Hook an Angel✔️

Von KimberlyWesley

What happens when bougie meets hood? Stranded in a rough neighborhood of St. Louis, a snobby elitist woman is... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Bonus Chapter
Bonus #2
Thank You

Chapter 33

6.4K 412 157
Von KimberlyWesley

She liked having Hook and the girls over. They were getting a kick out of the pool, even though neither could swim and Hook was not that great at teaching. They wore water wings on their arms and goggles. If she was up to it, she would give them lessons. Her parents made her and her sister take swim lessons since they were babies before they could walk. Shay was on the swim team in high school and a lifeguard in college.

They had been in that house since she was ten years old. Before that, they never had a pool but still swam often. They were the only Black family in the neighborhood back then, now there were at least two other Black families and an interracial family as well. St. Louis was very slow in integrating most areas.

She wished she was around more Blacks when she grew up. She would be a better person for it.

"Angel, since you don't have weave anymore, you can get your hair wet, right?" Ravyn said to her while she sat on the edge of the pool with only her feet splashing around.

"Yes, but, I can't swim right now."

"Why not? You don't know how?"

"I'm a pretty good swimmer. My accident...I can't get my scar wet."

"Can I see it?"

"Rave! Sounding like Mo over there," Hook said, pulling himself up so he could sit beside her on the edge of the pool. "Go play with your sister."

"Okay, because you wanta kissy face," Ravyn said, playing with the big ball Hook brought over for them to play with.

"That's your child," Angel said with a laugh.

"She ain't wrong," he said, kissing on her neck. "You look good in this swimsuit."

She wore a black one-piece that dipped low in the back but showed off nothing. She did not want to wear anything too skimpy around Hook's daughters. Besides, most of her suits were two pieces and now with an ugly scar, she did not want to wear any of them.

"And you're showing off all your sexy muscles. If my mom sees you she might try and cheat on my father with you."

"Naw, I'm yours," he said, pulling her to him. "How is that scar doing? Cuz when I'm ready to get some, I ain't going easy on you."

"Almost there. Doctor's appointment next week, we'll see."

He jumped back down in the pool and got between her legs and started kissing her. He was so sexy with his kisses, her insides were doing somersaults. She felt his hardness against her thigh and it was so enticing. She wanted to take him in her mouth right there. But then...his girls...her parents' backyard...she was not that crazy.

"Hook, boy, what are you trying to do kissing me like that," she said, pulling him away. "You got an erection sticking out your shorts and your girls can see."

"I can't control him sometimes, you know it thinks for himself."

She giggled. "Handle it."

He tried to discreetly shift himself in his swim shorts while his back was to the girls. They were not paying him any mind, splashing around in the water. 

"Want me to help you out," she said, rubbing on his chest.

"Girl! You making shit worse," he said.

"Hey! How are the girls doing? I have some cookies and juice for them."

Now her mother was outside and breathing down her neck while her boyfriend had to deal with his erection. Good thing he was in the water and it wasn't really visible unless you were all up on him.

"I don't think the girls are ready to get out any time soon," Angel said.

"Hook, are you and the girls staying over for dinner? Eddie was going to fire up the grill in a bit."

"Yes, that'll be fine. Thanks, Mrs. Hamilton," he said.

"Now Hook, what did I say call me?"

"Sorry, Clarissa," he said with a grin. "The girls need to take a break from the pool, we'll have those cookies."

"You need to give them swim lessons, Hook," Angel said. "It's not hard."

"Says the girl that grew up with easy access to a pool. They are not actually around swimming pools much, that's why they are so excited now. Come on, let me get out so the girls will follow."

The girls were upset getting out of the pool, but that quickly changed with the thought of cookies that her mother semi-made herself. Break and bake cookies tasted just like homemade, so no need to complain. They sat on the deck under the shaded outdoor table and chairs.

"Imma have a big house like this when I get big!" Ravyn said, munching on cookies like she was not the almost teenager but a little kid.

"Me too! Daddy, can I have a big house like this too?" Symone asked, sitting on her father's lap while she ate her cookie.

"Sure baby girl, you can have whatever you want."

"And see how close I lived to Six Flags?" she said to the girls. "Told you I wasn't new to the not getting your hair wet trick. Me and my sis would go like every weekend, that's why I don't like going much now."

"Man, I would be up there every day...in the summer anyway," Ravyn said.

The girls talked her ears off, but she did not mind. It was a nice change having them around and not just her parents. She was feeling better and moving around better and she was ready to not be that thirty-two-year-old still living with her parents. She was looking for places to buy a house, but she was conflicted.

How were things going with Hook? Should she buy a house so far away from him again, or maybe she should move to the city and be close to him? Or maybe they could get a place together? Although, she did not think they were that serious yet. She had to wait that out. In the meantime, she needed a place to stay. She didn't want to blow rent on an apartment. She wanted to buy a house and she wanted to buy a house for the long-term.

Her father came out preparing their gas grill and of course, he pilfered Hook to help him. They grilled steaks, burgers, and hotdogs for the girls. Her mother and the maid prepped macaroni salad and baked beans. It was a nice little meal. The girls stayed on their best behavior, she was impressed.

When they finally had to leave because it was late, the girls whined.

"Why can't we go swimming one more time?" Symone begged.

"Yeah dad," Ravyn added.

"It's late, it's a long drive back, and I bet the both of you will be sleeping in the car. Now say goodnight to Angel."

"Night Angel, see you next time?" Ravyn said.

"Sure," she said, giving her a light hug. "Come on Symone, I know you want a hug too."

"I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't" She gave her a big hug. "Bye girls, thanks for coming."

"I'll call you when we hit home," Hook said, kissing her.

*********************

After her doctor's appointment that week, she was cleared to go on about most of her normal life. That meant going back into her office. She never stopped working, doing most everything from home in bed. They had to push the grand opening of their storefront soon. This was going to be a busy time for her.

So busy, she barely even had time to call Hook and talk with him. She would text him but had no time to talk on the phone.

"Angel, come into my office," her father said when she came home one day.

She followed her father in his office and wondered what this was about.

"Sit," he said to her.

"This must be some bad news or something you calling me in here."

"No, not bad news. Good news actually. You know when Matthew died, because you were still married, everything came to you."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Daddy, that man is dead, I don't want a thing from him."

"Not a matter of what you want, it's what is yours. You two were still married because he refused to sign off on the dissolution of marriage. Hence, the house, his cars, his savings, trust fund balance, and life insurance are all bequeathed to you."

"Daddy, I'm not his wife. We were legally separated, not living together."

"Honey, the law is the law," he said, sliding papers her way. "Sign off on this and the money will be wired to your accounts."

"I don't want that man's money!" She slid the papers back to him. "I killed him! What does that look like?"

"It was self-defense and you've been cleared. Insurance did their investigation. Everything has been settled." He pushed the papers back at her.

She looked down at it. Glanced over some of the words and the numbers. What was she supposed to do with that kind of money? It was blood money. From a man she hated. From a man who tried to kill her. She wanted nothing to do with it.

"Daddy, I can't!" She stood up. "You can't make me take that money. Just...leave it, I don't care."

"Honey..."

"I hate him, daddy. If I took that money I would feel like he still owns me. No!"

She walked out of her father's office. When would this nightmare end?

A/N: How much money do you think she turning down? Don't worry it's still in play. 

XOXO
Kimberly

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

3.3M 269K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
883K 42.6K 71
•Completed with incoming edits• "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle They say everything happens for a reason, and...
33.7K 4.2K 58
REWRITTEN VERSION COMING SOON! In New York City, best friends Brena and Lillian share a stronger connection than they know. As love makes its way in...
Victoria Von ✨

Aktuelle Literatur

1.6M 83.4K 42
"You could never love all of me, and I'm sure of that." _____________________________________ In a world of a preference of doing everything but the...