I Promise, I'll Leave! But, W...

Von MishaBonnellac

In order to flee from the hellish Shevaria Ducal Household, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria enters the Imperial Pa... Mehr

N/A
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Notice
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51; Beginning of Season 2
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91; Beginning of Season 3
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 115.5
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131(N/A)

Chapter 24

769 27 0
Von MishaBonnellac

Chapter 24: Paid Hard Work♦

Entering the dinning room, the Duke went straight in front of my usual seat and gently put me there.

Thereafter, he kindly wiped my tears with the handkerchief in his pocket.

"Have you calmed down?"

"...Yes.", I briefly answered his question, sniffing.

"It's okay, Sherryl. I don't hate you at all. Giles was just lying to you."

As expected, he was a very caring father despite his cold-looking face. Nonetheless, it's not like he gained my respect just because of that.

After all, I knew that he's just using me as a flee from the reality that he couldn't accept.

When this long act ends, my role shall be fulfilled. And when that time comes, we'll start to carry on on our own.

That's why, I don't feel like making a fool of myself to expect that things might not go the same way as what happened in my past life.

".......Was that a scheme...?"

"Father?"

"No... It's nothing."

After that short conversation, the Duke sat on his usual seat, then we started to have a taste of our meal.

Meanwhile, I pretended like I wasn't anxious for even a bit on the surface as we ate our dinner. Although in actual, I was very concerned about what Wendell whispered a while ago.

I might've responded to him like I hadn't heard it clearly but that wasn't the case at all.

There, I started to suspect if he saw through me until I started to panic in my thoughts, without knowing.

What should I do now? Isn't this happening too early?! I should've plotted things more slowly!

Maybe, I was just overthinking since the Duke might've been talking about the old geezer, but there was no guarantee that he wouldn't have thought that it was me instead.

Were several weeks not enough to take action without letting his suspicion rise, I wonder? At any rate, this will be definitely bad if my guess is right.

My money!! What will happen to my goddamn money?!!!

That time, that was the only thing that I focused my thoughts onto.

Months have passed ever since that incident until the year thoroughly ended.

The snow still falls a lot, huh... Although, it's already January. I thought while staring at the outside, through the nearby window.

"You sure like snow that you could gaze at it almost everyday.", the red-haired woman said as she read the book that she recently purchased.

"And Duchess Fleurette also does read several books with smut content as a daily occurrence.", I said, smirking.

"Well, whatever.", she replied.

The Duchess and I became a lot more closer, just like those good old days.

And because of that, me, visiting her quarters, became a recent thing to happen.

Then as for those that came to have the awareness that I became in good terms with Fleurette, they became wary of their own actions in order to not offend me. Because if they do, it would be the same as provoking the cunning Duchess. And when that happens, a cruel punishment will greet their day.

Well frankly, I, myself, wasn't quite sure if she would really punish anyone that would give me troubles. At least, I was aware that she would make a move if it was something big deal.

"Come to think of it... your birthday is approaching, no?"

"Certainly. My birthday which is also Sherryl's birthday, for a great coincidence.", I phrased.

"That's pretty fantastic.", she teased.

"I have no objections to your words, milady.", I played along.

Behold!! This smooth conversation is the result of my hard work!!! I thought, trying to impress nobody with tears of joy, like a moron.

After that, I closed the book that I read and took the last sip of my tea.

I heard a clack when I set down my empty teacup. Then, I said,

"Thank you for today as well."

The Duchess smiled at my usual mannerly bidding of farewell.

"Do come again sometime. There are still a lot of books that you haven't read."

"Of course, Duchess."

(Though, I already read the others in my previous life.)

My often visit could only last for a few hours even if I was already close to Duchess Fleurette. And the reason was because of the Duke. He apparently had a resentment toward her, after all. So of course, our meetings were also a secret and the servants' lips were sealed.

Truthfully, I had a much better time with Duchess Fleurette so it was quite a let down to think that there would be a limit whenever I meet up with her.

As soon as I left the Duchess' place, I've decided to go back to my room. Then for a great coincidence, while I passed through the long hallways, I crossed paths with a familiar face.

That person wore his usual black uniform, and his white hair was neatly combed into his accustomed hairstyle.

It was Giles. The man that was denounced from his position as a head butler.

Unfortunately, the punishment for what he did that time was his denouncement and nothing else. Perhaps, the Duke simply finished their discussion with a warning.

That could only mean that another troublesome thing will happen... Guess, I need some precautions.

That old geezer would never let that incident pass so easily, based from his reaction that moment. And thus, I needed to get cautious of him.

"Why does it feel like I'm in the enemy's turf right now?.....", I asked, blurting out my thoughts as I opened the entrance to my room.

Then, replying to my question, a boy said,

"What are you babbling about?", he questioned, suddenly.

"Lucian? Why are you in my room?!"

"I-it's not like I was waiting for you to come and play with me or anything!!", he uttered excuses.

I was soothed because of his cute tsundere act that gave me a direct hit on my heart. And without letting a second pass, I hugged him tightly.

"H-hey, let go!"

"Dun' wanna.~"

Although he says that, I've known for long that he liked this skin-ship between us.

Wait... If I keep doing this, won't I be a lolicon?! I abruptly thought in a random way.

And just then, my focus went somewhere else when I saw something in his hands.

Soon, I quickly pushed him away with an eerie reaction.

No, how.......? I'm sure....... I've hidden it somewhere that no one could see...!!

"Melissa...?"

"You......... How did you get that...?"

______________________________________

Notice:

     Misha here qwq ... I know that this is sudden but the updates will be around 1 or 2 chapters only every week. I'm sorry everyone🙏🙏🙏 It's just that the condition of my eyes aren't doing well, and I get dizzy when I use my phone too much.

      I promise to resume the 3 updates-schedule as soon as I get well so please rest assured and bear with patience for a while ;-;-;-; That's all.

      Thank you, and stay safe ;-;)/

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

791K 74.6K 55
"𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙢. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙖𝙣 𝙍𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪,𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙞�...
47.4K 4K 67
Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had to, put Lizzie at the center of such repe...
22.9K 523 47
Dying at the age of 16 might seem harsh to others but that wasn't the case for her. Rather she was happy that it was the end of a miserable life. So...
554 13 28
The inner workings of the Royal family of Ethelburgesa was a secret. One could only imagine what happened behind the opulent front they put on. Life...