The Forbidden Act

By amour-seraph

Vampires exist. And they live amongst us, hidden within the shadows and right under our noses. They are beaut... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 3

569 70 265
By amour-seraph

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!

The hallway fell silent and everyone began to exist their dorms, surrounding our heated bodies to watch the commotion. The vampires were behind Amelia, whilst the Hunters were behind me.

I glared at her, with my right foot forward, ready to lunge at her if she tried something.

Amelia begins to cackle.

" You really think you can kill me, Cross," she held her belly as continued to laugh, "I can kill you in a blink of an eye, you're nothing compared to me!"

She started to approach me slowly, "I am Amelia Ivanov! Do not test me." She growled.

Amelia Ivanov. Part of the Ivanov family, one of the most prestigious families in the Volturi, representing a part of Russia. The female vampires in the family were known for their beautiful appearance, used to seduce their prey.

Before I could do anything, Ryder stands between us with his hands pushing us away from each other.

"Stop, both of you." He looked at both of us one at a time when speaking.

"It's against the rules to fight or to kill each other. It's forbidden!"

I scoffed and stood upright, the tall Artemis by my side as I challenged her to do something.

Amelia rolls her eyes impatiently and turns around, walking in the opposite direction followed by her vampire comrades.

"Bitch." Jasmine muttered besides me before turning around and facing the other Hunters.

"Why you all standing there, get a move on! We've got class to get to!"

After a few mumbling, everyone dispersed.

Jasmine was dorm president, meaning she was able to boss others around and they have to oblige- both the Day classes and Night classes. She was entrusted with this position by Father.

Unlike most students, Jasmine came to the academy later than the rest of us, almost 4 years ago when her parents were slaughtered by a vampire in front of 13 years olds Kai and Jasmine.

Father welcomed them both with open arms and continued their training as Vampire Hunters, never allowing them to forget about where they came from and their legacy as being part of the Browns.

Kai looked down at his phone, "Shit! We're gonna be late to class!" He announced before running down the hall.

Jasmine, Ryder and I all looked at each other.

"SHIT!" We all said in unison, before sprinting down the hall, following Kai meters in front of us.

Just before we made a sharp right turn in the direction of the staircase, we see Kai standing straight with his arms by his side and his head bowed down as a sign of respect.

Immediately, we notice the headmaster towering over Kai.

Stopping in our tracks and standing still, our eyes darted down on the floor, obediently waiting for the headmaster to begin talking.

"What are you kids still doing in the halls, class started 2 minutes ago."

The headmaster had a deep voice that was soothing and yet unnerving.

Our lips still shut, we didn't speak.

The headmaster was the best Vampire Hunter to exist, therefore deserved the upmost respect.

To not speak, unless spoken to; and to never talk back.

He had killed the most vampires in the whole Hunters Association; so, even vampires feared him.

"You may speak, Anastasia."

I slowly looked up to him, a stern expression etched on his face.

He had dull blue eyes, with no trace of warmth. A dark stubble appeared across his jaw and a scar across his left cheek from when he was young. He had wrinkles carved in his forehead and dirty dark blonde hair. He wore a clean suit and his hands behind him as though he was inspecting me, giving him an intimidating image.

Cogently, I answered him, "Headmaster, there was a commotion. But we took care of it."

I looked at him dead in his eyes as I spoke.

He raked his hand through his hair as he sighed loudly.

"I see." He looked at the others, "Jasmine, Malachi and Ryder. Get to class."

They looked up and gave an understanding nod. "Yes headmaster." They said simultaneously, before scurrying past us and jumping down the stairs to rush to their lesson.

I looked back up to the headmaster. "You know, you can always call me 'Dad', right?" He gave a weak smile and bought his hands forward. I looked down to his hands to see a neatly wrapped present. "Happy birthday Anastasia."

I slowly bought my hands forward to touch the present. "What is it?" I asked curiously. I took the present from his hands and carefully start to unwrap it.

"Open it and see." Father's smile grew warmly when a small, velvet box was exposed. I opened the small container to see a beautiful golden necklace with a precious red gemstone.

He took the box and gestured me to turn around. I pulled my ponytail to one side, allowing him to put it on me.

The cold necklace touched my skin, sending shivers down my spine. A bolt of electricity washed over me, disappearing as quickly as it came; as though it were feeling of familiarity.

I touched the red pendant, tracing the smooth texture.

"That night, 8 years ago, when I found you, I also found this necklace on the floor. It was covered in snow but it glowed. I picked it up just as I was about to leave, with you in my arms. I figured, it's time for you to have it. Maybe it has some link to your past. Maybe not, who knows." Still touching the stone, I looked up to him. He had a hopeful expression on his face.

He put his hands on my shoulders and pulled me in his chest; wrapping his arms around me. "I don't think I say this enough, but you are a strong woman. And I am proud to call you my daughter."

I froze in shock. My face planted on his chest and his chin rested on the top of my head. My arms were ironed to my side as his were wrapped around.

A hug?

He moved his arms back to my shoulder and pushed me at arms length.

"Okay, I shouldn't take up more of your time. Get going to class, yeah?" He patted my shoulder and begins to walk past me.

I wasn't used to feeling like that. Father rarely showed his emotions like me; he taught me to be like him. He said that 'emotions lead to attachments, which leads to expectations and finally disappointment.'

Shit! I'm gonna be late!

I begin to sprint down the stairs and to my class. I hid the red jewel under my blouse as I entered the classroom.

"Ms Cross. You're late." Mr Lexi stated when I took a step inside the classroom.

No shit sherlock.

He pushed his glasses back and continued to eye me.

Pedo.

"Sorry sir. I was with the headmaster."

"In that case, you can join Jasmine, Malachi and Ryder in garbage duty." He said condescendingly. I roll my eyes and proceed to take my seat next to Jasmine.

"Dick." She muttered and I sighed in agreement, sinking into my chair.

The class was made up of only the Day class students. But in the evening is when the Night classes take place.

Once a week, the Day classes and Night classes join together to put the lessons they have learnt into action. This includes building friendships and learning about one and other.

Kai uses this time to have sex with one or two of them, whilst Ryder takes the time to ask questions and make notes in his notepad. Jasmine, like every other female Hunter, begins to flirt with the most attractive one she sees. She swears that she wouldn't fall in love with vampire, but I've noticed how she's taken a particular liking to one of them.

Me, on the other hand, use this time to build on my training, away from the socializing environment; alone in the woods, practicing my sword skills and teaching myself to use other weapons.

The academy is in the middle of nowhere, miles away from civilization. It's surrounded by a forest, filled with tall trees.

Wood is deadly to a vampire, even a little splinter would be excruciating to them. So New Borns would rarely choose to linger here.

When the lesson finally ended, I walked with Jasmine through the hallway.

"So... you know, Zach right?" She begins. I looked down at her, she was at least an inch smaller than me.

"Who?"

"Zach.. you know... Zacharius Rizzo." She said slowly.

Zacharius Rizzo was an aristocratic vampire. He had black, long hair that stuck on his forehead, and piercing blue eyes. He was well-known for his devilish smirks that gets the girls of the Day class infatuated over, including Jasmine.

The Rizzo family is the most powerful in the Volturi, representing Italy and making majority of the decisions in the vampire world.

They had exceptional power of telepathy and mind control. Zach also had this power but agreed to not use it whilst in the academy.

"Oh. Um yeah, what about him?" I asked.

Jasmine began to smile and started to close her eyes.

"Well, ummmm..." She begins to lick her lips, "he wants me to meet him later on today,"

She took out her phone and showed me the message.

"Ugh, but we have the garbage detention from Mr Lexi. What a dick!" She groaned.

I looked at her, blankly. "Yeah Jaz, garbage duty... during the Night classes." Jasmine looked back at me. Her pouting expression morphed to glee.

"Ooooohhhhhh, oh my god. You're a genius! I will get to see him without even having to sneak out the dorm!"

I rolled my eyes and continued walking down the hall, passing every classroom and other students walking to their next class.

We made our way outside to the forest for our practical lesson.

--------------------

As soon as we got outside, we took our places spread across a field with no trees around us. I stood in between Kai and Jaz, a few meters of distance between us.

We were handed a bow and arrow each. Jasmine jumped in happiness, gripping the bow to her chest. Kai began to groan and stomped his foot, like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

"Seriously? Can you just give me a gun, sir?" Kai looked at Mr Lexi. Mr Lexi was our mentor- he taught us both theory and practical every single day.

Dick.

"No. Hunters are supposed to excel in all skills, so that they have no limit. Now shoot that target."

Mr Lexi pointed to a wooden target in the middle of the field, which had the outline of a human. There were 3 of them, indicating for us to take turns of 3 at the time.

"Cross and both Browns, you're up."

We took a couple steps forward so that we were facing our targets, they were at least 100 meters away from us.

"Get in position, and when you're ready, shoot."

I took an arrow and attached it to the bow, pulling the string back so my hand rested above my cheek. I inhaled. Positioning my right foot forward and gripping the bow with my left hand, I closed my right eye and focused on my target.

Feeling the cool breeze kissing my face, I exhaled. I released the arrow and watched it land on the left side of the target's chest.

From the corner of my eye, I can see Jasmine's arrow landing perfectly on the target's head.

Kai, on the other hand, failed. Miserably.

His arrow flew past the targets head and into the forest, pass the trees. The other Day classes laughed at him, whilst Mr Lexi scowled him.

"Cross, that was perfect. Instant kill." Mr Lexi nodded his head in approval, " Jasmine, that was great, you immobilized the target." Jas conceitedly flicked her hair.
"Malachi." Mr Lexi shook his head in disappointment and sighed, dissatisfied.
Kai rubbed the back of his neck, awkwardly. A small smile on his face as he laughs quietly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 62 38
I am Dragomira Ivanovna. Let me tell you the story of how I became a vampire queen. Listen carefully. It is full of twists and turns, love, hate and...
Two Worlds By

Werewolf

40.1K 1.4K 35
In a world where the supernatural live separate from the humans, some live with us but they mostly live in their own worlds. The Royals had a devasta...
301K 2.9K 29
❝𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭.❞ ♤ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢...
8.9K 559 35
"You were born a Vampire Hunter. You were trained one and above all, you got some freaky spell on you that binds you to the Vampire princess. And sti...