Removing My Mask ; Peter Park...

By widows-venom

You were the new kid to Midtown high. After a long debate with your mother, you decided it would be best to g... More

Soundtrack
Phase 1 - 1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
Phase 2 - 2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
Phase 3 - 3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
3.10
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.14
Phase 4 - 4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
4.10
4.11
4.12
Phase 5 - 5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
5.10
5.11
5.12
EPILOGUE

5.5

1.2K 38 31
By widows-venom

PETERS POV

"What are you gonna do about the water monster?"  Ned asked while I ran my toothbrush under the water.

"Nothing. it's dead. And besides, that Mysterio guy's all over it. Look... I just wanna spend some time with y/n and relax."

"That's nice." Ned hummed, "Reminds me of when Betty and I first fell in love. I had just finished my first fruit cobbler, right-"

I took the toothbrush out of my mouth, looking over to see my best friend hit the floor, a dart in the back of his neck.

"You're a very difficult person to contact, Spider-Man." Nick Fury sat with a leg crossed over the other in the corner.

"You just shot Ned!" I gasped, staring at my unconscious friend.

"It's just a mild tranquilliser. He'll be all right. So good to finally meet you. I saw you at the funeral, but I didn't think that was a good time to exchange numbers."

"No, that would have been really inappropriate."

"That's what I just said." Fury gave me a pointed look.

"Right." I nodded.

"The important thing is, you're here. I tried to bring you here. You avoided me, and now, you're here. What a coincidence."

My eyebrows scrunched down. What was he talking about? "Wait. Was this a coincidence?"

Fury sighed heavily, "I used to know everything. Then, I come back five years later and now, I know nothing. No intel, no team, and a high school kid, is dodging my calls."

I smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of my neck.

"Here's what I do know... a week ago, a village in Mexico was wiped out by a cyclone. Witnesses say that cyclone had a face."

"Three days later, a similar event in Morocco. A village was destroyed by what may well be another world threatening dynamic." Fury explained, standing up from his chair, "Suit up."

"R-right now? I mean, we have to get up early in the morning and-"

"Yes. Right now." Fury smacked his lips.

"O-okay."

[...]

The soft cool breeze blew past us as Fury steered the boat through the canal.

"Stark left these for you." He said handing me a small case.

I opened the case carefully, revealing a pair of glasses. The velvet lining of the case behind the glasses says 'Stark Industries'.

"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown." He glanced at me. "Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a Star Wars reference."

Fury docked the boat and led me down a underground bunker of sorts, a few agents at the computers.

"You can lose the mask. Everyone here's seen you without it. You'd only be breathing through spandex for no good reason."

I pulled the mask off, taking in a deep breath of air.

"Over there we have Maria Hill."

I waved awkwardly at the agent.

"That is Dimitri."

Dimitri cocked his gun with a small growl and I gulped.

"And this is Mr. Beck."

A man wearing a maroon cape turned around, wearing the same exact outfit from the mystery guy today.

"Mysterio?" I asked.

"What?" Mr. Beck asked.

"Doesn't matter. It's just what my friends have been calling you." I waved it off.

"Well," he smiled holding his hand out for me to shake, "You can call me Quentin."

I shook his hand.

"You handled yourself well out there today. I saw what you did with the tower. We could use someone like you on my world."

"Thanks." I said softly before the rest of what he said caught up, "Wait, your world?"

"Mr. Beck is from earth. Just not yours." Fury butted in.

"There are multiple realities, Peter. This is Earth, Dimension 616. I'm from Earth 833." Quentin said, walking around to the other side of the table.

My teeth sunk into my bottom lip to try and contain the excitement bubbling inside me, "I'm sorry, you're saying there's a multiverse? 'Cause I thought that was just theoretical. That completely changes how we understand the initial singularity. We're talking about an internal inflation system and how does that even work with all the quantum--? It's insane--"

I trailed off, face feeling extremely hot when I saw everyone was looking at me.

"S-sorry. It's really cool." I apologized, swallowing back my embarrassment.

"Don't ever apologize for being the smartest one in the room." Quentin offered me a smile to ease my embarrassment, "Anyway..."

The new hero pressed a button on the table, a hologram popping up of four different types of monsters, very much like the water monster but different elements.

"They were born in stable orbits within black holes. Creatures formed from the primary elements: Air, water, fire, earth. The Science Division had a technical name. We just called them Elementals." Quentin explained, licking his lips before continuing.

"They first materialized on my earth many years ago. We mobilized and fought them, but with each battle they grew, got stronger. I was part of the last battalion left trying to stop them. All we did was delay the inevitable."

"The Elementals are here now, attacking the same coordinates. Our satellites confirm it." Agent Hill said crossing her arms over her chest.

"So thank Mr. Beck for destroying the other three. There's only one left: fire." Fury leaned back in his chair.

"The strongest of them all. The one that destroyed my Earth. It's the one that took my family." Quentin had a defeated look across his face.

"I'm sorry." I said truthfully. That was my biggest fear as a hero and I couldn't imagine the pain that came with losing a family member.

"It will be in Prague in about 48 hours." Hill said.

"Our mission is to kill it. And you're coming with us." Fury told me, not leaving any room for a no.

"I'm sorry. Did you say Prague?" I laughed nervously, "Mr. Fury, this all seems like bigtime, you know, huge superhero kinda stuff. And, I mean, I'm just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, sir."

Fury's face screwed into a mix of emotion, "Bitch, please. You've been to space."

"I know, but that was an accident. Sir, come on. There's gotta be someone else you can use. What about Thor?"

"Off world."

"Okay, um, Doctor Strange."

"Unavailable."

"Captain Marvel."

"Don't invoke her name."

I sighed in frustration, "Sir, look, I really wanna help, I do. But if my aunt finds out that I left my class trip, she's gonna kill me. And if I'm seen like this in Europe, after the Washington Monument, my whole class will figure out who I am and then-- and then the whole world will figure out who I am, then I'm done."

Fury didn't say anything for a beat, then nodding his head, "Okay. I understand."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked to make sure I heard him right.

"Why don't you get back before your teachers miss you and become suspicious. Dimitri. Take him back to hotel, please."

"Thank you, Mr. Fury. And, uh, good luck."

[...]

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked Ned for the millionth time.

"Dude, I'm fine!" Ned grinned, "Seriously, getting tranq'd in the neck by Nick Fury, probably the coolest thing to ever happen to me anyway."

"It is pretty awesome." I fed into his excitement, both of us doing our secret handshake.

"I'm just happy I don't have to go to Prague."

"Good news! We're going to Prague!" Mr. Harrington shouted excitedly exiting the hotel, y/n and MJ trailing behind him.

"What?!" I shrieked.

"I know right!" Mr. Harrington beamed, "We leave in a an hour so make sure you're all back here by then."

"Peter, what's going on?" Ned whispered.

I sighed, "I think Nick Fury hijacked our vacation."

I turned towards y/n, my bottom lip jutted out into a pout. The y/h/c just shook her head with a playful smile on her lips.

"Come on, we have an hour for our date." She took my hand, leading me towards the Eiffel Tower.

[...]

"You look really beautiful today." I complimented sheepishly. Y/n cooed, hiding away from me. It was adorable, the way she didn't know how to react after a compliment. 

I just smiled, stuffing another eclair in my mouth. Y/n reached over and grabbed another one for herself out of the box, our legs dangling off the small ledge of the fountain we were sitting on.

I know the Eiffel Tower was a very basic thing to see in Paris, but seeing it with y/n didn't seem basic. It felt like time seemed to slow down, every little detail imprinting in my brain so that I could remember this time stamp when I was eighty.

Y/n had her eyes closed, basking in the warm rays of sun shining down upon us. I smiled to myself, still feeling my heart race as I admired her side profile.

"You're staring." Y/n said, a twitch of a smile.

"I'm gazing." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"It's creepy."

"It's romantic." I grinned. Y/n shoved me over playfully.

I still had that cheesy grin on my face, making y/n giggle and ask me why kept staring. My palms became sweaty as I realized what I was about to do.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

"Because," I started, pulling out the necklace from my pocket, "I'm in love with you."

Y/n gasped, hands shooting up to her mouth.

"I'm in love with you too!" She replied back. My smile only got wider, feeling so incredibly happy in this moment.

"Uh, this is for you." I stuttered nervously.

"Oh my, Peter... it's beautiful."

"Here, I'll put it on for you."

Y/n turned so her back was to me, grabbing her hair so it was out of the way. I clasped the necklace around her neck, the sun shimmering off the petals.

"Okay, okay." I chuckled pulling out my phone, "It's my turn to ask you to pose now."

"Prepare for it to be ugly." She joked.

I scoffed under my breath, "Shut up."

Y/n posed, throwing her hand up in the air and doing a peace sign. She shut her eyes and smiled, the beautiful sky mixing with the Eiffel Tower made the photo pop even more.

"You're cute." I commented with awe looking at the photo I captured of my girlfriend.

Y/n sighed in content, grabbing the eclair box, "Come on, Romeo. We should start heading back."

Peterparker23:

Liked by M__J, ned, y/ig/n and 42 others
peterparker23: we're getting married here, okay?

Tagged: Y/IG/N

y/ig/n: um, duhhhh <3 i love you
peterparker23: @y/ig/n i love you too

ned: omg I get to be the best man!

M__J: am I invited to this wedding??
            y/ig/n: @M__J who else am I going to     eat a whole box of eclairs with beforehand?

-

Idky but the small Instagram things are fun to do 🤷🏼‍♀️

How's everyone's day???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 1.5K 74
Eliza Broussard had been taken in by the Red Room Academy at the peak age of five years old. She was trained and hardened into the Soviet's own skill...
2.1K 165 43
"They've been there for me. My shadows have been my best friends for as long as I can remember. They were there when no one else was." Amelia Bright...
43.8K 1.4K 30
"peter, you can't save everyone." 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 some things just aren't meant to last forever. (civil war - no way home) tom!peter parker x fem!o...
152K 4.2K 31
Peter's life isn't great, his home life is terrible, and his school days seem to be getting worse. So when he meets a war criminal, he really believ...