Only Hers

Od AngelButVillain

Her world turned upside down when Alpha Jared rejected her and took her step sister as his Luna instead. Fro... Více

Note from Author
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
What this author says.
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 27

476 20 1
Od AngelButVillain

The meeting that is supposed to happen after the forced 24 hours of relaxation got extended to another 24 hours. The king himself refused to get up from his bed and slept 48 straight hours. Alexa refused to wake him up since according to her, this is his longest sleep in the past decade. He deserve this sleep. Not that she is complaining. They had a family date with their friends yesterday.

It's just that, it didn't suit very well with the families of Redfang's hostages.

They are now inside his majesty's glamorous and spacious hall. Not in the study where they always held the meetings. Holograms of alliance leaders are floating above as well as Alpha Cade's face. Alice is relieved to see Beta Martin behind him holding a lady covered with lacy black veil. It must be his wife and still mourning for their child.

And unlike in the study that only attended by few highest ranked generals and nobles, the number increased now that the other lower ranked leaders have been called to join the meeting. Including from other fields like those in charge in agriculture, evacuation, medical, etc.

It is noisy inside. Men are chatting exchanging opinions all around. But Alice can see Baron Alderson remained silent but restless as he stand at the corner. It is obvious that he lost weight again. Alice felt pity for him. He's been waiting for almost two weeks now eversince the list with his family's name came to their hands.

The hall silence when the heavy and high double door opened and the King strides to his big comfy throne. He is wearing a cloak again. And it flowed beautifully behind him. Though it have thick brown mane on both ends comparable to a lion's Alice can't help thinking it is especially for the werelion general to see. And of course. Another magnificent crown on his unruly hair. New she presumed. But unlike most days that he wears clothes like an incubus macho man seducing everyone who sees him, he wore his uniform neatly complete with the badges, planks, stars and his nation's flag. He look dignified and kingly.

But for some reason, he didn't sit on the throne. He made an excellent turn and faced them all. Alexa stood her not far behind her king.

"If I asked you now if you are all ready for this will you say yes?"

The crowd is stunned by his first sentence in this meeting. But he seems serious. Dead serious.

"Friza, is your Icen army ready in your borders? Have you completed the ice bridge for the people you will receive? We already talked about this that your country will be receiving the escapees since your land is nearest the Redfang's.

How about land of artisans and blacksmiths? Vork? Are the weapons done? Are they enough? Did the ores made enough?

Dryads and fairies? Lumina, are our supplies enough there in Flaurence? Can your country keep up with this?

How about you, my very own people? Have you prepared youself already? We've been expecting this for a long time now don't tell me it still shocked you?!"

Noise errupted the hall asking each other what the king meant when his voice boomed again.

"I'm asking you now why are you asking each other? Have you lost your brains that you can't comprehend what I just said? I asked you if you are ready to risking your life for this war!" But the crowd still don't know what to answer.

"What is this nonsense King Wayne of Artesia?! Tearmoon have been terrorizing our kingdoms using their hostages and you are here spouting idiocy?!" The king of the desert kingdom Init is very angry.

"Oh my dear friend from the Init Kingdom Marshal. I have NEVER been this serious ever since a very long loooong time! This talks are useless! Waiting for intel. Another factor changes and the whole plan changes as well and then the mission extends longer! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF IT ALL!"

The crowd was  silence by his outburst. Not only from his words but also from the powerful  pressure and aura emitted from him.

One second Alice is having hard time to breathe next is that Alexa is already on her side holding her arm and it is easy to breathe. Looks like Alexa surrounded her with invisible barrier against the pressure.

"Artgor's daughter is right. Remind me to reward her later since she seemed to still having fun in my warehouse. SLEEP have been depriving my brain to remember how I became a king! I didn't inherit this title. I GAINED IT AND EXTENDED. WHILE. I. WAS. STILL. A. HUMAN! How come this felt like more complicated than before?! Hell YEAH it's complicated. But it didn't mean before was less harder. And I led a human army fight against other species! Can you believe that?! Damn! Damn this all! Having longer lifespan just gotten us dumber."

He paced back and forth his stage but his words are actually riling up the feelings of his people that is listening. Baron Alderson is seeing hope and expecting more.

"I just remembered. In war, there will be bloodshed. In both parties. I've been clinging to this dumb faith of mine that I can bring all my people and allies back in one piece. That we can stop this all by just killing the two major pain in the ass who we shall name Tearmoon's shit and the other Redfang's little dick. This is tearing me but I can't guarantee any of your lives. So I want you to be strong, skilled, smart and brave enough to survive. I want you to believe in teamwork and cooperation but that doesn't mean you can slack even for a second. Always think... that it is a bigger possibility that no one can help you in the middle of the fight.

I know your uncertainties but keep this in your mind. This is not just a rescue mission the others keep planting those lies in your head because they want you to think you are sacrificing your life for the lives of fewer people. No. It's not. This is either us or them! If they manage to takeover any other kingdoms they will be strong enough to get on ther others too! So we will have to shot them down now!

Think past your indifference for now. Think about the how they will treat your love ones and your country if they succeed to take over your place. If we don't work together, what you have now... will only be memories. The love, the sun, the laughter, the life. Every thing... will be memories.

So I say! We attack! Today if you are ready and if you are ready!? " he paused and let out a charming sadistic smirk

".... we will begin the march."

The crowd cheered raising their swords and flinging their hats and handkerchiefs to the air even Baron Alderson that is in tears of joy. Even the grumpy generals are up with it. They followed the king as he walk down the carpet out to his waiting cavalry and army.

Even the leaders in the screen jumped up their seat joyful of the King's decision to attack. Alpha Cade is already talking to his team readying for the action. He forgot to turn off the monitor in his excitement.

"What's gotten into him? His sleep really that effective?" She asked Alexa who still stayed with them when the others cleared the hall.

She nodded and smiled. As in the genuine smile. It is their first time seeing it and the men felt shiver run up their spine.

"His favorite dwarf appeared in his dreams. They travelled around his memory lane and whacked some sense to him with a mallet. It just so happens to be my mother." So that is why she's happy. She liked talking about her mom. The boys remained silent.

"So what's the plan?" Zen asked.

Alexa shook her head. "There's no concrete plan. Teleportation lines will be open for the day so we will only focus the eletricity to them and to the watch tower.  There will be mass evacuation to Flaurence. Residents from Artesia and Icen will evacuate there since we are both the nearest and most vulnerable against attack from Tearmoon. Now, upon clearing the civilians,  armies and cavalry of other nations will divide in Artesia and Icen. They will march by land. It will take alot of power but Wayne already commanded to open a portal for the air strike and naval force to arrive faster in the Artesia sea.

And before coming here, he gave the sea kings an ultimatum. If they really wanted to not participate the fight, they need to agree evacuate. If not, Wayne will hold no fault for their kin that will accidentally become a casualty. All except one fled. The Eastern Sea king joined to fight together with his fleet and let his civilian people escape. They also sent their medical team to standby at the port with the medical post that is already there.

Wayne is really prepared for just a short period of time. I'm proud of him."

There are so many first times today. First time she smiled genuinely. First time she talked very long that can make a proper paragraph. First time she called him by his name three times in a row. Unbelievable!

Alice might've noticed him thinking rude things so she pinched him on his side and smiled at Alexa.

"So what do we do?" Alice asked expectantly.

"You are actually coming with me in the watch tower. We will be their eyes since the King much prefer to rampage in the battle feild rather than stay in the tower and bark orders. He rather bark orders while feeling the adrenaline rush and seeing the fight live. You guys can go straight to him and get orders directly from him. And use this." She gave them each a pair of wireless earpiece. When they put it on, it can't be pulled out.

"The dwarves prepared millions of those and as much as possible only used by the leaders to minimize the misconnection. We will still distribute this to all for emergency purpose. This is a collaboration with the witch tower of Icen. Their barrier magics are incomparable. Those will minimize the loud noises if you want. But automatically minimizes when it came from an explosion. Other than it, you can control its volume. Now it have a protective barrier like invisible sheild. It can take on a bash from a minor dragons tail and wild ones claws from your neck up to the tip of your hair.

Now this is connected to the King's and the watchtower. I don't have more time to explain coz I'm already needed in the tower. Got to go."

Alexa turned but Alice stopped her. "Did you already finished evacuating Artesia?"

"Almost all. You guys take your time." Then she ran away.

The heavy door opened again and their family and friends came in.

The kids ran to their parents. The twins holding Aqui on both hands ran to both of them.

Zen meet his wife and son by the door and carried the little guy and hugged them both.

Miles and Bill with little Mason are pushing a stretcher to Felix with the sleeping Enelia on it. Felix carried his son and caressed his wife's protruding tummy. Maybe the baby woke up recognizing his touch and the mother also fluttered her eyes open and greeted her husband with a smile.

Behind them Bill Diane and their son, Miles Deneres and Millicia, Lenia and Cupie, Jammy and her parents gathered and hugged each other.

It was a fleeting moment and Alice just wished they can stay like this longer. And she's not alone in this thoughts.

Even the kids understands the situation and fighting back their tears. But when someone started sobbing, they all followed.

Their parental instincts kicked in. Even if they are feeling emotional themselves as well, they whisper words of encouragement to their young. It took a long time to reassure them because they know better. They know that the chances are really slim and they might not make it.

All negativity comes back to Alice. She fought before, she know the feeling. Now she is more frightened than ever because she have so much to loose. And they are here right in front of her. Both her weakness and strength.

The what ifs came back to her. She know she is sinking in murky dark thoughts again and she can't fight her way out of it.

Then suddenly, Ylsen kissed her passionately back to reality. Saying that he is here and there is no way he would fall without a fight. And he will fight to survive for their family.

Alexa spoke to the earpiece saying 5 minutes. Last five minutes.

Zen Felix Ylsen and Alice hugged their family tight and run their mouths with reminders and sweet nothings, that might be their last.

The kids felt it again and started sobbing and holding tight to their parents.

"Always stay together okay? Don't fight while momma and dadda are away. Don't follow strangers. And.. and."

"Mom enough with the reminders. We already know. You gave us a list. We have our phones. Call us all the time yeah? All the time. I'll take care of my sisters don't worry too much. Focus on staying alive." The couples laughed at their son and squeezed all of the tighter. They didn't complain and answered back their tight embrace.

"Oh. My babies are all grown up. Makes me wonder if you two already have secret affairs now." Alice pinched Ylsen at what he said.

"Ew dad. Less nonsense talks and more I love you's and hugs. I love you." Star's voice swerved and bit her lower lips to prevent herself from crying.

Aqui just repeatedly said those three words while showering them wet kisses. And Mason clenched his jaw to keep his emotions in and whispered I love you.

"Guys. They really need to go. We are closing the portals."

"Okay guys. Time's up. We need to get you to safety. Wait for momma and dadda there okay? Be good kids and behave there. Don't separate  from each other." Ylsen squeezed his family one more time before letting them go. He will all his will power not to hold them in his arms again or he'll never let them go ever.

'Don't worry self. You will indulge in it after all of this.'

And he gained confidence to survive the fight.

They embraced each other one more time. Alice asked all of them to accompany her children and keep them safe. They willingly obliged.

They led them to the door and saw a chopper ready and waiting for them. It will bring them directly to Flaurence.

They gave their family one last hug and watched them load the chopper with a heavy heart.

Jammy turned and ran back to them.

"Jammy what are you doing? You have to go!" Ylsen bent on one knee to match the kid's height.

"I can't just leave like this uncle." She hurriedly took his wrist and put an elastic gold band. She did the same with Zen Felix and Alice.

She sniffed and stopped her tears from falling. "Please be reminded that there are people waiting for you when you even think an inch near giving up. Please give this to Miss Alexa and Mister King too." She left two gold bands in Alice's hands before running back to the chopper.

They closed the chopper so they don't see a thing inside now. But they kept waving because they know they can still see the four of them from their side. The four watched them until it's too far to be visible.

"I overheard Jammy girl left me a souvenir." The King's voice filled their ears. Alice looked at the bands in her hands and leaned on to her husband that pulled her close.

"She sure did. Sweet ain't she?" Ylsen whispered to her head.

"I'm really going to wait for her to grow up. Ten twenty years are nothing."

"Ugh! Gross. I never pegged you to be a pedophile your majesty." Alice hugged his husband and burried her face to his neck kissing her mark on him. Ylsen bent down his head and did the same while hugging each other tight.

"There is none in this world the same age as me. None even a millennium younger!  Do you want me to just stay single for all eternity here?!"

"You basically saw the girl as a little girl your highness. Don't you feel a fatherly love for her? The way you are talking is like you are lusting over the kid!" Felix retorted. Alice let go of Ylsen gave her brother a tight hug that he answered in the same extent.

"Yuck! I never have such thoughts you dirty minded pervert! I simply wanted to keep her with me forever."

Alice let go of Felix and he passed her to Zen. They hugged each other tight as well"Whatever King pervert. Talk to Alexa. You might see the clarity."

"Don't pass him to me please. He is the King of Artesia. Millenniums old wise king. If he wanted to change his title to Millenniums old perverted king it is his choice." They all laughed at her harsh remark.

Zen patted her head and led her back into her husbands arms and snuggled.

"You're all so hard on me I hate you!" They laughed again.

Someone talked to the king and he dismissed it after. King Wayne sighed "The other nations kings are all here now. I need the three of you now. I sent a chopper to bring you here in the borders."

He pulled his wife for a deep long passionate kiss containing all the emotions they wanted to convey to each other.

"Be careful out there. Don't fucking die. I'll kill you." Ylsen just laughed at her and kissed her again. So did Felix and Zen.

"My little girl is waiting for me to wake her up so I will stay alive or they will sleep forever." Felix is being boastful again. His kids is crazy addicted to him that's why.

"And me and Berry is expecting our little princess too. I can't have her hoarding on our princess' attention and cuteness alone. So I'll live for them. I still have to teach Lucca how to properly dive without hurting his belly." Obviously that's Zen. Seems like Berry already dropped the surprise.

"And nah. I'm too hot to die." Alice pinched his cheek but he was fast to take her hand and then kissed her palms. "There's noway I will die. I'll be a superhero just for you and our kids." And kissed her again.

Honestly, she wanted to cry. Hard. Like babies do. But she just deepens the kiss and let him feel all that she feels. Ylsen wanted her to always open her feelings to him anyway. Her raw ugly and beautiful emotions. He wants it all. And she is lucky she have him.

The chopper descended and opened for them. Zen and Felix gave her last goodbyes hugs and kisses before jugging to the chopper.

Alice gave Wayne's share of gold band to Ylsen and Ylsen placed three phones in her palms.

"No take them. So the kids can call you."

"No. We can't take them. It contains to many precious memories. Keep it safe. Until we return." He kissed her once again and walked backwards as he continue to stared at her face, memorizing it all as if it was his first time seeing her.

Alice forced herself to smile and not break down. She stayed until she can't see it anymore.

"Where's my band?" Alex spoke beside her. She just gave it without looking away.

"What's with guys and leaving their valuables so it won't be hurt or something."

"Just tell the king your feelings already so he won't escape work and wander off everytime you accidentally mention your special someone that vanished in Tearmoon."

Alexa raised a brow. "He told you that?"

"Just a hunch. But he did tell you are waiting for that someone that vanished in Tearmoon."

"Well. I'm really waiting of someone that vanished in Tearmoon. My dad. A high elf."

Alice gasped. "You bad bad child! You let the king think it is your boyfriend or something! Wait. Is he hearing this?  Hello Wayne?"

"Nah I turned it off. Let him find out himself. Feeling better now?"

Alice laughed and nodded. "Your good at distracting emotions. How talented."

She smiled smugly. "Thanks. Takes decades of practice with the worst bipolar ever. Now let's go back to work shall we?" And then she turned back to enter the castle.

"Miss your so cool your my idol! I wanna be like you when I grow up! Whooo!" And followed her.

Alexa just laughed at her antics.

************************************************
3:01 am time check brougt to you by grapes sold by Mang Juan, you get the taste of grapes and vinegar at the same time.

I never knew grapes will keep you up this late. This one is too sour.

So guys I cried hard imagining the farewell part and I cannot as in CANNOT elaborate it more so if I don't want to break down crying I have to stop myself elaborating it. I suggest you just imagine a goodbye scene yourself.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.9K 61 24
She was a human, clueless to the supernatural world. She worked helping troubled youth, and loved helping people. She had chronic illnesses, and was...
1.9M 43.9K 53
"Your no mate of mine! You're weak and not worthy of being the Luna." He shouts, but I didn't filinch once. "I, Alex, future Alpha of the DragonFire...
1.8M 55.2K 27
"How do I know you won't reject me as well?" I reply, staring at the handsome Alpha who has somehow made it past my walls. He reaches a hand towards...
141K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...