Reincarnated As A Gorilla In...

By pengualicious27

Devan was a 23-year-old primatologist who studied gorillas in the jungles of the Congo Basin in Africa. Growi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - New World
Chapter 2 - Learning
Chapter 3 - Ingenuity
Chapter 4 - Rage of a gorilla
Chapter 5 - Searching
Chapter 6 - New home and training
Chapter 8 - Final trial and First quest
Chapter 9 - First encounter
Chapter 10 - First Battle
Chapter 11 - The second path
Chapter 12 - Awakening of his Rage
Chapter 13 - The Stone Temple
Chapter 14 - Gorillas of the past
Chapter 15 - Ape warriors
Chapter 16 - Spirits of the Apes
Chapter 17 - Learning the Blade
Chapter 18 - The fourth path
Chapter 19 - First human friend
Chapter 20 - The first disease
Chapter 21 - Wystan's journey
Chapter 22 - The final path
Chapter 23 - Battle with the Wraith
Chapter 24 - Returning home
Chapter 25 - The Adventure Begins
Chapter 26 - The city of Bellmount
Chapter 27 - Arlin's parents
Chapter 28 - Enemy of a kingdom
Chapter 29 - Apes Together Strong
Chapter 30 - The giant trees
Chapter 31 - The Zouwu
Chapter 32 - The Onikuma
Chapter 33 - Bear vs Ape
Chapter 34 - The Skinwalker
Chapter 35 - The Apex's Challenge
Chapter 36 - The King of the Jungle
Chapter 37 - Infiltration of Bellmount
Chapter 38 - The Great Escape of Bellmount
Chapter 39 - Preparations
Chapter 40 - Into the Cold
Chapter 41 - New friend?
Chapter 42 - Mammoth herd
Chapter 43 - Gaining Trust
Chapter 44 - The blizzard

Chapter 7 - New friend and new weaponry

6.1K 209 93
By pengualicious27

When the dirt cleared it revealed my new companion and most trusted ally.

It was made of stone, slightly taller than me, and had moss covering it's back. It looked at me with curiosity before slowly extending its hand out to me. I just stared at its hand with confusion.

Land Gaurdian: (Touch its hand so you may link with it, and then say what you wish to call it.)

I placed my hand in its surprisingly warm and larger hand. When we made contact I felt myself connect to its core. However, its core felt hollow like a piece was missing. I then uttered the name of my new friend.

Devan: (Wystan)

The moment that name left my lips his eyes began to glow green before dissipating. When I removed my hand from his it revealed two flowers radiating green particles. The stone in front of Wystan's chest began to move aside revealing his core, it wasn't beating. His core then began to open revealing a empty space, were he proceeded to place the flower within.

The core then closed and began to beat, pumping what seemed to be bright green liquid around his stone body. With that the stone at his chest moved back into place. He then held out his hand to me presenting the last flower.

Land Gaurdian: (When you take the flower it will connect you to him. The color the flower radiates shows the golem's health. And the flower the golem possesses shows him the same.)

I took the flower from his hand and suddenly it disappeared. I then felt a searing pain at the bottom of my wrist. When I looked it showed a small tattoo of a rose pulsating green around the edges. But the pain quickly came back making me whimper a little.

Wystan made a surprised noise and quickly ran to me. He picked me up and began to examine me for what was causing me pain. Once he saw my wrist was in pain he placed his hand over my tattoo, and a bright light enveloped my hand. When he removed his hand the pain ceased. He patted my head before placing me back down.

Land Gaurdian: (You now have a ally to watch your back, but you must learn to defend yourself as well. I will now show you to make armor and weaponry.)

He stood up straight and stomped his right foot and raising his hand covering him in a mound of dirt. Once the dirt encased him he closed his hand hardening the dirt into a giant tomb. When he put his hand down the tomb crumbled revealing him in spiked armor made of steel. He then smashed his fist onto the center of his armor disintegrating it back into the ground.

Land Gaurdian: (When you are incased in the rock tomb, you may think of the material you wish to use for the armor and its design. You may make it out of anything to your knowledge, but your body may not be strong enough to hold up anything to heavy.)

I nodded before standing up straight and stomping my right foot while raising my hand. I quickly held my breath before it was over my face. I then closed my hand making the tomb. I began to think of a strong but light material like magnesium. I'm still a child so I dont want it to hinder my mobility, but it should be able to punish any melee attacker.

Once I had the design in mind I lowered my hand crumbling the tomb. My armor was covered in small razor sharp thorns, I changed the color of the magnesium from gray-white to dirt with some vegetation. The color should now help camouflage me while also granting me protection from being lifted up.

Wystan and the Guardian's golem clapped for my achievement. While the Gaurdian patted my helmet. I then smashed my fist onto the center of my armor sending it back into the ground.

Land Gaurdian: (Well done, you exceeded my expectations. I have one more ability to show you, I will show you to make weaponry now.)

He raised a mound of dirt before reaching his hand into it. He muttered something before lifting pulling out a great sword made of magma. He then stabbed it into the mound, were the ground began to absorb the sword again.

Land Gaurdian: (When you place your hand into the dirt say the name of your desired weapon. You may even summon two weapons at once.)

I nod again before raising a mound of dirt, I reached both my hands into the dirt and muttering two words.

Devan: (Bow, dagger.)

I pulled out the two weapons, the bow looked like a tree.

The dagger was curved, serrated, and made of stone. I then placed both of them on the mound sending it back in the ground.

Land Gaurdian: (A bow, a well decision. Since you're still a child any creature could overpower you, but with the golem you may send it to fight while you weaken it with arrows.)

The sun was beginning to set making the surrounding area turn slightly orange. He began to walk away with his golem following him.

Land Gaurdian: (Come, I'll take you back to your family. Tomorrow will be a test of your new abilities, rest well.)

As I began to follow him I was suddenly picked up by Wystan. He gave me a quick hug before placing me on his back. I then grabbed onto the moss on his back to not fall off.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Well done user you have gained new abilities, and have some skill points to spend. Would you like to spend them now or when you sleep?

Devan: When I sleep.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Very well. Also, if you wish I may find a way for you to speak with your golem.

Devan: I would like to speak with him from time to time.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: I will find a solution in a moment.

While I was speaking with System I didn't notice we were at the river. The Gaurdian and his golem were already across. I was about to get off and move some land to get us across, but Wystan took a few steps back before running and jumping across the entire river.

I was shocked he was able to jump that especially since he was slightly taller than me. He looked up at me expectantly, I think he wanted some praise for his amazing feat. I patted his head and he seemed over joyed. As we continued our way to our home I took the time to look at my map. There seemed to be some creatures nearby but they seemed passive.

Suddenly Wystan froze up and looked to the right, I followed his gaze and saw nothing. I looked back at my map and saw a giant red diamond move away. Whatever it was seemed to be gone but it could be nearby.

Devan: (Let's keep moving.)

I didn't think he will understand me but surprisingly he nodded and kept following after the Gaurdian. We were finally back at the cave, the Gaurdian said goodnight before planting himself back in the dirt. Wystan placed me back down and gestured to the cave. The Gaurdian's golem and Wystan laid next to each other and changed into rocks.

I began to slowly make my way inside the cave, I didn't realize how tired I was until I got off of Wystan. After a few moments I made it to the final area of the cave. My troop was already beginning to prepare to sleep. But my mother was pacing about looking worried while Lin and Mary tried to calm her down.

Lin: (Brianna calm down I'm sure he's safe after all he's with a Land Gaurdian.)

Mary: (Yeah and besides didn't you say his training wasn't gonna be painful?)

Brianna: (Yes but its already sundown and he's not back yet. What if they're attacked, what if he was injured. What kind of mother would I be if my child was injured and I wasn't there to comfort and take care of him?)

Lin: (Calm down he-. Oh, look there he is.)

My mother turned around and quickly made her way to me. She picked me up and began to examine me for any injuries. She saw my small rose tattoo on my wrist and was confused on why I had that. But she didn't question it since I had a affinity with the earth. However, she noticed how tired I looked so she gave me a small kiss before making her way to our nest. Once in the nest I almost fell asleep but I still had to spend some skill points.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Apologies on interrupting your sleep, but you have some skill points to spend. Here are your choices:

                       Elementalist
                Unspent points- 3
Elemental resistance •Creature speech
•Element cast speed    •Animal tamer
    Unlock two skills to obtain more

It's alright, I choose Animal tamer, Creature speech, and Elemental resistance.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Very well, that is all goodnight.

Goodnight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 334 25
Shoji is a teenager that was delt possibly the worst hand in life, horrible parents, fake friends that relentlessly sapped away his money. Though he...
188K 11K 139
After falling to my death due to poor maintenance on a viewing platform over a ravine, I find myself having an audience with God. In return for my un...
11.2K 295 26
Warning : Gore, mass murderings, assassinations, tortures and inhumane actions. Read at your own risk. MC died in real world and when he regained his...
9.7K 442 64
(2nd Installment) After being reborn in another world, I have begun my journey through the world. Now, I have arrived at the City of Yiinao, where a...