ENEMIES WITH BENEFITS-Taekook

由 ghostqueen23

"Kiss my ass" "Would you like me to use tongue?" The Kim family and the Jeon family had been business rivals... 更多

Disclaimer
01
02
03
04
05
06
Playlist
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
Epilogue
Note

39

38.2K 2.4K 1.8K
由 ghostqueen23

Guys this book had surpassed 100k reads omg😭😭😭 I honestly didn't think would reach such a huge audience 🥺thank you, all of you

_
_
_
_
_
_

The Seoul skyline contrasted against the pink and purple hues of the evening sky creating a beautiful scenery as the sun ghosted behind faraway sky scrapers. Vehicles rushed about in the labyrinth of highways, trying to get inside the safety of their homes before darkness took over the city.

Jeongguk would too be setting off by now if it wasn't for the pile of work surrounding him. And an associate of him sat in front of him in his office couch as both men discussed business. Jeongguk flipped through a document he was handed as he listened to the other man describe to him about the project he wanted Jeongguk to participate in.

After the meeting was over, Jeongguk sat in his surviwal chair of his desk and read the document thoroughly. He was fully concentrating on it when the door of his office opened and his Secretary, who's also his best friend, Min Yoongi walked over to him.

"How did it go?"He asked.

"Sounds like a good deal. We have a lot of benefits. But their company is so small I don't know if we should participate in something organized by such a small and unpopular brand" Jeongguk said.

"If we agree on this, their brand will surely be so much more popular. That's what they want after all"

"Yeah obviously" Jeongguk chuckled.

"Our sales had increased drastically in the last month, by the way"Yoongi said.

Jeongguk looked up at him in surprise. "Really? Any particular reason for that?" Then he started checking his mail.

"Well...we've decided that the only reason for that could be because of what happened with Tan Corporation last month...their sales decresed and ours..." Yoongi trialed off.

Jeongguk looked up at the mention of Tan Corporation. "Oh" The painful tug at his heart didn't go unnoticed by Jeongguk.

"Jeongguk I've been wanting to ask you"Yoongi said, "How are you managing this?"

"Managing what?"

"You know...it's been two weeks since you and Taehyung last talked to each other"

Jeongguk smiled. Yoongi didn't need a PhD in psychology to say that the smile was forced. "I'm not, Yoongi. You know that" Jeongguk whispered.

It was true. Jeongguk wasn't feeling well. He hardly slept. He distracted himself by working his ass off. He avoided anything to do with his previous lover. Jeongguk felt suffocated every night without Taehyung. He felt so lonely. It felt so unnatural to go without hearing his voice. Jeongguk knew it was hitting him harder than last time he and Taehyung broke up. The realization that this is permenent-

A knock on Jeongguk's office door made Jeongguk jump back into reality.

"Come in"

A staff lady walked in. "Mr. Jeon, there's someone here to meet you"

"Who is it? I don't have any meetings scheduled right now. I won't see anyone today. Tell them to go back" Jeongguk said.

"But sir, it's Mr. Kim from Tan Corporation and Mr. Kim of RM corporation-" She said.

"What-"Jeongguk looked at Yoongi, dumbfounded.

"Show them inside"Yoongi answered for Jeongguk.

Jeongguk stared with wide eyes as Kim Taehyung and Kim Namjoon slowly walked inside. Kim Jennie followed them. Jennie was holding Taehyung's arm.

Jeongguk's eyes met Taehyung's and it looked like he didn't want to be here. Taehyung quickly looked away. What are they doing in Jeongguk's office. It was highly unlikely for any of them to visit Jeongguk at him office, even though Jeongguk's family and Namjoon's family had been friends for decades. It was so much more unlikely for his sword enemy, Taehyung, to be here at all.

"Jeongguk. It's great to meet you" Namjoon said, smiling bringtly.

"Namjoon, Jennie"Jeongguk said. "And Taehyung" Jeongguk gulped. "What brought you here?" Jeongguk stood up from his chair and walked over to them, gesturing for them to sit down at the couches. The vague realization of the staff lady, who was a manager, was still inside occurred to Jeongguk and he mentally reminded himself that he needs to act like he didn't know Taehyung. Oh, he also hated him.

"We're here to invite you to me and Taehyung's engagement party."Jennie chirped. "You're our friend, Jeongguk. You should come" She handed him and Yoongi two invitation cards.

"Oh Thank you" Jeongguk wasn't expecting this.

They were going to be engaged already?

"Miss Jung"Jeongguk called the lady that was standing by the door. "Call Mr. Lee"

"Well I'm not sure I'm free this day, Jennie"Jeongguk said. He really didn't want to go to his ex-boyfriend's engagement party.

"My father really wanted you to come. We've known each other forever"Namjoon said.

"Yes"Jennie said. "It'd be lovely if you could come! Right, Taehyung?"

"Huh?" Taehyung's deep voice made Jeongguk look at him. He sounded as if he'd been spacing out. "Oh. Yeah. We'd be glad"

Jeongguk continued to look at him. It's been two weeks since he'd seen him. Since he'd heard his voice. His voice managed to send chills down Jeongguk's body. That deep, velvety voice. He missed hearing it everday. He missed Taehyung.

Taehyung still wasn't looking at Jeongguk. He was fumbling with his fingers. He had lost weight, Jeongguk could tell. And he literally looked lifeless. As if he'd been losing sleep. Jeongguk was no different. It hurt to see him like this. Jeongguk may have known Taehyung for only a couple of months but he loved him. He could see right through Taehyung. Taehyung could never hide anything from Jeongguk. Anger surged through him towards Jennie upon seeing his ex-lover like this. If she wanted to keep him, might as well look after him. Jeongguk would've been able to do a much better job at taking care of Taehyung.

The door to his office barged open and in came Mr. Lee and Miss. Jung.

"Mr. Lee, see if you can clear my schedule on this day" He handed the older man the invitation.

"Yes, sir" Mr. Lee took the invitation from Jeongguk.

"I won't miss it if I could clear my schedules. I've been extremely busy, lately, you see" Jeongguk smiled at Jennie, though the only thought in his mind was to rip her hair out of her scalp.

"Thank you, Jeongguk. Then we'll take our leave" The three of them stood up. Jeongguk and Yoongi bowed at them and watched them leave.

The last person to go towards the door was Taehyung. Before he could open the door, he halted. Jeongguk watched as he turned and met Jeongguk's gaze.

Jeongguk's swore his heart stopped when Taehyung's chocolate eyes stared at him. A look of longing was painted in his face and it took all of Jeongguk's self control to not start crying there. They held their gaze like that, a virtual conversation of love and longing passing between them.

The whole world held it's breath when Taehyung started moving towards Jeongguk. Jeongguk heard Yoongi suck in a breath. They weren't alone in the room. Mr. Lee and Miss. Jung were watching the scene unfold too.

Taehyung's shoes tapped against Jeongguk's wooden floor as he closed the distance between them with each step.

He stopped a foot or two away from Jeongguk. The next moment, he was standing chest to chest with Jeongguk. Jeongguk had forgotten how to breathe.

Taehyung stared down at him with intense brown eyes. All the air had left Jeongguk's lungs but he wasn't suffocating. His nosetrils flared as he breathed in the scent of Taehyung. He had missed it so much. So, so much that he wanted to-

"I'm sorry"Taehyung whispered. Jeongguk could feel his breath on his face. "Be happy for me, will you?"

Taehyung stared at him for a few moments before turning around on his heel and walking away. Jeongguk watched as his lover walked away gracefully. Taehyung was always so graceful.

"Will you do that?" Jeongguk called after him and Taehyung stopped in his tracks, right before he reached the door. God, Jeongguk sounded so broken.

"I don't know" Taehyung said. "But you should do that"

"You dare tell me what to do?! You dare-" Jeongguk was boiling with anger and he was so fucking hurt. He felt like bawling then and there. "You dare tell me to do that when you won't be the same?"

"Jeongguk please..." Taehyung pleaded.

"Will you be so, if I was?" Jeongguk said.

"Yes. I'll try" Taehyung said.

Jeongguk took a breath. "Then I will be"

Taehyung nodded, biting his lip. "Good. That's good" It sounded like he was trying to convince himself. "Then, Goodbye, Jeongguk" Jeongguk watched his one trust love walk out of his office.

"Leave!" Jeongguk shouted at the staff inside his room. They quickly hurried out of the room. The moment the door closed behind them, Jeongguk knelt on the floor.

He was bawling like a kid. A four-year-old. Yoongi was quick to scurry over and wrap his arms around his best friend.

But it did too little to make Jeongguk feel better. He sobbed and sobbed, tears falling down his cheeks like a waterfall. He was so pathetic. How could he ever be happy without Taehyung?

He can't.

He felt so, so weak. He was weak because of the person that made him stronger. That just made no sense to Jeongguk.

~*~

Love,
Sara💕

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

346K 15.4K 40
Started 2 November Finished 26 August Taehyung is a man in his 20s that works at a famous company: Jonghyun's Enterprises, where Jonghyun is becomin...
55.7K 2.2K 33
It all happend the night that Kim Taehyung, the boy who works with Park Jimin the leader of a mafia group, went for a mission at Jeon's mansion. Yes...
7.2K 241 25
☆♤☆ when the notorious CEO Kim Taehyung who doesn't even have a vision of losing, having anything he wants with just a guesture of his finger tumbles...
612K 19.7K 73
Jeon Jungkook: A 26 year old rude and short tempered CEO of JK Jewels and Cars. Very ruthless with his words. His employees are absolutely terrified...