The Fool

By spiralings

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTr... More

Introduction & Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter One

3K 60 13
By spiralings

"Aurora, you can't just jump" Atlas said incredulously as he looked over the balcony of the stairs with his sister. Below the was a huge pile of pillows and blankets that Axel was currently adjusting. It was a good six meter drop from where the two were standing.

"Ready!" Axel yelled up at them, giving a thumbs up. Aurora grinned and climbed over the railing to stand on the ledge. Atlas grabbed the back of her dress cautiously, as if it wouldn't just wrip if she fell. Ejit.

"Ro, stop, you're gonna kill yourself" Atlas said sternly. Aurora wrapped her arms around the banister and looked down.

"Relax Atlas, you need to loosen up. I'm not gonna die, there's blankets!" She grinned, brushing his worry off, he didn't look too convinced, however. He was about to open his mouth to say something else, but before he could, she jumped.

Her heart dropped to her stomach for a split second as her satin viridian dress swooshed up, along with her curly locks. She grinned in both excitement and nerves and before she know it, she hit the blankets. Aurora squealed in delight, which came out muffled due to her face being stuffed with floof, but she did hear cheering above her. She adjusted herself and looked up to see Axel grinning down at her proudly. She smiled and did their handshake in delight. It was a handshake the three of them made up when they were kids. It's stupid and cheesy, but stuck nevertheless.

"That was savage! You have ta try it, Axel" Aurora convinced enthusiasticly. Axel laughed and nodded his head.

"Absolutely not" Atlas's voice sounded as he made his way down the stairs, looking down at the pair disapprovingly. Aurora and Axel shared a sheepish look at their other triplets tone. They should be used to it by now, let's be real.

"Aurora, you can't just do stuff like that, you could easily get hurt" Atals said, his tone full of concern as he pulled his sister out of the blankets. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into his chest, kissing the top of her head. She melted into his embrace and suddenly felt very guilty for worrying him.

"I'm sorry" She said, honestly. She pulled away and looked up at him, seeing as he was about six foot something and the young beauty herself stood proudly at five foot and two and three-eights inches.

It counts. Apparently.

"Well, he said you can't do stuff like that but not me" They both looked up to see Axel standing on the ledge of the banister. Before either of them could say anything, he flipped off. Aurora's jaw dropped as she watched him and as soon as he landed she pulled away from Atlas and yelled in excitement.

"That was so cool!" She squealed, jumping into the blankets with him. Axel sat up, laughing also. Atlas, however, was rubbing his forehead, trying to rid himself of the stress wrinkles that the pair have given him.

"I've been calling ye for ages, I'm starting to think none of ye want a freshly baked blueberry muffin" Isaacs voice startled the three as he entered the door way. They looked up at him, sporting a curious gaze and watched as his eyes wandered to the mess they made in the middle of the entrance hall. His eyebrows shot up to his hairline before he frowned deeply.

"What the fuck went on here!" He exclaimed, not at all impressed by their genius idea. Isaac is a very clean person and does not like messes. They, well, they made a mess. Aurora cringed slightly, not really fancying a scolding from Isaac. She hopped up from the blankets and made her way over to him.

"It was all Atlas's idea, I swear, I tried to stop him, Isaac, but he's just too rebellious nowadays, he almost gave me a heart attack! Now, about those muffins?" The clever girl hooked her arm with Isaacs and dragged him towards the kitchen where she was engulfed with the smell of the fluffy goodness and groaned in delight as she spotted them on the crisp marble counter top. She unhooked her arm from Isaacs and ran over to the counter, hopping up beside the tray of the freshly baked muffins. She robbed one from the tray, quickly biting into it and savouring the burst of flavours that invaded her senses as she did a little happy dance.

"Aurora King, what have I told you about sitting on my counters?" Isaac said as he made his way towards her with a hint of a smile. She looked at him with her mouth stuffed with muffin, only now taking the time to realise his floral apron that was dusted in white from flour. Isaac fulfilled the motherly role in the family, clearly. None of her other brothers would be caught dead in an apron. He was always baking, cooking and cleaning. None of them ever actually told him just how motherly he was, though, knowing his ego would be bruised and they might just be denied one of his tasty treats. She swallowed quickly before replying.

"This house doesn't have any rules yet" Aurora shrugged, knowing that within the three days that they've been there there's no way he could have a list of rules already.

"Well rule number one is no arses on my counter" He shot back, taking the apron off, the proceeding to clean the counter top with a damp cloth. The young girl smirked to herself.

"That's okay I'm sure I'll find some guy who would let me sit on him instead" She grinned sweetly, swinging her legs beneath her. Isaac froze and she fought the urge to laugh. He looked at her appalled. Isaac went to open his mouth, no doubt to scold his sister for her foul words, however, he was cut off by another brooding figure entering the room.

"Do that, and he won't live long enough to even get it to stand up" Levi growled as he halted in front of his devious sister. She looked up at her eldest brother cheekily and cooked her head to the side when he raised an eyebrow at her daringly.

"Who said anything about sitting on his lap?" She asked innocently. Isaac gasped and Levi balled his fists, resisting the urge to grab her and cut her tounge off.

"I'll kill Elijah, he has the worst influence on you" Levi hissed. She grinned thinking of her other brother who also had a foul mouth and who she admittedly got hers from. Most older brothers would never dare to say such things around their 'little sister', and the rest of them wouldn't, besides Elijah of course.

"No you won't, none of us are a good influence on her. You can't pin it all on Elijah" Isaac reasoned. He was definitely the most sensible out of all them, Atlas following close after. He did what he had to do withing the 'family business', yet only outside the walls of their home. He refused to invite any aspect of their work into the house, especially violence, but that doesn't always work out in a house with seven boys. And a cheeky girl always looking for trouble.

Levi gave a side glance at Isaac, knowing he was right of course, but rolling his eyes nevertheless. "Maybe I'll chop his tounge off instead" He muttered to himself, clearly unhappy. Aurora bit her tounge to stop herself from laughing and hopped off the counter. She made her way into the living room to find the other two delinquents.

"Hello, wombies" She grinned, plopping down into the small gap between them, which really meant laying half on top of them. Atlas smiled down at her while Axel shoved her off him.

"I'm starting to think there's a pair of wombies in you. How much do you fucking weigh?" He huffed. Aurora rolled her eyes and turned to lean against Atlas's side to kick Axel further down the couch.

"I weight the same as a tone of feather" She answered smartly. A curly strand fell down over her face and she huffed in annoyance.

"A tone of feathers isn't any lighter than a tone of bricks Aurora" Atlas answered calmly, brushing the annoying strand of hair out of her face, though not bothered to look up from the book in his lap. The three of them shared the same curly blonde locks. Axel preferred to keep his cut, tight on the sides and heavy on top, ya know the style I'm talking about. Atlas however, preferred his longer. It worked out for Aurora cause now he let's her do cute little braids in his hair to practice.

"That makes no sense Atlas, you're talking from your arse" Aurora hushed him and his nonsense. How can a tone of feathers weigh the same as a tone of bricks? Preposterous!

"Fuckin' hell Atlas, you're supposed to be the smart one" Axel sneered. Aurora nodded her head and tilted her head back to look at him in disappointment. Atlas looked at them as if they were stupid before shaking his head. They drifted into a silence after that and Aurora took the time to look around the room. It was huge, with really high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows, which Aurora find stupid seeing as they can easily be targeted during a shoot out, but what does she know? It was very pretty though, despite the room being pretty bare, only a fireplace, couches and a coffee table. The brown boxes for this room lay untouched also.

Out of all of them, the triplets were probably the least excited about moving. They was happy back in Ireland, but Levi wasn't. He explained it all to them, trying to make the move easier but proving this is something we have to do. Ya see, Ireland was a small country, which meant it lacked any allies around them. They were an open target if someone dared to attack, but at the time they moved to Ireland, it was the best choice. It was the only choice, anywhere else being to risqué. However, even though it was safe, it meant they lost all allies.

Levi and Alaric looked through their fathers, their fathers, old documents to determine allies and their location. Their fathers gang was situated in Italy, where Levi, Alaric and Isaac grew up mostly. The triplets were babies and Elijah was only a toddler. Until disaster struck, and their father sent them away with his brother, where he took them to another spot in the South of Italy. Antonio King was an evil man, however. They recieved the news a couple days later that their father had been killed. Their uncle took over their fathers role as don, but made more enemies during the process and Levi didn't like that. He was an awful keader and an even more awful uncle. He left many scats on that family, especially the younger ones, that they didn't often speak about due to the torment it brought back. So, as soon as Levi had a safe place, house and money set up, he killed their uncle, took over the role as the Don and moved them to Ireland.

In Bellville, Ohio, it was a quiet town with friendly neighbours. Yet it was snug in the middle of other gangs and mafias that papa had previously formed allies with. People were always trying trying track them down.

More specifically, Aurora. The King's Mafia were notorious. Their father was a well known ruthless leader, however he was well respected. Many smaller gangs and other global mafias craved to be an ally of his, for one of two reasons. Being an ally means you were protected, he was a very loyal many and always kept his word. However, being an enemy was far from what anyone could hope for. Enemies of Lorenzo King never survived long anyway.

Levi interrupted their thoughts as he entered, followed by the rest of their lovely brothers. He stood by the fire place, on his phone. Isaac and Elijah took a seat on the couch across from the triplets while Alaric leaned against the door frame.

Levi slipped his phone into the pocket of his dress pants and looked up at the. all. He clasped his hands and smiled.

"I have good news" He announced, answering the silent question as to why they were all gathered here. "The Knights gang is coming over for dinner. Sebastian Knight, leader of the gang, heard of our arrival and asked to have dinner to catch up. He was delighted to hear his old friends family had moved locally" Levi grinned.

Isaacs eyes widened."So soon? Levi, I won't have anything prepared!" He panicked. Axel and Aurora chuckled at their brothers flustered state, to which Isaac ignored. Before Levi could even answer him, he was out the door, making his way his way the kitchen.

"When will they be here?" Atlas asked curiously.

"Around five. There will only be around six of them. I want all of you to go get showers and dressed into evening clothes. Our first meeting needs to be impressionable as word of it will spread like wildfire. Aurora, arms, legs and chest need to be covered. Most of these are men and if you even attempt to seduce them I will lock you in your room like the true princess you are" Levis voice was stern, leaving no room for argument as he stared at Aurora intensely. Her jaw dropped. She wasn't at all surprised but just wanted wanted be dramatic.

"Ya know Levi, usually a sentence like 'I'll buy you flowers everyday day' follows the sentence 'like the true princess you are'. In fact, lock me in my room. Sleeping Beauty's, aka Aurora's, prince found her in a tower and they fucked upon first meeting. See how pleased you are when I'm knocked up by an intruder" She huffed, leaning further against Atlas for emotional support. Atlas only sighed and ran a hand down his face while Levi glared at her with a warning hinted in his crystal blue eyes.

"Some necrophilia shit going on here, damn Aurora" Elijah jeered as he shook his head. Levi snapped his gaze towards the troublemaker himself which cause Elijah to raise his hands in surrender.

"This is your doing" Levi growled. Elijah flitted his gaze to Aurora, squinting his eyes at her smug expression before he looked back at Levi and sighed innocently.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, she ruined me. She's the bad influence on me and because of that, I just can't keep it up anymore" The devilish middle child puts up a good act, admittedly, but he was no match for Aurora and Axel. He taught them after all.

"What can't you keep up?" Axel asked curiously as he cocked his head curiously Elijah.

"This act or your pants" Aurora continued, copying Axels action. Axel stuck his hand out towards her to which she smoothly did their handshake all while keeping a curious, innocent gaze on Elijah.

Elijahs facade dropped and he rolled his eyes. When Aurora and Axel weren't fighting, they made a good pair. Well Axel was just a bonus to her incredible-ness, like an accessory. An unnecessary accessory, like a backpack, but we still bring them along for the ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 137 12
๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐š ๐‹๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‘๐ข๐ญ๐ณ๐จ is back, healthier, and happier (sorta). She spends her life walking and running the streets of New York City...
233K 6.2K 31
"Why do you always look like that?" "Like what?" "Like you hate every person in this room." "That's because I do." "Why? What did these people do to...
3K 178 42
Aurora's life was not easy, no one could deny that. Knowing no better. A child of the circumstances, one would say. Staying in her confines set out...