Best friends?

由 flowbutterfly

Story of two best friends who struggle to explore their feelings for each other. Will they realise their love... 更多

Synopsis
Chapter1~He loves her more than cheesecake~
Chapter2~Boyfriend aka best friend~
Chapter3~But we hate each other~
Chapter4~Bye forever~
Chapter5~Don't go~
Chapter6~We must be sadists~
Chapter7~Hooker?~
Chapter8~My flight got hijacked~
Chapter9~You only drink with me~
Chapter10~Two hearts apart~
Chapter11~Thick skulls~
Chapter12~Rich spoilt girl~
Chapter13~Paradise~
Chapter14~Revelations~
Chapter15~Flashbacks~
Chapter16~Unknown feelings~
Chapter17~He's my meenakumari~
Chapter18~New friendships and realisations~
Chapter19~Halloween~
Chapter20~Secrets and heartbreaks~
Chapter21~A euphoria called love~
Chapter22~Insecurities~
Chapter23~Blissful Moments~
Chapter 24~Graduation day~
Chapter25~Disappointing bearings~
Chapter26~Inevitable despair~
Chapter27~Waffles and Taylor swift
Chapter28~Fight for him~
Chapter29~Ferris wheel and memories~
Chapter30~Turn of events~
Chapter31~Feelings? Deleted~
Chapter32~And so it begins~
Chapter33~Second chances~
Chapter34~Bombshell~
Chapter35~Okay?Okay~
Chapter36~Love and Like~
Chapter37~Wifey skills~
Chapter38~Getting Married~
Chapter39~Chaos~
Chapter40~Gender Reveal~
Chapter 42~Mr And Mrs?~
Chapter43~Pre-wedding~
Chapter44~The almost Married Couple~
Chapter45~Kodak Moments~
Epilogue

Chapter41~Are you sure?~

3.8K 463 43
由 flowbutterfly

"Nandini"

"Nandini"

"Nandiniiiiiii"

Nandini woke up with a jerk and a dark figure stood on the leg of the bed.

The figure came into the light and she hit her head on the pillow immediately.

"Let me sleep manik how hard it is." She muttered covering her face with the pillow.

"Nandini I really want to talk to you"

"No I don't regret it" She answered before he can even ask the question.

"How do you even know what I was going to ask?" He asked sliding under the covers besides her.

"It's not like you have asked me this question one million times for the past two months." She said her back faced him.

"No but seriously we can do long distance and it's not like you're going to run away because you're my fiancè now." He smiled kissing her cheek.

She whined and slapped her hand on the nightstand without looking and looked at the time on her phone.

"It's four a.m. manik geez." She said and sat up straight. She glanced at manik who's eyes were tired and dark circles under his eyes.

All he did after they came back from New York is worry about her broken dreams and worked continuously.

She sighed and took both of his hands in her's.

"We can do long distance but I don't want to. You get that? And can you stop worrying look at you, you look horrible." She cleared it and his eyes droopy.

"It's just that I've been feeling guilty since the day you rejected your dream job and the fact I'm the person who came in between your dreams. I'd never want that." He let it out even though they had this conversation two months ago too.

Nandini declined the offer and they terminated her remaining internship which was okay with her because she was away from everyone for so long and especially manik.

"Manik Malhotra I love you and I don't want to spend a single day without you. And no you're not coming in between any of my dreams because---" She held his face in her hands. "You're my new dream" 

"Aren't you becoming too cheesy sugarplum?" He teased and she dropped her hands immediately.

"Yes you're right that was too cheesy. Can't believe I'm turning into you." She scrunched her nose in disgust and he laughed.

"I will find a new job here in Delhi so don't worry and for the love of God stop sneaking in from the window in the middle of the night." She threatened him and he put his hand in surrender.

She hit the hay again when manik whispered in her ear.

"Can I stay here tonight?"

"Sure but get out before everyone wakes up. If our moms know that we met two days before the wedding they are going to flip." She muttered and he agreed pulling her in his arms.

"My feet hurt, I'm hungry and I think I'm dying or something." Nandini whined while she held like thousand shopping bags.

"We can't do your wedding shopping without you so stop whining." Sushmita scolded her as they entered in the final shop.

"Well you decided to marry early." Mukti chuckled.

Sushmita, Nandini, alya, mukti and nyonica were out finishing the last minute shopping.

"Okay firstly wedding after two months of engagement is not early and I'm sorry if I want to be with manik." She defended and everyone laughed.

"And we thought this day will never come." Nyonica said to sushmita and she agreed.

Nandini's supposed to collect her wedding dress for tomorrow.

"Dress in the name of Nandini murthy." Sushmita told the girl working there and she went to bring it.

"I love the idea of a white wedding." Alya said while checking out the other dresses. "How is it looking?" She asked placing a ball gown dress in front of her.

"I thought you got married last month?" Nandini teased.

"But they all are so gorgeous" Alya whispered dreamily lost in the white wonderland.

"Here it is" Their trance got broken when the sales girl brought her dress.

"Okay I'm going to try it" Nandini gushed when a voice stopped her.

She turned around and saw Maira approaching her.

"Hey" Maira smiled and took a notice of everyone who just scowled at her presence except Nandini who smiled at her warmly.

"Hi long time what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Oh just came with a friend. You came  with your friends too?" Maira asked as she looked at the dress Alya was holding.

"No She's getting married" Mukti interjected.

"To Manik" Nyonica completed and gave a sarcastic smile and Maira's face changed.

"Congratulations! Manik never told me." She said shifting on her feet uncomfortably.

"He doesn't share his personal stuff with strangers." Alya challenged and nandini glared at her.

"Ah! You should come" Nandini blurted and Mukti slapped her arm in reflex not so subtly.

"No no It's very last minute for you it's fine Congrats again" She denied with a small smile.

"Its no problem I will text you the details." She declared her tone had finality ignoring the not so subtle hints from everyone.

Maira left and everyone turned towards Nandini.

"You made a mistake!" Nyonica stated shaking her head.

"It's fine she's nice" Nandini just shrugged and went to try her dress.

"Mr Kapoor send me the file of buildsworth company project." Manik ordered in the phone and continued sending emails in his laptop when the door burst open.

"Heard you're getting married tomorrow" Maira said ghastly and made herself comfortable in the visiting chair opposite him.

"Just because we had this merger that doesn't mean you can come in and talk to me whenever you want." He growled. "And who told you that?" He studied her.

She got up and went around the table. She stood just beside him leaning against the chair.

"Nandini told me" She trailed her finger on his cheek and he slapped it away.

"Don't you dare" He said slowly pointing his index finger at her. "Get out now" He said in a dangerously low voice and she smirked before leaving the room.

They were friendly in front of the clients and employees just keeping up with the facade but in real life manik cannot keep up with her.

She just doesn't give the right vibe to him.

The entire day went in the preparations of wedding and manik immersed in work because after that he's going to be on leave.

It's night now and nandini's putting nail paint on her toenails sitting on the bed when a thump behind her stunned her.

She turned around and saw manik on his all four's.

"Come from the main door like a normal person now will you?" She retorted irritated.

"Your mother will kill me if she knows I'm here" Manik stated and got up dusting his hands. She nodded agreeing.

"I missed you" She jumped in his arms,  her feet left the ground and he stumbled back but regained his balance.

"Me too" he kissed her hair. "I thought you will be freaking out and making plans to run away that's why I came to check up on you." He teased and she clearly looked offended.

"That is not funny and if you keep saying that I'll definitely run away"

"Well too late" He pecked her lips

"Just few more hours" She sighed dreamily and he grinned.

The girl who was so afraid of commitments and marriage is so excited for her wedding. Just the thought swelled his heart.

"Thank you" He said out of the blue.

Her eyebrow furrowed.

"For what?"

"For being you" He said softly and her mouth twitched.

"I was busy with work and you planned everything from scratch alone. I'm sorry for not being more involved."

He was busy with work and didn't really have time to participate in the arrangements but he was thankful for her and his friends to do that.

"Hey it's fine and I can handle it plus I wont allow you to burden yourself okay?" He nodded and opened his mouth to say something but closed it.

"What?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Did you invite Maira?" He asked meekly and she immediately unfolded her arms.

"Ah! Yeah"

"Nandini I- forget it" He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"No tell me" She demanded

"I don't like he- I think she has feelings for me or something" He fidgeted with his fingers nervously.

Her eyes widened and regret washed over her face.

"I thought she's just a good friend and I kinda liked her" She hesitated and he released a tired sigh.

"It's okay forget about it she's irrelevant but are you okay?" Her forehead creased and he cleared himself.

"Are you sure this is not overwhelming for you? Are you ready to marry me?" Some part of him was waiting for the other shoe to drop. She always leaves him and he was scared.

She inched closer to him and held his face in her hands.

"I've never been so sure about anything more in my life and can you stop doubting me for one second atleast?" She scowled and he pulled her from her waist in a position she was straddling his hips.

"Sorry for doubting you" He pecked her nose.

"You better should" And she laid her head on his chest.

"You look so gorgeous" Cabir managed to say as Nandini twirled in her dress.

Nandini was dressed in a long straight  white gown, a little flowy in the end with full net sleeves and a V neck with an open deep back.

Her hair were curled and a white head piece was attached to her crown.

"Are those real tears Cabir?" Mukti asked scrutinising him.

"No he's just happy that he's got another company which is not Navya." Nandini laughed and put some compact powder on her face.

"Yes my god her hormones are going crazy and amongst that I feel myself going crazy." He sighed and sat on the chair.

"That's normal anyway when is she due?" Mukti asked eating some honey chilly potato.

"Eight weeks" he sighed and poured himself some champagne.

"Must be exhausting" Alya claimed.

"You bet and aren't you supposed to calm the bride down and stop her from going all bridezilla instead of eating free food."  He said with a pointed look.

"So do you mister" Mukti shot back a look.

"I don't know why I made you my made of honour." Nandini rolled her eyes and did some last minute touch ups.

"Because I'm the reason you two are together and you love me." Cabir grinned.

"Sure I do"

                      ((((((*))))))))

Sooooo I decided to extend this book with three more chapters because it seemed a little bit rushed plus I can't just give them a normal happy ending. Boring.

And I've been watching kyy's re-run damn I forgot how much I loved that show.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

86.6K 5.2K 32
The passion, weakness, pain all are emotions but when you get in love all emotions become way stronger than any you have experienced..... Love story...
310K 26.1K 48
Hey guys... This is the first time I am writing a story I am writing a story on manan 8 years everything changed for two best frnds What will happen...
305K 15.4K 44
Heya all this is a new story its about how manan get close to each other even when circumstances get them far... I hope u all will like it...
79.2K 4.9K 62
Manan ff A beautiful game of destiny So this is my first story hope you guys like it This story is about two people who are best friends and did no...