Lovely Δ SPN [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO N... More

cast
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
book two

chapter fifty-one

1.7K 61 11
By maybankwalker

It's nighttime and Dean got Evie to go to sleep while Sam wasn't yelling down in the panic room. Sam has only been in the panic room for about a day and Evie is getting moody, wanting to be with her dad. Dean explained to her that Sam was sick and couldn't be near them so he could get better, but she still wants Sam.

Sam is currently screaming while Bobby and Dean are in the living room and Bobby pours them some whiskey.

"How long is this gonna go on?" Dean asks.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon detox manual. Oh, wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it." Bobby says. Bobby's phone rings and Dean hears footsteps and turns to see Evie walk in with her dog.

"Deanie?" She calls.

"C'mere, shortcake." Dean mumbles, sitting down on the opposite side of Bobby's desk. She walks over to him and he puts her on his lap.

"Is daddy okay?" Evie asks.

"Daddy will be fine." Dean tells her. He covers her ear, placing her other ear against his chest.

"Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." Bobby hangs up.

"What's up with Rufus?" Dean asks.

"He knows." Bobby states. His phone rings and he picks it up. "I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important."

~ ~ ~

"The news. The news ain't good." Bobby tells Dean.

"This is what Rufus called about? 'Key West sees ten species go extinct'." Dean says. He's standing up and holding Evie who is half asleep.

"Yep. Plus Alaska. 15 man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly 66 kids. All this in a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking. Fast." Bobby says.

"How many are left?" Dean asks.

"Who knows? Can't be many. Where the hell are your angel pals?" Bobby asks.

"You tell me." Dean mutters.

"I'm just wondering."

"What?"

"The apocalypse being nigh and all... is now really the right time to be having this little domestic drama of ours?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I don't like this any more than you do, but Sam can kill demons. He's got a shot at stopping armageddon." Bobby says.

"So what? Sacrifice Sam's life, his soul, for the greater good? Is that what you're saying? Times are bad, let's use Sam as a nuclear warhead?"

"Look, I know you hate me for suggesting it. I hate me for suggesting it. I love that boy like a son. All I'm saying is maybe he's here right now instead of on the battlefield because we love him too much."

+++

Sam has already hallucinated Alastair and his younger self. He's sitting on the bed, trying to not go completely insane, even though he's pretty sure he's already halfway there.

"You get it, right?" Sam hears and looks up to see Evie.

"Get what?" Sam asks tiredly, completely over the hallucinations.

"Everything's your fault." Evie says.

"What?" He asks.

"Your mom died because of you. Mommy's dead because of you. And then you started taking demon blood and you're the reason you're in here. You're the reason Deanie doesn't like you anymore."

"Evie..."

"You're the reason I don't have a mommy anymore. If you didn't go away with Uncle Deanie, I'd still have her."

"I know, baby. I'm sorry." Sam brokenly whispers.

"Why did you have to turn into a monster?"

Sam squeezes his eyes shut, rubbing them, and when he reopens them and looks up, Evie's gone.

+++

It's the next day and Dean is leaning against the entryway between the living room and the hallway while Bobby stands by his desk. Evie is sitting on the couch, playing with her dog.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you willingly signed up to be the angels' bitch?" Bobby asks and Dean looks at him. "I'm sorry. You prefer sucker? After everything you said about them, now you trust them?"

"Come on, give me a little credit, Bobby. I've never trusted them less. I mean, they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan." Dean says.

"Then why in the hell did you--" Dean cuts Bobby off.

"Because what other choice do I have? It's either trust the angels or let Sammy trust a demon?"

"I see your point?"

Dean doesn't hear Sam yelling or anything.

"You hear that?" he asks.

"Yeah, that's a little too much nothing." Bobby says.

"Stay here." Dean tells his niece.

"But, it's da--"

"Don't move!" He tells her, him and Bobby rushing downstairs.

~ ~ ~

The two had to restrain Sam to the cot in the panic room so he wouldn't fly all over the place again. They came up the living room where Evie still is.

"I want daddy." Evie says.

"I know, kiddo, but... you can't have him right now." Dean sighs, tired of everything.

"I want daddy now!" Evie yells.

"Well, you're not getting him now!" Dean yells back.

Evie stares at him with teary eyes for a few moments and Dean realizes where this is going.

"Don't you dare start--"

He's cut off as Evie begins screaming. She screams for a few moments before having to stop.

"Evie--"

She resumes screaming, only stopping to catch her breath. Dean sighs, rubbing his temples. Bobby sits at his desk, downing a few glasses of whiskey.

Dean just stands, listening to Evie scream, not knowing what to do.

"I'm gonna take her outside." Dean tells Bobby who only downs another glass of whiskey. Dean picks Evie up, ignoring her kicking, and carries her outside. He puts her down next to one of the many cars and stays next to her letting her scream.

"I want daddy!" She screams, now crying.

"You can't." Dean tells her and she continues screaming.

Dean sighs and sits on the ground. He pulls Evie towards him, putting her on his lap and comfortingly holding her, ignoring her squirming, just readjusting his grip when needed.

It feels like hours before Evie's screams soon get hoarse and a lower volume. She continues to scream, and only a little bit later does she stop.

Dean looks down at her and sees her eyes half shut, tired from the screaming and crying. He sighs sadly, holding her tighter, kissing her on the head.

"I know you want your dad, kid. But he needs to get better before you can see him. I promise as soon as he's okay, you can hug him and be around him all you want. But for now, you can't. I know it sucks and that you hate it... but it's what needs to happen right now."

Dean looks at her and sees her asleep.

Dean sits there for a few minutes before getting up and carrying Evie inside. He walks into the living room where Bobby is sitting at his desk.

"How long was she screaming?" Dean asks.

"Almost two hours." Bobby says. Dean sighs, rubbing the sleeping girl's back comfortingly. "I'm gonna ask one more time. Are we absolutely sure we're doing the right thing?"

"Bobby, you saw what was happening to him down there. The demon blood is killing him." Dean says.

"No, it isn't. We are." Bobby says.

"What?" Dean asks.

"I'm sorry. I can't bite my tongue any longer. We're killing him. Keeping him locked up down there. This cold turkey thing isn't working. If-- if he doesn't get what he needs soon, Sam's not gonna last much longer.

"No. I'm not giving him demon blood. I won't do it."

"And if he dies?"

"Then at least he dies human!"

Dean's shout makes Evie stir and he coaxes her back to sleep before resuming the conversation with Bobby.

"I would die for him in a second, but I won't let him do this to himself. I can't. I guess I found my line. I won't let my brother turn into a monster." Dean says.

+++

Sam got free and the two guys have been looking for him. Bobby and Evie walk out to Dean who is at a car.

"Police found my car. Abandoned in an alley in Jamestown, North Dakota." Bobby informs.

"He's switching up. Any other cars stolen in Jamestown?" Dean asks .

"Two. 1999 Honda Civic, blue. Nice and anonymous, like Sam likes." Bobby says.

"What was the other one?" Dean asks.

"White '05 Escalade with custom rims. It's a neon sign." Bobby says.

"You're right. He'd never take that. Which is exactly what he did." Dean says.

"You think?"

"I know that kid. All right, I'll head in that direction. You stay here, ride the police databases. We gotta find him quick." Dean shuts the hood of the car.

"What about me?" Evie asks. Dean squats in front of her.

"You are going to stay here with Bobby and you're gonna do what he tells you." Dean tells her.

"Is daddy gonna be okay?" Evie asks.

"I'll make sure he is." Dean tells her. He kisses her forehead before getting in the car.

+++

Dean is back at Bobby's house. All Evie knows is him and Sam had a big fight and he didn't get Sam back, only forcing him away.

"Dean? Dean! You listen to a word I said?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him." Dean says, staring out the window.

"Don't make me get my gun, boy." Bobby says and Dean turns to him.

"We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?" Dean asks.

"I know you're pissed. And I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your--"

"Blood? He's my blood, is that what you were gonna say?" Dean asks.

"He's your brother. And he's drowning." Bobby says.

"Bobby, I tried to help him, I did. Look what happened." Dean says.

"So try again." Bobby says.

"It's too late." Dean states.

"There's no such thing."

"No, damn it! No. I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like deja vu all over again." Dean sits down. "Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes, I do, Bobby. Sam's gone. He's gone." Dean states. "I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was."

Evie is sitting on the couch with teary eyes, wanting her dad.

Bobby leans over his desk, fuming, before he angrily sweeps everything off the table, it all going crashing. He goes towards Dean who stands up.

"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch! Well, boo hoo, I am sorry your feelings are hurt, princess! Are you under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good?! Bake you an apple pie, maybe? They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!"

"I told him, "you walk out that door, don't come back" and he walked out anyway! That was his choice!"

"You sound like a whiny brat. No, you sound like your dad. Well, let me tell you something. Your dad was a coward." Bobby says.

"My dad was a lot of things, Bobby, but a coward?" Dean asks.

"He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him. Well, that don't strike me as brave. You are a better man than your daddy ever was. So you do both of us a favor. Don't be him."

All of a sudden Dean disappears, leaving the two in confusion.

"Where'd he go?" Evie asks, hugging her dog.

"I don't know." Bobby mutters. "It was probably the angels." He sighs, starting to pick up the mess when he hears a sniffle. He turns to Evie to see her crying. "Peanut?"

"I want my daddy!" Evie sobs.

Bobby sighs sadly, walking over to her and picking her up, hugging her.

"I know you do, peanut." Bobby rubs her back, doing his best to comfort her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3K 86
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
54.4K 2.3K 101
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-15 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY o...
157K 3K 25
The Winchester's have a little sister by the name of Christina Mary Winchester, she's four. There's no where for her to go, so she tags along on thei...
38.2K 1.4K 56
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-11 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatural...