In Love With The Devil ✔ [TO...

By so_so_466

"She was the angel craving chaos, and he was the devil seeking peace." Amy Raines, a 26 year old, sweet and i... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1- 'Vanille'
Chapter 2- 'Convincing'
Chapter 3- 'Offer'
Chapter 4- 'Decisions'
Chapter 5- 'Shopping'
Chapter 6- 'The Rings'
Chapter 7- 'The Wedding' {Part 1}
Chapter 8- 'The Wedding' {Part 2}
Chapter 9- 'In The Plane'
Chapter 10- 'Paris' {Part 1}
Chapter 11- 'Paris' {Part 2}
Chapter 12- 'In Her Eyes'
Chapter 13- 'Back To Home'
Chapter 14- 'Honeymoon?!'
Chapter 15- 'Go Party!'
Chapter 16- 'My Wife'
Chapter 17- 'The Man With The Beard'
Chapter 19- 'And She's Drunk'
Chapter 20- 'Am I Dreaming?'
Chapter 21- 'I Want Him Dead'
Chapter 22- 'The Cell Phone Rang'
Chapter 23- 'To Somewhere Only He Knows'
Chapter 24- 'I Hugged Him'
Chapter 25- 'I Just Went On'
My Explaination [Author's Note]

Chapter 18- 'That Drink'

1.8K 68 8
By so_so_466

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"You are such a gentleman, Mr. Nyugen." I slightly smiled at the man who stood in front of us.

The shameless man with the beard was no where to be seen, might have been left after Ian literally broke his face...

I know her was flirting with me, but that was very cringy. Yeah, cringy. Okay, I get that he is not that bad... I mean, he looked fine. But nothing compared to my ruthless husband.

Any ways, the party was back to normal while I and Ian have been greeting all the guests since the past hour.

Excusing ourselves to Mr. Nyugen, we both headed towards the sitting area as I took a seat.

"Don't you dare leave me." Ian told me for the thousandth time in tonight. I pressed my lips into a thin line and nodded my head, trying so hard not to roll my eyes.

We both sat in silence for sometime as I wondered how exhausting these rich parties could be. For us middle class people, partying means drinks, games, fun and dance. But here, in this world of money and business, party means drama.

"I am hungry." I murmured while slightly rubbing my stomach. "Can I go to the food counter?"

Hearing my voice, Ian sighed and looked at the direction of the food court, a few women were standing there...

Looking at them, he nodded his head, as if to convincing something to himself. He turned his head back to my direction as I waited for his answer. "Be quick." He spoke and I smiled at him.

I am so much hungry. Seriously, if Ian would not have told me to greet the guests, I would have been eating right now.

"What are you waiting for? Leave." Ian's voice was heard and I averted my eyes from his face when I realised that I was staring at him.

Nodding at him, I ran my hand through the fabric of my dress as I stood up. I moved my legs in the forward direction so that soon I approached at the food court.

.

.

.

"Look who is here." A deep voice was heard after sometime and I turned around so that a man with brownish black hair and slight beard was standing in front of me as he smiled down at me.

He was the same man from earlier... My mind reminded me and I tensed.

This man was not giving good vibes. I still remember the way Ian was shocked to see him, and the fact that he told me to leave him and rather talk with the ladies only confirmed my suspicion.

I wonder what is wrong with him... What could possibly be the reason that he showed up at this party?

Wait, is he still here?

I looked over to his face which was now bandaged... Oh boy, the combination of a wound on your face along with business attire looks so much odd.

"Are you still here, Mister---" I waited for him to complete the sentence.

"Richard. Alexander Richard. May I know the name of this beautiful woman?" He extended his hand towards me and I thought whether to take his hand or not. Ian told me to behave well, but this man...

"Amy Kingsley." I hesitantly extended my hand back towards him as he took it. He brought my hand to his lips and placed a small kiss on it while I tried so hard not to cringe at the awkward feeling.

"May I sit with you?" He nodded towards the chair beside me as I nodded my head, "Sure."

He smiled at me before sitting on the chair as I slightly shifted away from him to maintain a distance between us.

"So, are you one of the business partners of Ian's?" I looked at him as he shook his head.

"More like an enemy. I am the CEO of 'Xander Enterprises,' a rival of your husband." He spoke as I frowned.

Rivals? Since when did Ian began to invite his rivals into his success party?

"Do rivals celebrate each other's success too?" I asked myself, but my voice was heard by him too as he chuckled.

"Well, apparently no... But I and Ian aren't like all the rivals. We have a lot more than just rivalry."

I nodded at him while wondering about what this 'more than just rivalry' thing might mean.

"Would you like something, ma'am?" A waiter approached me while I shook my head. I already ate, and I don't drink... So, I don't think I need anything else. He nodded at me before turning his head in Mr. Richard's direction when he spoke up, "A whiskey for me, and for the lady..." He looked over to me, "Oh, I don't drink. But if you insist, I might be getting a glass of water."

He stared at me amused before whispering something else to the waiter and he nodded before leaving us alone.

We sat in silence as I stared at the rich couples talking to each other. Even though I was not looking at his direction, I knew he was staring at me every now and then which was making me too much uncomfortable.

I scanned through the crowd to find Ian, but in vain. So instead, I sat there playing with my fingers.

"Here we go, ma'am." The waiter approached us and I smiled at him before taking the glass of water.

I frowned as I took the first sip... It tasted kinda odd, I looked at the glass in my hands. It did looked like water, so instead of overthinking, I pushed that thought away and gulped down the water.

After sometime, my head began to hurt a little bit as I closed my eyes. It was soon enough that my head started to spin and I clutched at it as it began to hurt so much. My eyes started to close slightly while I shook my head in order to keep me awake.

Just when I thought my head will explode due to pain, the whole scenario became different as I began to feel light headed.

Opening up my eyes, I tried to spot Ian in the crowd and much to my relief, he was standing near one businessman. I sighed and stood up from my seat just as a light wave of dizziness hit me. I stood there at the same spot for sometime before heading towards his direction. Noticing that I was behind him, he turned around to see me. He frowned after seeing my face and then looked behind me towards Mr. Richard. His anger was soon visible as he glared at me. But I was not scared at all...

"I am not feeling well." I touched my forehead once more as he took a deep breath.

"What happened?"

"I-I am feeling dizzy and uncomfortable. I want to sleep. I am so tired." I shook my head.

"What? But the party---"

"I will sleep right here, at this party if you won't take me home." He looked surprised but that look was soon replaced with a neutral one as he glanced at his watch.

He glanced at me and then around us, and I knew he was trying to figure out what to do. He followed the same thing a few times, as I struggled to stand straight.

"Ian, I think I am---"

"Come on." He sighed and snaked his arm around my waist once again, but this time I did not gasp, instead I felt a tingy feeling inside my stomach...

We soon headed outside the venue and towards his car as I began to feeling more light headed.

"Is this your car?" I stared at the HUGE and expensive thing in front of me.

"Yes."

"All black, why?" I asked him as he frowned, "Just like your soul?"

The holy mother of god. Why am I even asking these questions?! Honestly, I don't know, these are so much INTERESTING questions to get to know my hubby, after all!

We entered the huge black car and I took my seat. I gazed around me...

"All black, why?" I looked at him as he ignored me.

"My dear husband. Is your soul BLACK?" I giggled as he stared at me with wide eyes.

I chuckled as he opened his mouth as if to speak something, while closing it once more. And that time, he looked so cutee!!!

"Amy..."

"Mrs. Kingsley. Call me Mrs. Kingsley!"
I pouted at him. He needs to stop calling me Amy! He is my husband! He needs to call my something special... Babe? Honey? Sweetheart? Darling?

I could not help but laugh after imagining Ian to speak to me like this. Like in EVER.

"Did you drink something?" A voice was heard from somewhere as I giggled once more.

"I drank waiter? No WATER." I thought to myself. He stared at me before speaking...

"Are you fucking drunk?!"

.

.

.

.

.

Hello my lovie dovies! How are you all feeling?! Hope you are amazing and happy! 😘

I think most of you did not expected this update? Well, I can be surprising sometimes! So, comment your thoughts about this chapter in the comment section!

What do you feel about all the characters? Which character do you like? Which character do you hate? And why? Comment down😘

If you want to talk to me ( lol, I LOVE making new friends), or get notified whenever a new chapter comes out. Just to let the glimpses of my book, follow my Instagram account:

infinity_writess123

See you soon!

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 160 29
"Please.." she couldn't say anything more. Her sobs didn't let her. Roman looked at her with an evil smile, not showing any sign of mercy. "I am not...
3.9K 843 52
|Updates every Tuesdays| "Come with me." I laugh and wipe the beads of sweat off my forehead. "And why would you think I'd go anywhere with you?" I...
1.8M 79.2K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
6.3M 247K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...