Lovely Δ SPN [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO N... More

cast
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
book two

chapter fifty

2K 59 6
By maybankwalker

They're in the motel after finding Castiel's vessel Jimmy at the aftermath of an angel fight. Jimmy sits and basically devours a burger and fries while the brothers sit on either side from him, across from each other, and Evie is on Sam's lap.

"You mind slowing down? You're gonna give me angina." Dean says.

"I'm hungry." Jimmy defends.

"When's the last time you ate?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Months." Jimmy says. He hums in delight, continuing to eat.

"Are we just gonna stare at him the whole time he eats?" Evie asks.

"What the hell happened back there? It looked like an angel battle royale." Sam says.

"All I remember is a flash of light and I, uh... I woke up and I was just, you know, like, me again." Jimmy says.

"So, what? Cas just ditched out of your meat suit?" Dean asks.

"I really don't know." Jimmy says.

"You remember anything about being possessed? Anything at all?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, bits and pieces. I mean, angel inside of you, it's kinda like being chained to a comet." Jimmy says.

"Ah, that doesn't sound like much fun." Dean says.

"Understatement." Jimmy says.

"Cas said he wanted to tell us something. Please tell me you remember that." Sam says.

"Sorry." Jimmy apologizes.

"Come on, what do you know?" Dean asks.

"My name is Jimmy Novak. I'm from Pontiac, Illinois. I have a family."

~ ~ ~

"So, what do we do?" Sam asks as the brothers stand by the car while Jimmy's in the room and Sam is holding Evie.

"What do you mean? The guy's got a family. We buy him a bus ticket, send him home." Dean says like it's obvious.

"I don't know about that. Dean, he's the only lead we got." Sam says.

"He doesn't know anything." Dean says.

"Are you 100% about that?" Sam asks.

"You think he's lying? What, you wanna go Guantanamo on the guy?" Dean asks.

"Dena, maybe he doesn't even know what he knows?"

"Huh?"

"I say, at least we get him to Bobby's. Maybe all he needs is hypnosis or a psychic. Or hell, maybe Cas will just drop back into him."

"I don't know, man."

"Dean, back there, that was angel on angel violence. Now, I don't know what's going on, but it's big. And we can't just let the only lead we got just skip out." Dean shakes his head. "What?"

"You remember when our job was helping people? Like, getting them back to their families?" Dean asks.

"You think I don't want to help him? I'm just being realistic. I mean, hell, we're doing him a favor." Sam says.

"How?" Dean asks.

"Dean, if we want to question the guy, you can damn well bet the demons do, too."

~ ~ ~

"The hell are you talking about, I can't go home?" Jimmy asks after they get back to the room. Him and Dean are standing, facing each other while Sam is sat on the end of one of the beds with Evie on his lap.

"There's a good chance you have a bull's eye on your back." Dean says.

"What? From who?" Jimmy asks.

"Demons." Dean states.

"Come on, that's crazy. What do they want with me?" Jimmy asks.

"I don't know, information, maybe?" Dean shrugs.

"I don't know anything." Jimmy says.

"I don't think they really care." Evie says.

"I know, but--" Jimmy cuts Dean off.

"Look, I'm done, okay? With demons, angels, all of it. I just want to go home."

"We understand." Dean says.

"I don't think that you do understand. I've been shot and stabbed and healed, and my body has been dragged all over the earth. By some miracle, I'm out, and I am done. I've given enough, okay?" Jimmy says.

"LOok, all we're saying is that until we figure this out, the safest place is with us." Sam says.

"How long?" Jimmy asks.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Sam says. Jimmy tries to leave, but Sam puts Evie down, and blocks the door from him.

"Where are you going?" Dean asks.

"To see my wife and daughter, okay?" Jimmy says.

"No, you're not. You're just going to put those people in danger." Sam says.

"So, what, now I'm a prisoner?" Jimmy asks.

"Harsh way to put it." Sam says.

+++

It's the next morning and Jimmy left during the night.

"Dean, would you hurry up?" Sam impatiently asks, packing his bag. Dean walks out of the bathroom, laughing while brushing his teeth. "Sorry, uh, this is funny to you?"

"Mr. Big bad prison guard, Jimmy McMook give you the slip? Yeah, it's pretty funny. What were you doing, anyway?" Dean asks.

"I was getting a coke." Sam says.

"Was it a refreshing coke?" Dean asks.

"Can we just go, please?" Sam asks.

"You're grumpy." Evie tells her dad and Dean chuckles, walking back into the bathroom.

"Yeah, thanks for letting me know." Sam grumbles.

+++

Dean is driving and the brothers are talking or anything.

"Hey, guys." Dean yells in surprise at Anna's voice while Evie screams, dropping her dog, looking at the redhead with wide eyes. Dean swerves some before getting back on track. "Smooth."

"You ever try calling ahead?" Dean asks.

"I like the element of surprise." Anna says. She notices Evie bending as far over as she can to reach for her dog, but failing. Anna picks the dog up and gives it back to Evie who hugs it.

"Well, you look terrific." Dean tells her.

"Um, yeah, not the most appropriate time, Dean. You let Jimmy get away?" Anna asks.

"Talk to ginormo here." Dean gestures to Sam.

"Sam. You seem different." Anna says after staring at him for a few moments.

"Me? I don't know. A haircut?" Sam shrugs.

"That's not what I'm talking about." Anna says, still staring at Sam who looks away. She looks at Dena. "So, what'd Jimmy tell you? He remember anything?"

"Why? What's going on?" Dean asks.

"It's Cas. He got sent back home. Well, more like dragged back." Anna informs.

"To Heaven? That's not a good thing?" Dean asks.

"No. That's a very bad thing. Painfully, awfully bad. He must have seriously pissed someone off." Anna says.

"Cas said he had something to tell me. Something important." Dean says.

"What?" Anna asks.

"I don't know." Dean shrugs.

"Does Jimmy know?"

"I don't think so."

"You don't think so? Whatever it is, it's huge. You gotta find out for sure."

"That's why we're going after Jimmy." Sam says.

"That's why you shouldn't have let him go in the first place. He's probably dead already." Anna says.

+++

They got Jimmy and his family away from demons at their house. They're now in a parking garage and his wife, Amelia, and daughter, Claire, are in the backseat, the latter asleep.

The guys are standing next to the car and Sam is holding Evie.

"You were right." Jimmy says.

"I'm sorry we were." Dean says.

"I'm telling you, I don't know anything." Jimmy says.

"I don't think they're inclined to believe you." Dean says.

"And even if they did, you're a vessel. They're still gonna wanna know what makes you tick." Sam says.

"Which means vivisection, if they're feeling generous." Dean says.

"What's that?" Evie asks.

"You don't need or want to know, shortcake." Dean tells her.

"I'm gonna tell you once again, you're putting your family in danger. You have to come with us." Sam tells Jimmy.

"How long? And don't give me that "cross the bridge when we get to it" crap." Jimmy says.

"Don't you get it? Forever. The demons will never stop. You can never be with your family. So you either get as far away from them as possible or you put a bullet in your head. And that's how you keep your family safe. But there's no getting out and there's no going home." Sam tells him.

"Well, don't sugarcoat it, Sam." Dean says.

"I'm just telling him the truth, Dean. Someone has to." Sam bites.

+++

They're at a warehouse and Jimmy said bye to Amelia and Claire only to get a call from Amelia-- who was possessed-- a little bit later. The three guys get out of the car, Sam making Evie stay inside.

"Alright, they're expecting you to come alone. That's exactly what you're gonna do." Dean says.

"We'll work our way through the catwalks. We'll be right behind you." Sam says.

"All you gotta do is stay calm and stall. Let us do our job." Dean says.

"You want me to stay calm? This is my family we're talking about." Jimmy says.

"Listen to me, this will work. You understand? Nobody's gonna get hurt." Dean tells him.

"Yeah, whatever. Give me a minute, okay?" Jimmy says, walking away.

"There's no way they're expecting him to come alone, Dean. You know this is probably a trap." Sam says.

"Yeah, I know. That's why I have a plan." Dean states.

~ ~ ~

Evie was in the Impala when a demon kidnapped her and carries her into the warehouse while another demon drags Dean in and two more demons drag Sam in.

"Nice plan, Dean." Sam snarks.

"Yeah, well, nobody bats 1,000." Dean says.

"Got the knife?" Amelia asks and one of the demons holding Sam holds up Ruby's knife. "And you know what's funny?"

"You wearing a soccer mom." Dean says.

"Is I was actually bummed to get this detail, picking up an empty vessel. Sort of like a milk run. Now look who landed in my lap." Amelia says.

"Yeah, well, you got us, okay? Let these people go." Sam says.

"Oh, Sam. It's easy to act chivalrous when your Wonder Girl powers aren't working, huh? Now for the punch line. Everybody dies." Amelia aims a gun at Sam. Dean watches nervously before Amelia turns to Jimmy, shooting him in the gut. She turns to the male demon holding Sam. "Waste little orphan Annie."

Amelia leaves while the demon walks over to Claire's knocked out body tied to a chair. He picks up a pipe and swings it at Claire, only for her to wake up and grab it with one hand, placing the other on his forehead, killing him.

Sam and Dean begin fighting their demons while Evie is stuck in the hold of the demon who captured her. The demon keeps her still making sure Sam and Dean don't get the upper hand on the demons they're fighting and attack her. The demon turns to look at where Claire, possessed by Castiel, is and is surprised to find her right in front of her. Castiel places a hand to her forehead, killing her. She drops dead, Evie falling to the ground as well.

"Owww." The 5 year old whines.

Castiel goes over to where Dean is fighting his demon who has the upper hand, and Evie follows him. Claire kills the demon and he falls to the side, dead. Dean stands up, checking on Evie, luckily finding no blood or anything broken.

The three look at where Sam is on top of the demon who had him, and Sam cuts the neck of the demon and drinks her blood. He turns around, his mouth all bloody, to see Dean, Evie, and Castiel staring at him in horror. Dean subconsciously places his hand on Evie's shoulder, holding her closer to him as she hugs his leg.

Sam turns back around and stabs the demon. He stands and turns to the other three, raising his hand, making Dean push Evie behind him completely. He realizes Sam isn't aiming his hand at them and turns to see Amelia running up to them. Dean quickly picks Evie up, backing away. Sam exorcises Amelia who falls to the ground.

Castiel walks away and Dean rushes to Amelia, holding her up from completely lying on the ground. He gets up and they walk over to where Castiel is with Jimmy, Sam following while wiping his mouth.

Amelia can walk on her own so Dean lets go of her, keeping a protective grip on Evie.

"I wanna make sure you understand. You won't die or age. If this last year was painful for you, picture 100, a 1,000 more like it." Castiel tells Jimmy.

"It doesn't matter. You take me. Just take me." Jimmy says.

"As you wish." Castiel says.

Castiel touches Jimmy's face and a bright light escapes from Jimmy's eyes and mouth. Evie squints, hiding her face in Dean's shoulder. After the change, Claire drops to her hands and knees, gasping. Castiel, now in Jimmy's body, stands up, walking past Amelia who rushes to Claire and hugs her. Castiel and Amelia stare at each other for a few moments before Castiel starts to leave.

"Cas, hold up. What were you gonna tell me?" Dean asks.

"I learned my lesson while I was away, Dean. I serve Heaven, I don't serve man, and I certainly don't serve you." Castiel leaves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.6K 17
→ ❝ oh, sweet child of mine! ❞ If being bound meant she was incomplete: she would much rather have been alone. [COMPLETED] supernatural / n...
56.4K 1.7K 62
[ supernatural -- seasons 12-15 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's...
2.1K 54 19
Book 2 It's been five months since Sam walked through the Lazy Dayz diner door and met his Niece Daniella Taylor. Their relationship has been getting...
157K 3K 25
The Winchester's have a little sister by the name of Christina Mary Winchester, she's four. There's no where for her to go, so she tags along on thei...