Living with 17 Players

By Surfer_Swimmer

All Janetta Robinson wanted to do was play Football and be happy. That all changes when she must move to Col... More

Meet the Families
Chapter 1: An Accident
Chapter 2: Moving On
Chapter 3: Meeting Everyone
Chapter 4: Dinner with a Side of Halo
Chapter 5: Yes, Girls Actually Run
Chapter 6: Drills for Days
Chapter 8: Just Dance
Chapter 9: Dylan the Hulk
Chapter 10: Shadow Racing
Chapter 11: Taco Shells and Emails
Chapter 12: Prayin' to Yesus
Chapter 13: Picnic and Quads
Chapter 14: Pancakes and Hawks
Chapter 15: Practice with a Foreign Language
Chapter 16: Facetime with the Grandparents
Chapter 17: Tryouts
Chapter 18: Movie Night
Chapter 19: Back to School Shopping
Chapter 20: Suprise!
Chapter 21: A Miracle In 3 Quarters
Chapter 22: Walking with The Gods
Chapter 23: Lakeland Loss
Chapter 24: Shark Week has Began
Chapter 25: His Story in History
Chapter 26: Almost Perfect

Chapter 7: What's for Dinner?

6.6K 228 19
By Surfer_Swimmer

Mason's POV

After Chris speeding a little bit making it home just before 7:00 mom had called saying they weren't going to be able to come home until tomorrow because of weather. After the call had ended, I ran upstairs and made a beeline for the shower grabbing a pair of grey sweats and boxers from my room first. I slipped into the bathroom just before Xavier and locked the door while Xavier pounded the door in frustration.

Haha sucker. 

I turned on the shower and pulled off my nasty sweaty clothes throwing them in the hamper before hopping into the cool shower and cleaning (with soap) every nook and cranny than shampooing my hair making me smell like pine woods and mint.

I shut off the water completely rinsing off the soap suds and drying off hopping out of the shower before pulling on my red and black plaid boxers on. I slipped on my grey sweat pants and pulled on a white t shirt. I dried my brown hair leaving it in a messy style. I folded up my towel than walked out of the bathroom just before Hunter got in.

See the only problem with this house is it has a lot of rooms, just not enough bathrooms. I walk into my room and grab my iPhone, that was laying on my desk, slipping it into my pocket before I head back downstairs to see Janetta in the kitchen making something that smells delicious.

"What'cha doin'?" I ask opening up the fridge grabbing a can of soda.

"Making taco salads." Janetta replies pouring taco seasoning into the hot frying pan full of ground beef. Than opening up the fridge getting out lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, onions and tortillas.

"That sounds delicious! Can I help?" I say and opening up the cheese ziplock container.

"Sure, can you shred that cheese." Janetta says pointing to the cheese container. I reach under the counter and pull out our kitchen aid mixer than grab the shredder attachable piece and securing it too the mixer. I place the cheese in the shredder and grab a glass bowl for the shredded cheese placing it underneath the shredder. I switch it on and the cheese is now falling into the bowl making a small mess on the granite counter. Janetta looks at me than the mess than back at me before shaking her head and getting back to dicing the tomato.

"Ok, done!" I say proud of my work and puffing my chest for extra measure.

"I can see that. Now put them in the fridge and can you please put the tortillas in the molds putting them in the oven at 150." She says and pointing to the box on the edge of the counter than the oven.

"Sure." I put the bowl of cheese in the fridge and than open the box full of tortilla molds stuffing the tortilla in the molds than sliding 20 of them in the oven setting it at 150 like Janetta asked. I stood back up and looked at Janetta for my next set of commands. She continued slurping up all the grease with the meat baster and squirting it into a separate plastic bowl. After she finished she chopped up the onions and cut the lettuce making her way around the kitchen checking things, cleaning knives, clearing off cutting boards full of ingredients into glass bowls. She finally stopped and looked at me with a smile.

Damn that smile.

"Yeah, next, could you set the table, the plates ar-"

"I know where the plates are Janetta, I've lived here all my life." I focus again and cut in and spun around grabbing 16 plates and setting them gracefully on their appropriate place mat.

"Well, no need for sass." She replied and pulled out the tortilla molds with the now crispy tortillas molded like a bowl.

"But it's my sass." I say with a wink

"Well then, I'm gonna kick you in the ass." She replies just as cocky.

"I'd be okay with that." I say and shoot her another wink

"Well, -um... Ok." Janetta exasperatedly stutters and I see a small blush rise to her checks. I smile because her blush is just so damn cute. I know I made her blush which is even better. I snap out of it and walk over to the oven and help Janetta pull out all 20 molds, flip them over and placing more soft tortillas back in the molds. We stand back up and look satisfied with our work and kitchen and I look over to Janetta. Her brown pulled up in a messy bun, her deep dark blue eyes staring back at me, her soft pink lips pulling into a crooked smile. I smile back and notice how the PINK blue sweatshirt falls loosely off her golden tan shoulder showing two black straps. Janetta is wearing a pair of black soccer sweatpants that hang off her hips giving her a very casual but comfortable look.

She looks good. As always.

"So, now you're checking ME out." Janetta says and smirks going over to the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. With that, I'm pulled back into reality and shake my head slightly blushing.

She caught me. Again.

"What.....No,....Who would ever want to check you out." I say back hiding my blushing by scratching the back of my head.

"But the amount of pink on your checks. I would say you." She says pointing a finger at me and smirks opening up the bottle and taking a drink before the timer went off. I rush over and pull open the oven door and pull out the molds distracting myself from a disaster happening.

"Hey guys, dinners ready!" Janetta calls while pulling out ingredients from the fridge and setting them in the middle of the wooden table. As soon as she said those 4 words it was like all hell broke loss. It sounded like a herd of elephants came running down the stairs Patrick, Danny, Robert, and Spencer all came down screaming at the top of their lungs "FOOD". I was half tempted to go over and protect Janetta from the herd of boys but when she pointed to the bathroom for the guys to go clean up I knew she had it all under control. All the boys followed her order and headed straight for the bathroom washing up before taking their appropriate seats. I wash up as well and help Janetta with the tortillas pulling them out of the mold than placing them on the boys plates. I sit down next to Janetta helping her sliding in than myself.

"Prayers!!!" Robert screams as I take a bite into my tortilla bowl and he gives me a disapproving look. I shrug and drop my bowl onto the plate.

"Thanks for the reminder Robert." Janetta says and we all join hands as Spencer leads us in prayer tonight since Aaron wasn't here to do it tonight. After a very short prayer we all dug in me grabbing the lettuce first and passing everything around until the house was dead silent except for us all chewing loudly.

"I've seen pigs eat better mannered than you guys." Janetta scoffs and goes back to eating her salad with her fork. I smirk with a raised eye brow about to say something when Xavier cuts me off.

"Well, you've never seen a pig eat this sexy." Xavier cuts in putting on his best smolder and Janetta busts out laughing. We all look at her like she's crazy (which isn't a half lie).

Be nice.

What I am, mean I was looking at her earlier.

Yeah, and she almost caught you staring.

Ok, ok I'll be nice.

"So what again was funny about that, because I'm not laughing." Kyle asks stabbing his lettuce and shoving it down his throat.

"I've played football my entire life and I've never experienced an ego remark that was so false." Janetta says standing up and taking her dishes to the counter after round 3 of taco salads.

"That was not false information. Just this afternoon when we were practicing you were totally checking us out. Don't lie J." I add and smirk placing my dishes in the dishwasher.

"I was defiantly NOT checking you guys out. If anything it was the slutty cheerleaders that were doing nothing on the other side of the field." Janetta viciously replied anger flashing through her eyes.

"Well at least they had something to feast on." Xavier remarked

"You mean those chicken arms and legs you call limbs." Spencer adds in running over and clinging onto Janetta's side with a cute little 6 year old smirk.

"Ooooooo!!! Burn man." Nick, Patrick and Danny all chime in running over and hugging Spencer and Janetta.

"Ok, that was good." Xavier and I back down grabbing our dishes and helping clean up the very messy table.

"I think it should be Y chromosome night to clean dishes tonight." Luke says walking over to the couch and plopping down.

"You do know that your a Y chromosome, right?" Janetta questions stopping to look at Luke with a raised eyebrow.

"Fuck, I meant X chromosome." Luke said getting up and very harshly placing the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Have fun with that one." Janetta says throwing the towel onto the counter and sitting down on the couch turning the TV on and changing the channel to the local news. I drop my towel as well and go over sitting down next to Janetta, scooching over to be next to J. I don't know why I did this but when she's close to me I just feel stronger and she just smells so nice, like vanilla in the summertime.

"I do believe you are a Y chromosome aren't you?" J asks staring at me.

"Yeah but I helped last night after you went upstairs I helped mom with dishes so I can take a break." I reply fake yawning and stretching an arm over Janetta's shoulders pulling her close.

"What are ya doin' Meyer?" She asks giving a questioning look and I smile glad we're on a last name basis.

"Mason! Get your ass back in here and start cleaning!" Chris calls before I could answer Janetta. I look back to Janetta, her blue eyes filled with curiosity and wonder still waiting for an answer.

"Fine." I call back and get up leaving Janetta on the couch. I walk over to the kitchen, grab a towel and start drying off dishes and putting them in the correct cabinets.

And I was close too, Damn you Chris.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212 17 18
A girl named Emma moved from her hometown in Canada to Montana , at her old school she played on the football team, she also loves to dance,She loved...
198K 3.5K 32
Everyone said she couldn't do it; so many obstacles stood in her way on and off the field. But she didn't let their words stop her. She just wanted t...
6.8K 89 4
After a tragic event, she decides to change the way she lives her life as she has no other choice but to live with her sister and her husband. Her pa...
343 0 22
Amanda moved from Texas to Denver, and that means new school and new friends, but what will happen along the way.