seeing George like this, where George is glowing golden like an angel, almost surreal. And George's smile made Clay feel a thousand sparks in his stomach. At that moment, Clay decided that he'd do anything to protect that smile.

Clay wondered if it would be alright to faint right then and there.

........................................................................

Clay liked George.

Wait- what?

There was a slight pain in Clay's head, but it didn't show on his face. George was looking at Dream with sparkling eyes and a warm smile, patiently waiting for whatever Dream might do or say.

"George, close your eyes." Dream softly said, his eyes half-closed as he examined the shorter boy's face.

It took George a few seconds to realize what was happening. Guessing correctly, he closed his eyes without a word. A part of him wished they would kiss right now.

Dream gently slid the glasses in place. Dream's heart wasn't doing good. Part of him wanted to give in to the feeling of euphoria while the other felt like a bunch of tangled strings. He wonders if those strings have been untangled before. What happened after that? The memories that just returned to Dream told him that he liked George. Did he? Or was it just platonic?

Dream traced George's jaw with his finger as he wondered. Then he lifted some strands of hair away from George's face, tucking it behind his ear. George shuddered to the touch.

"Okay, now open your eyes." Dreams voice was deep, low enough to send shivers on George's spine.

George's eyes fluttered open. He was greeted by Dream's emerald eyes staring back at him. George examined Dream's face that he loved so much. Dirty blonde hair swayed softly to the breeze as the sunset hit his face. His freckles only added to his beauty. His gorgeous eyes glimmered like a thousand diamonds. George wished that time would stop.

George wore that same smile Clay swore to protect. They stared at each other in peaceful silence. The scene was pretty gay, to be honest.

"Thank god!" George broke the silence. "I was almost convinced you had piss eyes!"

Dream laughed. George tried to contain his laughter but couldn't. After a few more seconds, they sat down on the sand and continue to watch the rest of the sunset.

"You're beautiful too." Dream spoke. He was referring to his memory earlier. George slowly turned to look at Dream while Dream fixed his eyes on the sunset. "And I don't even have to look at you to see it. Your colors found a place in my heart and mind."

Once again, George blushed as he desperately tried to hide the butterflies threatening to spill. But that didn't stop a smile to form on his face. George knew what Dream was talking about. It was one of those days he cherished the most.

---------------------------------------------------------

I still remember the day you surprised me with Enchroma glasses. No wonder you kept bugging me to take the color blind test. That day was one of the most colorful moments of my life. Both metaphorically and literally.

You were so beautiful. You are beautiful. And I believe you would still be beautiful no matter how many years would go by, no matter what happens, and in everything that you do. I mean it.

I just wish that I had the power to admire you more.

I was happy when you regained some of your memories. It may be the first for you, but it wasn't for me. Still, it felt like it was my first. You have that power. Everything I do with you feels new, although it isn't.

I only wish we could continue like that.

---------------------------------------------------------

1900+ words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 669 22
Where Dream needs notes for science, but texts the wrong number without noticing; and george tries to tell him. Eventually, they become friends. -- A...
34.1K 600 64
I drew this! ^ with one of those crappy 6 in 1 multicolor pens. Dream x reader (SHE/HER PRONOUNS!!) Y/n finds herself in a interesting situation. She...
36.5K 1.2K 16
so, have you ever wondered what may have happened if george never did what he did at dream and fundy's wedding? this fanfic is an idea of what may ha...
218K 4.1K 24
thank you for all the support :) <3 using dnf to improve my writing👍🏻 Will mostly be all fluff and a few angst here and there !I WILL NOT BE WRITIN...