Lovely Δ SPN [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Evie Winchester Series: Lovely Let Me Down Slowly Beginning of the End I DO N... More

cast
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
book two

chapter fifteen

3.8K 108 55
By maybankwalker

Sam walks into John's hospital room.

"Here. Give them my insurance." John tells him and Sam takes the card.

"Elroy McGillicutty?" Sam asks, smiling.

"And his two loving sons. So, what else did the doctor say about Dean?" John asks.

"Nothing. Look, the doctors won't do anything, then we'll have to, that's all. I don't know, I'll find some hoodoo priest and lay some mojo on him." Sam says.

"We'll look for someone." John assures.

"Yeah." Sam sighs.

"But Sam, I don't know if we're gonna find anyone." John says.

"Why not? I found that faith healer before." Sam says.

"All right, that was one in a million." John says.

"So what? Do we just sit here with our thumbs up our ass?" Sam asks.

"No, I said we'd look. All right? I'll check under every stone." John tells him. "Where's the Colt?"

"Your son is dying and you're worried about the Colt?" Sam asks.

"We're hunting this demon, and maybe it's hunting us, too. It has your kid. That gun may be our only card." John says.

"It's in the trunk. They dragged the car to a yard off of I-83." Sam informs.

"All right. You've gotta clean out the trunk before some junk man sees what's inside." John says.

"I already called Bobby. He's like an hour out, he's gonna tow the Impala back to his place." Sam says.

"All right. You go meet up with Bobby. You get that Colt, and you bring it back to me. And you watch out for hospital security."

"I think I've got it covered." Sam stops to leave when John stops him.

"Hey. Here. I made a list of things I need, have Bobby pick them up for me." John says, handing Sam a piece of paper.

"Acacia? Oil of Abramelin? What's this stuff for?" Sam asks.

"Protection." John states.

"Hey, dad? You know, the demon-- he said he had plans for me and children like me. And he wanted to see if Evie was like it. Do you have any idea what he meant by that?" Sam asks.

"No, I don't." John shakes his head and Sam leaves.

+++

Sam walks into John's hospital room with a duffel bag and walks over to the window.

"You're quiet." John says. Sam turns to him, angry, hurling the bag onto the bed.

"Did you think I wouldn't find out?" Sam asks.

"What are you talking about?" John asks.

"That stuff from Bobby, you don't use it to ward off a demon, you use it to summon one. You're planning on bringing the demon here, aren't you? Having some stupid macho showdown?!" Sam yells.

"I have a plan, Sam." John says.

"That's exactly my point! Dean is dying and you have a plan! You know what, you care more about killing this demon than you do saving your own son!" Sam shouts.

"Do not tell me how I feel! I am doing this for Dean... and for Evie." John says.

"How? How is revenge going to help him or my kid? You're not thinking about anybody but yourself, it's the same selfish obsession!"

"You know, it's funny, I thought it was your obsession too! This demon killed your mother, killed your girlfriend. You begged me to be part of this hunt. Now if you'd killed that damn thing when you had the chance, none of this would have happened."

"It was possessing you, dad, I would have killed you too."

"Yeah, and your brother would be awake right now."

"Go to Hell."

"I should have never taken you along in the first place. I knew it was a mistake, I knew it was wrong--

John is cut off by the glass of water he had being thrown to the floor and breaking. Nurses and doctors start running by in the hallway.

"Something's going on out there." John says, motioning for Sam to go find out.

+++

Evie jumps when the door to the small room opens, tears still streaming down her face. The yellow eyed demon walks in, smiling at her.

"How's my favorite special child's child?" The demon asks. Evie backs up until her back is against the wall. "What to do with you.."

The demon puts his hand on her shoulder before stroking her hair a few times and placing that hand on her other shoulder. He squats so they're at the same eye level.

"I can smell you... unfortunately you're not as special as your daddy." The demon says. Evie whimpers in fear, not even completely sure what's happening or what's going to happen. She just wants her dad.

"I could make you as special as him, though. But I believe you're not strong enough to have it. You take more after your precious, little mommy. You're useless. Glad I didn't put any of my blood in you. Rather it's in you or not because of Sammy, well... not enough to make you like him. Much more human blood."

The demon lets go of her and watches her continue to sob.

The demon gets ready to kill her, but stops.

"Hold that thought." The demon says, leaving the room.

+++

John goes into the boiler room of the hospital, carrying the duffel bag Sam brought back. He walks to a clear space and puts the bag down. He makes a large symbol on the floor out of chalk. After finishing that, he places and lights several candles and a black bowl around it. He begins reciting something in Latin.

While chanting, he cuts his palm open and lets his blood drip into the bowl. He lights a match and drops it in the bowl as it flares before going out.

All of this, John unknowingly already saving his granddaughter.

John looks around before a hand grabs his shoulder and he turns to the person.

"What the hell are you doing down here, buddy?" The man asks.

"I can explain." John says.

"Yeah? You're going to explain to security. Come on, you follow me." The guy starts to walk away stopping when he hears John cock the Colt.

"Hey. How stupid do you think I am?" John asks. The demon turns and its eyes are now yellow.

"You really want an honest answer to that?" The demon asks. Two men-- who are possessed and in lab coats-- walk by John, standing just behind him on either side. "You conjuring me, John. I'm surprised. I took you for a lot of things. But suicidally reckless wasn't one of them."

"I could always shoot you." John says.

"You could always miss. And you've only got one try, don't'cha? Did you really think you could trap me?" The demon asks.

"Oh, I don't want to trap you." John states, lowering the gun. "I want to make a deal."

"It's very unseemly, making deals with devils. How do I know this isn't just another trick?" The demon asks.

"It's no trick. I will give you the Colt and the bullet, but you've got to help Dean and you've got to give us Evie... and don't come after her." John demands.

"Why, John, you're a sentimentalist. If only your boys knew how much their daddy loved them and Sammy's little child." The demon says.

"It's a good trade. You care a hell of a lot more about this gun than you do Dean and Evie." John says.

"Don't be so sure. He killed some people very special to me. And she could grow up to be something amazing if I did to her what I did to little Sammy. But still, you're right, he isn't much of a threat. And neither is your other son. You know the truth, right? About Sammy? And the other children?"

"Yeah. I've known for a while." John says.

"But Sam doesn't, does he? You've been playing dumb." The demon says.

"Can you bring Dean back and us Evie? Yes or no?" John asks.

"No. But I know someone who can. It's not a problem. And her, yes. She's useless to me anyways and I suppose killing her would derail my plans for Sam because he'd be too heartbroken to continue on with anything. So you'll get her back."

"Good. Before I give you the gun, I'm going to want to make sure that Dean's okay. With my own eyes. And I'm going to want to see Evie and give her to Sam myself."

"Oh, John, I'm offended. Don't you trust me?" The demon asks and John scoffs, slowly shaking his head. "Fine."

"So we have a deal?" John asks.

"No, John, not yet. You still need to sweeten the pot." The demon says.

"With what?" John asks.

"There's something else I want, as much as that gun. Maybe more."

~ ~ ~

After finishing the deal, the demon goes back to Evie.

"I guess it's your lucky day, little Evie. Your grandfather must love you very much." The demon says. He grabs Evie before getting back to the hospital boiler room. Evie looks over and sees John.

"There. The little, precious girl. Completely unharmed. No blood in her or anything." The demon says.

"You didn't do a thing?" John asks.

"No. She doesn't have what it takes to be one of my special children. If you hadn't summoned me, she'd be dead by now." The demon states. "I'll be back to collect my half of the deal."

+++

John walks into Dean's hospital room where both of his sons are.

"How you feeling, dude?" John asks.

"Fine, I guess. I'm alive." Dean says.

"That's what matters." John says.

"Where were you last night?" Sam angrily asks his father.

"I had some things to take care of." John says.

"Well, that specific." Sam scoffs.

"Come on, Sam." Dean sighs.

"Did you go after the demon?" Sam asks.

"No." John answers.

"You know, why don't I believe you right now?"

"Well, I found somebody you're gonna want to see." John tells him. Sam looks at him confused. John leaves the door frame for a few seconds before coming back with Evie. Sam and Dean's eyes widen at the little girl.

"It's her. I tested her and everything." John tells them.

"Evie." Sam whispers and that jumpstarts their reactions. Evie runs over to her dad as quickly as possible. Sam falls to his knees, immediately hugging Evie as tightly as possible to his chest once she reaches him. Sam keeps his arms around her in a protective hold, one of his hands cradling her head to his chest.

Evie has a few leftover tears fall down her face, more out of relief of seeing her dad, than fear now. Sam holds Evie as close as possible, ignoring the tears running down his face.

After a few minutes, Sam pulls away slightly, still keeping her close to him, and he studies her face, looking her over for any injuries.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Sam asks.

"I'm okay, daddy. Nobody did anythin' to me." Evie tells him making him heave in relief.

"I love you so, so, so, soo much." Sam tells her, placing his forehead against hers.

"I wuv you, too." Evie says, wrapping her arms around her dad's neck and he hugs her back.

Sam is too relieved that he has his daughter back to worry about how he has her back. Dean, on the other hand, does feel confusion and looks at his dad who is only watching the father and daughter reunite sadly.

"Sammy." John calls, tearing Sam's attention away from Evie, but he still hugs her. "Can we not fight? You know, half the time we're fighting, I don't know what we're fighting about. We're just butting heads, Sammy. I-I've made some mistakes. But I've always done the best I could. I just don't want to fight anymore, okay?"

"Dad, are you all right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm just a little tired. Hey, son, would you, uh, would you mind getting me a cup of caffeine?" John asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, sure." Sam leaves with Evie, still frowning at his father.

"Daddy?" Evie calls and Sam turns to Evie, his expression turning soft.

"Yeah, pumpkin?" Sam asks.

"Can I get a bunch of food?" Evie asks. Sam inwardly winces, not even thinking of how she probably hasn't eaten anything since John took her.

"Of course, honey." Sam smiles softly at her.

After Sam gets her some food, he has her sit at a table in the cafeteria so she can eat it. She's in the middle of a giant muffin when Sam speaks up.

"Hey, Evie?" Sam calls and she looks at him. "What all happened while you were away from daddy?"

"I was in a dark room. And the yellow man talked to me..." Evie goes silent as she begins counting on her fingers and trying to figure it out. "Two times? All he did was talk about scary things."

"Did you sleep at all?" Sam asks, noting the bags under his baby's eyes. Evie thinks before shaking her head. "Not at all last night or the night before?"

"No." Evie answers. "Am I in trouble?" She asks.

"No, no, of course not, sweetie. But you get to go to sleep tonight." Sam softly tells her. Evie nods and as if on cue, a yawn escapes her before she resumes eating.

+++

Sam is walking with Evie in one arm and a cup of coffee for John in the other. Sam looks into John's room and sees John on the floor.

"Dad?!" Sam yells. Evie looks and her eyes widen seeing John lying on the floor. Sam drops the cup of coffee and rushes to John, kneeling beside him, letting Evie go in the process while he screams for help.

A crowd of doctors and nurses surround John, after one of them pushed Evie and Sam outside the room. The two brothers hover in the doorway, Sam practically holding Dean up, and Evie stands against the opposite wall, crying, freaking out because of everything happening.

"no, no, no, it's our dad. That's our dad!" Dean says as a nurse tries to push the two out. "Come on."

Sam makes sure Dean can lean against the doorway before picking Evie up and hugging her and she buries her face in his neck.

"Okay, stop compressions." The doctor says.

"Still no pulse." A nurse says.

"Okay, that's it everybody." The doctor tells them. "I'll call it. Time of death. 10:41 am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3K 86
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
108K 3.6K 17
→ ❝ oh, sweet child of mine! ❞ If being bound meant she was incomplete: she would much rather have been alone. [COMPLETED] supernatural / n...
420K 8.9K 65
A bunch of Supernatural imagines, all with them X the reader. You can always request stuff, just personal message me! Hope you enjoy! I don't own Su...
157K 3K 25
The Winchester's have a little sister by the name of Christina Mary Winchester, she's four. There's no where for her to go, so she tags along on thei...