Honey || Reddie

By notcoincidental

It's a little funny how he always tastes like honey - - - - This takes place like in 1991, in this world Penn... More

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘
𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐒
𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?
𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈
𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞?
𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭, 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐭?
𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦
𝐘𝐞𝐩, 𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦
𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲
𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒
𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐧
𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧?
𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐
𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞
𝐧𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬
𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐭𝟏
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐭𝟐
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝
𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭
um...hi

𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮?

4.2K 107 536
By notcoincidental

Friends can be complicated sometimes. There are fights, and there is drama, there is secrets. But when you really found good friends, those things just become stupid memories.

Eddie doesn't really have much friends. Katie and Richie. But even Richie he's awkward around. Because he scared to be completely honest with him. The only other kind of friend he has is Tyler from Math class.

He's cool and all but they aren't close. They aren't like best friends. They just talk about stupid stuff. At times Tyler will defend Eddie from the bully's of the school but other than math class, they both kind of keep to themselves.

Richie backs away from his two friends. And looks at them. "We are so sorry. Maybe we can make it up to you. Tomorrow?" Beverly asks. "Ben, Stan, and Mike all want to see you."

Richie sighs. "I'm sorry I have something to do tomorrow." He says. And then walks in between his friends to get to the floor. "What? What could you possibly be doing on a Sunday." Beverly asks. "Remember I babysit."

Richie says while walking to the kitchen and grabbing a coffee. "Right. I forgot you still do babysitting." Bill says with an eye roll.

"Well I'd love to stay and talk but um can I stay over at a friends house?" His mom tilts her head and raises an eyebrow. "Who?" She asks.

"Just Eddie. I'll be back as soon as the sun shines on the house." Richie says with a whatever tone.

Beverly moves her mouth to the side of her face and turns a little red. The whole group knows he's gay, but only Beverly knows about Eddie. She doesn't want to mention it in front of his mom and Bill. But Bill is suspicious. As usual.

He looks at Beverly and then Richie. "Ok well um see you when I see you." Bill says. Richie walks to the door and starts to open it. "Bye guys." He says. And then walks out closing the door behind him. As soon as he hears the door click, he smiles real big and then clicks his heels together. "Woooooh." He screams. The person he is madly in love with kissed him back. He deserves that.

He starts to think. Thinking about the future. What's to come after this. "I know it was just a kiss." He says to himself. But in the back of his head, he sees himself moving to New York with Eddie and getting married. He saw himself moving into his first apartment with him. And traveling the world with him. But for now it was just a simple kiss between two stupid boys.

(I'm so sorry I've had such a huge writers block recently and I already know this is gonna come out way too late but I love you)

Richie starts to skip down the street without even realizing it. Happily spinning in circles, daydreaming about having a life with Eddie. "Eddie Spaghetti. My true love." He whispers.

He doesn't realize how close he is to Eddies house until he sees it. He sees into the window. He sees Eddie running around the house with Katie. Making the place look nice. Eddie sees the record player and puts on some light 50s music. Eddie smiles and starts to dance around the living room.

Katie runs around the kitchen cleaning up while Eddie Waltz's around the living room with himself. Suddenly Richie sees himself going to prom with Eddie. Him in a fancy outfit.

He blushes and takes another sip of his vanilla coffee. "You got this" he says. He walks up to the door and takes a deep breath. The door was tall and has a wooden brown tint. Wind blew across his rosy lips.

There was a door bell on the left with gold placement around it. The porch was squeaky as he moved his feet back and forth. Procrastination is Richies best tactic.

"Just fucking do it Richie!" He whispers yells and then lifts his finger to the door bell and rings it. He patiently waits and the longer he waits the more nervous he gets.

Eddies eyes go big. He runs to the door and then just stands in front of it. He can't open it. He just can't. He freezes. No knowledge why. Once he opens that door there is no going back. But that's what Eddie wants. He's just scared of what Richie wants.

"Just open it." Katie whisper yells from down the hall. He twists the handle slowly and pulls the door open. Richie stands there with an awkward face. "Hi" Eddie says. ( I'm sorry but 👉👈 shy)

"So um do you wanna come in?" Eddie asks. "Um well that's why I'm here." Richie laughs. "Oh of course." Eddie slides over, letting Richie inside. He walks in and smells the warm smell of chocolate brownies. Katie just took them out of the oven.

Eddie leads Richie into the Kitchen. Where Katie is fanning the brownies with the oven mitt. "Hello boys" she says with a royal accent.

Richie smirks. "Come on Katie. Act normal for just a few hours." Eddie rolls his eyes and walks over to his fridge. "I wasn't acting normal with your mom last night." She says. Richie snorts and try's to hold in a smile. 'I like this girl' he thinks. Eddie turns around and looks at Katie with big eyes. "Listen I know you won't actually fuck my mom. But you are a lesbian and are into older women so..." Eddie says and closes the fridge. "Just because she was a senior, doesnt mean I like older women." Katie snaps.

Richie just watches away at the two friends fighting. For the first time ever, Richie feels actually mature.

"Yeah actually it does." Eddie says. "She was a REDHEAD! Redheads are hot." Katie yells. "Fact" Richie laughs. "You are seriously encouraging this?" Eddie asks. The brownies have cooled down by now but they are too in conversation.

"I'm just saying, she has a point. My friend Bev. She is hot." Richie says. Katie smiles. "You have a hot red head friend? I need to meet her."

Eddie rolls his eyes and walks to the stairs and up to the bathroom. Leaving Richie and Katie in silence.

"I think we are in trouble." Katie says. Richie laughs and awkwardly smiles. "Welp the brownies are done. And cooled so if you want one." She asks.

Richie steps into the kitchen and sits in one of the stools connected to the island. "Hit me with a brownie." Katie hands him one on a paper plate and then sits down across from him. "So." Katie says in an awkward tone.

Richie just is digging into his brownie ignoring the elephant in the room.

"You like Eddie?" Katie asks. Richie stops eating his sweet treat and stares down at the table with huge eyes. Katie looks around the kitchen. Anywhere but Richie.

"Yeah. I like him a lot. I've liked him ever since I first saw him." Richie says and starts to think about the first day of school. Going home and sitting next to the window reading comics. And when he looked up, he saw a short boy. Richie never really experienced feelings for anyone let alone, a boy. So at first he didn't know why, he was so fascinated with the boy.

"Aww. I remember when Eddie first saw you." Katie says snapping Richie out of his gaze.

"What?" Richie says furrowing his eyebrow.

"Yeah, I remember he called me. Talking about you. Talking about how 'he was so pretty and charming' it was cute." She laughs and then grabs a brownie from the stove for herself. Her calloused fingers didn't mind the heat from the brownie.

"He talked about me?" Richies face goes blank. "Yeah, almost every time I saw him. He was like Richie this and Richie that. We talked about you all night once. Yeah I remember he wouldn't stop talking about when you fixed his bike. And when you went to the movies together. Even though you guys got beat the shit out of after wards."

Richie looks down at the table in shock. Here he thought he was the one with the big crush.

"Listen, please don't hurt him. This is his first relationship, and you better not break his heart." She demands.

"I like Eddie. Like a lot. Fanny pack and all." They both laugh. 'She's nicer than I thought' he thinks while piling more brownie in his mouth. "I honestly didn't like you at first." Richie says.

Katie's head moves back in surprise. "What? Why?" She questions.

"Well Eddie told me you guys were dating. So I was jealous. That's why I freaked so much about seeing you."

Katie starts uncontrollably laughing. Richie just stares at her. Eddie doesn't anything from the upstairs bathroom. He's washing his face and practicing things to say in the mirror.

Once her laughter dies down, she speaks. "Sorry, no I was just picturing me with a guy. That's funny. But yeah me and Eddie dated. I'd say for almost a month. We worked at the same job and people started to get suspicious of whether I was gay or not so. I decided to ask Eddie to date me. We were close friends. But nothing really changed when we started dating besides the title. We weren't really even dating. We didn't even hold hands or kiss." She says not taking a single breath through the whole thing.

"Wait you guys didn't kiss?" Richie asked. Richie has kissed many people before. Mainly for fun. Not one of the kisses were actually serious. His first kiss was a spin the bottle with a random girl at a middle school party. He didn't even know her name. He met one girl Freshmen year and made out with her in the closet but she moved away. And last summer him and his friends went to a pool party and he ended up making out with a girl in the bathroom.

Both times, it meant nothing to Richie. He just thought it's what normal teenagers do.

"Well what was Eddies first kiss?" Richie asks. "Oh, he's kissed a ton of people. I don't know which one was first." Rain starts to hit the window hard. Stormy nights were Eddies favorite.

"Oh" Richie mutters. Katie rolls her eyes. "I'm just fucking with you. You were his first kiss. And I got to watch." She laughs.

Richie blushes and then nods. Thinking about how Eddie lost his lips the Trashmouth.

When Eddie came out the bathroom he heard the distant thunder and smiled. "Perfect." He whispers as he steps one by one down the stairs.

"So what movie are we gonna watch?" Katie asks Richie. Richie eyes go big when he is put on the spot. "Umm we are watching a movie?"

Eddie comes out of nowhere in the hall, "I mean we don't have to. If you don't want to-" "No it's fine. I just don't know what movie to watch."

The truth is Richie kinda thought that it was just gonna be the two of them tonight. Don't get me wrong. He likes Katie and all but. He really wants to talk to Eddie.

"Well we have many choices." She gets up and walks into the living room expecting the two boys to follow her but Richie just stares at Eddie.

"We got Sixteen Candles, Edward Scissorhands, Breakfast Club, Ferris Buellers Day off, Goonies, Home Alone, Back to The Future 3, Child's Play 2,"

She continues and Both boys sit in silence saying nothing and not moving awkwardly. It's obvious what they both want.

"Lord of the flies, Night of the Living Dead,  Terminator, Hook, Adams Family, My Girl, Drop Dead Fred, Boyz N the hood, and Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure."

Eddie looks at Richie with sorry in his face. It's not Eddies fault. In fact Katie knew exactly that both of them wanted her out. But Eddie knew what was going on at her house.

Eddie was scared that Richie will get annoyed with her being here. He could tell they Richie wanted to be alone with him.

But they both just freeze up like sticks. Katie leans over to see into the kitchen.

"Killer movie selection." Richie says quickly with a smile, brightening the mood. And then Eddie smiles, showing his pearly whites.

They both walk into the living room, gets down on both knees and look at all the movies. "I was kinda feeling My girl." Katie says.

Richie head goes back. "Toooo sad. Are you kidding me? No I was feeling Night if the living Dead." He says.

"No no no. That's scary as shit. I was feeling Breakfast Club." Eddie picks up the movie and looks at it.

"What about Lord of the flies?" Katie asks. "Nope not feelin it." Eddie replies.

"How about Drop Dead Fred?" Richie puts his hands out. They both look at him and then back at the movie selection. The bookshelf they lay on isn't that sturdy. It's wooden and old. It was a quick thing they bought from a thrift store when they first moved in and had no furniture.

"Ok. I know how to do this. Eddie since this is your house. Give me a number." She says. "Ok 3."

She turns her heels to read the movie names and then goes and down 3 "The breakfast- Hey you cheated." She yells and then turns her head right side up.
"Well you asked me to pick a number so I looked at the shelf and then picked a number."

Katie and Eddie continue to argue while Richie just sits and looks at the movies.

"Well why don't you just agree?" Eddie yells back at her. They go off and Richie rolls his eyes. "Ok that's enough. Katie's probably gonna fall asleep half way through the movie and then me and Eddie are gonna sneak off upstairs to talk and sleep in his room because the couch is rather uncomfortable so why does it fucking matter? Jesus, it's like two little kids fighting over a lollipop." He yells and then sits on the couch.

When he sits in it. It sinks down. It really is a shitty couch. Again, they just bought the first thing they saw at Goodwill so they would at least have a couch. It looked like a grandma from the 70s had it. And it had a mysterious purple stain on the corner they covered up with a pillow.

Katie and Eddie look at each other. "I mean he's not wrong." She says. "Then How about Goonies?" He says back. They both nod.

*later that night*

Katie was snuggled under a bunch of blankets on the recliner. She was half asleep and the movie was almost half way through. Richie and Eddie day on the couch. Side by side. Richie wasn't really paying any attention to the movie. He was focused on Eddie. And vice versa. Eddie scrunched up his lips and put them to the side of his face. Awkward.

Suddenly a loud snore came out of Katie. She was passed out from a long day. "She's dead." Richie laughs out. "You called it."

The movie went on and both boys just sat awkwardly. Richie took sips of his Vanilla cappuccino every once in a while but neither one of them wanted to be the one to suggest going upstairs.

"Hey. So this couch is really uncomfortable." Richie says almost as if it's a question. "Yeah it is. Maybe we should go upstairs. I'm kinda getting tired anyways." Eddie says, finally having enough courage to say it.

Richie nods. "Yeah me too." Richie stands up first. They don't bother to turn off the Tv.

Once they get to Eddies room. Richie closes the door slowly. Once it clicks he walks over to the bed. Eddie quickly runs over to the window and creaks it open to let some fresh air in. And then goes over to the little power button on his Christmas lights and changes them to blue.

The whole room fills with blue light and Richie smiles. "Well, Ed's. You really out did yourself." Eddie blushes at the nickname but Richie can't tell because of the blue lighting.

They both sit down in the bed, criss cross at each other. Admiring facial features, not really being aware of what's going on. Richie still has his nice outfit on and Eddie still has his clothes on so they weren't going to sleep quite yet but they both were just sitting in stare.

Eddie had a lump in his throat but he didn't feel nervous. He just felt unsure of what was gonna happen next.

"Can we just be completely honest about everything with us." Richie asks while tracing his eyes down to Eddies lips.

"Ok." Eddie responds calmly and then looks at Richies left eye and then right.

"Ok, I'm gonna ask you questions and you have to answer them with complete honesty." Richie says sternly.

Eddie just nods and then bites his lip. (What a BOTTOM) A light mist rolls in after the storm earlier.

"Ok, name everyone that you have dated." He asks. "Just Katie."

Richie nods. "When we went to the movies, did you think it was a date?" "No but I wanted it to be."

Richie is blushing so hard right now that his face turns a light purple because of the lights. "Do you like guys?" He asks. "Yes" "Do you like me?"

Eddie takes a deep breath. Looks at Richie straight in the eyes and opens his mouth. "Yes."

Richie wants to jump up and down on the bed and scream at the top of his lungs but he keeps his mouth shut, trying to hold in his smile.

"Ok, My turn." Eddie says. "When you said you had a crush on someone, did you mean me?" He asks. His eyebrows curve. "Yes."

"Are you gay?" "Yes." It's so weird for Richie, saying it out loud.

"Do you like me?" Eddie asks. He has worry in his face, even though he basically knows the answer, he's still scared.

"Yes." He says. Eddie takes an exhale and then starts laughing. Richie does the same. "So we like each other?" Richies asks.

Eddie nods and laughs. "I guess so."

"Holy shit. Ok." They both laugh. But as their laughing dies out, they fall into this ongoing stare. Where they both examine each other's faces.

With that stare comes this toll on one of them to say something. Yet neither of them want to stop looking at the other one. If only that feeling would go on forever.

"Can I kiss you?" Richie asks. "Yes."

(CONSENT!!!)

Richie takes a breath and then leans in to Eddie. While Eddie does the same. Their lips meet under the blue light. And they both feel good.

Finally. It finally fucking happened.

Also stay say cuz of the corona and everything. I am on corona break currently. So stay safe. And read while ur in self quarantine

Ok I know I haven't updated in a while and I know I've promised that I wouldn't be that one writer who just stops posting. And I want be but I have been going through so much shit so please go easy on me and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also can y'all please suggest songs. I have different song ideas for future chapters but in the mean time I need your guys opinions and would y'all mind if I put a Beatles song or some of my weird indie music??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 368 22
Home (Reddie fanfic) - title is a work in progress "Why are you following me?" Eddie interrupted "Well there are these thing called streets" he expl...
25.9K 944 13
Richie Tozier/Eddie Kaspbrak [ High School AU ] After the Losers Club part ways following the demise of Pennywise, they are soon reunited during thei...
22.9K 944 53
"You have to admit, Richie. Connor, Mr. James, all the fights you get in, my mom being crazy, everything going wrong right now... the common denomina...
44.5K 1.1K 42
This story is based 2 years after the Losers defeated Pennywise. (The first time). They all are still living in Derry, trying to forget all of the fr...