Firewall {One Direction a.u.}

Galing kay courtneynotcox

I put on my best fake smile. "Good morning Mr. Styles. Mr. Payne says that you needed some assistance with yo... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

Chapter 47

1.2K 25 3
Galing kay courtneynotcox

Harry's POV

Stephen helps me wake Morgan up by jumping on her. I tried to tell her I had something planned to motivate her out of bed, but it's hard to do. It's not a lie because I do have a surprise for the night and I'm thankful when she just goes along with it rather than asking me a million questions like usual.

Christmas was three days ago. I got her a gift certificate for a spa near her, a silk bathrobe and black Gucci Marmont bag. She got me a smartwatch that isn't an Apple watch so it looks a bit nicer for when I'm at work. She complains all the time because I spend money on her. I continue to tell her that it doesn't mean anything because it's the thought that counts, but she still hates it, especially super expensive ones.

Stephen got another mountain of presents from my family and has the promise of even more when his family gets home. Morgan learned her lesson after Stephen's birthday when she had to ship all of his presents to and from here.

Every time I think about her leaving, I get physical pains in my chest. The last thing I want her to do after having the best two weeks is leave. Unfortunately, she has to because classes start soon and she has to prep.

"C'mon darling, I made lunch for us." I, yet again, try to pull her from bed. All I want to do is have her get up and spend more time with me, but she obviously has other plans.

She quickly covers herself with the duvet, making sure to hide her entire body, including her head. "Nope, not moving." Her voice comes from under the blanket.

"It's your favorite." I say in a sing-song voice.

She knows I'm not lying because the smell has taken over the house. "You're too good at this. No one is ever able to get me out of bed." She moves the duvet off her face.

"I know you too well, darling." I lean over and place a kiss on her forehead.

Eventually, not fast enough for me, she gets up and eats the food that was made with love and a pinch of bribery.

Stephen happily eats his bowl full of pasta while sitting next to me, engrossed in a conversation about what he thinks he's getting when the Stevens get back to America. Meanwhile, I see Morgan zoning out. She slowly raises the food to her mouth, eyes staring at a spot on the wall, eyebrows furrowed.

"Morgan?" I ask, making her head snap up from the plate as if she was caught doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing.

She hums in response. I assume not knowing what else to say.

I reach my hand over and grab hers, my thumb running over her knuckles in a soothing way. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just thinking about life." She dismisses me.

Rather than try to force it out of her, I decide to just change the subject and tell her about the surprise, in hopes to take her mind off of wherever it is right now. "Niall and Louis are coming over later to watch Stephen. My surprise is that we're going to karaoke with our families."

Her face breaks out into a smile. She knows my family loves karaoke, but I'm hoping her family is similar and will have a good time with it. "That's amazing. I can't wait!" She wraps her arms around my shoulders and kisses the side of my head, making my heart flutter.

The rest of the afternoon goes the same as the past week. We just hang around my house.

However, Morgan seems like she's in a better mood now that she knows we get to let loose and have fun tonight with our families.

Gemma comes over and the two of them get ready together. I love how well they get along. It makes me happy and hopeful that they'll continue to be close for the rest of our lives.

Thinking back, I was an idiot not to tell her sooner that Brian was my grandad. It wasn't a huge thing, but I remember the look on her face when she found out the first time we were at karaoke together. I chuckle to myself, remembering the different, yet comical, look on her face when Morgan found she had disclosed our sex life to my sister.

I saw Gemma try to sneak a bottle of vodka by me. Not sure why she felt the need to sneak it, I obviously don't care. In fact, I like when Morgan drinks. She becomes super cuddly and affectionate. Most times she is, but something in the alcohol makes it more prominent. Typically, she's a little more timid than most people. The alcohol also helps her let go and relax a little. It's nice to see.

"Good evening ladies, can I get you anything?" I ask, peeking my head into my bathroom. Both girls are standing in the mirror, one doing hair and the other doing makeup. Morgan looks fantastic as usual, but her hair is now down and straight.

"I think we're good, baby bro, thank you though." Gemma responds without tearing her eyes away from the mirror.

Morgan turns around and walks over to me, wrapping her arms under mine and around my waist. She looks up at me with her beautiful brown eyes. "Will you please get me a glass of ice water?" I can smell the vodka on her breath already, making me chuckle.

I lean in, stealing a kiss. "Yes."

"You're the best." She tells me and then turns back around, continuing her conversation with Gemma about her schooling.

Stephen comes up to me and asks to be picked up. It's not hard to see, but he is very attached to me, as I am to him. Even though he's not my son, I love him as if he was. Of course I agree and rest him on my hip while I get Morgan her water.

"Mom, you look nice." He compliments her while handing her the water we just poured for her.

"Thank you, bubs." She gives him a kiss on the forehead and a big smile.

I love watching the two together. She's amazing with him which is not surprising in the slightest. It warms my heart to know that even though his presence in her life was a bit of a surprise, she embraced him and is making the best life for him.

"Let's go and give your mum more girl time." I say to Stephen.

He nods in response and we go sit on the couch, waiting for Niall and Louis to show up.

They burst through the door about thirty minutes before we plan on leaving. Everyone else has showed up or left their rooms, now hanging out in the living room. Charlie and Eli are cuddled up the couch. Thomas, Greg and Mr. Stevens are standing closer to the kitchen, drinking some scotch. My grandma and grandad are speaking with Charlie and Eli while my mum is with the other group.

Finally, Morgan and Gemma make their way out of my room and join everyone. We spend the rest of the time just talking, Morgan sitting on my lap. This indicates to me, aside from her breath still smelling like vodka, that she's getting drunk. She has never shown this level of affection while in the same room as her family.

"Babe," she whispers in my ear, "I can't wait to get home later," her hand trails up the buttons of my shirt, "and show you how much I love you."

I bite my lip, trying not to groan at her insinuation. "Maybe when you sober up a bit, darling." I take her hand off my chest, and give the back of it a kiss.

We finally make it to the bar to start karaoke. The people working immediately recognize us, as this is a typical outing for my family.

The servers come over and get our drink orders while the DJs ask us if we want to start off with a song. I decline for myself, not super into the whole singing thing, but watch as my grandma and grandad go up to do a song.

During the song, Morgan and Gemma take two shots each and get a cocktail for themselves. I just chuckle and sit by, sipping a pint I was given a few minutes previously.

"I want to be that cute old couple doing this." Morgan says dreamily as she watched my grandparents sing "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis.

"If that's what you want, I will make sure that happens." I tell her and leave a kiss on her temple.

"Okay who's next?" She asks her brothers and dad. "You can't let the Brits show us up, c'mon!"

Eli grabs Charlie and forces him to the stage. They start to sing "Summer Lovin'" from Grease. Throughout the song, Morgan sits on my lap. I love it. I love that she wants to be close to me and touching me at all times, like I want to.

It does however break my heart because she leaves in a few days. Every part of me wishes she could stay and move permanently in with me. She would have a guaranteed job and Stephen would fit in perfectly here. I also wouldn't mind moving to be with her, but she refuses to move in with me until we're engaged. Then, she refuses to get engaged until she's out of school. This path is who she is and who she wants to be in the future and I fully support her, it just gets frustrating.

After other patrons of the place sing their songs, Gemma convinces Morgan to get up and sing with her. I can already tell this is going to be a shit-show, as they are both intoxicated.

They choose the one that I immediately recognize. The song is "No Scrubs" by TLC. Everyone in our group laughs and waits for the words to begin.

I soak in the performance, loving the excitement that my sister and girlfriend share. They both prance around the stage, thoroughly entertaining the entire bar.

"Thank God our boyfriends aren't scrubs!" Gemma yells into the microphone after the song finishes.

Morgan walks over to me and sits in my lap for the third time today. "I'm so glad you're not a scrub, babe." She says and then kisses me a little more intimately than she should while we're in public.

"Oh jeez." Her dad speaks with a soft chuckle. "I've never seen her wasted before, but man is she hammered."

"Yes I am." Morgan looks at him with a drunk smile.

The rest of the night continues the same, although Morgan stops drinking. Everyone has a good time. Eventually, my mum and her dad go up on stage and sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper, obviously trying to embarrass all of their children.

We get home and find Stephen, Niall and Louis passed out on the couch, pints of, now melted, ice cream scattered on the floor. I swear if one of my mates stained my carpet, I'm going to kill them.

Morgan's family scatters to their own rooms, all pretty tipsy or drunk still.

"I wanna say 'hi' to Stephen." Morgan speaks as she's on her way over.

"Maybe not now, darling. You'll see him in the morning. Let's wait until then."

She huffs and crosses her arms in front of her chest, giving me a pouty look. "But he's so cute. Look at his chubby little cheeks. I love him." Her face softens as she speaks.

"And his cheeks will be just as chubby tomorrow morning. Let him, Niall, and Louis sleep off the sugar rush. I want to see who has a worse hangover at this point."

"Hey," Morgan pouts again, "that's mean. I won't have a hangover. I don't get them."

I scoff. "You lie. You've had a hangover before and I know because I witnessed it."

She giggles to herself and continues to drink her water. A few minutes pass and she starts to laugh again, leaving me clueless.

"What's so funny?" I give her a weird look.

Immediately she stops. "Nothing."

That response peaks my interest even more. "C'mon, darling. Tell me what's funny. I want to laugh too." I fake pouted in hopes she would actually tell me.

"I," more giggles slip past her lips, "I um," another fit of laughter, "I lost the bet on purpose."

My heart sinks. "You what?"

"I lost that stupid soccer bet on purpose."

Something in my mind goes off and tells me to be angry. I'm not sure why, but it's stupid. Why would she do that? I wouldn't want to win just because she threw it.

"Babe," she puts her hands on my cheeks, forcing me to look at her. Her eyes giving away that she was sobering up, "I did it because I wanted to go on the date. Don't be upset."

I scratch my head and take a step back. "Sorry, I'm not sure why I got upset."

"Did I hurt your fragile masculinity?" She teases, still clearly coming down from being drunk.

Scoffing, I pull her body back into mine and give her a kiss. "You could never, my love."

Morgan finishes her water and we make our way to our room. She strips down to her underwear, takes off her bra and puts on one of my larger t-shirts. Damn does she look good in my clothes, or everything for that matter.

"You really are the best boyfriend out there." She tells me with her whole heart. "I love you so much. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

My heart flutters in my chest. Hearing her say that will never get old. I will never get tired of being around her or with her. "I love you more, darling. I love you more." I lean in and plant my lips on hers.

She leans her body closer, pushing my back on the bed and climbing on top of me. My hands stay on her hips, making sure not to let them travel. Any other night would be different, but she's still a little drunk and I can't take advantage of that.

Her hands stay on my face, thumbs gently rubbing my cheekbones, making me hum in delight. That's my second favorite thing she does to me during these moments, aside from playing with my hair.

We both fall asleep eventually, smiles on our faces.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

84.7K 1.8K 37
SUMMARY (Y/N) moves to Cheshire after her parents divorce, she now lives with her mother in a rich part of a town called Holmes Chapel. With...
158K 2.8K 62
I quickly get into my car and drive to the downtown Starbucks. When I arrive there is only me, a tall blonde chick, and a dark haired man. This man w...
77.3K 2.5K 28
Harry Styles. If you saw him in the street you wouldn't know who he is. He works at an intelligence agency knows as the IICF (international investiga...
983 10 54
Harry Styles/One Direction FanFic Recent high school graduate Olivia Hartman never thought community college would be part of her plan. In fact, she...