Between Our Sheets | Falice

By celinecooperjones

"This started out as just sex and that's how it'll stay." "So we're just friends who fuck?" "Exactly." ❌ Alic... More

Introduction
1 / Got My Name Changed Back
2 / Cheers (Drink To That)
3/ One Night Love Affair
4/ I'm Moving On
5/ Sexual Healing
6/ Gett Off
7/ A Lonely Night
8/ Shower
9/ Every Other Weekend
10/ From The Dining Table
11/ Let's Stay Together
12/ Let The Guilt Go
13/ You Were Mine
14/ Celebration
15/ Foolin 'Round
16/ I Wish Lunch Could Last Forever
17/ It Just Comes Natural
18/ Afternoon Delight
19/ So Wrong, So Right
20/ Love & Negotiation
21/ Turkey Lurkey Time
22/ The Sweetest Taboo
23/ This Kiss
24/ Baby, It's Cold Outside
25/ Temptation
26/ The Story Of Us
27/ Dirty Little Secret
28/ I'll Make Love To You
29/ Dirty Laundry
30/ Making Memories Of Us
31/ Two Weeks
32/ Date
33/ Happy New Year
34/ Home
35/ Happy
36/ Alone
37/ She Looks So Perfect
38/ Girl's Night
39/ Buttons
40/ Best I Ever Had
41/ Morning Glory
42/ Tired Eyes
43/ Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
44/ Raise Your Glass
45/ Sunday Morning Coming Down
46/ Work Hard, Play Hard
47/ Sweet Dreams
48/ Fantasy
49/ Saturday Night Special
50/ Hotel Room Service
51/ Scar Tissue
52/ Makin' Plans
53/ Blame It On The Alcohol
54/ The Morning
55/ Rehearsal
56/ Crazy For You
57/ Fallin' For You
58/ Afterglow
59/ Just Kids
60/ Fightin' Words
61/ Cry Me A River
62/ Bubbly
63/ Just To Hear You Say That You Love Me
64/ Above All
65/ Long Day
66/ My Girl
67/ Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
68/ Approval
69/ Missing You

70/ I've Had The Time Of My Life

3.1K 134 35
By celinecooperjones

The bell above the door chimes as Alice, FP and Jughead enter the diner. Pop smiles warmly at them. "No Jellybean today?"

"No, she went back to Toledo a couple days ago." FP tells him.

"That's a shame, it was so nice seeing her again."

"Believe me, she was excited to come here, she said no place in Toledo beats Pop's."

The older man smiles proudly at that. "Well I'm honoured. What can I get for you?"

"Can I get a cheeseburger with fries and onion rings, and a root beer, please?" Jughead orders. He turns to Alice and FP. "I'm going to go grab us a booth."

"What would you like, babe?" FP asks Alice.

"Veggie burger with fries and an iced tea, please."

Pop jots down the order and looks up at FP. "And for you?"

"I'll get a cheeseburger, onion rings and an iced tea as well. And can I also get a chocolate sundae?" He looks over at Alice. "Thought we could have some dessert too."

She smiles at him, curling her arm around his. "I like that idea."

"Coming right up."

"Thanks Pop."

He looks at the two of them, both so obviously smitten with one another. "Can I just say that I'm really glad you two found each other? You make a great match."

Alice blushes. "Thank you, Pop. I'm glad we found each other too."

"I'm just glad you aren't hiding it anymore." FP raises an eyebrow at him. "I've known for months." He explains, seeing how confused they are.

"How did you find out?"

He lets out a laugh. "The smile on Alices face every time she came in while you were working, the amount of times I'd see you two in one of the booths towards the back during your lunch break, and just the way you look at each other like you're the only people in the room. It wasn't exactly rocket science."

FP's cheeks turn pink. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I figured you were hiding it for a reason, I didn't want to out you two when you clearly weren't ready. Plus it was kind of cute seeing you two all googly eyed over each other. You've clearly got something special, don't let go of that." Alice and FP smile at each other.

"We don't plan to." FP says confidently. "Come on, let's go keep Jug company."

The three of them eat their meal in peace, talking and laughing with one another, it feels strangely natural, which is something Jughead hasn't expected when he found out about his dad and Alice. He had expected it to be awkward forever but he's grown quite fond of the woman, he likes seeing his dad so happy.

The bell above the door catches Alice's attention and she freezes when she sees a blonde ponytail. "Oh my God." She mutters quietly.

"What's wrong?" FP asks, concerned with whatever has her frozen in place.

"Betty." It comes out just above a whisper in her shocked state, and she just stares. She hasn't seen or talked to her daughter in nearly a month, so she doesn't quite know what to do when she sees her standing at the counter.

"You should go talk to her." FP encourages.

She shakes her head, eyes wet with tears that she refuses to let fall. "I can't. She clearly wants nothing to do with me, the last thing I want is for her to feel forced to talk to me."

"Maybe it'll turn out better than you think, maybe seeing each other face to face will be good for you."

Betty turns her head, looking around the diner as she waits for her order and she freezes when her eyes land on her mom. She stares for a moment, both of them just silently aching to talk to each other. Alice gives her a small smile which Betty returns, much to her surprise, and then she turns away again.

"Did you see that, FP?" Alice asks him excitedly. He smiles, she's so cute to him.

Betty thanks Pop and takes her milkshake, heading towards the door. Alice frowns when she sees that she's planning to leave, she was hoping she'd stay.

Betty pauses, staring down at her feet for a moment. She turns slowly in their direction and Alice grows hopeful.

She walks over shyly, playing with the straw in her to go cup. "Can I sit?"

Alice nods. "Of course."

The two teens stare at each other awkwardly as Betty sits down next to him.

"How are you?" Alice asks after a moment.

"I'm good. You?"

"I'm good. Better now."

Betty smiles a little.

It falls silent again and FP awkwardly clears his throat. "Why don't Jug and I give you two a minute?" He suggests, starting to move out of the booth.

Betty reaches for Jughead's hand, stopping him from getting up. "No, it's okay. You can both stay."

"You sure?" FP questions. "I don't mind giving you and your mom a little time to catch up."

"No really, I don't mind. I want to talk to all of you." Betty tells him.

FP seems surprised by the statement but sits back down anyway, inconspicuously taking Alice's hand under the table; wanting to offer her some comfort without making Betty uncomfortable.

"Is there anything specific you want to talk about?" Alice asks. "Any questions or... topics?" It's all so awkward. She's been thinking over and over what she wants to say to Betty but it feels like every thought she's ever had has fallen out of her brain.

She thinks on it for a moment. "Veronica told me you've been spending time with Jellybean."

Alice nods. "She came by for a surprise visit last week."

"Is she here?"

She shakes her head. "She went home a couple days ago."

"I take it she took the news of you two well? Probably a lot better than I did."

"You have your reasons for being upset. They're valid reasons." Alice assures her. "I'm sorry you found out how you did, that isn't at all how I wanted you to find out."

"How were you planning to tell me?" Betty asks.

"We were going to sit you both down and explain to you what's been going on." Alice tells her.

"Which is?"

Alice looks towards FP, silently asking him for help. "Well, um, Alice and I met a while ago-"

"Yeah mom said it was after the divorce was finalized."

He nods. "Yeah, it was. And um, well, I don't really know how to put it in a way that won't make you fee weird but it was supposed to just be a one time thing." Both of the kids cringe.

"But I was the one who suggested we keep it going on, I couldn't stop thinking about him." Alice adds, giving him a smile.

"So you've been dating this whole time?"

"No... not exactly." Alice says. "We only recently started an official relationship."

"So what I'm hearing is, you two had a friends with benefits type arrangement?" Betty asks, cringing at the mention.

FP nods. "To put it bluntly, yes."

"When did it become more?" Jughead asks the question now and Betty looks to them both for an answer.

"I told her I loved her at Fred and Hermione's wedding." FP admits, smiling a little at the memory.

"Mom? Did you say it back?"

Alice shakes her head. "I couldn't. I mean, deep down I knew that I did love him too, but I just couldn't say it."

"Why not?"

She lets out a sigh. "I don't know, honestly. I had felt guilty about our being together ever since we found out about you two. I guess I just thought that if I admitted how I was really feeling, it would mess everything up. And it was so good between us, we were living in a happy little bubble, I didn't want to ruin that."

"I don't understand, why would admitting how you feel ruin anything? Wouldn't it make you guys stronger?"

Alice is quiet so the kids look to FP for clarification. "We were worried that when we told you two about us, you guys would be mad and we'd have to end things."

"Oh." Betty says quietly.

"Instead, I lost you." Alice says sadly. "I really didn't mean to hurt you, sweetheart. I had no idea FP was Jughead's dad until the night you invited them over for dinner."

"That was when you found out?" Betty seems shocked by that. "You did a good job playing it off then, I thought you had never even met."

"We ended things that night," FP says. "But I couldn't let her go that easy so I came back a few days later and told her I didn't want to end it."

Betty smiles a little. "Sounds like it's always been more than just friends with benefits."

Alice and FP both let out a surprised laugh. "Yeah, I guess now that look back on it, I've always had feelings for you." FP says. "I think I knew since that first night I met you in the bar that you were something special."

"It must of been fate." Alice says, smiling softly. "I knew too, I just wasn't going to be the one to admit it." FP smiles and gives her hand a squeeze.

"You two really do make each other happy, huh?" Betty's surprised to see her mom so blatantly happy and in love. She hasn't seen her like this in years. "I'm still not one hundred percent okay with it, but seeing you two together has put a lot of things in perspective for me."

Alice perks up, hopeful that Betty is actually coming around to the idea of her and FP. "It has?"

She nods. "You're practically glowing, mom. I'd hate to be the reason you lose the person who makes you that happy."

"Oh, Betty." Alice reaches over to take her hands. "Please, if you ever feel uncomfortable about FP and I's relationship, come and talk to us. The last thing we want is for either of you to feel uncomfortable because of us."

"It's honestly not that bad," Jughead tells her. "I mean it was a little awkward at first, but it's surprisingly natural now. Plus, your mom's a good cook."

Betty laughs fondly. "Yeah, she is."

"So, we're okay? You're not that mad at me anymore?"

"No, we're okay." Betty assures her, watching as Alice let's out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She laughs. "Come here." She steps out of the booth and opens her arms to hug her mom.

Alice holds her tight, savouring the moment. It's been agony thinking that she had ruined her relationship with Betty forever, but things seem to be okay now. Maybe not perfect yet, but they're okay and that's all she could ask for.

"I'm glad you're okay with us, Betty. It means a lot to us." FP says, smiling warmly.

"Just don't hurt her, otherwise we'll have some problems."

He chuckles, curling his arm around Alice who leans in close to his side. "Believe me, I have nothing but good intentions. I love her with all my heart."

Betty smiles at that. "In all seriousness, thank you for making her so happy. I was worried she would be a mess after the divorce but she's been so giddy and smiley since she met you, even though I didn't know you were the reason. So, thank you for taking care of her and making her smile."

He grins. "It's my pleasure."

Alice chuckles and turns her head to kiss him softly.

Jughead shifts closer to Betty and lowers his voice. "Don't worry, you get used to it."

She smiles. "It's kind of sweet actually."

"There is something we want to talk to you two about." FP starts.

"Are you having a baby?" Jughead turns his nose up at the thought.

"Oh no, definitely not." Alice answers. "We've already had that discussion, don't worry."

"No, what we wanted to talk to you two about is, if in the future you two want to get back together, we don't want you to feel like you can't because of us." FP tells them. "There's no reason you two can't be together just because we are. No one is related, and it wouldn't bother us if you decided to rekindle your relationship. And if you decide not to, that's alright too."

"We want to keep an open line of communication." Alice says. "If anything is bothering you, please come and talk to us so we can discuss it. We want you two to be as comfortable as possible with us."

"I only have one request." Betty says.

"Name it."

"Please don't be like Fred and Hermione, making out anywhere and everywhere. It's gross when they do it and it would be gross if you do it."

"Oh I'm on board with you, the amount of times I've turned away only to find them with their tongues down each other's throats when I look back, is way too much."

"Well then I think, we're all going to be just fine." Betty says.

Alice and FP smile wide. "I'm glad, honey. I'm so happy you're not mad at me anymore."

"So... is it okay if I come home?"

Alice nods her head immediately. "Of course it is, I'd love nothing more."

"I love you, mom."

"I love you too, honey. So much."

Jughead moves to slide out of the booth. "I'm going to go get some ice cream, anyone want anything?"

Alice and FP shake their heads but Betty steps out of the booth as well, deciding to give the adults a moment together. "I'll come with you." She tells him, and the two walk over to the counter.

"That went a lot better than I expected it to." Alice says, surprised.

"I know, I'm glad things are okay now. I hated seeing you so stressed about yours and Betty's relationship, I'm glad she's coming home."

"Me too. And she's okay with us, I honestly wasn't expecting that."

"Neither was I, but I'm glad she is because I don't think I could be without you again, you've got me hooked."

"Ditto. There's no one I'd rather be with." She smiles at him, stroking his cheek with her hand. "I love you."

He grins. "I'll never get tired of hearing that." He kisses her softly, feeling his heart skip a beat at the thought of kissing her every day for the rest of his life. "I love you so much, Alice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 174 26
[COMPLETE] This is a story of Fp and Alice's life from high school with a little bumps in there plans but it all works out for the better
36.1K 2.7K 48
After her divorce, Alice moves to a small town called Riverdale. She meet her neighbors Fred Andrews and FP Jones and will come to learn that she wou...
20.4K 607 21
[BUGHEAD STORIE] [COMPLETE] The school year is over and Betty Cooper has been accepted to NYU so she leaves her 'perfect' house in Riverdale to go li...
9.4K 572 40
{COMPLETED} Now that it's Labor Day weekend, the towns people want to escape from the Flames. It has been a wild rollercoaster filled with emotions...