Dragon-Marked War God

By Norj18261112

Author:Su Yue Xi Genre:Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Harem, Martial Arts, Romance, Xuanhuan Source:Libe... More

Chapter 01 - 10
Chapter 11 - 20
Chapter 21 - 30
Chapter 31 - 40
Chapter 41 - 50
Chapter 51 - 60
Chapter 61 - 70
Chapter 71 - 80
Chapter 81 - 90
Chapter 91 - 100
Chapter 101 - 110
Chapter 111 - 120
Chapter 121 - 130
Chapter 131 - 140
Chapter 141 - 150
Chapter 151 - 160
Chapter 161 - 170
Chapter 171 - 180
Chapter 181 - 190
Chapter 191 - 200
Chapter 201 - 210
Chapter 211 - 220
Chapter 221 - 230
Chapter 231 - 240
Chapter 241 - 250
Chapter 251 - 260
Chapter 261 - 270
Chapter 271 - 280
Chapter 281 - 290
Chapter 291 - 300
Chapter 301 - 310
Chapter 311 - 320
Chapter 321 - 330
Chapter 331 - 340
Chapter 341 - 350
Chapter 351 - 360
Chapter 361 - 370
Chapter 371 - 380
Chapter 381 - 390
Chapter 391 - 400
Chapter 411 - 420
Chapter 421 - 430
Chapter 431 - 440
Chapter 441 - 450
Chapter 451 - 460
Chapter 461 - 470
Chapter 471 - 480
Chapter 481 - 490
Chapter 491 - 500
Chapter 501 - 510
Chapter 511 - 52o

Chapter 401 - 410

296 20 0
By Norj18261112

Chapter 401 – Demon King Palace's Four Great Guardians

The entire sky was filled with dazzling lights. Each of those persons who appeared wore luxurious clothing, and they wore the same superior and prideful expression on their faces. They belonged to the strongest power in this city, so it's obvious they would be prideful.

This group of men was the first batch to appear. The slowly descended onto the huge altar and split into two groups, then stood on both sides in an orderly fashion.

After this group of majestic looking men had arrived, more and more people started appearing in the sky. Each of them was a top existence in the Wu family, and as today was their ancestor worshipping ceremony, only those with prestigious statuses had the right to stand on this altar.

The leading man who stood in the sky was a man who looked to be in his thirties. An elegant expression could be seen on his greasy face. With both hands placed behind his back, he leisurely walked in the sky toward the altar.

"Look, that's Wu Tianyang, the Wu family's family chief, Wu Ningzhu's father!"

"This guy has given birth to a good daughter!"

"And he has a strong cultivation base as well! I heard he just broke through to the Mid Combat Soul realm not long ago! He's a formidable Mid Combat Soul warrior, and with Wu Ningzhu as his daughter, Wu Tianyang can just go anywhere he wants without any fear."

............

The arrival of Wu Tianyang immediately attracted everyone's attention. This man was the real ruler of the Dancing Sun City. If he farted, the entire city would instantly tremble.

[TL: Any move made by him would cause the entire city to tremble, basically.]

Jiang Chen silently nodded his head. This Wu Tianyang had an extraordinary bearing. At least, ordinary men couldn't compare with him. However, if Wu Tianyang was the Wu family's strongest man, then their overall strength was still far behind the Nangong family. However, if taking the genius Wu Ningzhu into consideration, as well as the relationship between the Wu family and the Profound River Palace, the Wu family's status was not any weaker than the Nangong family's.

Therefore, in the Southern Continent, the Wu family was an exception. They didn't have the strength of the Nangong family, but they held the same status as the Nangong family.

After Wu Tianyang had arrived, all the other top existences of the Wu family arrived one after the other. The Wu family's foundation was considered pretty strong; they had four Combat Soul warriors, and nearly twenty Late Divine Core warriors. All of these warriors stood on top of the altar right now.

Right at this moment, the crowd was still glancing at the sky above. Everyone knew that the main person had yet to appear on the altar. It wasn't Wu Tianyang, it was Wu Ningzhu, the young lady of the Wu family wasn't here yet, and the ancestral worshipping ceremony wouldn't begin without her presence.

Suddenly, a pleasant zither melody gradually played its way into the crowds' ears. Before anybody showed up in the air, the sound-waves had been echoing in the sky. With this pleasant melody, the entire Dancing Sun City became silent.

Jiang Chen's heart was moved by this melody. It was as if it had some kind of magical power. It was pleasant, like a stream of sounds flowing through the heart; pure and transparent. The zither melody slowly penetrated into every single inch of the atmosphere; it was as if it had merged with this natural environment. It was just too wonderful for words.

So beautiful, just this zither melody caused everyone to feel wonderful. It was easy to predict how pretty the person playing this tune was.

Wonderhand Thousandtune, she truly deserved this title.

"Look, young lady Wu Ningzhu has arrived!"

Someone suddenly cried out in joy, causing the people who were currently immersed in the wonderful music to wake up. With that, another storm was brought to the crowd. Everyone eagerly threw their glances onto a sole figure floating in the sky.

Jiang Chen opened up his eyes as well. What he saw was a wonderful girl that sat in mid-air with her legs crossed, playing a zither placed on her lap. Although this girl was sitting in mid-air, it didn't prevent her amazing figure from being shown. She wore a tight black dress which exposed a large amount of skin around her neck; she had two bumps on her chest which portrayed a wild beauty capable of making any man drool. She had long dark hair that seemed silky smooth and neat that fell to her waist. Her face was covered with a thin black veil, preventing her extraordinary face from being seen. However, with Jiang Chen's eyes, he could easily see her delicate and perfect face through the black veil.

This girl had a pair of dazzling eyes that looked like the brightest stars in the night sky. No splendor seemed capable of covering her breathtaking radiance. Even Jiang Chen who had seen many beauties in his life had to admit that this girl truly deserved the title of the prettiest girl in the Southern Continent.

Wu Ningzhu's beauty was different from Yan Chenyu. Yan Chenyu was like an icy lotus, holy and ethereal, pure as the purest crystal, whereas Wu Ningzhu was a girl full of wild beauty. Any casual movement made by her seemed so charming; she was like a rose that bloomed independently, unleashing varieties of colors at will. This was truly a lady worth dying for.

Right now, Wu Ningzhu was sitting with her legs crossed in mid-air, stroking the strings of her zither with her soft hands. It was a black zither, and even its strings were black. It perfectly matched her dressing style.

The zither sent forth a pleasant melody. The melody sounded like jade stones falling onto a plate, crystal clear and melodious, causing those who heard it to feel refreshed. That pair of sand hands kept jumping from string to string like a gracious butterfly.

"So pretty!"

"Wonderhand Thousandtune, she truly deserves this title! The music can make anyone feel refreshed! However, her most amazing ability is her different tunes. She can play pleasant tunes that can soothe one's mind, but she can also play demonic tunes that can kill anyone, and it's really difficult to defend against."

"I'm so happy I got to witness such a wonderful girl in Dancing Sun City today! The only blemish on this otherwise perfect day is that veil on her face."

"The fuck, why are you so greedy? Don't you think it's enough for you to witness such an extraordinary beauty today? According to what I know, no one has ever removed Wu Ningzhu's veil before, because no man has the qualifications to do so."

............

No man on the spot was able to move his eyes away from Wu Ningzhu. For them, being able to appreciate this legendary existence from far was more than enough. No one dared have any evil thoughts about her.

Wu Ningzhu continued playing her music for a few minutes before gradually coming to a stop. After that, the zither in her arms turned into a black beam and disappeared. She slowly stood up, revealing her marvelous figure.

She raised her head and glanced gently over the crowd, showing them a pair of starry eyes that came with a demon-like attraction. After that, she gracefully walked over toward the altar.

When Wu Ningzhu had almost reached the altar, an old man appeared in the sky next to her. The old man wore a gray robe and an indifferent expression. He simply followed after Wu Ningzhu without saying a word. When the people from the Wu family saw this old man, they all bowed politely. Even Wu Tianyang had to greet him with a smile.

"Look, that's a Late Combat Soul Elder from the Profound River Palace! Having such a mighty warrior participate in the Wu family's ancestral worshipping ceremony, the Profound River Palace truly gives them face."

"That's all because of Wu Ningzhu. She isn't only the Wu family's young lady; she is also the number one genius of the Profound River Palace. The upper echelons of the Profound River Palace pay heavy attention to her, so it is only natural for them to send a Late Combat Soul warrior to follow her around."

"Look, the ancestor worshipping ceremony is going to start soon."

Some people were discussing amongst themselves with soft voices, while the others were looking at the altar.

"Haha, the Wu family's ancestral worshipping ceremony is such a lively event! I wonder, do you welcome us, the guardians?"

Right at this moment, an extremely loud voice was suddenly heard from the distance. After that, together with an explosive sound, a black cloud appeared in the sky above the city. With such noise, everyone's attention was immediately attracted, causing them to throw their glances over to the black cloud. When they looked at it, they could feel a powerful demonic energy within.

The black cloud disappeared, and four figures were revealed. Each of these four were dressed in a bizarre manner, clearly showing they weren't humans. The leading man had a feather fan in his hand, and he was wearing a raincoat. His face carried an evil smile.

The second man was as tall and big as a pagoda, and his body was covered with hair. Although he was in human form, he looked no different from a wild bear.

The third man had a thin and straight body, as well as a pair of sharp eagle-like eyes. An aquiline nose sat right in the center of his vicious looking face.

As for the last man, he wore a large black gown with countless bats embroidered on it. His black ears were covered with hair, looking really ugly.

But all four of them had extremely powerful energy, as the four of them were all Late Combat Soul warriors.

In the Southern Continent, humans and demons had been all-time enemies. As today was the Wu family's ancestral worshipping ceremony, the sudden appearance of these mighty demons had clearly shown their evil intentions.

When the old man followed who followed Wu Ningzhu saw these four men, his expression changed dramatically.

"Yunzhong He, Baoshan Xiong, Tieyi Ying, Heixin Fu, out of all the eight great guardians of the Demon King Palace, four of you are here. I wonder, what made you all come to the Dancing Sun City today?"

The old man said with a loud voice. The Profound River Palace and the Demon King Palace were enemies, and both of them were familiar with the upper echelons of both sides. The eight great guardians of the Demon King Palace were very famous, and nearly everyone knows about them. The Demon King Palace sent four of their guardians here today while the Wu family was holding their ancestral worshipping ceremony. It looked like today would be a restless day.

"Shan Ying, we didn't come here today to look for you, we came here for Miss Wu Ningzhu. Our master has coveted her for a long time, so I wonder if Miss Wu Ningzhu can follow us to meet our master."

Yunzhong He who held a feather fan in his hand threw his glance over at Wu Ningzhu and spoke with an indifferent voice.

"Ridiculous! Wu Ningzhu is the Profound River Palace's holy maiden; she is not someone you demons can insult!"

The old man's name was Shan Ying. He was furious upon learning that the Demon King Palace had their sights set upon Wu Ningzhu.

"Today is my family's ancestral worshipping ceremony; I never thought it would alert the Demon King Palace and make you send four great guardians here. Judging from the way you're talking, it looks like you're here for a fight, right?"

Wu Ningzhu finally spoke. Her voice was crystal clear and full of strength. Contrary to her gender, she portrayed the image of a hero.

"Haha, Miss Wu Ningzhu is indeed a clever girl. However, you're only half right. We're not here to fight; we're here to kill. All the people in this city are going to die today. After that, we will bring Miss Wu back to the Demon King Palace."

Yunzhong He went straight to the point. Right after he finished speaking, some dark clouds started gathering in the sunny sky, and powerful demonic energy started filling the atmosphere.

"Hmph! Do not point your finger at us and accuse our Demon King Palace of starting this war! Not long ago, a human genius annihilated one of our big powers. We, the Demon King Palace are not someone you can bully without any reason! Now, we'll take this opportunity the Wu family has provided us to kill everyone in this city!"

Yunzhong He coldly harrumphed.

Chapter 402 – War and Massacre in the City

"What? A human genius annihilated one of the demons' big powers? Who did that? Could it be Wu Ningzhu?"

"When did that happen? The destruction of a big demon power should have caused a big stir, so why haven't we heard anything about it?"

"That's right, who is that human genius? So the reason why these four great guardians came to the Dancing Sun City is to retaliate? Oh heavens, look at the demonic energies in the sky!"

Everyone was shocked. A demon power had been annihilated! This was such huge news, but none of them had heard about it before. Of course, faced with the current situation, no one could pay too much attention to who that human genius was, as they had to face the large army from the Demon King Palace. The Dancing Sun City was in a critical situation right now, and with the cruel and brutal nature of the demon beasts, the city would be in a disadvantageous position.

Jiang Chen's expression changed slightly. After he destroyed the Demon Palace, he immediately absorbed the demon souls before coming to the Dancing Sun City. Almost no one knew that the Demon Palace had been destroyed, so it wasn't difficult to imagine how powerful the Demon King Palace was.

Rumble...

Black clouds were gathered above the Dancing Sun City as if the apocalypse was here. The previously bustling city had started panicking. It looked like a fierce was going to erupt.

The faces of those from the Wu family looked extremely unsightly. Today was their ancestral worshipping ceremony, and none of them had expected to face this nasty situation. It was just as Yunzhong He said, they weren't here to talk.

"Not good."

Jiang Chen furrowed his brows. With his sensitive senses, he discovered that the demonic energy that was spreading across the sky was isolating the city from the outside world. In other words, the four guardians had sealed up the city with some secret tricks, causing it to lose connection with the outside world completely. Therefore, even if this place was soon going to be filled with violent battles, no one outside the city would be able to know. With this, when the Profound River Palace finds out about what happened here, the city might already have become a city of the dead.

When Shan Ying saw the demonic energies in the sky that looked like a spider's web, his expressed became ugly as well. He turned to the four guardians and shouted, "Yunzhong He, do you really want to start a war?!"

"I already told you, you are the ones who started it! And besides, we're not here today to talk!"

Intense killing intent emerged in Yunzhong He's eyes.

"Do you think that just you four are capable of destroying this city?"

Wu Ningzhu said. Even when faced with such a situation, she didn't show any signs of panicking. Just her attitude alone was more than enough to win over peoples' respect.

"I have long ago heard of Wonderhand Thousandtune Wu Ningzhu's unique zither-style, and daddy wishes to experience it today! Let me see how strong this number one genius of the Profound River Palace is!"

Heixin Fu said. His voice was hoarse and eerie, extremely unpleasant. Right after he finished speaking, a pair of black wings appeared on his back. With a flap of his wings, he dashed toward Wu Ningzhu with incredible speed.

With Heixin Fu's attack, the war had officially erupted. The demonic energies above the city started spreading and revealing countless demons. The demons blotted out both sky and land as they let out ear-shattering roars. Each and every single one of them had a bloodthirsty look in their eyes and were jumping into every corner of the Dancing Sun City.

The entire city was in an unprecedented critical situation. All the unprepared warriors quickly woke up from shock, then took out their Combat Weapons and fought those demons without any hesitation.

No one expected the Demon King Palace to launch an attack on the city suddenly. Furthermore, there had been no signs. An attack of this scale was unprecedented as well.

The massacre immediately brought bloodshed to the city. Jiang Chen remained still without doing anything; he just paid close attention to the defense mechanism that sealed the Dancing Sun City. It had been completely activated, and no one from outside the city would be able to find out about what was happening here before the defense mechanism was disabled.

Jiang Chen initially thought that his actions had brought forth the rage of the Demon King Palace, causing them to send four of their guardians to attack the Dancing Sun City to get revenge for what a human had done to one of their big powers. However, judging from what he had seen so far, it wasn't his fault. Jiang Chen's actions had just given the Demon King Palace an excuse to launch their attack.

Even if Jiang Chen didn't annihilate the Demon Palace, the Dancing Sun City would still be attacked today. Judging from the scale of the army they had sent here, the Demon King Palace had obviously been preparing for a long time. If not, the scale would be much smaller than it was now. Also, that defense mechanism was the most important part of this war. It hadn't been long since the Demon Palace was destroyed, so no matter how fast the Demon King Palace was able to react, they just wouldn't be able to prepare this in such a short amount of time, and they wouldn't have chosen this city as their primary target.

The Demon King Palace's main target was obviously Wu Ningzhu. She was incredibly famous in the Southern Continent, and she was titled the number one genius of the younger generation. With her dazzling talent, the Demon King Palace felt a sense of urgency. Therefore, they wanted to kill Wu Ningzhu and hurt the Profound River Palace's future growth; that's why they sent their guardians here. They wanted to deal a heavy blow, and the Wu family's ancestral worshipping ceremony was the perfect time to do so.

Roar...

The wild roars of the demons could be heard everywhere. Some of the demons with gigantic bodies like small hills destroyed all building wherever they passed.

A horrifying war had erupted without any prior warning. The Wu family was completely unprepared, and their ancestral worshipping ceremony hadn't even started yet. Perhaps they wouldn't have the chance to start it any longer, as the altar had become the center of this intense battlefield.

This was a war of a massive scale. Faced with those cruel and ferocious demons, no one were able to remain calm. Only Jiang Chen who had seen a lot of things was able to remain calm when faced with this violent battlefield.

Boom!

A golden lion who was as tall as a pagoda suddenly landed in the square, instantly killing a couple of men with the shockwave that came from its landing.

Roar!

The lion was extremely ferocious. It had a Late Divine Core cultivation, and with its pair of eyes that were filled with strong killing intent; it instantly brought bloodshed to the scene.

Boom!

Right as everyone at the scene were panicking, a gigantic blood-red dragon claw suddenly descended from the sky and hit the raging lion, crushing it to meat paste.

Those who saw what happened were instantly shocked. They started looking around, trying to find out who did that, but no one was able to find the man who had just saved them. A person who could kill a Late Divine Core demon with just a single slap must be a mighty warrior.

"Everyone listen up! Follow me and fight these demons together!"

With a huge golden blade in her hand, Wu Ningzhu shouted out loudly, causing everyone in the city to hear what she said. Although the Wu family weren't prepared for this attack, they were after all a big power in the Southern Continent. With their counter-attacks, they could still deal the Demon King Palace a deadly blow.

Above the altar, Wu Ningzhu kept moving around like a black butterfly. She had been fighting a couple of rounds with Heixin Fu, and she was able to knock him back with her powerful attacks each time easily.

"Damn it; this young girl is really strong!"

Heixin Fu couldn't help but curse inwardly. Although he was one of the Demon King Palace's eight great guardians, he still had to admit that Wu Ningzhu was a formidable opponent, as he had nearly been defeated by her even before she played her strongest tune.

On the other side, Yunzhong He was fighting with Shan Ying. Both of them were even in terms of cultivation, but Shan Ying was pretty old, and his body was no match for the demon in front of him in terms of strength. Yunzhong He was a crane demon, allowing him to attack with incredible speed and strength. Therefore, after exchanging a few rounds of attacks, Shan Ying was in a disadvantageous position.

"So, the Profound River Palace's mighty warrior is not that strong after all."

Yunzhong He kept waving the feather fan in his hand, unleashing bright beams upon Shan Ying.

Both of Shan Ying's eyes had turned red. He threw his glance over to the city underneath him and saw the horrifying scene. He was unable to control his emotions, and said, "Yunzhong He! How dare you attack our humans' city?! This is a serious provocation to the Profound River Palace, and what is happening here will soon be noticed by the Profound River Palace! Today, you four guardians are all going to die!"

"Haha, is that so? I don't mind telling you this; the entire city has been sealed up by the four of us; this place is completely isolated from the outside world! Even if we destroy the entire city, the Profound River Palace will still be in the dark!"

Yunzhong He burst into laughter.

"What?!"

Shan Ying cried out in shock. Only now did he discover that there was indeed a layer of faded light hovering above the Dancing Sun City's sky. Noticing this situation, Shan Ying's spirit immediately sunk to the bottom of his heart. It looked like everything was going according to the Demon King Palace's plan. Their primary target was Wu Ningzhu, and with the complete isolation of the city, there was no way they could inform anyone about what was going on here, and all humans in this place would be completely massacred by the Demon King Palace.

Furthermore, if something bad truly happened to Wu Ningzhu, it would be a great blow to the Profound River Palace. Looking at the battles taking place below them, with these four great guardians of the Demon King Palace, the unprepared Dancing Sun City was no match for those demons.

"So, today, this city will become a living hell! All mortals will perish underneath the Demon King Palace's iron hoof; we will leave no survivors!"

A cruel smile emerged onto Yunzhong He's face. He turned to two other men who stood behind him and told him with a loud voice, "Old Bear, Old Hawk, go help Old Bat capture Wu Ningzhu! Remember, don't kill her, the master wants her alive! Also, make it quick!"

"Jiejie, alright!"

Baoshan Xiong and Tieyi Ying sprinted forward and grouped up with Heixin Fu. The three of them quickly surrounded Wu Ningzhu.

"Hmph! Three mighty great guardians of the Demon King Palace grouping together to attack a lone lady, you guys don't feel any shame!"

Wu Ningzhu coldly harrumphed.

"We won't feel shame if we win this fight. Wu Ningzhu, if I was you, I'd just give up and admit defeat, so I wouldn't have to suffer any pain."

Baoshan Xiong said.

"Fat chance! You three, show me what you got, it is still too early to tell who will win this battle!"

Wu Ningzhu was still brimming with confidence. Although she was facing three formidable opponents, she was showing no signs of being nervous. With a flip of her hand, a black zither appeared.

Chapter 403 – White-Clothed Youngster

Wu Ningzhu stood in the sky with one hand holding the zither, and the other above the strings. She started gently plucking them, sending out three visible soundwaves in the form of three sharp blades toward the three great guardians.

Not only were these tunes played by Wu Ningzhu extremely powerful and deadly, but they were also very difficult to defend against. Every single note was capable of easily penetrating into the depths of one's soul, greatly affecting the opponent.

"Be careful, this girl's soundwave attacks are powerful, don't underestimate them!"

Heixin Fu reminded his friends. Following that, the three great guardians all attacked at the same time, unleashing bright energy beams which blocked Wu Ningzhu's soundwave attacks.

"Hmph! Fantasy Zither Thousandtunes!"

Wu Ningzhu coldly harrumphed. She placed the black zither in front of her and made it float. Following that, she placed both hands above the strings and started plucking them with incredible speed, causing her hands to look like butterflies flying around, leaving behind afterimages.

In an instant, countless mysterious music notes started flying around in the sky above the city. Each of the notes represented different energies and attacks. The each soundwave underwent countless changes while flying, and they were emitting varieties of different colors. The blotted out both sky and land as they stormed toward the three great guardians.

Even the three great guardians were shocked when faced with this attack. This number one genius of the Profound River Palace with the title Wonderhand Thousandtune truly deserved her reputation.

Wu Ningzhu's soundwaves could transform whenever she wished. From mild to wild, from pleasant to ear-piercing, from elegant to savage, from the sounds of nature to the sounds of devils. Each transformation was natural, and it affected her opponents' minds immediately.

Roar!

Baoshan Xiong furiously roared out. His body instantly transformed, becoming over 3 meters tall. With a pair of iron fists that shone brightly, he punched the soundwaves coming toward him, shattering them into pieces.

As for Tieyi Ying, he had a pair of terrifying iron wings that were nearly invincible. His wings were dancing about, producing a flawless defense. On the other side, Heixin Fu was wildly roaring around. His roars were soundwave attacks, but when compared to Wu Ningzhu; his soundwave attacks were just too weak.

However, Wu Ningzhu had to fight three enemies at the same time, and they weren't ordinary opponents; they were the great guardians of the Demon King Palace! Even if she possessed amazing talent, she had to split her attack into three. It was impossible for her to completely defeat all three of them at the same time, and now, she couldn't even break their defense. It looked like this would be a drawn-out battle.

Jiang Chen who stood right in the center of the crowd had found the ins and outs of Wu Ningzhu. By having such amazing cultivation at such a young age, she was indeed a peerless genius. None of the great guardians of the Demon King Palace could be easily defeated, and they were all overall stronger than Shan Ying; no ordinary Late Combat Soul warriors could compare with them. Having the ability to fight three of them at the same time and still remain in an advantageous position, Wu Ningzhu had proved her incredible strength.

If it was a one versus one fight, none of these great guardians of the Demon King Palace would be a match for Wu Ningzhu, but if they teamed up and attacked her together, it would be a different story.

With her Fantasy Zither Thousandtunes attack, Wu Ningzhu and the three guardians were in a deadlock. On the other side, although Shan Ying could only defend himself without fighting back, he was after all a Late Combat Soul warrior, a respectable Elder of the Profound River Palace, and he did have some hidden skills and tricks. Therefore, it was also impossible for Yunzhong He to kill him in a short amount of time.

Shan Ying and Wu Ningzhu were alone taking on the four great guardians of the Demon King Palace, but the city's situation was not good. The most powerful force in the city was the Wu family, and Wu Ningzhu had only brought Shan Ying from the Profound River Palace this time. As for the Demon King Palace, they had been preparing for this assault for a very long time, and with a lack of any prior preparation, there was no way the people of the Dancing Sun City could defend themselves from the crazy attacks of the demons. With the strength of the Wu family alone, there was no way they could defeat those ferocious demons.

Everyone from the Wu family were busy fighting, including Wu Tianyang and all their Combat Soul warriors. None of them had time to help the others. As for the innocent and weak people of the city, they were just food waiting to be served, as most of them were too weak to even fight back. They could only wait to be slaughtered.

Ahh...

Miserable shrieks could be heard from everywhere, and it didn't seem like it would stop anytime soon. Humans and demons were fighting everywhere, and the buildings were being destroyed.

This was an extremely cruel massacre. Jiang Chen looked around and shook his head in silence. The deadlock between Wu Ningzhu, Shan Ying, and the four great guardians would soon be broken. Neither of them would be able to last for much longer, and even those people from the Wu family were going to be defeated by those demons soon. More and more people from the Wu family died with each passing minute.

The fights between the other humans and demons were equally terrifying. If the situation continued like this, Jiang Chen had no doubts that after today, the Dancing Sun City would definitely become a city of the dead. It was just like Yunzhong He had said, all living mortals here were going to die; the entire city was going to be slaughtered by the Demon King Palace.

It wasn't difficult to foresee that. The Dancing Sun City would meet the same end as the Demon Palace annihilated by Jiang Chen.

Hoouuuu!

Suddenly, a savage beast descended from the sky above. With its mouth wide open, it simply tried to devour Jiang Chen with a single bite.

Sigh...

Jiang Chen shook his head faintly. When the savage beast approached him, he casually pointed his finger forward and unleashed a golden beam, cutting the beast in half.

"Looks like I have to do something today. As a human, I can't just sit by and do nothing."

Jiang Chen said with an indifferent tone. Following that, a sharp cry suddenly resounded throughout the city.

The cry was extremely harsh and unpleasant, and it immediately attracted many people's attention. They raised their heads up and saw a golden sword over 30 meters tall appearing in the sky.

This was an amazingly huge sword. It wasn't being held by anyone, but it was flying around by itself.

Swoosh!

As if someone was controlling the huge golden sword from somewhere, it started flying in every direction within the battlefield, and every single demon would be sliced in half wherever the sword went.

It seemed like this huge sword was a sentient object. It didn't attack any humans, it only focused on demons, and it wiped out every single ferocious creature along its way. Nothing seemed to be able to stop it, and no demons were able to withstand more than a single strike from this gigantic golden sword.

"Look, what is that sword? It's really amazing!"

"That huge golden sword has killed many demons, that's great!"

"What an extraordinary sword! It looks like there is a mighty warrior hiding somewhere in this city, I'm sure the owner of this sword is a formidable warrior! But, who can that person be?"

............

The appearance of the huge golden sword brought joy to many people. Many of them were in fact saved by the sword when they were on the brink of death.

Swoosh... swoosh... swoosh...

The golden sword continued flying throughout the city, slaying a huge amount of demons, causing bodies to rain down from the sky. It also brought back hope to those who had lost it.

Nobody noticed a young man standing within the crowd, secretly controlling this huge golden sword.

"Haha, good!"

While fighting a Mid Combat Soul demon, Wu Tianyang laughed out in satisfaction. The sudden appearance of this sword had raised everyone's spirit. Not only that, it also allowed Wu Tianyang to know that there was a mighty warrior hidden somewhere. He wasn't an idiot; he was easily able to tell how powerful this sword was with his eyes. It was also obvious to him that no ordinary man would be able to own such an amazing sword.

Wu Ningzhu and Shan Ying who were restlessly fighting had seen this huge sword as well, and so had the guardians of the Demon King Palace.

"This is a good sword; it's mine now!"

Heixin Fu's eyes lit up. He flapped his wings and flew toward the gigantic golden sword, then stretched his arm forward and tried to grab it.

"Don't you dare run away from me!"

Wu Ningzhu refused to let him touch the sword. She immediately unleashed a soundwave attack, blocking Heixin Fu.

"Heixin Fu, there aren't any mighty warriors hiding in this city. Let's focus on capturing Wu Ningzhu together; we can work on that sword afterward!"

Yunzhong He said loudly. He attacked again with his feather fan, knocking Shan Ying back. He spat out some blood and said, "You old fool, enough playing with you! Heavenly Crane Cry!"

Yunzhong He instantly attacked madly. He wanted to end this battle quickly and kill Shan Ying.

Caw!

A huge illusionary crane suddenly appeared above Shan Ying and hit him with tremendous force. Shan Ying was injured and unable to defend himself from this attack, so he was instantly knocked away with blood shooting out from his body. The attack had severely wounded him, and it caused his combat strength to be reduced by at least half.

Swoosh!

After knocking Shan Ying away, Yunzhong He didn't continue attacking him, he instead turned around and teamed up with the other three guardians.

With Yunzhong He joining in, Wu Ningzhu was finally unable to withstand their attacks. Her zither tunes started becoming messy, and she was unable to keep the balance between her soundwaves. She was now barely able to defend herself.

Houu!

On the other side, a powerful Mid Combat Soul demon suddenly jumped out and transformed into its original form, then dashed toward the gigantic golden sword.

"Hmph! Don't even think about touching my sword!"

Right at this moment, a cold 'humph' suddenly resounded throughout the battlefield. Following that, a young man appeared in the sky. He waved his hand, and the gigantic golden sword immediately returned to him.

Many people immediately threw their glances to this white-clothed young man. Even though no one could see his face, as there was a layer of golden light covering his face, they could feel that he was a young man.

This young man was none other than Jiang Chen! In order to reduce the casualties and pressure, he determinedly stepped into the scene.

Boom!

When the demon beast found out that Jiang Chen was only a Divine Core warrior, it immediately dashed toward him with its mouth wide open, attempting to kill him with a single bite.

"Die!"

Jiang Chen raised the Heavenly Saint Sword high up into the air and swung it toward the demon. The dazzling sword cruelly sliced through the demon's body. The Mid Combat Soul demon was no match for Jiang Chen's formidable strength, so its body was cut into two parts in an instant.

Jiang Chen stretched his arm forward and grabbed a golden demon soul from the demon's corpse. It was a demon soul belonging to a Mid Combat Soul demon, and as long as Jiang Chen absorbed it now, he would have enough Dragon Marks to break through to the Combat Soul realm. Heavenly Tribulation would also appear immediately after absorbing it.

Chapter 404 – Come! Let's Face Heavenly Tribulation Together!

The sudden appearance of this white-clothed young man and him killing the Mid Combat Soul demon within seconds brought a storm to the scene. It instantly caused the battles to become even more heated up.

"Who is that young man, and why is he so strong? He's only a Divine Core warrior, not yet a Combat Soul warrior, so how can he kill a Mid Combat Soul demon with but a single strike? This is too unbelievable!"

Wu Tianyang's face was filled with shock.

"Which power is this man from? He is definitely not from the Profound River Palace, and I've never heard of anyone in the Southern Continent who resembles this man. With his amazing talent, he should certainly be a famous person!"

Wu Ningzhu turned her pale face to look at the young man, and she was also struck with astonishment. However, even with her amazing cultivation, she too was unable to see through the golden glow covering this young man's face.

But for some unknown reason, after this young man appeared, Wu Ningzhu suddenly felt like she had seen a ray of hope. It was a truly mysterious feeling, as this young man wasn't even a Combat Soul warrior, and yet, he made her feel as if he could easily turn the tables.

Jiang Chen didn't stop after killing that demon. Like a fierce tiger pouncing toward a group of tame sheep, his body flashed toward the center of the battlefield. Within the blink of an eye, another three Combat Soul demons had been slain by Jiang Chen's sword. Following the reduction of these Combat Soul demons, the pressure the Wu family faced had been instantly reduced.

"Young man in white, he is the one who annihilated the Demon Palace!"

When Yunzhong He saw Jiang Chen who was bringing a reign of terror to the demons across the battlefield, he immediately identified him as the culprit who had annihilated the Demon Palace.

"According to the survivors from the Demon Palace, it was a young man who looked to be about 17 years old who annihilated them, and he also used a terrifying sword! I'm sure this guy is the culprit! What a lucky day for us, I'll go and kill him now!"

Baoshan Xiong shouted out.

"Old Bear, let's capture Wu Ningzhu before we kill that guy!"

Yunzhong He stopped Baoshan Xiong from acting recklessly.

After that, all four great guardians drew out their Combat Weapons at the same time. The four of them had been working together for a very long time; giving them good synergy when attacking enemies. In an instant, they unleashed a dark cloud that was entirely formed from their Combat Weapons and demonic energy, then brutally sent it toward Wu Ningzhu.

The attack instantly caused Wu Ningzhu's expression to change dramatically. She continued stroking the strings of her zither, unleashing countless abstruse musical notes resembling scythes toward the dark cloud. However, even if she was Wonderhand Thousandtune, it was impossible for her to withstand the combined attack from these four great guardians.

Bam!

Blergh!

Wu Ningzhu was instantly knocked back by the attack, and a mouthful of blood was forced out from her mouth, staining the black veil covering her face. At the same time, her energy began to weaken significantly. She had clearly suffered a serious injury.

"Ning'er!"

Wu Tianyang and Shan Ying cried out in shock at the same time when they saw that Wu Ningzhu had been injured. Although Shan Ying was also badly injured, he immediately went up to Wu Ningzhu to protect her from being further attacked by the four great guardians.

"Old fool, I'll kill you now! Guys, let's attack with everything we got! Remember, we need Wu Ningzhu to stay alive!"

Yunzhong He said with a cruel tone. With just one more combined attack from all four of them, Shan Ying would face certain death. On the other side, Wu Ningzhu had lost all ability to defend herself.

Bang!

Right at this moment, a clap of thunder sounded out in the sky above the city. It was an explosively loud clap of thunder that caused the entire Dancing Sun City to vibrate, striking every single being with extreme shock.

Boom!

The clap of thunder was just the beginning. Thunder began roaring out in the sky, and dark clouds started gathering in the sky. The demonic energy that was originally covering the sky was immediately dispersed, and rapid lightning started crawling through the sky. A heavenly pressure started pushing down on every single object underneath the heavens. Faced with this mighty heavenly pressure, even the four great guardians began to palpitate.

Pipapipa...

As the dark clouds rolled into the sky accompanied by thunder and lightning, the demonic energy had completely disappeared. With that, the defense mechanism that isolated the city had finally been broken. The dark clouds were pressuring from above, and seven colored lightning bolts were breaking out in the sky as if there was an ancient barbarian beast wreaking havoc within. It caused all those who looked at the sky to feel terrified.

"What's going on? I can feel a powerful pressure from the sky; I don't feel good!"

"The thunder is roaring as if the end of the world is approaching, why did the weather suddenly become like this?"

"I know what this is; it's the legendary Heavenly Tribulation! According to legends, when a heavenly-defying object appears, the Heavens will send forth its punishment in the form of Lightning Tribulation! Could a heavenly-defying object have appeared in this city?"

"A heavenly-defying object hasn't been seen in the last ten thousand years; I've never seen anything like this before!"

............

Everyone was startled by this change. Right at this moment, the demons and humans had stopped fighting each other; they had all thrown their glances toward the sky. As the heavenly pressure was getting stronger and stronger, they got even more scared.

"Damn it, what is facing Heavenly Tribulation now?!"

Yunzhong He couldn't help but curse. It looked like a heavenly-defying object had appeared in the city, and the heavens was sending forth its Heavenly Tribulation to this place. If the lightning tribulation truly took place here, many people were going to be caught in the crossfire.

Rumble...

The furious thunder sounded like the roars of barbarian beasts. Soon, the dark cloud had pushed down and stopped above a specific spot in the city. This immediately struck all humans and demons who also stood underneath with great fear. They simply ran away as fast as they possibly could and tried to distance themselves as far away as possible.

After everyone had left the spot, all that remained underneath the dark cloud was a white-clothed young man whose face was covered in a golden glow. He simply stood there solemnly. He raised his head and stared at the furious lightning in the sky, without making any noise or movement.

"It's him! He is the one who will face Heavenly Tribulation!"

"Are you kidding me? Facing Heavenly Tribulation at the Divine Core realm? Is this some kind of joke?"

"Where did this young man come from? Why can he attract Heavens' Punishment just by breaking through to the Combat Soul realm?!"

............

All four of the great guardians felt an urge to vomit blood. Even Wu Ningzhu was unable to take her eyes off of this young man. As the number one genius of the Profound River Palace, she never acknowledged herself inferior regarding talent to anybody else, but she had never met any super genius who had to face Heavenly Tribulation when breaking through to the Combat Soul realm.

However, no matter how hard Wu Ningzhu thought about it, she just couldn't remember hearing anything about the Southern Continent having this heavenly-defying genius.

The Heavenly Tribulation was here, and the war had instantly come to a halt. No one dared fight underneath Heavens Punishment, as they were afraid they might attract the Heavenly Tribulation and die in the process.

Jiang Chen was floating in the sky, standing quietly underneath the tribulation clouds. He stretched his arms out, as if he was enjoying the moment. The Heavenly Tribulation would never be able to make him surrender.

Soon, three red lines appeared in the dark cloud. They looked red as fresh blood, as if there were three blood streams crossing the sky, causing all those who looked at them to feel a tremendous pressure.

"Minor Three Tribulations?"

A faint smile emerged onto Jiang Chen's face. When the three red lines appeared amongst the dark clouds, it signified that Jiang Chen was going to face the Three Minor Tribulations. This was something he had experienced in his past life.

In his past life, Jiang Chen had faced two Heavenly Tribulations. The first was when he broke through to the Minor Saint realm from the Peak Combat Emperor realm, and he had to face the Three Minor Tribulations. The second time was when he broke through to the Great Saint realm from the Minor Saint realm, where he had to face the Intermediate Six Tribulations. According to legend, when one was breaking through to the Immortal realm from the Great Saint realm, the Immortal Realm would send forth its Major Nine Tribulations, also called the Tribulation of misery. However, Jiang Chen never had the chance to experience it, as he died before he could do so. Perhaps there were some who had faced the Major Nine Tribulation during the last hundred years and entered the Immortal realm.

Those old farts who had lived for a long time without the ability to cultivate further, once they were given Immortal Energy, it would be very easy for them to break through to the Immortal realm. Jiang Chen had no doubts about that. With his new life, this Major Nine Tribulation was his current ultimate goal.

However, Jiang Chen had never expected to face the Minor Three Tribulations that only appeared when breaking through to the Minor Saint realm would come to him so soon. He knew that the reason for this was all because of the Dragon Transformation skill.

The first red line started swaying and producing thunderous sounds. In the following second, the red line transformed into a Thunder Dragon. The Thunder Dragon's terrifying body swayed, and it threw an angry glance at Jiang Chen.

Right now, the entire Dancing Sun City was in dead silence. Everyone was holding their breath as they looked at the Thunder Dragon. No one here had ever seen Heavenly Tribulation before, and today was the first time they experienced this rare event. Luckily, the Heavenly Tribulation only focused on this white-clothed youngster. If not, the entire city would perish underneath this furious tribulation.

"Haha! Come!"

Jiang Chen laughed out heartily. No signs of fear could be found on his face.

As if having sensed Jiang Chen's challenge, the Thunder Dragon immediately let out a furious roar and dived down toward Jiang Chen.

Just when the Thunder Dragon moved, Jiang Chen moved at the same time. With the help of the Dimensional Shift skill, Jiang Chen immediately appeared in front of Yunzhong He with incredible speed.

"What?!"

A terrified expression instantly emerged onto Yunzhong He's face as he cried out in horror. However, it was too late for him to do anything.

"Haha, let's face the Heavenly Tribulation together!"

Jiang Chen burst into laughter. He simply stood right beside Yunzhong He as the horrifying Thunder Dragon crashed into them and transformed into a curtain formed entirely from lightning and thunder, instantly flooding both of them.

Argh!!

A miserable shriek sounded out from the deadly thunder curtain, causing the hairs of all those who heard it to stand up. Within a split second, many people could see two pieces of a corpse falling from the thunderous curtain. The two pieces were completely burnt, but people were still able to see that they belonged to Yunzhong He.

After that, the thunderous curtain disappeared, and a white-clothed youngster was revealed. Although he was slightly staggering, he was still in high spirits. He wasn't even hurt after passing through the first tribulation.

The Heavenly Tribulation was a well-directed phenomenon. Those who faced it had proved to possess heavenly-defying talent, meaning that they had the potential to overcome the Heavenly Tribulation successfully. However, for any other living beings who weren't targeted by the Heavenly Tribulation, it was a deadly phenomenon. Take Yunzhong He for example, when the Heavenly Tribulation struck him, his source tribulation was immediately stimulated, and he simply had no way to withstand the mighty power of the Heavenly Pressure. Therefore he was sliced in half by the thunder.

Haa!

Everyone gasped upon seeing what just happened, especially the other three great guardians. They simply stared at the youngster not far away from them with eyes wide open, as if they were looking at a ghost. This young man was extremely fierce; he actually forced another person to face the Heavenly Tribulation with him!

"Damn it, let's keep a distance from that guy!"

Baoshan Xiong couldn't help but curse. Facing the Heavenly Tribulation together with this youngster meant certain death, there were no second options. The formidable Yunzhong He was a perfect example of this.

Rumble...

Soon after, the second tribulation bolt started forming.

Chapter 405 – Combat Soul

Rumble...

Heaven and earth were both shaking, and the strong Heavenly Pressure caused everyone to panic. Human or demon, every living being stayed as far away from the scene as they could.

Jiang Chen slowly raised his head and looking to the sky. He saw the second red line had started wriggling; then it transformed into a gigantic Thunder Dragon in the blink of an eye. This Thunder Dragon was twice as big as the first one. For this Minor Three Tribulations, there would be a total of three tribulations. Each tribulation would be stronger than the previous one.

Pipapipa...

The seven-colored lightning continuously crawled throughout the sky, as if some living snakes. Not only that, but it was also producing sounds that made people feel a numbness in their heads. The Thunder Dragon soon locked onto Jiang Chen; then it immediately flew down toward Jiang Chen.

The people looked into the sky and stared at the Thunder Dragon with great fear. Almost everyone stopped breathing as they looked at the Thunder Dragon. No one doubted that if this Thunder Dragon's target was them, they would instantly be killed by its attack. There would be no possible second outcome.

Swoosh!

Jiang Chen's eyes lit up. Right when the Thunder Dragon started moving toward him, he threw his glance over at Baoshan Xiong.

"Not good!"

Baoshan Xiong had a bad feeling and immediately flew into the far distance. He knew Jiang Chen's intentions, and if he didn't run away in time, he would follow Yunzhong He's footsteps.

"Too late."

Jiang Chen said in a cold manner. His body flashed, and he charged toward Baoshan Xiong was flying away as fast as he could. Although Baoshan Xiong was a Late Combat Soul warrior, Jiang Chen was already infinitely close to the Combat Soul realm. With his incredible abilities, Baoshan Xiong was no match for him at all, much less in terms of speed.

Boom!

The second Thunder Dragon collided with Baoshan Xiong whom Jiang Chen had already caught up to. It instantly exploded into a lightning-like web, flooding both Jiang Chen and Baoshan Xiong.

Argh!!

Another miserable shriek was heard. Within seconds, Baoshan Xiong's gigantic body was seen falling down from the lightning. He died in a miserable manner, and not only that, his head had been cracked open. His demon soul had been taken by Jiang Chen.

The thunder was still wreaking havoc in the sky, and lightning continuously flashed. The furious thunder continued making noise from the lightning web. Nobody were able to see what happened to the white-clothed youngster, but since the thunder was still acting so violently, the young man had yet to die.

"Oh heavens, this is too frightening!"

"What an eye-opening day! The formidable guardians of the Demon King Palace were actually killed with this method, and they didn't even have the ability to fight back! Just who is that young man? And how can he attract Heavenly Tribulation?"

"Who knows, but we really have to thank him! If not for him, this city would probably be doomed today, and young Miss Wu Ningzhu would be in great danger as well!"

............

If the people here hadn't witnessed this themselves, they would not believe it. A heavenly-defying human had been born in front of them; this was an existence who had to face Heavenly Tribulation when breaking through to the Combat Soul realm! This was the first time in the Southern Continent history that such a heavenly-defying monster had appeared.

This time, the lightning lasted longer than it did during the first tribulation, and it only disappeared slowly after a few minutes. The youngster was revealed once again, and right now, Jiang Chen's aura had clearly become a bit weaker, and his dark hair was in a chaotic state as well. His clothes weren't as clean as they had previously been either. He had obviously suffered some injuries from the second tribulation bolt.

However, these injuries weren't threatening to him. The Dragon Transformation skill gave him a natural regeneration ability, so the injuries he suffered didn't mean much.

Rumble...

Both tribulation bolts failed to make this heaven-defying existence perish. This immediately angered the Heavenly Tribulation. Without any delay, the third tribulation bolt appeared; an even larger Thunder Dragon was formed.

Right when this Thunder Dragon appeared, Tieyi Ying and Heixin Fu looked at each other and cried out at the same time, "Run!"

After saying that, the two guardians increased their speed to their maximum and started fleeing in different directions. That youngster was too fierce; he had used the Heavenly Tribulation to kill Yunzhong He and Baoshan Xiong. As for the third tribulation bolt, it would be for either one of them.

Their plan to slaughter everyone in the Dancing Sun City had obviously failed. The unexpected appearance of this young man had destroyed their big plot, and caused them to lose two great guardians as well as some Combat Soul demons. For the Demon King Palace, this was a great loss.

Faced with the third tribulation bolt, the only thing Tieyi Ying and Heixin Fu could do was run for their lives. If they slowed down, they had no doubts they would be killed by this Heavenly Tribulation.

"One of you will have to stay behind."

As if Jiang Chen had predicted their movement, he immediately chased after Heixin Fu. Although Tieyi Ying and Heixin Fu were demons with great speed, Heixin Fu was still a bit slower than Tieyi Ying. Not only that, Jiang Chen had to pay attention to the Heavenly Tribulation; so he couldn't focus on both of them. Chasing one of them was still an easy thing for him to do, though.

With the combination of the Nine Phantom Wolves and Dimensional Shift skills, Jiang Chen easily caught up to Heixin Fu in the blink of an eye. When Heixin Fu turned around, he immediately saw the gigantic Thunder Dragon descending toward him from the skies.

"NOO!!"

Immense fear emerged into Heixin Fu's heart. He knew he was going to die and let out another miserable shriek. He wasn't scared of this young man who was facing Heavenly Tribulation; he was scared of the Heavenly Tribulation itself.

No amount of fear could save him from his fate. When the Thunder Dragon fell onto his body, Heixin Fu's fate had been determined.

Argh!!

To no one's surprise, Heixin Fu let out a miserable shriek as he died miserably within the lightning sea. His demon soul was forcefully dug out by Jiang Chen. It was another Late Combat Soul demon soul, and it would bring Jiang Chen a lot of benefits.

On the other side, Tieyi Ying shrank his neck back when he saw that Heixin Fu had been killed. Without hesitating, he issued a loud cry, and instantly transformed into his original form, an Ironwing Hawk. After that, he continued flying into the far distance, disappearing from the scene.

Houuu...

Following the death of three great guardians and Tieyi Ying's fleeing, all demons started crazily fleeing from the city. They continuously increased their pace, scared that if they flew just a little bit slower, they would get burned by the Heavenly Tribulation.

Out of the four great guardians, three of them were dead, and one had fled. The war could no longer go on. Ever since that huge golden sword appeared, the demons' fighting spirit had weakened more and more with each passing moment. Faced with the current situation, if they kept fighting, it wouldn't result in the Dancing Sun City's destruction, but the Demon King Palace.

These demons of the Demon King Palace came fast and left fast. In just a few breaths time, there were no longer any living demons in the city; peace had finally returned. However, it wasn't completely peaceful yet, as the lightning sea was still roaring in the sky above.

The demons had fled, and the Dancing Sun City had been saved from annihilation. It was only natural that people would start cheering because of that, but none of them were cheering, as everyone were staring at the lightning sea, including Wu Ningzhu and Shan Ying.

Within that lightning sea was today's hero. Without him, the city would have perished. Right now, everyone were capable of feeling that this third tribulation bolt was clearly much stronger than the previous two. They couldn't even begin to imagine how that youngster could withstand its mighty power; they were all worried for their hero.

Right now, within the lightning sea, blood had started flowing down from Jiang Chen's lip. That's the reason why he didn't chase after Tieyi Ying. He knew how powerful the third tribulation bolt was, and after killing Heixin Fu with it, he would have to resist it using all his strength.

Graaa!

Jiang Chen pointed his head toward the sky and let out a dragon's roar while the lightning continuously hammered against his body. When the lightning entered his body, all the Dragon Marks in his Qi Sea started experiencing a transformation at their very source.

After some time, the Divine Core in his Qi Sea cracked. Following that, a palm-sized blood-red dragon appeared above his head. When Jiang Chen raised his head up to look at this tiny dragon, he immediately felt a perfect intimacy with it, as if this tiny dragon was a part of his body.

"So, this is my Combat Soul?"

A look of astonishment emerged in Jiang Chen's eyes. Under normal circumstances, a human's Combat Soul was like a tiny human representing that person's very source. In his past life, his Combat Soul was a tiny Jiang Chen. Now, his Combat Soul was a tiny dragon. However, since Jiang Chen knew about the uniqueness of the skill he cultivated, he wasn't too surprised upon seeing this tiny dragon.

Right now, together with his Combat Soul, Jiang Chen was experiencing a root transformation within the lightning sea.

With a thought, the tiny blood-red dragon instantly entered his body from the top of his head and sat down firmly within his Qi Sea.

At the same time, Jiang Chen's body started transforming from within. New Dragon Marks started forming. This was a transformation that happened from his very source, and the growth rate he obtained was unimaginable.

The thunder's force made Jiang Chen's body stronger. Each and every single cell within his body was restlessly trembling; they were hungrily absorbing the thunder's force and tempering his body. With that, Jiang Chen's foundation got stronger with every minute passing, and new Dragon Marks were continuously forming.

Soon, over 1,000 new Dragon Marks had formed. Jiang Chen now had a total of 6,000 Dragon Marks in his body! Such a huge improvement was not something that Jiang Chen expected.

Even with all that, the thunder had yet to stop bringing him benefits. New Dragon Marks were continuously forming, and right now, Jiang Chen only wished for the Heavenly Tribulation to last longer. The longer it lasted, the better it was for him.

All living beings were scared off Heavenly Tribulation. Therefore, it was incredibly rare to find someone like Jiang Chen, who wished for Heavenly Tribulation to last longer.

"After having my body tempered by the thunder's force, my foundation has become much stronger. I can just take this opportunity to absorb these three demon souls. With that, I can increase my cultivation to a peak level."

Jiang Chen's eyes lit up. He then flipped his palm, causing three demon souls to appear.

Chapter 406 – Leaving Gracefully

These three demon souls were no ordinary demon souls, they all came from Late Combat Soul demons. They could bring Jiang Chen an incredible improvement to his cultivation. Together with the thunder's force, if Jiang Chen completely absorbed all three of them, he might be able to form another 1,000 Dragon Marks, and once the Heavenly Tribulation came to an end, Jiang Chen would have a total of 7,000 Dragon Marks in his body.

Since his foundation was very powerful at the moment, Jiang Chen wasn't worried that his foundation would receive negative side effects from absorbing these demon souls. Therefore, without hesitating, he immediately absorbed all three demon souls.

The city was deadly quiet. Everyone was staring at the lightning sea without speaking a single word. They were hoping to see the white-clothed youngster once more. Although they didn't know him before today's events, he had saved all their lives. Therefore, they hoped this young man could survive the deadly Heavenly Tribulation.

Besides that, it was great to know that there was a heavenly-defying genius on the human side. With this amazing expert, the demons were definitely going to suffer a heavy blow in the future.

"Where exactly did this genius come from? He is such an amazing warrior, so why have we never heard of him before?"

Shan Ying said, shocked.

"He saved all of us."

Wu Ningzhu said. For the first time, a soft and gentle look emerged in her eyes.

A couple of minutes later, the lightning sea had finally disappeared, revealing the youngster to the crowd. This youngster was no longer in his previous chaotic state; he was actually brimming with energy, looking much better than he previously did.

Good!

All humans in the Dancing Sun City burst into cheers upon seeing this. Even Wu Ningzhu had a smile on her face. Underneath her black veil, a spectacular smile bloomed onto her face. Her breathtaking face seemed capable of melting a glacier.

Wu Ningzhu and Shan Ying both started moving toward Jiang Chen. However, before they could say anything, Jiang Chen turned into a white beam and disappeared into the far distance. He left in a graceful manner.

Ugh...

Wu Ningzhu and Shan Ying were startled. They didn't expect this young man to act in such an eccentric way. After doing such a great thing for the people here, he didn't give them any chance to show their gratitude. He simply turned around and left in a graceful manner.

"What an amazing young man."

Shan Ying couldn't help but praise. He wasn't too surprised by the sudden departure of this youngster. If the young man truly wished to show himself, he wouldn't have covered his face with that golden light. He obviously didn't wish for anyone to know his real identity.

"What a pity, we've missed a great opportunity to build a relationship with this man. It would be great if he could join the Profound River Palace."

Shan Ying shook his head.

On the other side, Wu Ningzhu was frowning. She couldn't help but complain about that young man. All men started drooling upon seeing her breathtaking appearance, and countless geniuses in the Profound River Palace were constantly seeking ways to get closer to her. However, when that white-clothed youngster saw her approaching, he simply turned around and left. What did this mean? Did it mean that she simply wasn't attractive enough?

"That damn scoundrel, how dare he ignore me?"

Underneath her black veil, Wu Ningzhu's cherry lips had curled up. Little to her knowledge, this white-clothed young man had already occupied a very special position in her heart. For the first time, Wu Ningzhu was interested in seeing a man's face. She really wanted to know what face was hidden underneath the golden light.

"Sigh... The hero has left, we didn't even have the chance to thank him."

"I wonder what his background is. He just left right after saving the city; he didn't even ask for anything in return."

"He is a true hero! His heroic image will star eternally in my heart!"

............

All the people in the city were overwhelmed by Jiang Chen's kindness. Some even kneeled down and kowtowed in the direction where Jiang Chen had disappeared with utmost sincerity.

Not long after Jiang Chen left, a few powerful men arrived at the city. None of these men were weaker than Shan Ying; they were all Late Combat Soul warriors from the Profound River Palace.

When Jiang Chen attracted Heavenly Tribulation and broke the defense mechanism that isolated the Dancing Sun City, the loud noise caused by the war was immediately heard by many. The Profound River Palace knew that today was the day where the Wu family was holding their ancestral worshipping ceremony. Therefore, when they found out there was a war here, they immediately sent their mighty warriors here.

The expressions of these few men changed upon seeing the miserable state of the city. They immediately went over to Wu Ningzhu and Shan Ying, then an old man who seemed to be the leader asked, "Ning'er, what's going on here?"

"Elder Liu, before all of you arrived, the Demon King Palace launched a surprise attack on this city. They completely sealed up the entire city so that no one on the outside could know what was going on inside. Four of the great guardians brought an army of demons here to slaughter all living humans."

Wu Ningzhu said.

"What?! Four great guardians?!"

An old man cried out in shock. His expression changed upon hearing that four of the eight great guardians came here. As the Demon King Palace's rivals, the eight great guardians of the Demon King Palace had been their enemies for a very long time. He deeply understood just how terrifying it was for four of these great guardians to show up.

"That's right. If not for that white-clothed youngster, this city would already have become a city of the dead."

Shan Ying added.

"White-clothed youngster?"

Elder Liu was startled.

"We don't know where this genius comes from. Before today's events, he had already annihilated the Demon Palace, and today, he even faced his Heavenly Tribulation in this city, and used that opportunity to kill three great guardians of the Demon King Palace."

Without hesitating, Shan Ying explained all that had happened in great detail, including how Jiang Chen had faced his Heavenly Tribulation, and how he had used that to kill three of the great guardians.

"I have never heard of anyone who has had to face Heavenly Tribulation when breaking through to the Combat Soul realm; such an incredible monster can only possibly be found in legends! How come the Profound River Palace isn't aware of this amazing young man in the Southern Continent? We need to find out more about this young man when we return to the Profound River Palace! The Demon King Palace has suffered greatly because of him; he has done us a great deed! If we can find him, we need to show him our gratitude! Even better would be recruiting him!"

Elder Liu said with mixed emotions. If it wasn't for the fact that Shan Ying and Wu Ningzhu were the ones who told him what happened, he never would have believed it.

"The Dancing Sun City has suffered great losses as well. It looks like we need some time to rebuild everything. Let's just cancel the ancestral worshipping ceremony."

Wu Ningzhu shook her head and said.

"Hmph! It looks like we're going to have difficult war with the Demon King Palace soon."

Shan Ying coldly harrumphed.

"The Demon King Palace has lost three great guardians this time; this is a huge loss for them. I don't think they will make any movements in the near future. However, we still need to prepare for the worst and prepare ourselves for war. Ning'er, you and Elder Shan Ying have been injured. You should go back and have a good rest."

Elder Liu expressed his deep concern for Wu Ningzhu. As the Profound River Palace's holy maiden, she was their future leader. That's why these old men were so concerned about her injuries.

"En."

Wu Ningzhu nodded her head. At the same time, she couldn't help but look towards the direction Jiang Chen had disappeared into.

Jiang Chen had arrived at a place about 500 km away from the Dancing Sun City. He was stepping on a white cloud, and was leisurely flying toward the Nangong family. Jiang Chen felt really satisfied with this trip to the Southern Continent, as he hadn't been here for long, but had already experienced such a great transformation in his cultivation.

With a flip of his palm, an azure-colored flame resembling a lotus immediately showed up on his fingertip. This flame was filled with a pure Yang aura, and one could hear the sound of thunder within, causing it to look incredibly mysterious.

"The purest Heavenly Thunder Flame underneath the heavens, it is the flame that belongs to Heaven and Earth, and it's a grade above the True Dragon Flame. I now possess both the True Dragon Flame and the Heavenly Thunder Flame. Once they've both merged, a new flame more powerful than any flame underneath the heavens will be born. There is nothing this flame can't burn, and it will be the greatest weapon against those evil things."

A faint smile emerged on Jiang Chen's face. He obtained the Heavenly Thunder Flame while facing his Heavenly Tribulation just now; this was his greatest gain. It would bring him unimaginable benefits in terms of battle, pill concoction, and forging of combat weapons.

"After passing the Minor Three Tribulations, I obtained an unprecedented transformation. I now have a total of 7,000 Dragon Marks in my body, and my cultivation has stabilized at the Early Combat Soul realm. However, in order to break through to the Mid Combat Soul realm, I'll need at least 10,000 Dragon Marks. That's a 3,000 Dragon Mark gap. It looks like I need to work harder. Luckily, my foundation is incredibly strong now, so I can just cultivate as fast as I can without having to worry about any negative side effects."

Jiang Chen thought to himself. Although he had gained the complete acceptance of the Dragon Transformation skill and was able to control this amazing skill completely, he would still need to break through to a new stage before he could know what the requirement for breaking through to the next stage would be.

For example, right after he broke through to the Early Combat Soul realm, he immediately knew how many Dragon Marks he would need in order to break through to the Mid Combat Soul realm. He would need a total of 10,000 Dragon Marks.

"Seven thousand Dragon Marks, and my body has also been tempered by the Heavenly Thunder. With my current combat strength, almost no one in the Combat Soul realm can defeat me. Only those real Combat King warriors can surpass me."

Jiang Chen was very confident. The further he cultivated the Dragon Transformation skill, the more abnormal he would become. He knew this from the beginning.

"My Heavenly Tribulation has attracted too much attention. Luckily, I hid my real identity. If not, it would be very hard for me to enjoy a quiet life."

Jiang Chen thought to himself. If he hadn't covered up his face in Dancing Sun City, the Profound River Palace would definitely do their best to seek him out. No had ever attracted Heavenly Tribulation when breaking through to the Combat Soul realm before, after all.

The reason why Jiang Chen hid his identity was because he didn't want to become high profile in the Southern Continent. He was just a traveler. Once he settled the Nangong family's matters, he would return to the Eastern Continent. Therefore, he didn't want to get involved in any other matters here, including the conflict between the Profound River Palace and the Demon King Palace. His only wish was to leave gracefully once everything was settled.

As for Wu Ningzhu, the prettiest girl in the Southern Continent, Jiang Chen also didn't want to have any connection with her. However, although he didn't want to have any connection to her, both of them would meet many times in the future. Of course, this would all happen at a later stage.

"Not much time is left now. I need to return to the Nangong family and see how Brother Nan has progressed."

Jiang Chen took a step in mid-air and disappeared from where he was. He was flying toward Nangong City with incredible speed.

Chapter 407 – Crown Prince

Jiang Chen stopped along his way to admire the beautiful scenery of the Southern Continent at times. When he finally arrived at the city, it had only been two days since he left.

There were still twelve days before the Nangong family's duel. After arriving, Jiang Chen went straight to the Nangong family. As Nangong Yunfan had personally arranged for Jiang Chen to be made a special guest, he was able to enter whenever he wanted, without anyone preventing him from advancing. Thus, he went straight to Nangong Wentian's courtyard.

As Jiang Chen expected, Nangong Wentian had yet to break through to the Combat Soul realm. In fact, it wasn't easy to break through to the Combat Soul realm. Not everybody was like Jiang Chen, who didn't have any bottlenecks in his cultivation path. The transformation from the Divine Core realm to the Combat Soul realm was one of the biggest gaps for all warriors.

However, Jiang Chen was confident in Nangong Wentian. As long as he could master the essence of how to cultivate the Ten Thousand Everlasting, he would have a very high chance of breaking through to the Combat Soul realm before the duel.

Late at night, the sky was studded with bright stars. The night sky was much prettier in the Southern Continent than in the Eastern Continent. It seemed like the moon was rounder and bigger here. Jiang Chen glanced toward the Eastern Continent. He wasn't homesick, just worried about the problems waiting for him back there.

Five days later! Eastern Continent, Martial Saint Dynasty, Crown Prince's Palace!

On this day, the commander of the Golden Guards, the Crown Prince had exited his secluded cultivation, and a guest greeted him.

"Wu Cong, why are you in such a rush to see me? Is there anything urgent?"

Within the Crown Prince Palace's main hall, the Crown Prince was wearing a golden robe. He had a tall body and a fair skin complexion, and his eyes looked like the brightest stars in the starry sky; he was a handsome man. Furthermore, with a Late Combat Soul cultivation at his young age, as well as the fact that he is the Crown Prince, the future emperor, he was a man that many girls dreamt about.

"Crown Prince's cultivation has become much stronger since when you entered secluded cultivation! It looks like you're getting closer to the Combat King realm; this is something we need to celebrate!"

Wu Cong hastily flattered while bowing toward the Crown Prince. Although they were cousins, there was a huge gap between their statuses. Wu Cong was just an ordinary prince, so he would have to bow whenever he saw the Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince responded with a smile. He clearly enjoyed the flattery, as he was confident in his cultivation and combat strength.

"You would never come here for no reason. I just finished my secluded cultivation, and you're here. There must be something you need my help with, tell me."

It seemed like the Crown Prince was in a good mood.

"Crown Prince, you were busy with your cultivation recently, so you might not know about this. An incredible man has appeared in the Eastern Continent during this genius, and people are calling him the number one genius of the Eastern Continent."

Wu Cong said as he squinted his eyes. He was closely keeping watch on the Crown Prince's expression. Indeed, right when the Crown Prince heard the words "number one genius," his expression immediately became serious.

"Number one genius? Tell me about this guy."

It looked like the Crown Prince was interested.

"His name is Jiang Chen, and he has done quite some major things recently. He has killed many geniuses and elders from both Shangguan Clan and Myriad Sword Sect. Also, during the trip to the Island of Ice, I was nearly killed by him as well. He is an arrogant man who looks down on everybody; he doesn't even take the Imperial Emperor seriously..."

Wu Cong started explaining everything related to Jiang Chen, including how he killed all those geniuses from the Myriad Sword Sect and Shangguan Clan, how both superpowers brought this matter to the Imperial Emperor, how Jiang Chen refused to kneel down before the Imperial Emperor, how he sealed the Dimensional Crack with a formation... of course, he spiced things up a lot as well.

The reason why Wu Cong came to the Crown Prince was obvious. With the protection of the Ninth Emperor, Jiang Chen just him himself within the Martial Palace. Because of that, they were unable to seek any conflicts with him. In the entire Martial Saint Dynasty, perhaps the Crown Prince was the only one who could take care of him. Furthermore, the Crown Prince had always claimed the title of number one genius for himself. Therefore, Wu Cong purposely told him about how amazing Jiang Chen was, in order to attract the Crown Prince's attention.

"Hmph! He's just an ignorant brat without any proper background! Who gave him the audacity to disrespect the Imperial Emperor?! He's just seeking death!"

The Crown Prince coldly harrumphed. In his mind, the status of the Imperial Emperor was supreme, and no one was allowed to insult the Imperial Emperor's dignity.

"That's right! That man is a lawless man who cares for nobody! The Shangguan Clan and Myriad Sword Sect both wish they eat him alive, torture him brutally before killing him. But, the Imperial Emperor has laid down is judgment, all their resentments have now been canceled. Now, Jiang Chen is just hiding in the Martial Palace, never leaving. We simply have no way of dealing with him."

Wu Cong sighed.

"Little Brother Cong, it looks like you're trying to make me deal with this Jiang Chen."

The Crown Prince was a smart man; there was no way Wu Cong could hide his intentions from him.

"You're a brilliant man, Crown Prince. However, I have no other way of doing it. Currently, within the entire Martial Saint Dynasty, only you, the Crown Prince can deal with him. Furthermore, if we allow this guy to keep growing, he will sooner or later become a great threat to the Crown Prince's status."

Wu Cong said.

"Hmph! He's just a Divine Core warrior, while I'm the Crown Prince, the imperial prerogative! There is no way that nobody can compare with me! However, since the Imperial Emperor has laid down his judgment, and the Martial Palace is a place controlled by the Ninth Emperor, it won't be good for me to get involved. Furthermore, with my status as the Crown Prince, if I take the initiative to seek out trouble with a young Divine Core warrior, it would be an insult to my status."

The Crown Prince coldly harrumphed as he spoke. Regardless of matters, he still had to give Wu Jiu some face. More importantly, the Crown Prince was a proud and arrogant man; he would never take Jiang Chen seriously.

"Of course, with Jiang Chen's status, how could the Crown Prince be serious with him? The reason I came here today wasn't to ask the Crown Prince to deal with Jiang Chen, but to tell you some good news."

Wu Cong said with a smile on his face, as if the Crown Prince's response was what he had expected.

"Oh? What good news you have?"

The Crown Prince looked at Wu Cong and asked.

"There is a girl who followed Jiang Chen here; her name is Yan Chenyu. She's an outstanding beauty; pure as a jade! She's like an immortal fairy walking on earth! Such an outstanding beauty, only the Crown Prince is a match for such a girl, that Jiang Chen is nothing!"

Wu Cong said while gnashing his teeth.

"Little brother, I think you're just overreacting. I have spent my life with many girls, and I have seen all kinds of beauties."

The Crown Prince laughed.

"It's up to you whether or not you believe me. In any case, I was overwhelmed by her beauty when I first met her. If the Crown Prince doesn't believe me, you can go to the Martial Palace and take a look yourself. After all, you won't be going there to make trouble. I don't think the Ninth Emperor will feel like his dignity is violated."

Wu Cong greatly understood the Crown Prince. Jiang Chen alone was not enough to attract his interest, but with Yan Chenyu, Wu Cong believed that she would definitely attract the Crown Prince's interest.

Indeed, after hearing what Wu Cong told him, the Crown Prince's eyes immediately lit up. He slowly stood up from his seat and said, "Let's go to the Martial Palace and have a look. If that Yan Chenyu is just an ordinary beauty, I'll have to punish you."

"Rest assured, Crown Prince, your little brother I can guarantee with my head, she is definitely a girl the Crown Prince will like!"

Wu Cong said with a wicked smile. The first step of his wicked plot had succeeded.

Both men immediately left the Crown Prince Palace and started flying toward the Martial Palace. With their speed, it wouldn't take much time for them to arrive at the Martial Palace.

Soon, both men arrived at the Martial Palace. With their status in the Martial Saint Dynasty, no one would stop them from going further. Therefore, they went straight into the Marital Palace.

"Where is that Jiang Chen? Since I'm here, I might as well meet him."

The Crown Prince said.

"There."

Wu Cong already knew where Jiang Chen and his friends were staying. Without hesitating, he brought the Crown Prince to their courtyard.

Right at this moment, Yan Chenyu and Big Yellow were resting within the courtyard while enjoying a sunbath. Han Yan wasn't here, as he was trying to break through to the Combat Soul realm in secluded cultivation. Only Yan Chenyu and Big Yellow were in the courtyard right now.

Suddenly, the lazy Big Yellow stood up from the ground. Two bright beams escaped from his eyes as he opened them to look at the two men who had suddenly appeared in their courtyard.

He didn't know who that handsome man in the imperial robe was, but Wu Cong who stood next to him was no stranger to him. Back on the Island of Ice, Wu Cong was the man who kept giving them trouble. Since that young man in the imperial robe came together with Wu Cong, he was obviously not someone good. This was Big Yellow's first impression of the Crown Prince.

When the Crown Prince landed inside the courtyard, he immediately saw Yan Chenyu. When his eyes landed on her face, he became unable to remove them.

Pure and holy as the white snow, donning white clothes like a fairy, portraying a holy aura from all over her body. No impurities or blemishes could be found on her spectacular face. How could such a magnificent girl exist in this world? In just this short moment, the Crown Prince had been completely conquered by Yan Chenyu's beauty. Although he claimed to have seen all kinds of beautiful girls in his life, he had never met such an amazing girl before.

"What a beautiful woman."

The Crown Prince couldn't help but praise.

The Crown Prince's gaze was very aggressive. His gaze caused Yan Chenyu to feel disgusted; she simply furrowed her brows.

Suddenly, a majestic big yellow dog inappropriately blocked in front of Yan Chenyu. He spat out his long tongue toward Wu Cong and the Crown Prince, saliva constantly dripping out. The magnificent scene was instantly interrupted, and it wasn't until now that the Crown Prince noticed that there was a dog right next to Yan Chenyu. He felt a strong desire to rip this dog to pieces.

"Who are you? What's your purpose here?"

Big Yellow asked in a rude manner.

"Ridiculous! Damned dog, do you know who you are talking to?! He is the Crown Prince!"

Wu Cong shouted out loudly.

"Can a Crown Prince intrude private property? You're at the Martial Palace now, if you have anything to tell us, tell us now! If not, get the hell outta here!"

Big Yellow impatiently scolded, not forgetting to wave his hooves, as if he was a human.

"You're courting death!"

Wu Cong was immediately pissed off. He had a really bad impression of this dog. Back on the Island of Ice, he strongly desired to tear off this damned dog's skin, as this dog had a really fierce mouth.

Right before Wu Cong took any action, he was stopped by the Crown Prince, "Be a gentleman, we're not here to fight."

The Crown Prince tidied up his clothes in an elegant demeanor. Of course, only he thought that his actions were elegant. However, in Yan Chenyu's eyes, the only man was Jiang Chen.

"Where is Jiang Chen? Get him out here; the Crown Prince wants to see him."

Wu Cong said with a loud voice. As Jiang Chen and Nangong Wentian had left the Martial Palace in secret to proceed to the Southern Continent, no one except his friends knew that he wasn't here.

Chapter 408 – The Duel

"Jiang Chen isn't around; you guys can leave now."

Big Yellow said in a rude manner. He disliked Prince Wu Cong. Back on the Island of Ice, if not for Wu Lang convincing Jiang Chen not to kill him, Wu Cong would already have been killed by Jiang Chen. As for this Crown Prince, since he was lustfully looking at Yan Chenyu, he obviously wasn't a good man either, causing Big Yellow to hate him as well.

"Bastard, you're just a dog, how dare you talk to me like that?! Is that Jiang Chen scared of us and hiding somewhere? Quickly ask him to come out and greet the Crown Prince, now!"

Wu Cong said while gnashing his teeth in anger. He strongly desired to rip this dog into pieces.

"Damn you, who do you think you are?! You're just a loser who was defeated by Jiang Chen! Back on the Island of Ice, if it wasn't for Wu Lang, you would have been killed by Jiang Chen! If Jiang Chen was here, he would throw you outta this place as if he was throwing a chicken away!"

Big Yellow truly had an abominable mouth. When faced with someone like Wu Cong, he wouldn't hold back in the slightest.

"You're courting death!"

Wu Cong was instantly enraged. This dog was truly fierce; no ordinary man could stand still after hearing him speaking, let alone the prince of the Martial Saint Dynasty. Without hesitating, Wu Cong stretched his arm forward, grabbing toward Big Yellow.

Bug Yellow simply remained still without moving a bit; it was actually the Crown Prince who moved. The Crown Prince casually unleashed a powerful energy, blocking Wu Cong's attack. After that, he scolded, "Wu Cong, we're not here to cause trouble, watch yourself!"

"Yes!"

Wu Cong quickly bowed toward the Crown Prince. However, a sneer secretly emerged on his face. He knew the Crown Prince's character really well. If they weren't here, this dog would have long ago been killed by the Crown Prince. However, the Crown Prince wanted to maintain an elegant demeanor in front of Yan Chenyu. He clearly had his eyes set on her; he wanted to leave a good impression.

As long as the Crown Prince took a fancy to Yan Chenyu, Wu Cong's evil plot would be considered successful.

In a refined and courteous manner, the Crown Prince turned to Yan Chenyu and said, "Someone told me that young miss is an outstand one of a kind beauty, and after witnessing it for myself, you are indeed a fairy walking on earth. I wonder, would young miss Yan do me a favor and be my guest at the Crown Prince Palace?"

The Crown Prince threw out his invitation in a straightaway manner. He had a warm smile on his face, and he portrayed an image of a gentleman. No woman would reject the invitation of a handsome man who possessed his status.

But unfortunately, Yan Chenyu was not that type of woman.

"Thank you for your invitation, Crown Prince. I do appreciate your kindness, but I won't go to the Crown Prince Palace."

Yan Chenyu immediately rejected the invitation. In her heart, aside from Jiang Chen, all other men were like dirt.

Ugh...

The smiling Crown Prince was suddenly startled. He had actually been rejected in such a straightforward manner. This was the first time in his life he had experienced anything like this.

However, a warm smile immediately emerged on the Crown Prince's face once again, "Since miss Yan doesn't want to go to the Crown Prince Palace, I will get someone to arrange a better place for you to cultivate in the Martial Palace. This place is too simple and crude."

"No need, I like this place."

After saying that, Yan Chenyu simply turned around and left. Her behavior instantly caused the Crown Prince's face to tremble. He had never experienced such cold treatment in his life; no woman had ever dared reject his invitation; Yan Chenyu was the first!

"Ridiculous..."

Wu Cong shouted at Yan Chenyu, but he was immediately stopped by the Crown Prince.

"Crown Prince, our Little Yu is betrothed to someone, so you better save your efforts."

Big Yellow said to the Crown Prince with an indifferent tone. This dog didn't care who he was speaking to, if he didn't like that person, even if he was facing the Imperial Emperor, he just wouldn't give a damn.

"No man except me is good enough for a girl like Miss Yan!"

The Crown Prince glanced coldly at Big Yellow. After that, he turned around and left with Wu Cong.

"Fuck, such an arrogant asshole!"

Big Yellow cursed toward both men's back.

The Crown Prince had a gloomy expression on his face as he left. This was the first time in his entire life that he had tasted defeat.

"Crown Prince; that Yan Chenyu doesn't take you seriously. I think you should let her have a taste of your strength! We can just bring her to the Crown Prince Palace by force; then you can treat her however you want!"

Wu Cong kept fanning the flames from the side.

"Hmph! The woman that I, the Crown Prince desire, will always be mine! Who is that Jiang Chen anyway? A girl with outstanding beauty like Yan Chenyu should only be mine! How dare she reject me like this? When I finally get her on my bed, I'll definitely let her taste my strength!"

The Crown Prince coldly harrumphed.

"What's your plan, Crown Prince?"

An astute glow emerged within Wu Cong's eyes.

"No hurry, we can't use force on a girl like this, let's take it slow, I have plenty of time. With my charisma, I refuse to believe I can't win her heart."

The Crown Prince smiled, portraying utmost confidence.

"Of course, you're a handsome and strong man, and you're a Late Combat Soul warrior at such a young age! You're the Crown Prince of the Martial Saint Dynasty, the next Imperial Emperor, and you are the commander of all Golden Guards! All women underneath the heavens dream about jumping into your embrace, and that Yan Chenyu is no exception!"

Wu Cong flattered the Crown Prince once again. He was really happy right now. Judging from how the Crown Prince was behaving, it was obvious that the Crown Prince was now determined to put his hands on Yan Chenyu, and this was exactly the result Wu Cong wanted to see. Using the Crown Prince as the trigger, there would definitely be a great conflict between him and Jiang Chen soon.

............

Southern Continent, Nangong family!

During the past few days, Jiang Chen had been accompanying Nangong Wentian in his secluded cultivation. While Nangong Wentian was breaking through to the Combat Soul realm, Jiang Chen had been working on stabilizing his cultivation. He had obtained quite a lot of benefits after the Minor Three Tribulations. Therefore, he needed some time to digest all of them.

"The duel will be in seven days. Judging from Brother Nan's aura, I think he'll make it."

Jiang Chen could clearly sense the constant changes in Nangong Wentian's aura; it was becoming increasingly more profound. This was a good transformation for Nangong Wentian, good news.

Besides that, Jiang Chen was greatly interested in the Nangong family's secret treasure, the one that could produce Nine Solar Holy Water. However, since he was just a guest, he had no way of checking this treasure out. Therefore, he had to wait until after the duels to try and find an opportunity to get in touch with it.

The time flashed by, and seven days had passed. The Crown Prince would go to the Martial Palace every single day to look for Yan Chenyu and try his best to invite her to his Crown Prince Palace. However, his invitations had all been rejected by her.

Although the Crown Prince was still able to show an elegant demeanor, his patience had clearly started showing signs off running out.

At the same time, the Nangong family's most important day had finally arrived. Early in the morning, the entire Nangong family had become lively. Right in the city's center square, Nangong Yunzheng and his men had arrived, and were waiting for the duels to begin.

A lofty man stood next to Nangong Yunzheng. Although he looked really young, his aura was incredibly strong; he was a mighty Combat Soul warrior. His was showing a prideful yet arrogant expression. This man was none other than Nangong Yunzheng's son, Nangong Wentian's opponent; Nangong Wenyen!

Behind them were a group of men from Nangong Yunzheng's group. There were also some guest warriors mixed in with them. Each of these guests had a specific position and status.

Opposite of them was the group from the original Nangong family. The men who led them was the current family chief, Nangong Yunfan, as well as Elder Tu Yi and all the Combat Soul warriors of the Nangong family. However, some of them still had pale expressions on their faces, as Nangong Wentian was still in secluded cultivation, trying his best to break through to the Combat Soul realm. He had yet to exit his secluded cultivation.

"Nangong Yunfan, let's not waste any more time and start our duel! I heard that Nangong Wentian has come back, get him out now and fight the first duel with Wenyen! We'll decide who the winner today is with three duels; the winner will gain ownership of that treasure!"

Nangong Yunzheng said. He had prepared well for today's duel, so he was naturally very confident.

"Nangong Yunzheng; the Nangong family's traitor!"

Tu Yi became really angry with seeing Nangong Yunzheng.

"Elder Tu, save your breath. If you want, you can still join me now. I primes that you will have the same position in the Nangong family in the future."

Nangong Yunzheng said.

"Bullshit! You ungrateful son!"

Tu Yi simply responded with a curse.

"Hmph! Let's fight then!"

Nangong Wenyen coldly harrumphed. His body moved, and he jumped straight onto the tall fighting stage. After that, he shouted out with a loud voice, "Nangong Wentian, come here and face your death! Don't be a coward!"

This loud shout instantly resounded throughout the entire Nangong family area. However, there was no response.

Right now, Nangong Wentian was still in his secluded cultivation. Jiang Chen who stood outside his room could clearly feel his aura. Nangong Wentian's aura had changed significantly, and in fact, he had already broken through to the Combat Soul realm. The reason why he was still in cultivation was because he gained some new insights regarding the Ten Thousand Everlasting Elephants skill, and he was at a critical moment of his cultivation of the skill.

Within the Nangong family's center square, Nangong Wenyen stood tall all alone on the fighting stage, ridiculing his opponent. And yet, the young master of the Nangong family, Nangong Wentian was nowhere to be found. This situation embarrassed a lot of people form the original Nangong family.

"Haha, looks like Nangong Wentian is just a coward who is afraid of death! How can a man like him be the young master of the Nangong family? I think it would be better if he just came out and surrendered, it's truly pointless to keep hiding from us!"

One of the guest warriors from Nangong Yunzheng's camp burst into laughter and began throwing out sarcastic words.

"That's right; this is too embarrassing!"

"Nangong Wentian, come out and face your death!"

"Why don't you just come out and surrender?!"

............

Nangong Yunzheng's group was bustling with noise. The absence of Nangong Wentian made the people from Nangong Yunfan's group feel extremely embarrassed. This was even worse than just admitting defeat.

"What happened to Wentian? This isn't his style at all. Even if he didn't manage to break through to the Combat Soul realm, he would still come out and fight because of his temper."

Tu Yi said as he furrowed his brows.

"Hmph! Nangong Yunfan, it's meaningless to keep wasting time like this. I'll give you five more minutes, and if Nangong Wentian still doesn't show up, I'll consider this first duel's victor Wenyen!"

Nangong Yunzheng let out a cold snort and spoke.

Boom!

Right after Nangong Yunzheng finished speaking, an explosive sound could be heard from the southern side of the Nangong family. Violent airwaves shot up into the sky, and with that, a young man with a tall and robust body appeared.

"Who said that I, Nangong Wentian doesn't dare fight this duel?!"

Nangong Wentian's voice was so loud that it resembled a sudden clap of thunder. With a flash, he appeared on the fighting stage.

Chapter 409 – Ten Thousand Everlasting Elephants

When Nangong Wentian made his appearance, a young white-clothed man could be seen following. However, since everyone was looking at Nangong Wentian now, no one really paid any attention to this white-clothed youngster.

Nangong Wentian had arrived at the last moment in a mighty manner. His arrival attracted the attention of everyone present. Right now, Nangong Wentian's energy was extremely strong, and cracking like sounds could be heard from his body. He was incredibly powerful now, as he had gone through a thorough transformation from his very roots. His aura was in no way inferior to Nangong Wenyen's.

"Wentian has broken through to the Combat Soul realm? Good, perfect!"

Nangong Yunfan was surprised. His entire body was even trembling because of the immense excitement he felt.

"Haha, good job Wentian! We can win this duel!"

Tu Yi was laughed out loudly. He was incredibly happy that Nangong Wentian had finally broken through to the Combat Soul realm at this last moment. This truly allowed the people of the Nangong family to see a ray of hope regarding today's duel.

"So young master was in the middle of breaking through to the Combat Soul realm just now, that's why he didn't show up! I thought he was afraid of this duel!"

"Damn you! Young master isn't afraid of anything, how could he be a coward? Since he has now broken through to the Combat Soul realm, I'm sure he'll beat Nangong Wenyen's head into that of a pig!"

"It's hard to tell. Both of them have similar talent, and Nangong Wenyen broke through to the Combat Soul realm some time ago, whereas young master just had his breakthrough. Young master isn't in an advantageous position."

"We still have hope. The situation is after all much better than when he was only a Divine Core warrior. Let's just sit back and watch how things go, the duel between two elite geniuses of the younger generation will definitely be exciting!"

............

All the people of the Nangong family were talking amongst themselves, talking about who was the stronger one. In any case, after Nangong Wentian broke through to the Combat Soul realm, this duel was finally fair. If he came here as a Divine Core warrior, he would definitely have died today.

"That little bastard really broke through to the Combat Soul realm."

Nangong Yunzheng's face turned pale. He thought Nangong Wentian would appear on the stage a Divine Core warrior, he never expected him to break through to the Combat Soul realm in such a short amount of time. And, it seemed he had now become strong enough to fight an equal match with his son.

"Don't worry, this guy obviously just broke through to the Combat Soul realm. Compared to young master Wenyen, he is still far behind. I don't think he'll be a match for young master Wenyen."

One of the guest warriors standing next to Nangong Yunzheng said.

"Alright, let the duel begin!"

Nangong Yunfan shouted out, signaling the beginning of today's first duel; the first of three. This first duel, the duel between the two geniuses of the younger generation was the key to both parties' victory.

On top of the fighting stage, Nangong Wentian and Nangong Wenyen were standing opposite to each other, glaring fiercely at each other.

"Wentian, if I was you, I'd just admit defeat right away and let your father give up the family chief position. With that, you can still keep your life. Let me tell you, today's duel is a life and death match, and I won't be showing you any mercy when I fight! Even now that you've broken through to the Combat Soul realm, you're still not my match!"

Nangong Wenyen said. He was really confident in his own strength.

"I really don't know where your confidence comes from. Nangong Wenyen, you and I have been fighting each other since we were small. Today, let's put an end to this!"

Nangong Wentian portrayed great confidence. He too did not take Nangong Wenyen seriously.

"Hmph! Wentian, you're just wasting your time! You've never been a match for me in any aspects ever since we were young, and your talent is inferior to mine. So, how are you going to fight me? Your young master position should be mine, it was just grandfather being partial and treating you better! Since you and your father refuse to realize this mistake, I'll just kill you today and take what belongs to me!"

Nangong Wenyen coldly harrumphed. Powerful energy burst out from his body and swept across the entire fighting stage. The energy turned into a powerful wind and blew toward Nangong Wentian.

Hmph!

Nangong Wentian responded with a cold harrumph as well. He unleashed his energy as well, sending a tsunami-like wave of energy toward his opponent.

Boom!

The two tsunami-like energies collided and produced a loud explosive sound, and an energy whirlpool was created right in the center of the collision. When the shockwaves from the collision swept across the crowds, it made all the weaker people breathe heavily. Luckily, a defense mechanism had been constructed on the fighting stage by some mighty warriors. If not, this first attack alone would simply have destroyed the entire fighting stage.

Underneath the fighting stage, everyone were watching the fight nervously. Jiang Chen squinted his eyes as he watched both fighters carefully. He was easily able to find out about the gap between these two men with his senses.

"Both men are of similar strength, and it isn't easy for one to defeat the other. However, Brother Nan's Ten Thousand Everlasting Elephants skill is far stronger than what it seems from the outside, giving him incredible combat strength. Therefore, Brother Nan has the higher chance of winning this duel. He will win for sure."

Jiang Chen thought to himself. He believed that Nangong Wentian would win this first match. With that, the Nangong family would have their first victory, and as a long as they won the second duel, they could just skip the third match.

"Thousand Ripples Stone Toss!"

Nangong Wenyen suddenly cried out and flew into the sky; forcefully throwing a punch at Nangong Wentian. This punch carried a strong energy which formed into an energy whirlpool. Within a split second, a gigantic fist emerged from the center of this energy whirlpool, sending powerful energy ripples that looked like sprays of seawater splashing around all over the place. It was both incredibly lethal and destructive.

The frightening attack quickly approached Nangong Wentian's face.

"Barbarian Elephant Stomping the Heavens!"

Nangong Wentian shouted out loudly as well. Then, he jumped into the sky. After that, an illusionary image of a barbarian elephant appeared outside his body. It was a gigantic golden barbarian elephant, and it had completely overlapped and merged with Nangong Wentian; giving people an impression that Nangong Wentian was now the barbarian elephant.

Bam!

The barbarian elephant unleashed by Nangong Wentian raised its huge feet and immediately stepped onto the illusionary gigantic fist. With a loud explosive sound, the fist was instantly shattered, and the energy ripples shooting out from the energy whirlpool disappeared as well. But now, the illusionary image of the barbarian elephant had started fading.

"Good!"

Tu Yi couldn't help but shout. Nangong Wentian's formidable behavior had exceeded his expectations; it looked like he had a really high chance of winning.

"Mountain Clasp!"

After the first attack failed, Nangong Wenyen immediately unleashed his second attack. He started drawing something in front of him with both hands, then he unleashed golden energies which turned into a 30 meter tall golden mountain. It was a mountain formed entirely from energy, and it carried the weight of a real mountain. This was an attack that relied on raw strength, and it wasn't an attack that anybody could withstand.

Bang!

The golden mountain produced a loud explosive sound as it was thrown by Nangong Wenyen toward Nangong Wentian.

"Ten Thousand Everlasting Elephants!"

Nangong Wentian showed no signs of being scared. Once again, he transformed into a barbarian elephants. An illusionary image of a barbarian elephant appeared outside of his body, and it was just as big as the golden mountain. The elephant then charged violently toward the golden mountain.

It wasn't difficult to tell that Nangong Wentian had mastered the essence of the Ten Thousand Everlasting Elephants skill, as any attack he unleashed possessed formidable strength.

Bang!

This was a collision of pure strength. Frightening energy ripples swept across the scene, causing even the air to tremble violently. Nangong Wentian and Nangong Wenyen slammed into each other with their attacks dozens of times, but neither was able to defeat the other.

"So strong! Both men are only Early Combat Soul warriors, especially Wentian who just broke through to the Combat Soul realm! And yet, he actually has the combat strength of a Mid Combat Soul warrior. Perhaps even I wouldn't be able to defeat him now."

A Mid Combat Soul Elder who stood next to Tu Yi couldn't help but say. Although Nangong Wentian and Nangong Wenyen were only Early Combat Soul warriors, they both possessed the combat strength of someone at the Mid Combat Soul realm, more than enough for either of them to fight this Mid Combat Soul Elder.

They were geniuses with extraordinary talents and abilities.

"Enough playing around! Ancient Savaged Elephant!"

Nangong Wentian roared out, causing his energy to surge once again. This time, an Ancient Barbarian Elephant appeared on his back. With a pressure coming from the barbarian beast, he simply charged toward Nangong Wenyen and launched his attack.

"What?!"

Nangong Wenyen cried out in shock, a look of disbelief visible in both eyes. He never thought that Nangong Wentian still had such an amazing ability up his sleeves. It increased his combat strength once again and put a huge pressure on Nangong Wenyen.

"Defend!"

Nangong Wenyen hurriedly countered with his last resort, unleashing a huge amount of energy beams toward Nangong Wentian. However, when faced with this mighty Ancient Barbarian Elephant, these attacks were useless.

Crack!

The energy beams were instantly destroyed by the Ancient Barbarian Elephant, and Nangong Wenyen was knocked dozens of meters away away, spitting out blood along his way.

The Ancient Barbarian Elephant roared out and went back into Nangong Wentian's body. Although he had injured Nangong Wenyen and obtained unexpected results, unleashing the image of the Ancient Barbaric Elephant consumed a huge amount of Nangong Wentian's energy. He now had less energy than Nangong Wenyen, but his current condition was much better than the injured Nangong Wenyen.

"What?!"

Seeing this, Nangong Yunzheng cried out in shock and nearly jumped. All the men standing behind him had ugly expressions on their faces. No one had ever thought that this Nangong Wentian who had just broken through to the Combat Soul realm could really defeat Nangong Wenyen; this had completely disrupted their original plan.

"Haha, good!"

Compared to Nangong Yunzheng, although Nangong Yunfan was shocked by what just happened as well, his shock was mixed in with pleasant surprise. His son was going to win the first duel, and as today's matches would decide the future of the Nangong family, if Nangong Wentian could really defeat Nangong Wenyen, not only would that increase their chance of final victory, more importantly, Nangong Wentian had used his own strength to defend his position as the young master. He used his formidable strength to tell everyone that he; Nangong Wentian was more capable than anyone else to hold the position of young master.

"Wentian is really amazing! It looks like Nangong Wenyen is going to lose this match."

A bright smile bloomed onto Tu Yi's face.

Chapter 410 – Spare Your Pathetic Life

Nangong Wentian's formidable combat strength made everyone from the main Nangong family feel happy and excited. Although the fight still wasn't over, judging from the current situation, Nangong Wenyen was no longer in a good condition, and as he wasn't able to defend himself from Nangong Wentian's attack even when he was at top shape, it would be much harder now that he was injured.

"Nangong Wenyen, didn't you say you've been superior to me in all aspects since we were small? What about now?"

Nangong Wentian spoke with the same tone Nangong Wenyen used to speak to him just now. At the same time, there was a mocking expression on his face.

"Hmph! Do you really think you've won? This is a death match, and you have to kill me in order to win! You really think you can defeat me just from being in an advantageous position? You're too naïve!"

Nangong Wenyen coldly harrumphed. With a flip of his palm, he retrieved a golden pill and swallowed it. After that, his energy rose up to his peak, and within the blink of an eye, he had returned to his top shape.

"Hmph! If I can defeat you once, I can do it a second time as well!"

Nangong Wentian coldly harrumphed, then immediately struck out with his fist. The punch created tremendous energy waves that carried the mightiness of a Barbarian Elephant. A golden beam approached Nangong Wenyen's face in the blink of an eye.

Clang!

Nangong Wenyen's black hair was fluttering in the strong wind. His arm flashed, and a silver spear made from unknown materials suddenly appeared. It was a terrifying weapon; its body was fully covered with mystical patterns, and it had a razor sharp tip that looked to have been made from black ice. It was constantly emitting a cold shine, causing those who looked at it to feel slightly afraid.

Buzz!

A buzzing sound could be heard from this silver spear. The air surrounding the spear was trembling violently, and huge energy ripples could be seen around it. At the same time, Nangong Wenyen launched his attack. With the pike in his hand, he charged forward with incredible speed, causing the powerful spear to collide with the energy beam unleashed by Nangong Wentian.

Bang!

Nangong Wenyen was back at top shape, allowing him to once more possess formidable combat strength. That, combined with the help of the terrifying spear in his hand, his combat strength was higher than when the fight started, it had gone up to an amazing level. With just a single strike, he shattered Nangong Wentian's attack. After destroying Nangong Wentian's attack, the silver spear didn't slow down, it continued piercing toward Nangong Wentian like a poisonous snake.

Although Nangong Wenyen was fast, Nangong Wentian was even faster. After mastering the essence of the Ten Thousand Everlasting Elephants skill, he had experienced a transformation from his very roots. Following a bright blink of light, the Myriad Star Ruler instantly appeared in his hand. This weapon was something he had gotten when he found the Ten Thousand Everlasting Elephants skill, and he had later forged it into his Natal Weapon.

Not only was this gigantic ruler a powerful weapon, it could also absorb energy from the stars. Nangong Wentian would nearly every night use the energy of the stars to temper his Combat Weapon, as well as his strength, providing himself with a great benefit.

Swoosh!

Nangong Wentian raised the gigantic ruler high up into the air and forcefully swung it forward, unleashing a huge energy beam that looked like a gigantic blue dragon made entirely from stars. In the blink of an eye, it had absorbed all the natural Yuan energy in the surrounding area.

Boom!

The energy beam unleashed by the Myriad Star Ruler instantly collided with the silver spear, producing a loud explosive sound that rang out in everyone's mind. The energy ripples produced by the collision turned into a gigantic, deadly energy tornado. If anyone were careless enough to get pulled into this tornado; that person would immediately be torn apart and die miserably.

Tap, tap, tap!

The collision caused Nangong Wenyen to take a few steps back before he could finally stabilize his body. His aura was shaking, and his arms were trembling.

"Impossible, he just broke through to the Combat Soul realm, why does he have such powerful combat strength, even stronger than mine?!"

Nangong Wenyen was terrified this time. In his mind, he had always looked down on Nangong Wentian, and had never taken this cousin of his seriously. He was more than 100 percent confident that he would defeat Nangong Wentian in this duel. However, he had now been defeated by his cousin twice; this was a reality he could never accept.

"Nangong Wenyen, take this attack next!"

Nangong Wentian's hair was violently fluttering in the strong wind, and his appearance seemed very imposing, as if he had turned into an ancient barbaric beast from the ancient era. He was portraying a wild image from all over. In an instant, the Myriad Star Ruler in his hand transformed into a gigantic ruler dozens of meters long. Then, he simply swung it through the sky toward Nangong Wenyen's head.

"I refuse to believe that you can defeat me!"

Nangong Wenyen furiously gnashed his teeth, then gripped his silver spear tightly and dashed forward, heading toward the gigantic ruler that was approaching him.

Seeing this, Jiang Chen who stood in the crowd couldn't help but shake his head. At the same time, a faint smile appeared on his face. Nangong Wenyen's mind had been disturbed by the two losses; which affected his combat strength. Therefore, there was no way he could prevail over Nangong Wentian who had such great momentum right now. The result of this duel was now obvious; Nangong Wenyen would soon taste defeat.

Bam!

The Myriad Star Ruler came rushing down from the sky with tremendous force. The silver spear had no way of fighting against it, so once again, Nangong Wenyen was hit and forced to cough out a mouthful of blood. The silver spear was nearly knocked out from his grip, and he was instantly thrown onto the ground.

Haha...

Nangong Wentian started laughing out loudly. However, he didn't stop attacking. His attacks rained down on Nangong Wenyen like a raging storm.

Bam!

Nangong Wenyen was finally unable to defend himself from the final strike. The silver spear in his hand was knocked out and taken away by Nangong Wentian. His body was now filled with wounds, and blood was pouring out of these wounds nonstop.

"What?!"

Nangong Yunzheng cried out in shock. He couldn't believe his own eyes; this was a scene that wouldn't appear even in his wildest dreams! Or put it this way, he had expected this result, but the characters had changed. He expected Nangong Wentian to be the one who got beaten, not his son.

"How can this be possible, young master Wenyen was defeated?"

All the guest warriors from Nangong Yunzheng's side were also shocked by the outcome. This differed completely from their original plan.

"Haha, good, perfect!"

Nangong Yunfan burst into laughter. Right at this moment, only those few positive words were capable of describing how happy he was. Nangong Wentian had won the first match! Not only did that mean they had a chance of winning today's competition, it also meant that his strong was the strongest of the Nangong family's younger generation; the best candidate for the young master position.

"Young master is really formidable; he actually possess such incredible combat strength even though he just broke through to the Combat Soul realm! If I didn't witness this with my own eyes; I wouldn't have believed it!"

"Do you guys see that? This is what I call a true peerless genius! An amazing existence like our young master cannot be judged using ordinary logic! Even though he just broke through to the Combat Soul realm, he is not someone Nangong Wenyen can compare with!"

"Just keep watching, this is a deathmatch! I wonder, will Nangong Wenyen be killed or not? Nangong Wenyen is Nangong Yunzheng's only son, and if he dies, perhaps Nangong Yunzheng will immediately go crazy."

............

The crowd became restless. No one had expected this outcome; nobody had thought that Nangong Wentian would win this match. They even though he was a coward as he was a bit late to the duel. However, he had ended up winning the match, and Nangong Wenyen whom almost everyone thought would win was now lying on the ground like a dead dog.

Tap!

Nangong Wentian landed back onto the fighting stage. With one hand holding the gigantic ruler and the other hand holding the silver spear, he walked step by step toward Nangong Wenyen. Finally, he pressed the razor sharp tip of the silver spear against Nangong Wenyen's forehead.

Haa!

Right at this moment, everyone gasped as they looked at what was about to happen. All expressions changed as Nangong Wentian placed the tip of the silver spear on Nangong Wenyen's forehead. Today's match was a deathmatch, and if Nangong Wentian really killed Nangong Wenyen, it wouldn't be considered breaking the rules.

"Stop!"

Nangong Yunzheng suddenly shouted out. His body then flashed toward the fighting stage. Although he was fast, the family chief Nangong Yunfan had moved as well, and blocked Nangong Yunzheng's path.

"Elder brother, what are you trying to do?"

A sneer emerged onto Nangong Yunfan's face.

"Yunfan, Wenyen has lost this match, he doesn't have to die!"

Nangong Yunzheng loudly said.

"This is a deathmatch! You know the rules; even I am unable to interfere with what is happening on the fighting stage! Whether or not Nangong Wenyen dies, it's all up to Wentian, and no one can stop him; including you!"

Nangong Yunfan blocked Nangong Yunzheng's path with his tall and muscular body. It was clearly impossible for Nangong Yunzheng to get over there and save his son.

Furthermore, he had personally agreed to this rule. If he appeared on the fighting stage now, it would be no different from breaking his own rules, and how could a man like that obtain the trust of his people? If he truly became the family chief in the future, no one would have faith in him.

Crack...

Nangong Yunzheng clenched his fist so tightly that cracking sounds could be heard. However, there was nothing he could do except stare angrily at the fighting stage.

Right at this moment, everyone were looking at the fighting stage, focusing on the silver spear pressing against Nangong Wenyen's forehead. Right now, Nangong Wenyen's life was in Nangong Wentian's hands, and he was at the brink of death.

"No, I refuse to give in!"

Nangong Wenyen struggled to climb up from the ground. However, he was like an arrow at the end of its flight, and he didn't even have the strength to stand up. Therefore, he was now like a limb waiting to be slaughtered by Nangong Wentian.

"Nangong Wenyen, although this is a deathmatch, and you deserve death for what you and your father have done, you are after all part of the Nangong family. I, Nangong Wentian will never kill those of my own blood! Therefore, I will spare your pathetic life today! In the future, stay out of my sight. Now, get the hell outta here!"

After Nangong Wentian finished speaking, he simply delivered a powerful kick to Nangong Wenyen, throwing him off the fighting stage and causing him to spit out another mouthful of blood. Half of this blood came out because of the powerful kick, while the other half came out because of his anger. This was an insult, an unbearable insult! From now on, he could never hold his head up high again!

"Wenyen!"

Nangong Yunzheng ran forward and caught Nangong Wenyen in his arms, then immediately gave him a pill. Although his son had been defeated, his life was at least safe now.

Above the fighting stage, Nangong Wentian stored the Myriad Star Ruler and the silver spear in his storage ring, then he returned to the main Nangong family group. Of course, he wasn't going to return the silver spear to Nangong Wenyen. He didn't kill this cousin, therefore, this silver spear should be his reward for defeating him.

"Young man, you've done a good job! I'm proud of you!"

Nangong Yunfan forcefully patted his son's shoulder, his face covered in pride. Not only was he praising Nangong Wentian for having defeated Nangong Wenyen with his formidable strength, he was also feeling proud about Nangong Wentian's final decision. Nangong Wenyen was after all a part of the Nangong family, and if Nangong Wentian really killed him in front of everybody, it would be nothing but a huge negative impact to Nangong Wentian's image.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 3.8K 38
˚✧ Protagonist˚✧ Gemini Kleverron "ជេមមីណាយ ឃ្លេវវើរ៉នន៍" ♡ Fourth Sydenzverd "ហ្វូត សាយឌេនវើត" /////// •Hate to love💅🏻?????
32.3K 728 22
Naruto Uzumaki is the eldest of four siblings, born into the Uzumaki family, renowned for their strong chakra and their special connection to the Nin...
155K 6.8K 30
!Adult/Possessive and Asshole!
17.5K 450 13
Azra, jeune femme d'une vingtaine d'années forcée d'épouser un homme qu'elle ne connait absolument pas. À cause de son frère aînée ; Tarik. Azra viv...