Haikyuu x Male! Reader One-sh...

By astridtheotter

"We are the protagonists of the world." ~~~ You see the title heathens. ☁️ - Fluff πŸ‹ - NSFW πŸ’” - Angst πŸ’˜... More

Requests (CLOSED)
BokuAka x Male Reader
MatsuHana x Dominant! Male Reader
Daichi x Male Reader
Osamu x Male Reader
Tsukishima x Male Reader
Goshiki x Male Reader
Tsukishima x Male Reader
Kenma x Male Reader
Kyotani x Male Reader
Ukai x Teacher! Male Reader
Aone x Small! Male Reader
Lev x Tall! Male Reader
Asahi x Male Reader
Kuroo x Dancer! Male Reader
Yamaguchi x Insomniac! Male Reader
Iwaizumi x Athlete! Male Reader
Suna x Male Reader
Kyotani x Shy! Reader
Iwaizumi x Small! Male Reader
Terushima x Feminine! Male Reader
Kageyama x Chubby! Male Reader
Kenma x Short! Flirty! Male Reader
Terushima x Skater! Male Reader
Nishinoya x Shy! Male Reader
Tsukishima x Short Blocker! Male Reader
Tsukishima x Tall! Male Reader
Heartbroken! Hinata x Male Reader
Tsukishima x Chubby! Male Reader
Kenma x Seme! Heartthrob! Male Reader
Bokuto x FTM Trans! Male Reader
Kuroo/Tsukki x Insecure! Male Reader
Atsumu x Dominant! Male Reader
Terushima x Skater! Male Reader - Part 2
Shirabu x Male Reader
Nishinoya x Shy! Male Reader - Part 2
Kyotani x Sweet! Male Reader
Tsukishima x Male Reader
Nishinoya x Depressed! Male Reader
Tsukishima x Male Reader
KuroKen x FTM Trans! Male Reader
TsukkiYama x Chubby! Male Reader
Oikawa x Playboy! Male Reader
Yaku x Male Reader
Akaashi x Dom! Male Reader
a/n - new discord server
fin! β™‘οΈŽ

Ushijima x Male Reader

61.9K 1K 1.2K
By astridtheotter

☁️ / 💔
ushijima pspspsp u look like u give good hugs
btw again the angst doesn't involve ushijima- but death and abusive relationships are mentioned.
presented by: ushijima's secretly dumb beautiful ass

Ushijima and (M/N) (L/N) were neighbors. But God, did they despise each other.
Okay, that's not completely true. It's more like (M/N) hates Ushijima because he tried to persuade him and his captain - Oikawa - to join Shiratorizawa, while Ushijima is just confused on why (M/N) won't agree. And it didn't help that the two lived right next to each other.

Luckily, Ushijima wasn't home much. Only on weekends. That made (M/N) happy. But there were weekends where he wished Ushijima didn't come home, or didn't exist for that matter.

There was the Saturday that (M/N) got into a fight with his parents. The next morning, when he was sitting in his backyard to cool his nerves, Ushijima poked his head over the fence. "(L/N)-san, is everything alright? I heard shouting."

"I'm fine, stupid Ushiwaka."

There was the Saturday (M/N) had his boyfriend over. They were so loud that Ushijima could hear. When (M/N) left the house with hickeys the next day, Ushijima commented, "I hope you used protection."

"Oh shut the hell up, weirdo!"

And there was the Saturday when (M/N) and his boyfriend broke up. Ushijima could hear the boy's weeping and loud music from his bedroom window. The next morning, he was worried when something went flying out the teen's bedroom window. He opened his window, peeking down at the ground. A photo was in the grass. He looked up. "Are you okay?"

"GO AWAY!"

Ushijima sighed. Another weekend, gone and over with. Truth be told, he didn't know why he cared so much about his neighbor. But he did know one thing for sure; he wanted to befriend him.

So the next weekend, he was going to do just that.

~~~

Rain. That was all (M/N) could see. He shuddered as he tugged his school jacket closer to his body while he walked home from volleyball practice. Just as he turned the corner, he saw a familiar giant, clad in white and purple, kneeling down on the sidewalk, facing an alley. He clicked his tongue. 'What is this idiot doing?' He asked himself, getting ready to go around. 'He'll get sick.'

He went around Ushijima, humming as if it were nothing. At least, until he heard a distressed meow. (M/N) turned around, eyes wide as Ushijima looked up. "(L/N)-kun," he spoke. "This cat is giving birth. Can you help me?"

'Damnit! I love cats, but why does he have to be around?!' (M/N) internally cursed. He sighed and nodded. "Sure," he muttered. He walked back over, reaching into his backpack and pulling out a towel. "We shouldn't move her, but it's going to start storming soon, and we need to get ourselves and her inside."

"Right," Ushiwaka agreed. "We'll go to my house-"

"Absolutely not-!"

"(L/N)," Ushijima stopped him. "Please. She'll give birth at any second."

(M/N) groaned, giving in. "Help me move her then," he grunted. Ushijima nodded and with surprisingly delicate movements, moved the stray cat on to the towel. He picked her up, then (M/N) held his umbrella up over them. "Let's go."
They walked as fast as they could to Ushijima's house, as to not disturb the cat too much. When they got inside, they laid her and the towel down on the ground. "Grab me wash cloths, a fresh towel, floss, and some fresh clothes," he ordered. Then, he sighed. "Please. Sorry."

"It's okay," Ushijima mumbled back. He got up and left, then returned a few minutes later with what his neighbor had requested. "Now what?"

"Well, it depends on how long she's been giving birth," (M/N) answered as he took off his soggy clothes and tucked them in his back. "When I was searching cats for a school project, it said it takes between two or five hours, but can sometimes last for a full twenty-four. But we're not supposed to interfere with the birth," he spoke as he changed into Ushijima's clothes, which were way too big for his body.

"So why do we need the towel and wash cloth?" He asked, also changing into some clothes he brought for himself. "And the floss?"

"Just in case she can't do everything by herself. The mom is supposed to be able to break open the sac her babies come in, then clean them and break their umbilical cord," (M/N) answered. "The floss is for the cords. But seeing how much pain this cat's in, she'll need help."

"I see," Ushijima nodded. "So.. we just wait then?"

"Mhm," (M/N) sighed. "Unfortunately..."

Time began to pass, and the thunder outside roared. (M/N) began to delicately trace his fingers over small scars on his body, humming. Ushijima glanced at him every now and then. Then, he spoke. "(L/N), do you hate me?"

"W-What?" (M/N) looked up, caught off guard. He saw the look in the ace's eyes and sighed, looking away guiltily. "N..No. Not really," he murmured.

"Then why are you so rude?" Ushijima bluntly asked. (M/N) cringed, keeping his head low. "Sorry. But.. it bothers me. It's been bothering me for a while now, I suppose. Or, well, you do, in general."
(M/N) looked up, trying to see what he meant, but that was before a loud wail escaped the cat in front of them. Their heads whipped forward, shocked to see a bloody kitten coming out. However, the mother cat didn't bother to try and clean the kitten; instead, she pushed out another. "Do we help?"

"Y-Yeah," (M/N) nodded. He approached, and while Ushijima walked off to get the wash cloths ready, he gently picked up the first kitten. He used the towel to break the sac it was in, cooing as he cleaned its nose. "Ushijima, hurry," he softly called out. Ushijima returned, smiling a bit as he sat back down. "Watch. I might need your help," he suddenly frowned, looking at the mother. "I.. I don't think she's gonna make it.."

Ushijima nodded. (M/N) took the damp washcloth and gently wiped the kitten down, then immediately took the other cloth to dry and warm it. However, it hadn't breathed yet. (M/N)'s breath hitched, fingers soothingly rubbing its small back. "C'mon baby, breathe for me," he whispered.

A few minutes went by. There were now about seven kittens laying out. Ushijima had started to help them as well, but (M/N) was still holding the first one. "(M/N)..." he murmured, about to tell him to let it go.

But suddenly, the kitten breathed.

They both let out a sigh of relief, looking at each other with fond smiles. Then, they found themselves blushing and looking away. "A-Are the rest okay?" (M/N) asked quietly.

"They're all alright, but the mother hasn't tried to cut their umbilical cords. I think we have to," Ushijima replied. (M/N) nodded, grabbing the pack of floss and tearing off a strand. He tied it around the umbilical cord, about two inches from the first kitten's body, then tied another piece about another inch. He held up a pair of scissors, but his hand trembled. "(L/N), do you need me to do it?"

"Please," (M/N) whispered. "I'll.. I'll check on the mother."

Ushijima took the scissors, eyeing the boy worriedly as he got up and stumbled over to the mother cat. As Ushijima cut the kitten's umbilical cord, then repeated the process on the other kittens, he occasionally looked up at (M/N). The teen was cradling the mother's head, whispering soft words as the cat mewled.

And then, her chest stopped moving.

Ushijima looked away, blinking back tears. He had to look back up, however, as (M/N) began to cry and caress the cat's fur. "W..We'll bury her properly," the ace suggested. (M/N) looked up and sadly smiled, wiping his tears away. "And I'll.. I'll take care of the kittens. I promise."

"Thank you, Ushijima-kun."

'Ushijima-kun? That's an improvement from stupid Ushiwaka.'

A few hours later, and after burying the mother, (M/N) and Ushijima were taking care of eight surprisingly small, but healthy, kittens. "They need to be fed, soon," (M/N) worried. "But their mother's passed, so.. we need kitten milk.."

"I can run and grab some," Ushijima suggested. (M/N) immediately looked bothered by the idea. The ace instead offered, "Or I can ask one of my teammates that owns a cat to bring some?"

"Please," (M/N) whispered. "I don't want to be left alone."

"Okay," Ushijima nodded. He dialed someone's number and spoke with them, then hung up. "He said he'll be here soon. He's bringing powdered kitten milk."
(M/N) simply nodded, eyes distant and sad. Ushijima scooted closer, worried. "(L/N).. something's wrong, isn't there?"

"Mhm."

"Your boyfriend.. the one you broke up with.."

"Mhm."

"Your hands.. the scissors.."

"Mhm."

"Those scars..?"

"Cut," (M/N) whispered, eyes tearing up. "I was cut twenty seven times with a pair of scissors. They weren't big cuts, nothing life threatening. But I was cut."

Ushijima's eyes widened a bit, and he gently rest a hand on (M/N)'s. The other teen let out a soft sob, looking away. "I don't hate you, Ushijima," he whimpered, tears spilling down his cheeks. "I just.. I've been in a world where everything was so dark.. and I.."

Ushijima squeezed his hand, telling him to stop. "I understand, you don't have to explain," he whispered. He scooted closer to (M/N), guiding the boy's head on to his shoulder. "You're okay."

(M/N) began to cry, his hands still holding one of the kittens. The kitten had began to nibble at his thumb, but he could care less. He hadn't been able to talk to anyone; he never expected it to be his neighbor. The rain outside certainly didn't help his mood either.
A few minutes later, Ushijima's friend had dropped off the powered kitten milk and some kitten bottles. He brought it inside, immediately making the milk for the kittens and then bringing it over. (M/N) was silent as he held two kittens, feeding them with a small smile. Ushijima managed to feed four at once, since his hands were larger and he could hold more. (M/N) giggled at the sight. When they finished feeding all eight kittens, the kittens all laid down on a blanket-lined basket Ushijima had brought down from the garage.

"I should.. probably go," (M/N) mumbled. He began to stand up and grab his stuff, but Ushijima stopped him. "Huh?"

"Don't," Ushijima murmured. "I..I don't know what I'm doing. I've never cared for cats before. Stay the night, please."

"I.."

"Please."

(M/N) sighed. "Okay," he mumbled. He sat back down, leaning against Ushijima and shutting his eyes. "You're lucky I think you're cool, Ushijima.."

Ushijima chuckled. "I suppose."

That night, (M/N) had a nightmare. "No no," he whispered. He covered his ears, trying to forget the screaming. "Stop.. no.."

"I own you, (M/N).."

"(M/N).."

"I own you.. (M/N).."

"(M/N).. (M/N).. (M/N)!"

(M/N) opened his eyes as he woke up, laying on a couch with a blanket draped over him. He squinted, seeing the kittens still resting peacefully in their basket after having been fed for the third time. He looked at the other couch, where Ushijima sat awake. The ace walked over, gently resting his hands on the boy's shoulders. "You're awake, at my house. Nobody is here," he stated flatly, but his eyes showed how concerned he was.

"U-Ushiw-waka.." (M/N) spoke. He sat up, tightly hugging the olive-haired male. "Please don't leave me.."

"You make it sound like we're dating."

They both froze. (M/N) paled and looked away. "N-No! Not at a-all! I just- I just don't like being alone! Not in a creepy way, or anyth-!"

A soft peck against his lips stopped him. But no, it wasn't the cliche kiss from Ushijima. Instead, Ushijima was holding a kitten that had awoken and had pressed the kitten's nose to (M/N)'s lips. The (E/C) eyed male grinned, his worries disappearing.

"I never said I disliked the way you made it sound."

~~~

"Wakatoshiiiii, open the door!" (M/N) groaned, banging on the door. "I wanna see my babies!"

Ushijima opened the door, chuckling as four kittens perched upon his head, and two rested on each shoulder. "And they want to see you," he mused. He let his neighbor inside, then closed the door. "Go kittens, run to (M/N)," he encouraged. All the kittens clambered down and began to leap, one by one, on to (M/N)'s shoulders.

"My lil acrobats!" (M/N) giggled. Once they were all safe, he pet them while walking up to Ushijima. "And hello to you too, lover boy," he greeted with a smirk.

"Hi," Ushijima shortly returned, smiling as he dipped his head to the side to kiss the (H/C) haired male. When they pulled apart, he said, "Come on then, kitten. It's time to feed the children."

~ ~
seiwiiwensksi I got lazy
i have a list of characters to work with after asking ya'll what to do on my message board, so here's ushiwaka
next up: tsukishima!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 590 12
A compilation of Haikyuu Angst Week 2020 entries. I also have these stories posted on AO3 as munchinletters.
12.3K 152 53
This will just be a collection of ship oneshots. I will not write smut as it makes me uncomfortable but there will be angst, fluff, and more Angst...
262K 7.9K 31
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› π—π—π—ˆ π—‰π–Ύπ—ˆπ—‰π—…π–Ύ π—π—π—ˆ π–½π—ˆπ—‡'𝗍 π—Žπ—‡π–½π–Ύπ—‹π—Œπ—π–Ίπ—‡π–½ π—Œπ—ˆπ–Όπ—‚π–Ίπ—… 𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖺 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝖽𝖽𝖾𝖽 π—π—ˆ 𝖺 π—€π—‹π—ˆπ—Žπ—‰π–Όπ—π–Ίπ— π–Ώπ—ŽοΏ½...
16.1K 316 20
A collection of Haikyuu characters x reader oneshots, imagines and stories for you - it's seems everyone is falling for (Y/n)~ -Fluff, angst, shorts...