Vangsvere Retold

By Devils_Assasin

The Vampire world that once stayed hidden is now open, ruling the planet and overtaking all humans. With the... More

FAMILY TREES
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 2: Oh Killian
Chapter 3: Mourning
Chapter 4: Not As Bad As I Thought
Chapter 5: The Pills
Chapter 6: Maybe Theyll Grow Back
Chapter 7: Heath & Zuri
Chapter 8: Wrath Of A Vengeful Mother
Chapter 9: Not My Little Girl
Chapter 10: First We Need A Boat
Chapter 11: Petra
Chapter 12: How Romantic
Chapter 13: Straight line.
Chapter 14: You're A Smart One Too
Chapter 15: The Scruffed Womanizer
Chapter 16: Alone
Chapter 17: Nice Job
Chapter 18: Shes Alive
Chapter 19: Took His Hand
Chapter 20: Dream
Chapter 21: The One I Longed To See
Chapter 22: You Have Family
Chapter 23: Witch Boy
Chapter 24: Its The Fucking President
Chapter 25: Besides Dorky
Chapter 26: She Was My
Chapter 27: Stay. Please.
Chapter 28: Forever
Chapter 29: Petra!
Chapter 30: A Beer
Chapter 31: We Buried A Man
Chapter 32: Two Annes
Chapter 33: For Fucks Sake
Chapter 34: Tell Me Your Story
Chapter 35: No Bitch
Chapter 36: Old Fashion
Chapter 38: Nathan, Nate
Chapter 39: Romance
Chapter 40: Other Captain
Chapter 41: Hadnt Known He Was Still Physical
Chapter 42: Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 43: Permission
Chapter 44: He's Part Dragon
Chapter 45: Joy and Happiness
Chapter 46: Dont Have Green Eyes
Chapter 47: Wait
Chapter 48: Its Coming
Chapter 49: Game On
Chapter 50: Jet
Chapter 51: Top Bunk
Chapter 52: Niko
Chapter 53: Four Girls
Chapter 54: Russia It Is.
Chapter 55: Annes Child

Chapter 37: I Can Remember That Too

899 39 16
By Devils_Assasin

Thomas's POV:

Kilana and Jolene fell asleep in the bed, both of them hugging Rose. The image was something of a dream, something part of a life I knew I probably could never imagine having.

I rocked back once and watched the bedroom door open to show Viktor looking frustrated and aggitated.

He shut the door quietly and looked over at me and then the bed. "How do you do it? Raise daughters? Aren't you worried?" He asked quietly as he took a seat in the other rocking chair.

A smirk grew over my lips, "I never raised Anne, my brother did that. I just entered her life when she was into romance, trouble and teen angst." I admitted sitting back and sighing.

Viktor laughed softly, "It's hard, I think I just scared the shit out of that Koda boy. But I hate to think what thoughts he has about Jessa. She's my little girl. She's-she's pure and delicate. She's like a butterfly." He said with a saddened tone.

I looked over at him, thinking about Koda, "He's a good kid, very in tune with his good morals. She could be with someone like Kris or Abe." I joked shaking my head.

He rubbed his temple, "You don't worry? I'm freaking out even thinking that Vydia and Lucien are trying for a kid. The simple fact irks my flesh." He said gripping the chair as he said it.

A sick image crossed my mind, "I walked in on Michael and Anne. Trust me, having the possible thoughts as a fear is better than seeing it with your eyes." I cringed and stared at Kilana as she curled her face into Rose's blanket.

It was quiet for a while, "Is it weird to have her back? Your ex wife and fiancé now in the same bed." He said gesturing to the bed.

I hadn't thought of it that way, "They where close before I ever entered their lives. They're sisters, and I think Jolene sees Kilana as more like a daughter to her than sister. Their mother died when they were young and Jolene raised all of them." I whispered as they stirred.

Viktor nodded, "I remember. She used to fight a lot when she was young. Now she's so motherly and gentle, I don't know if she still can fight." He said smirking at me.

Oh she can, "She's a remarkable fighter still. Now she's mastered magic so she's even more difficult to beat in a fight. She'd take down Nevana." I said smirking proudly over at him.

He cocked an eyebrow at me and then looked a bit guilty as he stared at Melissa in bed.

His eyes focused back on Kilana, "I hope Anne realizes how lucky she is, to have so many loving parents in her life." He said softly before catching my stare, "You're a great father." He sighed and stood saying goodnight before going to the bed and laying beside Melissa.

I got up and moved to Jolene's side, laying down and pulling her to my chest. Kilana was awake now, and staring at me with a small smirk, "You look good together." She mouthed.

My heart felt full, hearing her blessing lifted a weight off me I hadn't known was there.

"Thank you." I mouthed back while she shut her eyes and fell asleep.

Kilana's POV:

All I keep seeing is her face.

Turning onto my back, I stared over at Jolene and Thomas, both of them fast asleep. Thank god she stepped into his life. I would've hated breaking his heart after all this time.

'Sorry Thomas you were a great friend but nothing more, I actually never was sexually attracted to you.'

That would've been an awkward conversation to have.

Softly getting out of bed, I eyed the alarm clock that flashed two fifty.

Melissa was curled into Viktors chest and he was snoring lightly. The memory of Melissa crying to me telling me she was pregnant crossed my mind. We'd stolen the pregnancy test and stopped at a diner hiding in a stall while we tested her.

I remember the fear on her face when it was a positive.

Now she has what she's always wanted.

I still can't believe Killian and her have a kid, a daughter. Vydia was a very sweet girl though, and I like to think she is to Anne as I was to Melissa.

Going out the room, I softly shut the door and watched as Jessa slowly crept out her room but froze as she saw me.

She gave a sheepish smile, "Anne?" I asked quietly.

She pointed up the stairs, "V" She said quietly. I gave a nod and went up the stairs while she walked up with me, She pointed to a door and then went into the room beside it.

Eyeing the door over, I ran my hand down it before lingering on the doorknob.

Softly turning the knob, I opened the door and stared inside, careful not to let any light into the room.

Annalise laid half on Michaels bare chest, his eyes opened and he stared at me with a heavy glare.

I watched him slowly detach himself from Anne. Shit.

Shutting the door, I panicked a bit and when the door opened again, Michael glared over at me with a heavy protective instinct.

Yeah, Katrina did say he was highly protective.

I can remember that too.

"Michael." I said quietly.

His eyes ran over my face and he grabbed my upper arm walking me to a bathroom and shutting the door locking it before roughly pushing me to the tub.

Okay, wow.

He's very protective over her. Is it wrong that I'm actually very happy about him being this way?

"Who are you and what do you want with Anne? I'm sick of the way you look at her." He said low and heavy. His voice was so deep, he sounded like some heavy rock band singer.

I stood and straightened my T-shirt, "I'm" I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, "It's me, Kilana. I was a mouse then I was put in this body. I just-I wanted to see my daughter. I'm sorry if I crossed your boundaries. I know Katrina raised you to cherish and protect her. I remember how obsessed you were with my belly. I get it, I understand she's yours, but I just wanted to see her. I meant you no harm and I mean her no harm." I said holding my hands out unthreateningly.

He glared at me a eyed me up and down, "What sick joke is this?" He asked aggravated.

I shook my head, "No, really I am. I know you're too young to remember anything but your mom brought you to me, I babysat you for months. Then she helped me get pregnant with Anne. The only thing she asked was that she would be bound to you to keep you from following your fathers footsteps. I said of course. I love-" he shut me up by holding a finger to my lips, "I remember everything about my childhood. If you are who you say you are, then prove it." He said looking to me a bit softer now.

Prove it? Why can't people just accept its me? I'm tired of proving myself.

I sighed, "Fucking hell. Okay hold on. You used to read books to my belly but always failed at pronouncing the word mysterious. You used to say my-stir-eye-oh-us." I blurted while he stepped back and eyed me over, "Anyone could've heard that." He retaliated.

Oh for the love of god, "You named Annalise." I said giving him a small glare, "No one but you knew that. I doubt you even remember that. You named her." I said cocking a challenging eyebrow at him. "Your favorite game was checkers but you played it wrong and I just let you. You loved reading, you used to say you'd have a bajillion books. You hated tying your shoes in any way but the two bunny ears. Broccoli and you were complete enemies, and you gagged whenever you smelt Artichoke. You have a branded x on your neck from your father. Also, you have the same birthmark that your father has. It's right over your hip. In the exact spot Lucious's was." I blabbered on and watched him step back carefully.

Then I let out a nervous laugh, "I loved your father, I can't begin to count the times I'd felt his bare skin beneath my hands as we were teens. But he changed. He met your mom and married her in spite of my arranged marriage with Thomas. He was horrible to your mother and grew to be a bad man but I swear he wasn't always that way." I admitted aloud while he leaned his back into the door, "You're Kilana." He said quietly.

Then he sunk to the floor, his eyes on me with such disbelief.

Uh, "Can you do me a favor? Just don't tell Anne. I'm trying to work up the courage but it's a process. You know?" I asked moving down and kneeling in front of him.

He gave a small nod, "Thank you." He said snapping out of his strange trance.

Did he just thank me? "For what?" I laughed softly and he gave a small smile, "For bringing my soul mate into this world. Thank you." He said it so casually, as if the words weren't the most adorable and loving words I'd heard someone say to their future in law.

I gave him a smile back, "Thank you for loving her so deeply. She's lucky to have you Michael, truly she is." I admitted helping him to stand to his feet.

He was still a bit shaky, "Can you let me-I know this is a weird request, but can I just peek at her? For a few minutes? I just want to see her face, please." I said a bit pleadingly and desperate.

Michael furrowed his eyebrows, "Of course, you're her mother, Kilana. You can do whatever you'd like, so long as it isn't harmful to her." He said opening the door.

I followed him out the bathroom and to the room.

Anne was asleep curled to Michaels pillow, he laughed softly and moved her off his pillow and laid down in the bed beside her. She immediately clung to him and dug her face into his armpit.

He smirked and adjusted her over his chest so her face laid on his chest. Her face in perfect view of me now.

I slowly moved closer and knelt down beside the bed now. Michael was softly stroking her cheek to keep her asleep, and she was smiling in her sleep.

Years, I've waited years for this moment.

Michael moved his hand and took mine, softly brushing it over her cheek. It caught me by surprise but I focused back on Anne as she snuggled closer into Michael.

My beautiful miracle baby girl.

Softly brushing her cheek with my hand, I laid my chin down on the bed and admired her. The long dark lashes and matching dark brows that were totally her fathers. Then those high cheekbones, the lips and even her nose were all mine.

How odd to see something that looks so much like myself?

Looking up at Michael, I watched the way he stared at Anne with so much love and admiration. "You look so much like your father." I whispered watching him move his eyes to me.

His fathers eyes.

My heart ached, "I've been told I'm more like my mother." He said quietly before brushing Anne's hair back.

I'd almost forgotten the hatred he had for his father, when he was young he'd cry and beg his mother not to ever make him go back to him.

I watched his eyebrows knit together and his jaw tense, he didn't like my comment.

Petra was right, he shouldn't be mentioned here.

"You're definitely your mother's son." I said softly while catching his stare.

He focused back on Anne.

I gave Anne one last long look before standing, "Thank you Michael, sleep good." I said before walking out the room. I felt bad for what I'd said, he obviously seemed hurt by it.

God I suck at this whole mothering thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 53 33
BOOK 2 After chaos destroyed, America fell into pandemonium and there was no communication with the U.S. After a pandemic crisis on the East coast, m...
1K 89 18
{WARNING: This is an original story of mine, and has nothing to do with any fandoms. I understand if you don't want to read it, but it would mean a l...
62.6K 3.1K 32
**WARNING: Depictions of drugs, rape, and violence are within this book.** The world is in ruin. Destroyed by the powers that governed it in all out...
354 135 31
This book is about a gang of supernatural creatures - a kitsune, a werewolf, three witches, a kanai and a dead witch hunter - who are trying to find...