The Forbidden Act

By amour-seraph

Vampires exist. And they live amongst us, hidden within the shadows and right under our noses. They are beaut... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 9

499 68 398
By amour-seraph

Make sure you vote and comment. AND SHARE!!!

I could feel Hardin tensing under his touch, his large hand still on my shoulder. He looked as though he was calm and collected. A strong, unreadable facade as he looked down at the bowing vampires.

A blank slate etched on his face. Clear of any emotions. His nostrils flare as he takes a final deep breath, giving him a predatory appearance. He held his head up high standing straight and upright, taunting anyone to look him in the eye. But of course, no one dared to challenge his presence.

He moved his hand away from my shoulder, dragging it down to my waist.

He pulls me closer to him and moves his intense gaze to look at me.

"I'll see you soon, Red."

Keeping my eyes down at the sight below me, calming my nerves.

He's a vampire dammit, fucking toughen up.

I felt his warm breath kiss my ear as he softly spoke in a husky voice. He removed his warm presence and made his way to the top of the stairs.

His toned arms rested at his side, showing him to be at ease as the vampires lifted their head to greet the PureBlood.

He looked at me one last time before descending down the stairs. His eyes twinkled with the color of rich brown earth after a spring rain. Flecked with cinnamon and swirls of hazelnut hues.

He turned back around, a suave smirk peering from the corner of his face before he disappears down the stairs.

What the fuck Annie? Cat got your tongue all of a sudden!?

"There you are!" Jasmine's booming voice caught me by surprise as she comes from behind me. Kai and Ryder shortly following close behind her from the corridor.

She began to laugh at my shocked expression as my whole body jolted in surprise.

"Shout louder next time would ya. " I groaned, looking irately at Jas.
She looked smugly up at me.

"You still love me," she nudged me with your elbow, her gleeful lips curl into a massive grin, showcasing her naturally straight teeth; and I can't help but smile at her change in mood.

Grateful that she's now her normal cheery self and not the haggard, distressed girl she was last night.

"How are you not cold? You're just standing here with some yoga leggings and a t-shirt." Ryder asked, his sky-blue, cloudless eyes looking me up and down. "Were you training again?"

"Do you have to ask?" Kai rolled his eyes at his clueless friend. He looked back at me as though he was taking in my appearance for the first time. His emerald eyes shining in adoration. "Hi.." he said shyly with a dimpled smile.

"Hey." I returned his smile.

Scanning his face deeply, I noticed how he had dark bags under his eyes. Probably from a lack of sleep. My gaze trailed up to his jade eyes with red lines surrounding the brink of his irises.

He was high.

Realizing that I had noticed, Kai tore away from my penetrating gaze to look back at Ryder, trying to engage in a conversation.

"Umm, on that note, I should probably change if I'm gonna be sticking around." I announced.

"What really?" Jasmine asked, "well that's a first." She looked at me suspiciously, trying to deduce something. Her hands resting on her hips as she looked at me, up and down.

I nodded slowly, with my lips pressed to form a straight line, forcing a smile.

"This hasn't got anything to do with a special vampire, does it?" She concluded. A smile creeped on her face and the golden flecks in her eyes sparkling in amusement.

"Ugh, give it up Jas. I'm not you." I rolled my eyes.

Jasmine starts guffawing, her eyes screwed shut, one hand on her knee as she begins leaning forward and the other smacking poor Ryder on the back of his head.

"Did you hear her, she said she's not me!" Jasmine said between laughs, gasping for air as she began to lean on Ryder.
"Annie, hunny. You're not fooling anyone, you're gonna be WORSE than me!" And she begins laughing once more, gasping for air.
"Imma give you two weeks tops!"

Like a fucking hyena on drugs.

"Damn girl, you been smoking weed too?" Ryder held onto Jasmine, looking at her with hilarity yet his eyebrows furrowed anxiously.

Her laugh abruptly stopped and she stood upright.
"What?" She questioned, her eyes wide open as she looks up at Ryder.

His hands were up and he begins to stutter, "Um too, I said that, Well- What I meant to say was um, I- What?"

Kai was now slowly turning around, ready to bolt down the corridor.

"MALACHI BENTLEY BROWN!" Jasmine shrieked so loudly that the echo travelled down the hall. A few cutleries dropped, and the chattering was momentarily silenced as everyone in the hall looked to see what the commotion was all about.

Jasmine's hands were balled up into tiny fists beside her, her glistening hazel eyes now a blacken dark shade of hunter green. Her nostrils flared and Kai began to sprint down the corridor.

Ryder sheepishly looked down at the silenced crowd, "You may continue!" He yelled loud enough.

Turning around and trying to avoid anymore attention, I tried making my way back to my dorm room.

Jasmine quickly grabbed my hand before I was out of reach, pulling me back to her.

"Nuh-uh. Where do you think you're going." She said, shaking her head before dragging me next to her.

"I'm gonna get changed. Don't worry, I'm not disappearing." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right!" She scoffed incredulously, "But before you go. Headmaster told me to give you this." She presented me an Artemis rod that she quickly pulled from Ryder's open backpack.

It wasn't the same as my original Artemis Rod.

As I took it from her hands, I noticed that it had golden etchings of patterns that felt smooth under my touch. It had a stronger grip and was lightweight, allowing me to wield the rod with elegance as every twist and turn glides through the air with ease.

"Show off." Jasmine mutters.

I giggle at her expression as she rolls her eyes.
"I'll be quick, don't miss me too much." I squeezed her lightly on her shoulder.

"Whatever bitch, I'll dancing in the hall with Zach." She replied, clapping her hands excitedly, already searching her lover down the stairs.

Jasmine was the actual definition of bipolar.

"No you are not. Are you dumb?" Ryder gasped, looking at Jas bewilderedly , "Kai was fuming yesterday because of that, don't get him even more worked up!"

"Huh? What's he gonna do? Smoke me to death!" She scoffed, crossing her arms as she looked at Ryder; challenging him.

Ryder put his hands up in defeat, "Hey, don't say I didn't warn you. I can't even calm him down anymore. You know how he spirals out of control whenever he smokes and drinks."

"Yeah, but I know someone who can.." Jasmine's perfectly arched stenciled eyebrows raise as she begins nodding towards my direction.

"Annie, why don't you recreate that sexy moment you and Kai were having before I interrupted.." Now she was wriggling her eyebrows, a huge grin plastered on her face as she began to shake her head amusingly.

"Say what now?" Ryder said with wide eyes and raised eyebrows looking back at me and Jas. I roll my eyes and turn around, starting to walk away.

"Come Ryder, I'll tell you all about it." I heard Jasmine chuckle as she starts pushing Ryder towards the stairs.

-------------------

I made my way through the quiet corridor and up the stairs. I focused on the loud steps echoing in the closed staircase as my foot stomped on the iron floor. I felt the vibrations travelling up my leg after each step as I fiddled with the Rod in my hands. I closed my eyes and allowed my mind wonder.

His smooth touch and his peppermint breath. The way his gentle fingers made me melt under their touch as he grazed my warm skin. His honeyed waft aerated the back of my neck. He reeked of power, the strong aura surrounding his presence emanated strength and respect.

He sent goosebumps across every inch of my body and I craved his touch...

A vampire's touch.

Never forget. Never forget your past.

I mustn't forget everything. I am a Vampire Hunter. Vampires are cold blooded beasts. The sole reason for their being is to kill humans. Now isn't a time to act so reckless.

I detest vampires. It's all I ever think about. How to kill them, how to eradicate them from the face of this earth. I wouldn't be caught dead being friends with them. Let alone, love.

"Kai?"

I opened my eyes to see Kai slumped against my dorm door. Beads of sweat were trickling from his forehead, down his temples. He was struggling to keep his eyes open as he threw his head back at the door.

He wore a sleeveless black top, his smooth and hard fawn muscles contracting vigorously as he grabbed his short curly hair, tugging on it forcefully.

He groans frustratedly, on the brink of tears as he begins to shake his head side to side.

He was in pain.

And he definitely wasn't just high.

SORRY FOR THE WAIT YALLLLLLLL
*evil laugh* HEHEHEHEHEH

I HOPE YALL ENJOYED THIS!!!
BE SURE TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

BTW I'm trying to make my chapters shorter for you lazy readers hehe, this was 1600 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Dusk By des

Vampire

20.7K 1.4K 61
**MATURE CONTENT & COMPLETED** A smart-mouth 23 year old girl looks normal, but is anything but that. She's a highly skilled hunter who trained day a...
49 5 7
"You really should run away from me, Aunty," he kissed her cheek- so soft, he melted. "But I'll find you. No matter where you go, even death can't hi...
7.4K 2.2K 29
Imagine going from this: "Can I kiss you?" Those words reverberated through my ears and sent shivers down my spine, literally. I could sense the pass...
68.2K 2.1K 40
"P-please don't kill me!" I cried, closing my eyes and waiting for the pain of his teeth, sinking into my skin. Candice is a normal eighteen year ol...