Lovely Δ SPN [ 1 ]

Od maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO N... Více

cast
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
book two

chapter forty-six

2K 62 18
Od maybankwalker

It's nighttime and Dean is looking through newspapers in the front seat with a flashlight. Sam is lying in the backseat, asleep, and Evie is lying on top of him, her dog lightly clasped in her hold, also asleep.

Sam wakes up, seeing Dean with the flashlight.

"What are you doing?" Sam quietly asks.

"What's it look like I'm doing?" Dean asks.

"Like you're looking for a job." Sam says.

"Yahtzee." Dean says. Sam carefully sits up, holding Evie to his chest so she doesn't move to much. She stirs a little from the movement, but stays asleep.

"We just finished a job like two hours ago."

"Adrenaline's still pumping, I guess. So, what do you think? Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, or Chi-Town?"

"I am all for working. I really am. But you got us chasing cases nonstop for like a month now. We need sleep."

"Yeah, we can sleep when we're dead."

"You're exhausted, Dean."

"I'm good."

"No, you're not. You're running on fumes, and you can't run forever."

"And what am I running from?"

"From what you told me." Sam states, referring to how Dean told him about Hell. "Or we pretending that never happened?"

"Stratton, Nebraska. Farm town. A man gets hacked to death in a locked room inside a locked house. No signs of forced entry." Dean informs.

"Sounds like it does."

"Yes, it does." Dean nods. Sam sighs and gently lays back down, careful not to wake Evie up.

+++

They get to the house and go inside, Sam holding Evie's hand.

"Boy, three bedrooms, two baths, and one homicide. This place is gonna sell like hotcakes." Dean says as they make their way to the kitchen. "Hey, check this out." Dean knocks on a part of the wall to find it hollow.

"It's probably a dumbwaiter. All these old houses had them." Sam says.

"Know-it-all." Dean mutters.

"What?" Sam asks.

"What?"

"You said..."

"What?"

"You said he was a know-it-all." Evie pipes up, looking between the two.

"Exactly." Sam points to Evie with his free hand.

"Thanks, Evie. Remind me to never tell you a secret." Dean says, leaving the kitchen. Evie shrugs. They follow Dean and walk into a bedroom.

"Well, no bloodstains, fresh coat of paint, it's a bunch of bubkes." Dean says.

"Needle's all over the place." Sam says, looking at the EMF reader.

"Yeah-- power lines." Dean states, looking out the window. Sam puts the reader up.

"Great." He sighs. He goes over to the closet and opens it and they find a doll on the floor. "Ugh."

"Well, that's super disturbing." Dean says.

"It's worse than the scary doll the bully has in Toy Story." Evie says, slightly hiding behind her dad.

"Think it got left behind?" Sam asks.

"By who? Unless Bill Gibson likes to play with doll heads." Dean says. Before Sam can say anything, they hear a car pull up. They go to the window and see a car driving up, followed by a moving truck.

"Uh-oh." Sam mumbles.

"I thought you said this place was still for sale." Dean says.

"Apparently, it's not." Sam says.

They head outside.

"Get in the car, Evie." Sam tells her and she does so while the brothers walk over to the family.

+++

After hearing screaming, they rush to the house-- since they were sitting outside of it in the car-- and Sam is holding Evie. Ted opens the door.

"We heard screams. What's going on?" Dean asks as the two rush in.

"Oh, you two! Did you touch my daughter?!" Brian asks.

"What? No." Dean immediately denies.

"Who are you guys?" Brian asks.

"Relax, please. You have a ghost." Sam says.

"A ghost?" Brian asks.

"I told you!" Kate exclaims.

"It's the girl!" Danny states.

"Both of you, relax. What are you guys playing?" Brian asks.

"Your family's in danger. You need to get out of the house now." Dean states. Just then the lights go out, leaving them in the dark.

"What the hell?" Ted mutters.

"Nobody move!" Dean orders. They hear the dog yelping somewhere outside.

"Buster!" Danny yells.

Brian and Ted race to the door, Sam and Dean following, Sam still holding Evie.

"Buster! Buster? Buster!" Brian calls. They jog down the porch, looking around. They stop near the side of the house when they come across a blood trail. They slowly follow it until they see the words "TOO LATE" painted in blood on the moving truck.

"What the hell?" Ted mumbles as the kids and Susan run onto the porch.

"Buster!" Danny shouts.

"Go back inside. Go!" Brian tells them and they do so.

"We are not the bad guys, but you're in danger." Dean tells them.

"First thing's first. You got to get your family out of here." Sam states.

"Head to the motel I was talking about. You'll be safe there." Dean says as everybody walks over to the vehicles.

"What are you two gonna do?" Brian asks. Dean doesn't answer, seeing the Impala's wheels slashed.

"Oh, no! Oh, come on! Oh, come on!" Dean exclaims as Sam looks in the trunk.

Ted and Brian look and see the tires on their car and the moving truck slashed as well.

"Dude, the guns are gone. So is the... basically, everything is gone." Sam states, closing the trunk.

"Truck's no good." Ted says.

"Both tires slashed." Brian states.

"What kind of ghosts messes with a man's wheels?!" Dean yells.

"What's going on? What's going on?" Kate asks, panicked. Suddenly she screams. "She's there! She's there!"

"Where?!" Susan asks as they all look out where Kate was looking.

"She was right there in the woods!" Kate states.

"What's a ghost doing outside?" Dean asks his brother.

"You want to stay and find out?" Sam asks.

"Everybody inside." Dean says.

"Are you crazy? We need to get the hell out of here!" Ted states.

"In what?! This ghost is hunting us! Everybody back inside now! Move!" Dean demands and they all do.

~ ~ ~

"Whatever's outside, it can't get in this circle. As long as the salt line is unbroken, this is the safest place to be." Dean says as Sam makes a circle of salt.

"Safe from ghosts?" Brian asks.

"Yes, as a matter of fact." Dean says.

"Okay. I'm not listening to this anymore. Come on. I got to get my family out of here. Let's go." Brian says.

"Nobody's going anywhere until we kill this thing." Dean says.

"Sir, please. This is what we do. Just... trust us." Sam tells him.

"You hunt ghosts?" Danny asks.

"That's right." Dean nods.

"Like Scooby-Doo?" Danny asks, smiling. Sam laughs a tiny bit.

"Better." Dean says.

"You saw her outside, right?" Sam asks Kate who nods. "Okay. Does she look like either one of the girls?" He shows her two pictures.

"Her." Kate points to one of the pictures. "She was paler and a lot dirtier, but that was her."

"That's the girl in the walls." Danny says.

"So it's the daughter?" Sam quietly asks.

"That girl in the picture-- she-she's dead?" Susan asks.

"She killed herself inside this house." Sam informs.

"So, what? The maid got her story wrong? Rebecca wasn't cremated?" Dean asks.

"Unless her spirit's just attached to something inside the house." Sam says.

"She hung herself in the attic, right?" Dean asks.

"You want to babysit? I'll check it out." Sam says.

"Look-- I don't care who hung themselves where. Maybe something is going on here, but--" Dean cuts Ted off.

"It's a spirit, man."

"No, it's just some backwoods hillbilly bitch, and I'm not about to sit around here waiting for her to go all Deliverance on my ass." Ted states.

"Well, nobody's leaving the house." Dean says.

"Stop me." Ted states, starting to leave. Dean grabs him and shoves him against the wall. Brian tries to intervene, but Sam stops him.

"Listen, man. I've got a gun. You don't get your ass back in that circle, you're gonna have yourself a third hole." Dean threatens. Ted walks back to the circle and Sam walks over to Dean.

"Dude, you don't have a gun." Sam whispers.

"And? I'm not letting that bastard or anyone else die tonight." Dean states.

"You cool?" Sam asks.

"Go." Dean tells him.

Sam glances at Evie and Dean starts to take her.

"But, I want you, daddy." Evie pouts, holding onto him.

"I know, but you're safer here. I'm gonna go look at something and I'll be right back." Sam gently tells her, letting Dean take her. Sam leaves.

"What, am I that bad?" Dean asks.

"No. You're just not daddy." Evie says.

"Fair enough." Dean mutters.

~ ~ ~

"Hey, Fonzie. Question for you. This indestructible force field made out of salt. Have to be kosher stuff or what?" Ted asks. Dean is somewhat pacing and holding something made of iron. He has Evie in his other arm and she's half asleep.

"Knock it off, Ted." Susan tells him. They hear a sound making them all stand and become alert.

"What was that?" Kate asks. They look around and see the closet opening, a girl walking out of it. Dean pats Evie's side a few times, waking her up, and puts her down, putting her behind him.

"All right, everybody stay calm. She's a ghost. She can't come in the circle." Dean assures. They watch as the girl walks closer to the circle. When she's just outside, a knife slides out of her sleeve and she holds it. She steps over the line of salt.

"I thought you said ghosts couldn't cross the circle." Kate says.

"They can't. She's not a ghost." Dean says.

"Shoot her! Shoot her!" Ted yells.

"Yeah, about that..." Dean trails off. "Go, go, go! Move!" The family runs away while Evie only backs up closer to the fireplace. She watches as Dean fights the girl, holding her dog tightly out of fear.

"Hey!" She hears and looks to see Sam in the entrance to the living room. He shines the flashlight on the girl who runs back into the closet, shutting wherever she came out from.

"Why didn't you run?" Dean asks Evie while Sam looks in the closet.

"I... I don't know." Evie mumbles, teary eyed, sniffling.

"Okay... it's okay." Dean softly tells her, realizing she's going to start crying if he gets mad at her. Sam walks over and Evie immediately rushes to him and he picks her up.

They make their way outside and Brian runs up to them.

"Hey. You okay?" Brian asks.

"Where is everybody?" Dean asks.

"Hiding." Brian states.

"All right, go get them. Go. Go get them." Dean tells him and he goes to get his family. "So, it's not a ghost."

"So, it's just a girl?" Sam asks.

"It's not just a girl. It's psycho Nell. I'm telling you man-- humans." Dean says.

"So who is she, then?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Maybe it's the daughter, Rebecca. Maybe she didn't hang herself."

"Dude, no. She'd have to be like 50 years old by now."

"Well, I don't know. What'd you find in the attic?"

"Some old junk. I found Rebecca's diary. That's about it."

"I wish you'd found a howitzer. Listen, we got to get this family safe. I mean, it's just human, so they can make a run for it. We just got to hold her off."

"Danny! Ted! We got to go!" Brian yells, returning with his wife and daughter.

"I'm good!" Ted assures, jogging up to them.

"Danny! Come on!" Susan calls.

"Danny, buddy, we got to go!" Brian yells.

"Told you it was some crazy bitch." Ted says.

"Yes, you did." Dean says.

"You're not very nice." Evie tells Ted.

"Head to town." Sam immediately states, seeing that Ted was going to retort to his daughter. He isn't in the mood to punch somebody he's trying to save. "We'll take care of it from here, okay?"

"Danny, come on, baby! We're leaving!" Susan yells, but still gets nothing.

"Danny, we got to go!" Brian yells.

"Brian, where-- where is he?"

"Danny!"

"Danny!" Susan starts to walk away to look for him, but Brian stops her.

"Suse, Suse, Suse. We will find Danny, I promise you."

"No."

"No. Take Kate and go now Now, while you still have a chance."

"Not without Danny."

"We will find him."

"I am not going out there with mom alone." Kate says.

"She's right. Until we find your son, the safest place for you right now is in the shed." Dean says.

"I am not going in there either." Kate says.

"Yes, you are. It is the best defense. The windows are boarded up, it's got one door, it's our best shot right now. Trust me." Dean says.

"Suse, Kate, go. Go." Brian tells them.

"Evie, go with them." Sam tells her, putting her down.

"But--"

"Go." Sam tells her. "Your dog will protect you while I'm gone." He tells her. Susan-- who stopped Kate from rushing off to the shed after hearing Sam tell Evie what to do-- holds her hand out for the young girl. Evie takes the woman's hand and the three females go to the shed.

+++

They're in the shed and now Brian and Sam are with them. Sam is holding Evie, who is still sniffling from having cried earlier. She's hugging her dog and her head is resting against Sam's collarbone while he rests his chin on her head, rubbing her back.

"Look, why are we just standing here? Let's go in. Let's check the house." Brian says.

"We have to wait for those guys to get back, okay?" Sam tells him and there's a knock on the door.

"Sam, it's me." Dean calls.

"Help me out." Sam tells Brian. The two move the table holding the door shut out of the way, Sam managing to do it with one hand. Dean walks in.

"Did you get Danny?" Susan asks.

"No." Dean answers.

"No? Well, where's Ted?" Susan asks.

"He's outside." Dean says. He looks at Sam who understands.

"Well, why doesn't he come inside?" Susan asks.

"Because I had to carry him out. I'm sorry."

"You're... what does that mean? What does that mean, you're sorry?"

"Are you saying he's dead?" Brian asks.

"No. No, he's not saying that he's dead. You're not saying that, are you?" Susan asks.

"We were in the walls and she attacked." Dean says. Susan begins crying, turning into Brian's chest who hugs her. "And I couldn't get to him in time."

"Uncle Ted is dead?" Kate asks.

"I shouldn't have left him alone. I'm very sorry." Dean leaves.

~ ~ ~

Sam is reading Rebecca's diary and holding a half asleep Evie. It's late, making her tired, but she's too scared to actually fall asleep.

"We'll find him, Suse. We will." Brian promises.

"Where else is there to look? Danny's dead, isn't he?" Susan asks.

"No, Suse." Brian objects.

"He is. Why not? She killed my brother. Now she killed my son." Susan cries.

"No, Danny is alive."

"No, no, he isn't."

"Yes, he is. Do you remember what he said about the girl who lived in the walls? She said he could stay."

"No. No. I just don't understand why this happens to us. I mean, we're good people. We're a good family."

"What happened to Andy happened, okay? I cannot change that. But I will find Danny, I promise you. And when I do, we are gonna be fine. You and me, the kids, we're gonna be fine."

"Okay."

~ ~ ~

Sam walks outside, still holding Evie. He doesn't want to bring her outside, but she refuses to be put down.

"We gotta talk." Sam tells his brother who is outside the house with Brian. The two brothers walk inside, standing in the living room.

"What is that?" Dean asks, motioning to the book in Sam's hand.

"Rebecca's diary. I just finished reading it." Sam says.

"And?" Dean asks.

"That girl back there? Pretty sure she was Rebecca's daughter." Sam says while Evie plays with his hair.

"Rebecca had a kid?" Dean asks.

"It's all she talks about. Being pregnant, being ashamed of being pregnant."

"Jeez, rent Juno and get over it. Wait, why kill herself after the baby?"

"Maybe because her dad called her a dirty little whore and said he was gonna lock the baby up." Sam says.

"Why would he say that?" Dean asks. Sam doesn't say anything and Dean soon understands. "Oh, gross."

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"What's gross?" Evie tiredly asks.

"Nothing." The brothers tell her.

"So the daddy was the baby daddy too?" Dean asks.

"Dude was a monster, Dean." Sam states.

"Wow, a story ripped from an Austrian headline. Humans, man. So she's been locked up her whole life?" He asks.

"You saw her eyes. Has she ever seen light? She's barely human." Sam says.

"Okay, so, what, then, she's been caged up like an animal and she busts out and ganks dear old dad? Slash granddad?"

"I guess."

"Well, can't say I blame her."

"I'm sure her life was hell, Dean. It doesn't mean she gets a free pass for murder."

"Like you know what Hell's like."

"I didn't..."

"Forget it."

"So where do we find her?"

"Kid's gotta eat, right?"

"What?"

"He kept her hidden, locked up, but he had to feed her, didn't he?"

"I guess."

"I think I know where."

+++

Sam put Evie back in the shed with Susan and Kate while he, Dean, and Brian try to get Danny.

Susan is currently comforting Kate while Evie stands against a wall, tightly hugging her dog. One of the boarded up windows begins to get broken making the three scream.

Susan grabs a rake and Kate has her arms around Evie while they nervously stare at the window. A knife comes through the wall behind them making them scream.

"Mom." Kate calls after a box against the wall moves. Susan shoves Kate behind her, Kate holding onto a crying Evie. Susan tries to hold the wall with the rake.

Eventually, the girl breaks down the wall, Susan getting caught underneath. As the girl is about to stab Susan, she's yanked out.

"Mom! Come on, mom!" Kate yells, helping her mother up and they hold onto each other. Susan wraps an arm around Evie, keeping her close to them. They listen as the girl there is stabbing and the girl is screaming. There's a pounding on the door making them scream.

"Suse!" Brian calls from outside. Susan lets go of Evie and her and Kate rush to the door and move the table. Susan opens the door to reveal Brian holding a bloody knife.

They go over to the house where Danny is and him, Susan, and Kate sit on the stairs. Evie stands by the bottom of the stairs, looking up when she hears running. Sam spots her and changes his direction from Brian to her. She holds her arms up and he instantly picks her up, gently shushing her as she cries.

"Hey, you're okay now." He gently whispers, rocking her a little. He looks over at Dean and Brian and sees the girl's body.

+++

It's the next day and Dean just finished fixing the Impala and Sam puts the duffel bag into the repacked trunk and he's holding Evie.

"Thanks for the head start." Dean tells the couple.

"Why doesn't it surprise me you guys don't like the police?" Brian asks.

"It's sort of a mutual appreciation thing, really." Sam says.

"Well, thank you." Brian tells them.

"Thank you." Susan says.

"You okay?" Dean asks.

"No, we're the opposite of okay, but we're together." Susan says as her and Brian hold hands. "Thanks." She tells the Winchesters again.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

65.8K 2.4K 105
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
396K 9.7K 37
(SLOW BURN) - ❝I've done things. Things I can't forgive myself for. And I don't want to tell you guys, because I'm afraid you won't be able to forgiv...
27.6K 1K 71
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
108K 3.6K 17
→ ❝ oh, sweet child of mine! ❞ If being bound meant she was incomplete: she would much rather have been alone. [COMPLETED] supernatural / n...