In Love With The Devil ✔ [TO...

By so_so_466

"She was the angel craving chaos, and he was the devil seeking peace." Amy Raines, a 26 year old, sweet and i... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 2- 'Convincing'
Chapter 3- 'Offer'
Chapter 4- 'Decisions'
Chapter 5- 'Shopping'
Chapter 6- 'The Rings'
Chapter 7- 'The Wedding' {Part 1}
Chapter 8- 'The Wedding' {Part 2}
Chapter 9- 'In The Plane'
Chapter 10- 'Paris' {Part 1}
Chapter 11- 'Paris' {Part 2}
Chapter 12- 'In Her Eyes'
Chapter 13- 'Back To Home'
Chapter 14- 'Honeymoon?!'
Chapter 15- 'Go Party!'
Chapter 16- 'My Wife'
Chapter 17- 'The Man With The Beard'
Chapter 18- 'That Drink'
Chapter 19- 'And She's Drunk'
Chapter 20- 'Am I Dreaming?'
Chapter 21- 'I Want Him Dead'
Chapter 22- 'The Cell Phone Rang'
Chapter 23- 'To Somewhere Only He Knows'
Chapter 24- 'I Hugged Him'
Chapter 25- 'I Just Went On'
My Explaination [Author's Note]

Chapter 1- 'Vanille'

3.9K 115 32
By so_so_466

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The sweet smell of cakes and pastries filled my nostrils as I entered my bakery. 'Vanille' is my dream. I have dreamt of owning my own bakery as long as I could remember. 'Vanille' is one of the best bakeries in New York, and it's cakes and pastries are the best sellers.

"Good morning!" I said to Sophia, my best friend and the co-owner of 'Vanille'. I still remember our childhood days when we both would stare at my mom baking in our house. My mom was also a baker, so she always taught us how to mix up batter or bake cupcakes for our friends as we grew up. We could not help but fell in love with her bakery.

Sophia smiled before engulfing me into a hug.

"Good morning, Ames."

I gave her a smile before walking towards Denzel, our head baker and friend. He is more like a fatherly figure to me. After my father remarried, he grew... distant. I always needed a support system, and Denzel was always there for me. Unagreeing with his white hair and wrinkled skin, he has the energy of a youngster.

He beamed as I reached towars him.

"Good morning, Amy." He murmured softly as I hugged him.

"You are looking tired today." I frowned as I broke the hug to take a look at his tired face. Everyday, he used to crack a joke or do something to make us laugh. But today, he looked tired, as if he had not slept in days.

"Ah, nothing." He shrugged. "Just busy with some work."

I nodded and smiled at him one more time, but I did not buy that story. Something must definitely have had happened. In the past seven years, this was the first time he was not joking or making me laugh. What could possibly have had happened?

I started heading towards my personal cabin but stopped as I gazed out of the window. A woman, nearly in her late twenties, walked hands in hands with her boyfriend, or husband maybe. The way he was looking at her when she was not looking... was way too adorable. A smile instantly made way to my lips as I stared at them. This is what I want. Love, and care.

"I will find someone for you if you are that impatient." I turned to see a grinning Sophia coming towards me .

"No! I am not impatient." I playfully rolled my eyes at her. I am anything but impatient?! Hell no.

True love will come to you... And what is destined to be... It will be... Right?

"Are you sure you are not impatient. I mean, you were practically staring at two complete strangers like you have a connection with them." She threw her arms around my shoulder as she approached me.

"First, I am not impatient. And second, you do not need to find someone for me."

"Have you already found someone?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"What? No!" I raised my hands in the air and shook my head. I would have told her if anything would have happened in my life. She knows me more than myself.

"Okay... But if you meet your soulmate, you will have to tell me." She emphasized the word 'soulmate' and winked at me.

"Okay." I mentally rolled my eyes at her interest in my non-existence love life.

Before we could say any further, the bell rang as a customer came in. I turned around to see a woman in her early fifties, with two strong looking men surrounding her coming inside our bakery.

She was extremely beautiful for her age and unlike the two men surrounding her, she had an adorable smile on her lips.

"Sophi, go on and take their orders." I said to Sophia and she nodded before heading towards their direction.

No matter how childish she could be, but she has a way with people. She could charm anyone in their first meet. But sadly, she had not found anyone yet. I hope she will find someone too.

I went to my cabin and sat on my favourite sofa. My eyes moved to the table where a picture of me and my mom was displayed. A smile appeared on my lips as I took the picture in my hands.

The power of this photo had never failed to amaze me. One moment I was alone in my cabin and the next...
I was at my tenth birthday party, with dad scooping icecream and mom helping me cut the slice of the cake.

After my mom died, everything became... different. Dad grew distant. He remarried. And my stepmom, well... she is that villain in every happy family that has made a vow to shatter everything.

If mom was here, she would have smiled and told me how proud and happy she was for me. I miss her so-

Thud.

The picture fell from my hand as a loud thud came from outside. I rushed to the side, and my eyes widened at the scene before me. The old lady was crying in pain as she held a hand near her heart. Her eyes were shut tight and the smile was long gone. She was having a heartattack.

I didn't know how I managed to rush to her side as I kneeled in front of her. "Someone call 9-1-1!!" I yelled at the people surrounding her and told Sophia to bring an aspirin. I don't know much about medicine but I do have some knowledge about first aid.

Sophia ran and immediately brought an aspirin along with some water. I took the aspirin and gave it to the old lady. She took it with slightly trembling hands and I helped her to drink water. After that, I rubbed her chest and hands as she became stable.

Soon, she was normal and I sighed before asking, "Are you okay, ma'am?"

She nodded and smiled afterwards. "Thank you."

I smiled at her and nodded as those two strong men came towards her.

"Should we call Mr. Kingsley?" One of them asked her.

"No! No! No need to inform him. He will leave everything to come here. Today he has an important deal, I will tell him when I go there." Both of them nodded as she smiled and stood up.

Somehow, she was just like my... mom. She was always smiling and laughing. When she was on her deathbed, I still remember the last words that she said, "When life gives you hundred reasons to cry, show her that you have thousand reason to smile." And that's what I still do.

The old lady thanked me again before moving towards the door, but stopped in her tracks to turn around and see me.

"What is your name, honey?" She asked me.

Name? Why does she need to ask my name?

"Amy. Amy Raines." I smiled at her as she smiled back in a contented way before turning on her heels and disappearing in the city.

Only if I knew what that smile was all about...

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Ian Kingsley
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Did I stutter?" I glared at Mr. Leo, one of my employee. He was asked to do one fucking job, but he just cannot do anything without making me angry.

"S-Sorry-Mr-Kin-King"

"You. Are. Fired." I raised my voice slightly, just to give him the indication that I do not need him or his work anymore. Kingsley Enterprises is the best company in this country, and I do not need some idiots like him.

I continued to glare at him and after sometime he turned around and got out of the door.

Fucking stupid idiot.

I sighed and gazed out of my window when my mom came in.

"Ian, honey!" I smiled at my mom before engulfing her into a hug. Yes, no matter what the outside world thinks of me, I am still a child for my mom. After my dad died, we both helped each other to get through hell, and without her, I might not be who I am today.

"Are you fine, mom?" I frowned at her. She looked rather pale. In the morning when I saw her, she was fine.

"Nothing. I just... had a minor heartattack." She smiled nervously.

"Heartattack?!" My eyes widened. "Are you fine? Should we call the doctor? I told you to take care of yourself." I sighed as she laughed.

"I am fine. But I think I do need your help." She smiled mischievously at me.

"What help?"

"Promise me you will fulfill my demand."

"Okay. I promise."

Only if I knew what I was getting myself into...

:::::::::

(Edits of Amy in the Media section)

So, yeah guys. This was the first chapter!! Hope you liked it!
Please like and comment if you liked it!
If you want to get in touch with me, or get notified whenever a new chapter comes out, or even just to take glimpses of my book, follow me on instagram:-
infinity_writess123

See y'all tomorrow☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 14.2K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...
33.8K 928 104
Candy Jefferson understanding of love shattered when her fiance broke her heart in a cruel way without felling remorseful. She had forsaken her fath...
392K 7.4K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
3.9K 843 52
|Updates every Tuesdays| "Come with me." I laugh and wipe the beads of sweat off my forehead. "And why would you think I'd go anywhere with you?" I...