Queen Of The Crows // Haikyuu

By YukikoOtonashii

Jumping from home to home isn't easy, specially for Haneul Kazama. Shy, small and sensitive, she moves for th... More

#1: Meeting The Team
#2: Part of The Team
#3: Surviving The Rumours
#4: Training Camp
#5: The Practice Match
#6: Bullying
#7: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 1)
#8: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 2)
#9: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 3)
#10: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 4)
#11: Used To Be Mine
#12: Grades and Finals
#13: Let's Go To Tokyo!
#14: Greed
#16: The New Family
#17: Gears
#18: Akiteru
#19: Let the Games Begin!
#20: Simple and Pure Strength
γ€ŠAnnouncement》
#21: Still Growing
#22: The Queen of The Crows
#23: Wiping Out
#24: The Lucky Charm
γ€ŠThe More You Know #1》
#25: The Threat of The "Left"
#26: Self Evaluation
#27: Performing Camp
#28: Girl Crush

#15: Unspoken Thing

677 19 8
By YukikoOtonashii

One week was left for summer break, and Haneul was just at a cafe, with her good friend, Angelina. "I'm saying, this is your chance, Angie. You've liked him for a while now..." Haneul chuckled while taking a sip of her french vanilla. Angelina leaned back on her chair, crossing her arms. "Yeah, but he just got out of a relationship. It would be so weird..."

Haneul was trying to convince her friend to confess her feelings for the pretty-boy setter of Aoba Johsai, since his girlfriend dumped him a few weeks ago. So far, she wasn't very convincing. "Why did they break up?" "She said he was 'too involved in volleyball'. I mean, if that's what he loves, she should've supported him... Bitch..." Haneul detected a bit of anger in her friend's voice as she sipped her drink. The blue eyed girl then asked, "How did you know I liked Toru?"

"Your eyes were completely glued on him during the matches I saw," Haneul chuckled, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. "I also think he likes you. He says your name so nicely..." "You're one to talk. Aren't you and the tall blond dating? Erm, Tsukihima?" Haneul immediately turned red. "W-what?! With Kei?! What m-makes you think that?"

Angelina grinned, leaning in on the dark wood table. "Oh? I thought you were. I always see you holding hands and walking together. And aren't you living with him?" When Haneul didn't say anything, she continued softly, "And when I went to see you at the hospital, he was asleep aside you. He was holding your hand like he was afraid. I mean, I was too, but... Honestly if you can't see that, you're super oblivious, Hanie."

"I actually do like him... But I thought I just felt thankful to him for getting me out of there," Haneul softly said. After a small silence, Angelina smiled, and said, "Alright! If you confess your feelings for Tsukishima, I'll confess mine to Toru. Deal?" Haneul thought about it, and slowly nodded. "Okay, sounds good." "Great! But first thing's first: how do I prank Toru's ex?" "W-well, you can always just put loose glitter on her clothes while she's at practice. Isn't she a cheerleader?" Angelina stood and patted the brunette on the head. "This is why I love you."

The next two days were hell for Haneul. She paid close attention to what Kei normally did with her that she'd learn to see as normal. Currently, he was laying on his bed, reading some manga while she laid aside him, with her head on his side. They always did this, but why hadn't she noticed?

It wasn't even the weirdest thing they had done together, either. Whenever they had to walk by where the girls who bullied her hung out in the park area, Kei would switch places with her and put an arm around her, glaring at them. He certainly didn't do that before. On top of that, whenever Haneul was cold, he'd give her his sweatshirts without her asking.

Today, she finally wanted to ask him. Were they a thing? Was this just all in her head? Then she remembered, that one time she had said she wasn't used to being conservative, that she wished to be hugged and held. Maybe that's what he was doing? Just fulfilling her wish? It was eating her alive, so she had to ask him, or it would probably kill her by keeping her up at night.

Besides, if he said otherwise, she'd be moving out on Friday anyways to go live with Keishin. So, there's nothing holding her back.

The short haired brunette turned around laying her head on his chest. "What?" Kei asked, still looking at his manga. "Are we dating?" Haneul blushed when she asked, but Kei blushed even harder, if it even was possible. "Why the sudden question?" He tried to play it cool, and Haneul was buying it. She took it harshly, like a "how dare you even ask?", and Kei noticed. "Do you want to?" He asked, looking at her from the corner of his eye.

"I-I m-mean, I don't want to obligate y-you or anything..." Haneul murmured, closing her eyes. She opened them when she felt Kei's hand on her head. "I thought I was pretty obvious," he said with a smirk, but it was clear he was blushing. He put his manga down, sitting up momentarily and wrapping his arm around her, bringing her up to lay aside him. She was still blushing madly.

"You n-never said a-anything..." Kei buried his face on the crook of her neck, while he held her by the waist. "I guess doing what American boys do backfired a bit," he mumbled, causing her to laugh little. "Or maybe you're just very oblivious. Even so, you're mine." Haneul silently rolled her eyes at Kei trying to keep up his cool image, and kept on cuddling with him for a few more minutes.

"Kei-kun, my leg is asleep."

The next day, Haneul woke up in Akiteru's room, wondering how the hell she got there. The brunette blushed when she recalled the events from the past night, concluding that she fell asleep in Kei's room and he carried her there. Then, there was a knock on the door. "Yah, Haneul-chan! Wake up! Breakfast is ready," Kei yelled through the door. "Coming," she called, grabbing her phone from the night stand.

She had three messages from Angelina. The first two were pictures: one of what she concluded as Oikawa's ex's locker full of glitter, and the other, her school clothes and shoes from the club room. The last message read, "She didn't suspect a thing!"

Haneul smiled, replying, "Great! By the way, you have to confess to Oikawa-senpai." She then left her phone on her bed, and went to shower and do her business. On the walk to school, Tadashi caught up quick, and congratulated the two with a smile. Their day went on normally, with Haneul and Tadashi doing most of the talking.

After school, while changing, Haneul got a call from Angelina, and rapidly answered. "Moshi mosh-" "You can't just drop a bomb like that and leave me hanging! Anyways when?! How?! Where?!" When the German girl calmed down, Haneul explained everything, getting a sort of squeal from her. "That sounds so cute! Now I have to think of a way to tell the Trash Can..." Oh yeah, that's how Angelina referred to Oikawa from time to time. "I have to go, or I'll be late. I'll see you after the training camp, then," Haneul said, hanging up afterwards.

At the gym, Keishin called on Haneul to talk about when he'll pick her up. "I leave school at midday on Saturdays because of the advance schedule. You can pick me up then," Haneul said with a smile. Keishin ruffled her hair, nodding. "Alright! The house is all set up, and all is left is you and your things," the blonde man said, grinning.

"All of my aunts and cousins will be so surprised." Haneul turned her head in curiosity of what he spoke, causing him to think of how cute she was. "Ahem, there's a family reunion for the old man's birthday Saturday afternoon. The only people that know about you are ma' and pa'. I'm looking forward to pranking my aunts and cousins," he laughed evily, causing Haneul to worry a bit. And thus, she continued her day's training, looking forward of the days to come.

Instagram: rosegold.365

Thought I'd finish with a picture of Haneul and Angelina!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 5.3K 36
Y/n's parents thought it would be nice if y/n lived alone so she could learn to become independent. She enrolled to Karasuno high school as a third-y...
125K 3.5K 24
TW: mental health, mentions of depression and medication Y/N Y/L/N is a recently transferred 3rd year who has bad mental health problems. When she ge...
112K 2.6K 48
Kageyama and Y/n studied in the same middle school. Although Kageyama had been madly in love with Y/n since he first laid eyes on her, his anxiety an...
325K 5.8K 29
You are Hinata's childhood bestfriend. You guys grow up together until you move to America in middle school. Now you are back to Japan, you will atte...