Watching His Memories (One Pi...

By Darkleer-Senpai

One piece watches Luffy's memories!! I own nothing from the anime/manga!! Enjoy! A mysteriously cloaked man... More

Intro and Luffy's start!!
That's Ace!?
How did Luffy survive!?
The Tiger!?
The boy with the hat and goggles
This is just the begining..
Brotherhood
Ace's stubborness
Mama Marco
Looking after the youngest
The Rich and Poor
Brothers
A Sudden Visit
Forgiving
The treehouse

Luffy's reason

52.7K 1K 839
By Darkleer-Senpai

A/N- slightly longer chapter, sorry for the wait folks! Working on many fanfics atm

"Why did you two leave him in the first place?" Asked Nami a bit sourly, her gaze hardening at the two brothers.

Ace slightly flinched at her sour look while Sabo sighs and answers,

"We were thinking of ourselves at the moment, please keep in mind that at the time Luffy was just some random annoying kid that gramps left"

Garp sighs a bit at the answer but understands, while Sanji says angrily,

"That's no reason to leave him like that! Especially letting the bastard torture him!" Sanji breathes his cigarette in and letting it out with a small puff.

"Ace and Sabo most likely went through a lot to get them not to trust or help anyone" Robin says smiling as she explains, "they most likely thought of what was best for them"

"Yeah but-" Nami starts only to get cut off by Zoro,

"Like she said Nami, they aren't too trusting, it was obvious when younger Ace tried to get Luffy of his back when running through the forest" Zoro continues, "who knows what they lived through, but expecting them to suddenly trust someone, especially if it's Luffy, an annoying brat, is a lot to ask for"

Nami stops and gives up as both, Ace and Sabo looked up at Luffy's first-mate thankfully and at Robin who just smiles and waves at them a bit.

Zoro nods back respecting the two older brothers as Marco and his Pops smile at the first-mate,

"Seems Luffy got himself a really good crew, huh?" Sabo asked a bit to Ace who grins and says,

"Yeah, I met most of them in Alabasta. But some especially, the lady, the skeleton and blue haired dude is new to me"

"Hmm" Sabo thinks a bit glancing at the crew and smiles, "I think I'll meet them more properly when we get back"

Ace just grins and says, "they're good people, they watch over Luffy quite well"

Sabo just smiles and looks forward.

Cries were heard as they saw Luffy sitting on a rock, crying his eyes out as he was wrapped in bandages.

Shanks slightly smiles at the sounds of Luffy crying, remembering the time of him losing his arm,

"Anchor sure has a lot of tears to shed, Huh"

Benn just nods smiling a bit,

Chopper slightly sighs in relief, "good... they patched him up"

Sabo smiles and says, "like I said we would"

Chopper just smiles at Sabo, happy that his captain is being taken care of.

Marco had sighed and gazed sadly at the amount of bandages that were tapped around Luffy. His worry bursting through his very being, body tense and eyes observing Luffy's small frame for blood.

Thatch has felt extremely relieved that Luffy was taken care of, he sighed a bit then his face turns angry remembering where the wounds came from in the first place.

"That bastard" Haruta mutters a bit despite knowing that Porchemy was defeated.

Dragon gazed forward sharply, hearing the cries of his son. Something he never heard since cradling Luffy as a baby

Ace was sitting cross legged up on a small hill as he tried to fix his broken metal staff while Sabo leaned up against the rocks right next to him.

"That's a real bad habit you've got, Ace," Sabo said with a frown as Ace weighed the staff in his hands. "Refusing to run even when you're up against real pirates? Why are you so eager to die?"

Sabo slightly flinched at his words, 'turns out I was right..' he thought to himself sadly, Ace had glanced at him and then placed him into a head lock as he rubs his fist in Sabo's hair since his hat fell off.

"Oi! Ace, stop!" Sabo struggled a bit and continues to tell Ace to let go as Ace just grins. After a minute, Sabo finally got out and-

Wham!

He hits Ace on his head causing a bump to appear. Ace just groans and holds his head, some of his crew snickering as Sabo huffs and looks at the scene.

Unaware that,

Ace smiled while holding his head, happy with the fact that he got Sabo to stop thinking about his death.

Luffy's crew kept an eye on Luffy who was sobbing, some of them sighing in relief that their captain was alright.

"It doesn't feel right," Ace muttered, as if he hadn't heard a word that Sabo was saying. "It was better before." He states, obviously talking about the pole in his hands.

Sabo just sighed as he shook his head, not believing that this was his friend.

"Having to look after him is tough" said Marco turning his gaze towards the blonde.

Sabo scoffs and said, "imagine taking care of both, Luffy and Ace"

Marco chuckles and said, "how about a whole crew of troublesome brothers" he was now smirking as if this was a small game.

Sabo smirks as well and just says, "well, I believe we both know we are at least responsible enough to not get ourselves killed"

Ace snorts glancing at his "responsible" brother, "you keep telling yourself that, Sabo"

Sabo's face turned beat red as he stutters and ultimately decides to just punch Ace's arm repeatedly, while Marco laughs.

Ace just grumbles while hiding a small smile.

Whitebeard smiles, seeing his sons having a good time.

"After this, Bluejam's crew will never forgive us," Sabo continued thoughtfully "They'll be after us from now on."

"Tch, like hell they will" said Garp angry at the pirates.

"That was so scary!" Luffy sobbed, still crying loudly. "I thought I was gonna die!"

"Luffy.." Chopper muttered sadly, Nami places her hand in his hat.

"That Luffy!" Usopp said, "going through all that.. for Ace and Sabo, who didn't even treat him right" Usopp crosses his arms and frowns thinking back to the way Ace and Sabo treated Luffy.

"That's just how he is" Zoro said, "he's always been like that, apparently, chasing after others despite the way they treat him"

Zoro thought back on how he refused to join Luffy's crew even going as far as threatening him on how he hunts pirates. That didn't stop Luffy.

"But still... why?" Nami asked frowning,

Robin stares ahead at the scene as her younger captain sobs more. Her arms crossed as she smiles a bit and says,

"I believe we'll find out soon"

She then glances at the two brothers sitting next to each other. The two of them staring at their past baby brother in desperate need to comfort him.

They both were leaning into each other as support meaning that upcoming memories could range from good and bad.

Robin didn't know if she was ready for the bad ones. But for her captain, she'll go through them.

Whitebeard pitied Luffy, 'a child shouldn't be going through this...' he thought sadly.

Shanks felt slight guilt overwhelming, Luffy had gone through a lot it seemed. No wonder...

Ace jumped down from his perch, staving one end of the pole to the ground and seemed to lose his temper again. "AAAH!! YOU'RE SO ANNOYING! SHUT UP!" he screamed at Luffy, "HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO CRY FOR ANYWAY?! I HATE WEAKLINGS AND CRYBABIES! YOU REALLY PISS ME OFF!"

"What the hell is with him!?" Nami said already feeling angry once again towards younger Ace, "does he expect Luffy to walk all happy after that?"

Robin sighed as she reminded "remember, different experiences can cause for different reactions. Ace had most likely faced dangerous situations with Sabo, the two of them most likely told themselves to stay strong"

Chopper had glanced behind Nami's leg and stared at younger Ace, "is that the reason why he's so angry?"

Robin slightly frowns and glanced towards Ace as if asking for permission to speak on his troubles, Ace had noticed her worried glance and smiled waving his hand and mouthed "go ahead, I don't mind as much"

She nods and answers Choppers question, "Ace's heritage had most likely caused him to grow up differently, just as I did"

Chopper looked up at her and frowns remembering the news on Ace's death, "because of his heritage..."

Robin nods as the rest of The StrawHats had heard and frowned slightly.

The government punishing someone for their heritage.

A cowardly thing to do.

Whitebeard had glanced at Ace, but it seemed Ace didn't even flinch since Sabo placed his hand on top of Ace's shoulder in a comforting way.

Garp slightly tenses and mentally curses at Ace's fate. It was hard, painful and heartbreaking. To do nothing as the child you raised is being taken away by the very people you work for.

Dragon slightly twitches at younger Ace's yell towards his son.

At Ace's words, Luffy shut up at once.

"That was quick" said Sanji surprised, "usually when Luffy's being annoying it takes a threat with food to get him to shut up"

Franky and Usopp slightly snickered at what Sanji said despite the scene in front of them.

Sniffling a little, Luffy bowed his head and muttered, "Thank you." The other two were looking at each other, as if not understanding why they were being thanked for.

"For..." Luffy went on, tears now starting up again, "for saving me!" And now the tears fell.

For some reason, Ace seemed to grow angry again. "Why you!" he began, as if expecting a fight, but Sabo stopped him.

"Oi, oi," he said, trying to calm him down, "He's just thanking us."

"I still can't believe that's the Ace we met" muttered Usopp as he stares at the angry boy.

"He was so nice then..." Chopper said sadly.

Zoro sighed as he gazed at Ace's eyes, they held a lot of anger and hatred something a child shouldn't have.

"How can that be the Ace we met in Alabasta?" Nami said confused and lost at the fact that the kind and responsible older brother, was the small angry boy in front of them.

"This is years before all of that, Nami" Robin said looking at Ace who was slumped in shame at his past actions, while Sabo rubbed his back a bit in a comforting way, "things can change so quickly with the passage of time. Ace had most likely matured well and became the very brother he is now"

Robin smiled and gazed at the scene, "we'll be witnessing character development in the other memories"

The others continue watching ahead,

"I don't get it!" Ace's voice shouted out, interrupting them and they looked up, "Why didn't you tell them?! Those guys kill women and children without a second thought!"

Luffy sniffled, trembling slightly at Ace's loud voice. "If I'd told them... I could never be your friend."

"Luffy..." Ace said a bit sad knowing the real reason why.

Shanks smiles sadly putting his chin on his hand as he leaned forward on his left knee.

"That's why?" Nami said confused still bit sad for her captain.

"No, it was something more sad" said Sabo keeping his eyes forward at the scene. He could feel his heart rip at the thought of it.

"That's better than dying, isn't it?" Ace said still angry as he crosses his arms, "why even want to be my friend anyway?"

Luffy's head looks down sadly as his voice croaks out, "because.... because"

Ace's heart twinges in guilt at his baby brothers voice.

"After all the stuff that I put you through?" Ace pressed on, wanting an answer, "Why did you still follow me this far?"

Some leaned in, mostly The StrawHats, Dragon and Whitebeard's as they too wondered why a child would go through such torture and risks for a boy that didn't even want him around.

"Because..." Luffy said softly, he stopped for a moment as if afraid to say what was on his mind. But then he looked up and finally yelled out, "Because there isn't anybody else!"

"I thought that was the case," Robin said softly,

Shanks seemed to felt pity looming over him, he heard stories from Makino when he had gotten to know Luffy, was that Luffy had trouble making friends. So he knew Luffy's desperate desire to follow after Ace day after day. Having seen that familiar look of pain and loneliness in this Luffy's eyes as he went chasing after Ace, no matter what the danger was.

Garp felt his shoulders slightly fall as he felt guilty, he was so set on making his grandson strong and set a good life path, because of Dragon. But deep down he knew,

The government would have killed Luffy either way.

Dragon had sighed, he really expected his son to grow up well in a village. Dragon had hope his father wouldn't do the training he was forced to do as a child.

Ace blinked, unsure to what to say to that, but Luffy went on to explain, "I can't go back to Fushia Village, and I hate mountain bandits. If I didn't chase after you, I'd be all alone! And being alone is worse than being hurt."

Ace had felt his heart completely break, his had left his baby brother, all alone. Injured and traumatized from his death. He gazed up only seeing darkness above him, he pictured Luffy's face when he had realized Ace wouldn't make it out of the war.

Tears seemed to well up in regret at causing his baby brother so much pain.

Wham!

Ace held his head as he turned towards Sabo angrily as he says, "could you stop that!!"

Sabo huffed and said, "did you forget that I'm alive?"

Ace blinks at him,

Sabo rubbed his forehead and says, "I swear, Luffy isn't alone... I'm still there. I'm still alive, you idiot"

Ace now felt his eyes widen before he felt his bottom lip quiver a bit, "but still...he- he saw me die..."

Sabo only glances at him before looking up at the darkness. "A life of a Pirate is never easy, nor is any life for that matter..."

Ace stares at him confused and lost, his dark eyes shining with pain and guilt.

"Life has endless possibilities, there were bound to be deaths and sorrow in Luffy's adventure to be Pirate King, deep down he knew that. Luffy may be act dumb, but he's not stupid, yes, it must have been heartbreaking and traumatizing to see his older brother die in front of him, especially when he thought that you're his only brother left..."
Sabo continues to stare up at the darkness, trying to imaging the dark starry sky at night back at their tree house...

"Luffy is our baby brother, but he's strong. He won't fall but rise higher than anyone." Sabo then looks at Ace, eyes shining with determination. "And I'll make sure to be there, to watch over him. I'll take role for you"

Sabo then smiles and gently glides his fingers through Ace's locks. His smile never leaving his face as he states,

"I won't fail you, Ace"

Ace felt his tears fall before wiping them with the back of his hand as he then lifts his hand up. Sabo smirks and grabs it firmly creating a small smack.

"Watch over him, will you? I know it's too early in the memories and we'll be here for a while... but" Ace swallows and smiles brightly, "take care of our baby brother"

Sabo's heart swells and if possible, smiles even brighter towards Ace as he nods, "I will"

Marco closes his eyes as he felt his jaw clench. He tries to force the tears back as he stares forward.

Whitebeard places a hand on Marco's back as he smiles at him. Marco gives a shaky smile back.

Shanks had saw the brothers small vows. He smiles and closes his eyes a bit, his mind wandering to Luffy.

'You sure are a magnet for people huh? Anchor'

Dragon heard the conversation and kept an eye on Sabo. He had a small feeling that Sabo would be asking for a lot of missions to keep an eye on Luffy. He didn't mind that thought.

"That explains it all," Brook said softly, solemnly, "I think we all understand now why Luffy-san never gave up."

Franky bursts out sobbing as he yells dramatically, "Luffy!!"

Ace looked loss for words as he thought over what Luffy was saying. "What about your parents?" he asked slowly.

"Just Grandad, nobody else," was Luffy's simple answer.

"And you can't blame him for not wanting to be around Garp," Usopp said, his tears drying up as he remembered what Garp considered 'training'.

"Still... do we know who Luffy's mother is?" Nami asked a bit confused, the others seemed to question as everyone in the room looked towards Dragon.

Dragon merely stares at them all, blankly as he then turns towards the scene, ignoring them.

Ace just looked at Luffy long and hard. "It isn't so bad when I'm here?" he asked, his tone no longer as cold or as harsh it had been up until now, it was now soft, gentle and a small hint of fear.

"That's surprising..." Nami said, the others seemed to have leaned forward.

"Right," Luffy nodded

"And it'd be bad if wasn't here?" Ace continued, his voice still surprisingly gentle, as if he was afraid of what Luffy might answer.

"Right!" Luffy said again.

Ace slightly inhales a bit at the look of his face. This was really the moment where he wanted to know. Wanted to truly find the answer,

Everyone now noticed younger Ace's look, it turned dark as they saw him clench his pipe, his eyes boring into Luffy.

"You want me to live?" he asked quietly, he continues to stare at Luffy. But they could see the slight shake in his hand that was clenching the pipe.

"Ace..." Thach mutters sadly seeing the look in his eye.

Marco sighs sadly as he placed a hand on Ace's shoulder who slightly twitches at the sudden touch.

Sabo has seemed to lean more into Ace, practically placing his whole right side onto him.

Ace didn't feel bothered at that but rather warm at Sabo's need to comfort him.

Whitebeard sighs, his hand gripping his weapon as he stares ahead.

Some of The StrawHat's now felt realization wash through them.

Nami had felt guilt fill in the pit of her stomach as she stares at the boy in front of her.

Zoro only lets out a small breath as he stares at the dark look on Ace's face. But the fear was also visible. Two unlucky kids who didn't belong anywhere crossed paths, is this a joke played by fate or an unavoidable destiny?

Sanji lets out a puff of smoke as he gazed sadly at the small boy.

Brook slightly shudders at Ace's question, "to make a child question their own existence..."

Robin just sighs, she too had those dark thoughts... "life works in unimaginable ways... but" she says a small smile forming onto her face at Luffy's answer,

Luffy looked surprised by the question and said, "Of course I do!" Immediately after without hesitation.

Ace's face was shadowed so they couldn't see what was going through his head at the moment. "I see," was all he said as he turned around, so that the other two couldn't see him.

But the rest could see younger Ace's face. It had a hopeful look, his cheeks slightly red at the answers as he scratches his head.

"Aaaww Ace!!!" Some of Whitebeard's crew yelled as they wiped some tears from their eyes.

Older Ace felt his cheeks feel warm as he scratches his head.

Sabo has a large smile on his face as he ruffles Ace's hair before continuing to lean onto him.

Ace had felt his body relax at Sabo's touch. It reminded him of the times he and Sabo would patch each other up after a fight with thugs. Sabo would tease him and ruffle his hair while patching him up, which ended up with Ace beating his ass.

Marco smiles warmly at younger Ace's face, he slight bitter feeling washed through him as he thought,
'He got his answer in the very end...'

"But still," he added as he scratched his head. "I hate spoiled kids like you."

At those words, all the sadness in Luffy vanished at once as he jumped down and yelled angrily, "I'm not spoiled! I'm strong!"

"Strong?" Ace shouted, turning back to him, his expression skeptical, "How are you strong?! You're supposed to be a man but you keep crying all the time!"

Shanks slightly snickers at Ace's words, it reminded of his own words spoken to Luffy when he would tease the boy.

Nami sighs exasperated, "they're fighting..."

"They're already getting along so well!" Robin says with a closed eyed smile.

"Getting along?" Murmured Usopp staring at the fight now

"Have you ever been punched with a spiked glove?!" Luffy demanded. "I'm only seven! I won't cry when I get to be ten year old like you! I'll be much stronger!"

"He's got a point with the spiked glove.." said Fossa.

"I didn't cry when I was seven either!" Ace yelled, pressing his forehead up against Luffy's as they continued to argue. "You idiot! Don't compare yourself to me!"

"I'm gonna be stronger than anyone else! I promised Shanks that I'd become a great pirate!" Luffy yelled back,

"That you will, Luffy" Shanks said with a fond smile.

"A pirate?! You?!" Ace sneered.

"Ah, brotherly love," Brook laughed as the boys continued to glare and argue. "It's nice to see it, Yohohoho."

"It doesn't look much like love to me," Chopper said watching them with an apprehensive look on his face.

"You clearly don't understand brothers," Franky said with a smile. "This is common among them."

Chopper looks towards the brothers, who are leaning into each other. He hums confused.

"Alright, that's enough," Sabo said calmly, stepping between them and pushing the two apart. "Oh, by the way, I've got a problem here."

Marco smiles, "seems you were right," he says as Sabo glances at him a bit confused, "you're more responsible" Marco clarifies.

Sabo grins and chuckles a bit as he held his hand out over Ace toward Marco "never properly introduced myself despite hearing my name everywhere in the memories, the names Sabo"

Marco smirks and takes his hand in his grasp and shakes it firmly as he says, "Marco, Marco The Phoenix"

The two of them let go as Ace glances at both of them confused but watches the memories as he felt Sabo lean right back into him.

The anger melted right off of Luffy's face as he asked, "A problem?"

"What now?" Usopp asked, not understanding what the problem was.

Sabo nodded. "Because of what happened today, Bluejam's crew will be trying to find and kill will all three of us, right?"

Ace blinked. "Well, yeah. I guess."

Sabo walked passed him as he continued to talk, "I've been living in this forest, but it's close to their base, in Pirate's Cove. What do you think would happen if I fell asleep somewhere and they attacked me?"

"He'd be a dead man," Zoro answered at once.

"He'd be toast," Franky stated.

"Burnt to a crisp," Sanji added.

"Snapped in half" said Brook.

"We get it!" Yelled Nami annoyed.

"You'd die," Ace said bluntly.

Luffy nodded. "You'd definitely die."

"Yep," Usopp agreed. "No doubt about it..."

A/N - a bitch got me crying in the club...

Hello, remember sure to wash your hands for 40 seconds and to spray alcohol (medical) and Lysol onto door handles and light switches or anything that has been touched by unwashed hands and such.

Make sure to clean up your house/apartment/living space. Dust can travel from the outside and carry bacteria. Make sure to remind your family members as well, travel safely and avoid touching your eyes when outside.

Also stock up on needed supplies, where I live, stores are closing early around 10:00 pm. They are still open early in the day but only two people can leave the hows, no more than that. Hospitals are also closing due to lack of supplies and such.

And there's a new rule where people have to stay 6ft apart.

So please be careful!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.8K 56
Luffy time travels to the past. Can he change the fate of his loved ones or will he fail them again? Let's read the story to find out what happened t...
115K 1.9K 15
The long awaited two year reunion leaves Nami with unknown feelings and could this be the case for Luffy as well? One piece does not belong to me! I...
786K 17K 164
"The world. What a glorious place! Seek freedom, and it will lie stretched out before your eyes... if the endless dream guides your restless spirit...
10.6K 433 45
π™ƒπ™šπ™§π™š π™‘π™žπ™šπ™¨ 𝙀π™ͺ𝙧 π™¬π™žπ™‘π™™π™šπ™¨π™© π™–π™™π™«π™šπ™£π™©π™ͺπ™§π™šπ™¨... β•°β”ˆβž€ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ πŠπ€πŒπ€πŠπˆ, wakes up in a strange world full of pirates who are...