Pack of Lies

By MicStories

Eliza Carter thinks she has the world. A loving family, an adoring boyfriend and everything she could ever wi... More

Chapter 1: Zoo
Chapter 2: Girl's Night
Chapter 3: Drunken Truth
Chapter 4: Break the rules
Chapter 5: Strange encounter
Chapter 6: A peaceful Library
Chapter 7: Sacrifice
Chapter 8: Warning signs
Chapter 9: Game over
Chapter 10: Rescue
Chapter 11: Uncertainty
Chapter 12: Running
Chapter 13: Heartbroken
Chapter 14: Ambush
Chapter 15: Safe at last
Chapter 16: Truths revealed
Chapter 17: Blood lust
Chapter 18: Community
Chapter 19: Who am I?
Chapter 20: Reunited
Chapter 21: A beautiful meeting
Chapter 22: Intruder
Chapter 23: Repercussions
Chapter 24: I'm so sorry
Chapter 26: Ball
Chapter 27: Leader
Chapter 28: Lies unravelled
Chapter 29: Make me yours
Chapter 30: Overwhelming desire
Chapter 31: Perfection
Chapter 32: The morning after
Chapter 33: Possessive
Chapter 34: Wedding day
Chapter 35: Guilt
Chapter 36: There's hope
Chapter 37: Deal with the devil
Chapter 38: Power
Chapter 39: Revolution
Chapter 40: Strength
Chapter 41: A tragic reunion
Chapter 42: Gift
Chapter 43: Forever yours
Chapter 44: 5 steps ahead
Chapter 45: Time for action
Chapter 46: Preparing for battle
Chapter 47: Fight to live
Epilogue

Chapter 25: Happiness

18.2K 644 107
By MicStories

Eliza

"Are you ready? They're very excited to meet you. But I warn you now, they're gonna swarm you".

Warrick chuckled nervously as he wrapped his arm tightly around my waist.

"I'm fine. But it sounds like my adorable kitten is nervous".

Warrick frowned and huffed loudly.

"Aw is my kitten having a little tantrum. If you carry this up I'll have to punish you". Warrick's head whipped over to me and his eyes widened.

"Punishment eh? What you gonna do tater tot, spank me?".

Crap, he turned it around quickly. 

I could feel my cheeks heat up and I looked down at the ground hoping he couldn't see the blush on my cheeks.

"N-Nevermind" I muttered under my breath still embarrassed that he suggested I spank him.

"You don't need to be embarrassed baby, you can punish me however you like. But know that I too possess the right to punish you if you misbehave".

No, no, no. My cheeks were now as red as a tomato. 

I let out a nervous laugh and walked ahead of him.

I loved being with Warrick and the more time we spent together, the more he had grown on me. He was so easy to live with.

He cleaned, he cooked, he tidied and always put me first. He was every woman's dream man.

My man.

Kyle never cooked and when I cooked, it ended up being me who cleaned up afterwards.

But not Warrick. He is thoughtful, generous and is such a child at heart.

"Hey, get back here and let me hold your hand" he whined childishly.

"Come and catch me then kitten".

He growled lowly and let me run ahead momentarily before running towards me with a hungry look in his eye.

A shrill scream escaped my throat as I ran away from the hungry looking beast who was in actual fact the most innocent adorable little kitten.

"No" I cried out as I ran down the large hill struggling to breathe with uncontrollable belly laughs that I could not contain.

I could hear him laughing behind me but stopped as I tripped over a small rock and fell down on the grass covered in beautiful daises.

"Baby!" he cried as he rushed over towards me. Panic in his voice.

But it only made me laugh harder as he came to a stop in front of me.

He stared down at me with concern, but instantly started laughing as he saw me laughing breathlessly.

"Tater tot, you nearly gave me a heart attack".

He reached his hand out to pick me up off the ground, but I had other ideas especially after hearing him call me that horrendous nickname.

Placing my hand in his, I yanked him down and watched him fall on the ground next to me.

"You are certainly wanting me to punish you, aren't you baby?".

Warrick gripped both sides of my hips and pulled me over so my body lay on top of his.

My breath hitched as I laid completely on top of this giant monster and watched as his eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips.

His tongue ran along his lower lip and bit down on it harshly.

I had never felt such a connection before, such chemistry as I did with Kyle. Everything this man did overwhelmed me. My heart craved every touch and every caress.

Our lips moved closer towards one another. I could taste his breath on my lips. 

His eyes fluttered shut as we were almost within reach, but just as our lips were about to connect I moved to the side and pressed my lips on his cheek.

"Darn it" he groaned.

"You just got played" I muttered out confidently, smirking at the lipstick mark I had left on his cheek.

"Ewwwww. Gross".

I looked back in horror to see a large group of children laughing with some covering their eyes at our rather public display.

Warrick chuckled and lifted me off his chest and jumped up laughing along with the children.

"Alpha and Luna were smooching" one of the little boy's teased and puckered his lips to a nearby girl and imitated the kissing action.

"Ew, I don't want your germs" she whined and playfully swatted him away.

"Hey kids. We were just on our way to come and see you. We've brought you all some treats".

My heart swelled watching the way he interacted with the children. One day, he'd make a great father to our children.

Did I just? Oh wow.

All the children cheered but then started to point and laugh at my little kitten.

"What? What's so funny?" he asked bewildered by the children's laughter.

"You got lipstick on you".

"Pink suits you Alpha" one of the girls giggled.

Warrick's head turned to me and he playfully growled.

"That's it. I'm going to chase you all. I'm the big bad wolf and I'm coming".

All the children screamed and ran back into the orphanage.

Lots of children grabbed my hands, clothes and arms as they tried to rush me in with them. It was so cute being shielded by about 10 children who were trying to help me escape from my big bad mate.

"Stay back, big bad wolf. I have muscles".

A tiny girl who seemed to be the age of 5 stayed back and adorably growled at Warrick who instantly stopped and fell to his knees.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he pleaded begging for forgiveness.

"Hm. Okay" she smiled and grabbed Warrick's hand, happily dragging him into the building after us.

***************

4 hours later

"They all love you. I can't thank you enough for spending time with them. It gives them hope to see the both of us. They were orphaned by war and now they have a home, a loving home and we will make this place safe for us and for all of them so they may grow up and flourish".

This man had a way with words. 

"I loved being there. They're all so sweet and I had lots of fun". 

Truthfully, I didn't want to leave them. They had begged for us to stay longer, but we couldn't. Warrick said we had to go somewhere but promised to visit again tomorrow afternoon.

It was so fun getting to know the children whilst gorging on cheesy pizza and then watching a couple of Disney movies with tons of popcorn.

These children had lost everything, yet they were all full of life. They had nothing but they were completely content with what they had been provided with. A warm bed, clean clothes, food on the table and a pack that loved them unconditionally.

"So where are you taking me? It's late and I'm kinda tired".

Warrick chuckled before scooping me up and carrying me bridal style towards a building I had never seen before.

"Hey! That doesn't mean you get to manhandle me you brute".

"So I'm a brute now huh?".

"Yep, but you'll always be my kitten".

Warrick scoffed and mumbled something under his breath before stopping at a small looking home and held me out towards the door bell.

Quickly catching on, I reached out and pressed the door bell nervously waiting for whoever to open up the door.

Suddenly the door opened and a sweet elderly woman peered out.

"My boy, you came and you brought her. Look at you, so pretty".

The sweet woman walked towards me and cupped my cheeks squishing them together as she looked me over.

"Thank you dear for bringing home my grandson. He's all I have left and I can't thank you enough".

Warrick put me down and before I could respond, his grandma wrapped her arms around me and squeezed tightly.

"Grandma, you're squeezing her too tightly".

For an old lady, she had a very very strong grip. But I felt too rude to say something.

"Oh, I'm so sorry deary".

"It's okay. And it's wonderful to meet you too".

Warrick hadn't mentioned anything about family since we had been here, but it made my heart swell to know that he had at least 1 member of his family still here.

"No, the pleasure is all mine, Luna. Now hurry, we must get on".

"Get on with what?" I muttered turning back to Warrick with a confused expression.

The brute only laughed as he followed us into the small home.

"We have to get you measured up for the ball".

"Ball? What ball?".

His Grandmother sat me down on an armchair and began rummaging through some boxes.

"Every year we'd have a big fancy party. Food, music, dancing for everyone in the pack. It was a formal event and everyone loved getting dressed up. It was a tradition for many years, until the day little Warrick was taken. But since he's returned, especially with you, his mate we are starting the traditions again and will be having it next week. I am the pack designer and tend to make all the dresses etc and of course we need to make you the most beautiful dress. So come with me my dear and let's get started".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.5K 1.1K 33
In a world where female werewolves are a rare, Carter Miller is usually surrounded by people who want something from her. She often gets thrusted in...
Leo By Kalai

Werewolf

7.8K 285 29
Tianna gets thrown into a world she never knew exists, founding out she has a werewolf mate, secrets get unlocked.
64.1K 3.9K 34
Chloe has lost everything. She fights to prove herself as a true Alpha but more secrets become unraveled and there is no escaping her dark fate. Ther...
35.9K 525 8
HIS DESTINED MATE -- PUBLISHING He wasn't her mate, and she would never allow herself to be tied down to a man she could never love. She wanted a fa...