Lovely Δ SPN [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO N... More

cast
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
book two

chapter forty-two

2.2K 69 32
By maybankwalker

Sam is on the couch in the motel on his laptop and he has a few books. Evie is sitting next to him working on school. Dean walks in and tosses his keys on the table and eats a piece of candy.

"Really? After that guy choked down all those razor blades?" Sam asks.

"It's Halloween, man." Dean says. He holds a couple pieces of candy out to Evie who goes to take them, but Sam grabs her hands and puts them on her lap.

"No candy." Sam tells her.

"Oh, come on, Sammy. Don't be such a dud. She's a kid, kids love candy." Dean says.

"Don't care." Sam mutters.

"Come on, anti-fun guy. Besides she just turned 5, she deserves some. It is her birthday week." Dean states.

"Don't care." Sam repeats.

"Please, daddy." Evie looks up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." Sam sighs, relenting. "But just today."

"Yeah, no, totally." Dean says with no intention of listening. He gives Evie a few pieces of candy and she immediately starts to unwrap and eat them.

"If she gets sick, you're dealing with the mess." Sam tells his brother.

"Sure, candy hater." Dean says and Sam glares at him, but he just smiles back. "It was just her birthday and It's Halloween. Let the kid have some fun." Dean lowers his voice, glancing at Evie who chews her second piece of candy.

"For us every day is Halloween." Sam says.

"Stop being a downer. Anything interesting?" Dean nods to the laptop, changing the subject.

"Well, we're on a witch hunt, that's for sure, but this isn't your typical hex bag." Sam says. He points to the open hex bag they found at the victim's house. There's a silver piece that's the size of a coin and something small and charged and something organic looking that Evie thinks it looks like a dried up flower.

"Hmm, no?" Dean asks. Sam picks up the dried flower looking piece.

"Goldthread, an herb that's been extinct for 200 years. And this--" Sam puts that down and picks the silver up. "is Celtic, and I don't mean some new age knock-off. It looks like the real deal, like 600 years old real." Sam puts that down as Dean picks up the charred object. "And um... that is the charred metacarpal bone of a newborn baby."

"Ugh." Dean grimaces, putting the bone down. "Gross." Sam picks the bone up.

"Relax man, it's like, at least 100 years old." Sam says.

"Oh, right, like that makes it better? Witches, man, they're so friggin skeevy." Dean says. He moves to the chair next to the couch and sits down.

"Yeah, well it takes a pretty powerful one to put a bag like this together. More juice than we've ever dealt with, that's for sure. What about you? Find anything on the victim?" Sam asks.

"This Luke Wallace? He was so vanilla that he made vanilla seem spicy." Dean says. "I can't find any reason why somebody would want this guy dead."

+++

Evie is with Dean while they sit in the Impala outside of the Wallace house. Dean let her sit in the front seat since he isn't driving too soon. They're both binge eating candy and Dean stops, feeling full, while Evie continues.

Dean's phone rings and sees it's Sam before he answers it. "Hey."

"How's it going?" Sam asks.

"Awesome, yeah, I talked with Mrs. Razor Blade again. I've been sitting out in front of her house and I've got a big, steamy pile of nothing." Dean states.

"Look Dean, someone planted those hex bags, someone with access to both houses. There's gotta be some connection." Sam says.

"Yeah, well I hope we find 'em soon cause I'm starting to cramp like a-- son of a bitch." Evie looks up where Dean is looking and sees a blonde teenage girl walking up to the Wallace house.

"Quit whining." Sam tells him.

"No, Sam, I mean, son of a bitch." Dean states.

They watch as the girl knocks on the door and her and Mrs. Wallace talk while the mother hands the teen the baby.

+++

They get back to the motel and Evie slightly trudges, not walking as normal as usual.

"So, our apple bobbing cheerleader?" Sam asks as Dean sits on the bed next to him.

"Tracy." Dean says.

"Mm-hmm." Sam nods.

"The Wallaces' babysitter. Told me she never even heard of Luke Wallace." Dean says.

"Huh, interesting look for a centuries old witch." Sam says.

"Yeah, well, if you were a 600 year old hag and you could pick any costume to come back in, wouldn't you go for a hot cheerleader? I would, hmmm..." Dean gets lost in his thoughts until realizing Sam's staring at him and he is knocked out of them.

"Well, Tracy's not as wholesome as she looks. Did some digging-- apparently she got into a violent altercation with one of her teachers, got suspended from school." Sam says, handing Dean his laptop.

Evie gets on the bed and lays her head on Sam's lap, burying her face in his stomach. Sam looks down at her confused and rubs her back and hair a little. The only times she nuzzles into his stomach is when she doesn't feel good.

"You okay, baby?" Sam quietly asks her, stroking her hair.

"My tummy hurts." Evie complains, placing her hands over her stomach while saying so. Dean grimaces a little, pretending to be extremely interested in the laptop, feeling his younger's brother annoyed look on him.

"I told you to not overdo it, Dean." Sam says.

"Hey, I just put candy on the seat. She could've stopped anytime." Dean says.

"She's 5. She's not gonna stop anytime." Sam says.

"So, what you're saying is this is her fault." Dean says and Sam gives him a bitch face. "Come on, let's go to the school."

The guys change into their suits and Sam carries Evie to the car. He buckles her in before getting in the passenger seat.

Barely half way to the high school is when Evie suddenly feels worse.

"Daddy?" Evie calls.

"Yeah, baby?" Sam asks, turning to her.

"I... I don't feel good." She mutters.

She can't see anything else when she feels the bile rising up. Dean looks through the rearview mirror and sees her sour expression.

"No. Don't you dare--" Dean's cut off by Evie throwing up in the backseat. "Damn it."

"Crap." Sam whispers, reaching back to try to hold some of her hair away from her face.

"Come on, man." Dean complains.

"Shut up, Dean." Sam tells him.

Dean turns the car around, going back to the motel and parks. Sam gets out the second it stops and goes over to Evie, gently picking her up. Dean gets out and looks at the contents in his back seat, groaning in disgust.

"Okay, you deal with that, I'm gonna go clean her up and tuck her in." Sam says.

"Wha-- why do I have to clean all of it up?" Dean asks.

"Because I told you you're dealing with the mess if she got sick. That's dealing with the mess."

"Okay, but it's your kid's puke."

"Yeah, in your car that you're so protective of. I clean the kid, you clean the car." Sam heads inside before Dean can object.

Sam cleans Evie up as best she can before making her change into pajamas and having her lie in bed, cuddling with her dog.

Sam places a trash can on the table between the beds so she can reach it easily. He turns the TV on a movie appropriate for her and it ends up being the first Harry Potter movie that is on.

"Okay, pumpkin, Uncle Deanie and I will be back later." Sam gently tells her, stroking some hair away from her face.

"Is Uncle Deanie mad at me?" Evie asks.

"No, he's not. He's just very protective of the car, but he's not mad at you." Sam tells her. "I'll see you in a little while." Sam kisses her on the temple, leaving and making sure the door is locked.

+++

After going to the school, the guys got back to the motel and changed. Evie woke up while they were doing so and felt a little better and went with Sam while he looked for Tracy.

Sam is holding Evie and she's still not feeling 100% better, but the water helped some.

"So?" Dean asks, getting out of the Impala in the motel parking lot.

"Tracy was nowhere I could find. Any luck with her friends?" Sam asks as Evie puts her head on his shoulder.

"Nah, luck is not our style. Her friends don't know where she is. It's like the bitch popped a broomstick." Dean says. They start walking to their motel room.

"She could be making the third sacrifice any time." Sam says.

"Yes, thank you, Sam." Dean says before they are stopped by a boy around 9 dressed in an astronaut costume who holds a bucket out towards them.

"Trick or treat." The boy says.

"This is a motel." Dean states.

"So?" He asks.

"So we don't have any candy." Dean says.

"No, we have a ton in the, uh..." Dean stops Sam,

"We did, but it's gone. Remember I had to clean up most of what we did have." Dean turns to the astronaut. "Sorry kid, we can't help ya."

"I want candy." The kid tells them.

"Well, I think you've had enough." Dean says and the kid glares at him. Sam resumes walking and Dean quickly follows. Sam walks into the motel room, immediately putting Evie down and taking his gun out, stepping in front of Evie.

"Who are you?!" Sam asks.

"Sam! Sam, wait! It's Castiel." Dean says, rushing in and lowering Sam's gun. "The angel." Dean looks over to the window. "Him, I don't know."

Sam looks at Castiel who turns to them.

"Hello, Sam." The angel greets.

"Oh my God-- er-- uh-- I didn't mean to-- sorry. It's an honor, really. I-I've heard a lot about you." Sam says, holding his hand out. Castiel looks at Sam's hand, not sure what to do. Evie can tell and grabs Castiel's right hand, making it flat, and putting it in Sam's right hand, shaking them a little before the two men shake on their own.

"And I, you. Sam Winchester-- the boy with the demon blood. Glad to see you've ceased your extracurricular activities." He says, the two stopping the handshake.

"Let's keep it that way." The man by the window says.

"Yeah, okay, chuckles." Dean says before turning to Castiel. "Who's your friend?"

"The rising of Samhain, have you stopped it?" Castiel asks, ignoring Dean's question.

"Why?" Dean asks.

"Dean, have you located the witch?" Castiel asks.

"Yes, we've located the witch." Dean says as Sam picks Evie back up.

"And is the witch dead?"

"No, but--" Dean cuts Sam off.

"We know who it is."

"Apparently the witch knows who you are too." Castiel says, picking up a hex bag from the table by the beds. "This was inside the wall of your room. If we hadn't found it, surely one or two or all three of you would be dead. Do you know where the witch is now?" Castiel asks and the brothers glance at each other.

"We're working on it." Dean says.

"That's unfortunate." Castiel states.

"What do you care?" Dean asks.

"The raising of Samhain is one of the 66 seals." Castiel informs.

"So this is about your buddy Lucifer." Dean says.

"Lucifer is no friend of ours." The angel by the window says.

"It's just an expression." Dean states.

"Lucifer cannot rise. The breaking of the seal must be prevented at all costs." Castiel states.

"Okay, great, well now that you're here, why don't you tell us where the witch is, we'll gank her and everybody goes home." Dean says.

"We are not omniscient. This witch is very powerful, she's cloaked even to our methods." Castiel states.

"Okay, well we already know who she is, so if we work together."

"Enough of this." The other angel cuts Sam off.

"Okay, who are you and why should I care?" Dean asks. The man turns away from the window, walking a little closer to the group.

"This is Uriel, he's what you might call a... specialist." Castiel says.

"What kind of specialist? What are you gonna do?" Dean asks.

"You-- uh, the three of you-- you need to leave this town immediately." Castiel states.

"Why?" Dean asks.

"Because we're about to destroy it."

"So this is your plan, you're gonna smite the whole friggin' town?" Dean asks.

"We're out of time. This witch has to die, the seal must be saved." Castiel states.

"There are a thousand people here." Sam says.

"1,214." Uriel states.

"And you're willing to kill them all?" Sam asks.

"This isn't the first time I've... purified a city." Uriel says.

"Look, I understand this is regrettable." Castiel says.

"Regrettable?" Dean asks.

"We have to hold the line. Too many seals have broken already." Castiel says.

"So you screw the pooch on some seals and this town has to pay the price?" Dean asks.

"It's the lives of 1,000 against 6 billion. There's a bigger picture here."

"Right, cause you're bigger picture kind of guys."

"Lucifer cannot rise. He does and Hell rises with him. Is that something that you're willing to risk?"

"We'll stop this witch before she summons anyone. Your seal won't be broken and no one has to die." Sam says.

"We're wasting time with these mud monkeys." Uriel says.

"I'm sorry, but we have orders." Castiel says.

"No, you can't do this, you're angels, I mean, aren't you supposed to-- you're supposed to show mercy." Sam says.

"Says who?" Uriel asks.

"We have no choice." Castiel says.

"Of course you have a choice. I mean, come on, what? You've never questioned a crap order, huh? What are you both just a couple of hammers?" Dean asks.

"Look, even if you can't understand it, have faith. The plan is just." Castiel says.

"How can you even say that?" Sam asks.

"Because it comes from Heaven, that makes it just." Castiel says.

"That's like saying daddy's always right when he probably isn't." Evie says. The four men look at her. "Am I not supposed to talk?" She whispers to her dad.

"Well, hey, it must be nice to be so sure of yourselves." Dean says.

"Tell me something, Dean, when your father gave you an order, didn't you obey?" Castiel asks.

"Well sorry, boys, looks like the plans have changed." Dean says.

"You think you can stop us?" Uriel asks.

"No, but if you're gonna smite this whole town, then you're gonna have to smite us with it, because we are not leaving. See, you went to the trouble of busting me out of Hell. I figure I'm worth something to the man upstairs. So you wanna waste me, go ahead, see how he digs that." Dean says.

"I will drag you out of here myself." Uriel states.

"Yeah, but you'll have to kill me, than we're back to the same problem. I mean, come on, you're gonna wipe out a whole town for one little witch. Sounds to me like you're compensating for something. We can do this. We will find that witch and we will stop the summoning."

"Castiel! I will not let these peop--" Castiel holds his hand up to stop Uriel.

"I suggest you move quickly." He tells the Winchesters.

They leave the motel and head for the car, slowing a bit when they see it covered in eggs. Sam helps Evie in before going to the passenger side.

"Astronaut!" Dean yells. Sam smiles a bit, getting in the car and Dean soon gets in.

"What?" Dean asks, noticing Sam's upset look.

"Nothing." Sam shakes his head. "I thought they'd be different."

"Who, the angels?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Well, I tried to tell ya."

"I just... I mean, I thought they'd be righteous."

"Well, they are righteous, I mean, that's kinda the problem. Of course there's nothing more dangerous than some a-hole who thinks he's on a holy mission."

"But, I mean, this is God. And Heaven. This is what I've been praying to?"

"Look man, I know you're into the whole God thing, you know, Jesus on a tortilla and stuff like that. But just because there's a couple of bad apples doesn't mean the whole barrel's rotten. I mean, for all we know, God hates these jerks. Don't give up on this stuff, is all I'm saying. Babe Ruth was a dick but baseball's still a beautiful game."

Sam looks at him, but still looks disappointed as he starts to go through the hex bag. He picks up the charred bone.

"Well, are you gonna figure out a way to find this witch, or are you just gonna sit there fingering your bone?" Dean asks.

"You know how much heat it would take to char a bone like this, Dean?" Sam asks.

"No." Dean answers.

"A lot, I mean, more than a fire or some kitchen oven." Sam says.

"Okay, Betty Crocker, what does that mean?"

"It means we make a stop."

+++

They took care of both the witch and Samhain and it's the next day. Dean isn't there and Sam is at the motel, packing while Evie sits on the same bed, her dog in her lap.

"Tomorrow." They both jump at the voice, Sam grabbing onto Evie's arm protectively, and turn to see Uriel sitting on the couch. "November 2nd, it's an anniversary for you."

"What are you doing here?" Sam asks.

"It's the day Azazel killed your mother, and 22 years later your girlfriend too. It must be difficult to bear, yet you so brazenly use the power he gave you. His profane blood pumping through your veins." Uriel says.

"Excuse me?" Sam asks.

"You were told not to use your abilities." Uriel says.

"And what was I supposed to do? That demon would have killed me and my brother and everyone." Sam says.

"You were told not to."

"If Samhain had gotten loose in this town--"

"You've been warned twice now."

"You know? My brother was right about you, you are dicks."

Uriel flies so he's standing in front of Sam who protectively pulls Evie closer to him.

"The only reason you're still alive, Sam Winchester, is because you've been useful. But the moment that ceases to be true, the second you become more trouble than you're worth, one word. One, and I will turn you to dust. As for your brother, tell him that maybe he should climb off that high horse of his." He notices Sam's confused look. "Ask Dean what he remembers from Hell."

Uriel vanishes.

"Are you Deanie gonna fight more?" Evie asks.

"I don't know." Sam sighs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1.7K 62
[ supernatural -- seasons 12-15 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's...
59.1K 2.1K 100
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
51K 1.6K 17
Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DON'T own Sam Winchester or anything related to Supernatu...
88.6K 3.8K 33
i know my girlfriend is a 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛 ◦•◦ season 2 - 4 dean winchester x female oc *slow updates* ◦•◦ WARNING ; bloody/gory descriptions, major chara...