Lovely Δ SPN [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO N... More

cast
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
book two

chapter fifty-three

1.7K 57 0
By maybankwalker

Sam and Evie are living in Oklahoma currently. Sam has quit hunting and split up from Dean. He made got Evie from Bobby's hospital and went to Oklahoma. They've been going by the names Keith and Carmen.

Sam is working as a busboy at a bar while continuing to homeschool Evie. He managed to convince the manager to let Sam bring Evie to the bar, promising she wouldn't disturb anybody or his focus on the job. The manager somewhat reluctantly agreed, saying once she caused trouble her being there was over.

They're always there late so Evie often falls asleep in one of the booths after the bar closes while Sam cleans up.

They're currently at the bar and Sam is standing at the bar, next to a bartender. Evie is sitting in one of the chairs since the bar is relatively empty.

"Hey Keith, you play?" One of the workers, Lindsey, asks. Evie likes Lindsey. She makes sure she's okay and brings her food if she's hungry and helps her with her school sometimes.

"That depends. What are we playing for?" Sam asks.

"World peace." Lindsey says.

"Oh, is that all?" Sam asks.

"Can I ask you something?" Lindsey asks.

"Shoot." Sam wipes his hands with a towel, walking over to Lindsey.

"You finished that crossword puzzle in the kitchen?"

"Uh, I guess. Why?"

"The New York Times Saturday crossword?"

"Was it?"

"Uh-huh. You blow into town last week, you don't talk to anybody, you're obviously highly educated, you bring your kid to work. You're like this..."

"Riddle wrapped inside an enigma wrapped inside a taco?" Lindsey smiles and nods.

"Here's what we play for. When I win, you buy me dinner and tell me your life story."

"Sounds fair." Sam throws all 3 darts, getting them in the center of the target.

"Very mysterioso. I like it." Lindsey says, turning to Sam, only to see his attention focused on the news. It's talking about a bunch of natural disasters that have happened. After a bit, the bartender turns the TV off.

"Damn. Is it just me or does it seem like it's the end of the world?" The bartender asks.

+++

It's the same night and they're at the motel. Sam put Evie in bed about an hour ago and has been on the computer researching.

"I thought you were done with hunting." Evie mumbles, walking up to Sam, seeing what's on the computer.

"Yeah, yeah, no, I am, pumpkin." Sam tells her.

"Then why are you looking at hunty stuff?" Evie asks.

"I gotta call somebody. Tell 'em about it." Sam grabs his phone before looking at Evie. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

"You have all the lights on." Evie shrugs.

"Since when do lights wake you up?" Sam chuckles as Evie is a semi deep sleeper.

"Since you combine it with typing and you're not giving me cuddles." Evie says.

Sam smiles, picking her up and putting her on his lap.

"There. Some snuggles." Sam mutters, kissing the top of her head. He goes to Dean's number and considers before scrolling up and calling Bobby.

"Sam?" Bobby asks.

"Hey, Bobby. How you doing?" Sam asks.

"Well, I ain't running any marathons, but I'll live." Bobby says and Sam laughs. "Where are you?"

"Uh, Garber, Oklahoma. I found a town up the road showing some Revelation omens." Sam says.

"What omens?" Bobby asks.

"All right, listen to this. "And upon his rising there shall be hail and fire mixed with blood.""

"Well that ain't delightful."

"Yeah. But we already got hailstorms and fire so I'm guessing blood can't be too far behind."

"Okay."

"What?"

"There a reason you're calling?"

"Dean didn't tell you?"

"He told me."

"Yeah. So I just thought you might want to find out who's in the area and put a man on this."

"Okay, let me see if I can think of the best hunter who might be in the immediate vicinity. Oh, that'd be you."

"I can't, Bobby, I'm sitting this one out."

"Sam--"

"I gotta go. I'm so sorry."

"Hold on, Sam--" Sam hangs up on Bobby. Evie looks up at him.

"Can we go to sleep now?" She yawns.

"Yeah. Go get in bed. I'll be there in a bit." Sam tells her and she jumps off his lap.

"More snuggles?" She hopefully asks.

"Yes, more snuggles." He answers. Evie grins, skipping to the bed and getting under the covers.

+++

They're at the bar and it's not as empty as last night, but Evie is still sitting at the bar since Sam is at it often.

"Hey, Sam." They hear a voice call, but Sam ignores him. Evie looks up in curiosity before remembering they're not going by their real names and puts her head back down, refocusing on math.

"Sam." The guy calls again.

"Sam? What happened to Keith?" Lindsey asks.

"Wait, what?" Sam asks, turning to Lindsey and the three guys.

"He called you Sam." Lindsey says, pointing at the guy.

"Yeah. Uh... Sam's my middle name." Sam lies.

"Keith Sam? Man, I'm sorry." Lindsey laughs.

"Well, actually, it's Samuel, so it's not quite as dumb as it sounds." The man, Tim, says.

"Are you guys friends?" Lindsey asks.

"Hunting buddies. With his dad. Samuel here is quite the hunter himself." Steve says.

"Wow. You kill deer and things?" Lindsey asks.

"Yeah, and things." Tim says.

"Um... why don't I get you guys some drinks?" Sam offers.

~ ~ ~

The three hunters and Sam are sitting at a table and Sam has Evie on his lap since she didn't want to be at the bar alone.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to bust you back there." Tim apologizes.

"No, it's all right. So what's up?" Sam asks.

"Bobby called." Tim states.

"And?" Sam asks.

"You were right. Major demon block party going on." Tim says.

"But why? What are they up to?" Sam asks.

"Don't know yet." Steve says.

"Bobby told us you were off limits. That true?" Reggie asks.

"Yeah, that's right." Sam nods.

"That's fine in theory and all, but we could really use all hands on deck here." Tim says.

"I know you could. But I can't. I'm sorry." Sam says.

"Why not?" Steve asks.

"It's personal." Sam says.

"Look, man, what baggage is so heavy it can't be stowed away for the freaking apocalypse?" Tim asks.

"Like I said--" Reggie cuts Sam off.

"Yeah, you're sorry. Heard it the first time."

"Suit yourself. More for us then, right?" Tim says.

"Good luck." Sam tells them.

"But hey. Beers are on you when we get back." Tim says as the three get up to leave.

"Yeah, you bet." Sam stands, holding Evie's hand as they watch the hunters leave and Lindsey walks up to them.

"So your parents were drunk when they named you and you shoot Bambi?" Lindsey asks.

"It's a long story." Sam says.

"That is it. Enough with the kung fu, wandering the earth thing. I'm gonna buy you dinner and we're gonna talk." Lindsey states.

"Lindsey, I can't." Sam sighs.

"No. The only way to avoid bloodshed is to say yes."

+++

It's nighttime and Sam is cleaning up after the bar is closed. Evie fell asleep at the bar, her head on her open science book, a pencil lightly gripped in her hand.

Sam hears the door open.

"Bar's closed." He calls out. He turns and sees it's Tim. "hey."

"Something you want to tell me, Sam?" Tim asks.

"What? No." Sam says.

"You sure about that?" Tim asks.

"I-I don't know, jeez. Are you okay? Where are Reggie and Steve?" Sam asks.

"Oh, Steve's good. He's, uh, his guts are lying roadside outside the Hawley Five and Dime." Tim says.

"I'm sorry." Sam tells him.

"Sorry don't cut it, Sam." Tim states.

"What do you want me to say?"

"The truth." Sam doesn't say anything. "Let me give you some of my own, then. We go into town, we catch ourselves a demon, we get jumped by ten more. Steve bought it."

"I'm sorry."

"Saying it twice don't make it so, Sam. You see, this demon, he, uh, he told us things. Crazy things, things about you, Sam."

"Demons lie."

"Yeah. I'm gonna ask you one last time. The truth. Now."

The door opens and Reggie walks in, holding a knife to Lindsey's neck.

"Lindsey!" Sam calls.

"What's going on?" Lindsey asks.

"Just take it easy, okay Put the knife down." Sam says. He's holding his hands up, showing no weapons or harm. Reggie looks at Tim who slightly nods. Reggie puts the knife on the bar, but keeps a hold on Lindsey.

"It's true. What the demons said, it's all true." Sam says.

"Keep going." Tim tells him.

"Why? You gonna hate me any less? Am I gonna hate myself any less? What do you want?" Sam asks.

"I want to hear you say it." Tim says.

"I did it. I started the apocalypse." Sam declares. Tim holds up a test tube full of red liquid. "What is that?"

"What do you think it is? It's go juice, Sammy boy." Tim says.

"Get that away from me." Sam says.

"Away from you? No. This is for you. Hell if that demon wasn't right as rain. Down the hatch, son." Tim says.

"You're insane." Sam tells him.

"Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna drink this, Hulk out, and you're gonna waste every one of the demon scum that killed my best friend." Tim says. Tim nods at Lindsey who Reggie handcuffs to the bar. "Or she dies."

"You wouldn't do that." Sam says.

"It's funny how watching your best friend die changes that." Tim says. "Come on, you know you want it, Sam. Just reach out and take it." Sam backs up a bit, the other two hunters walking towards him. "I mean we can make this more interesting. Either drink this or we kill your sweet, little kid." Tim looks at the sleeping child.

"You stay the hell away from--" Sam's cut off by Reggie charging at him and he tosses the man into the pool table. Tim runs up and him and Reggie fight Sam. The sound makes Evie jump awake and she shrieks seeing her dad in a fight.

Reggie and Tim manage to restrain Sam and Reggie holds his mouth open while Tim pours the demon blood into Sam's mouth. Reggie holds his mouth shut so he won't spit it out.

"Daddy!" Evie calls, worried and crying.

They let Sam go after a moment and back away and Sam stands up.

"There, was that really so bad?" Tim asks.

"You're a meanie!" Evie shouts.

"Shut up." Tim tells her, throwing the test tube at her, it hitting the bar and smashing into pieces. She shrieks a bit at the sound, flinching. Just as Tim turns back to Sam, the Winchester immediately spits the demon blood in his eyes, punching both him and Reggie.

Sam grabs Tim and slams him into the bar, only a few feet from Evie, and he takes Reggie's knife, holding it to Tim's throat. Evie squeezes her eyes shut and Sam glances between her and a just as scared Lindsey. Sam lets Tim go, throwing him over to Reggie.

"Go!" Sam loudly tells them.

"Don't think we won't be back." Tim says.

"Don't think I won't be here!" Sam yells as they leave the bar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 1K 71
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
59.2K 2.1K 100
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
174K 4.8K 87
[ supernatural -- seasons 2-8 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY ow...
88.9K 2.5K 60
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-11 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's...