30 Days of Inkopolis Drabbles!

By starlightspeedway99

A writing challenge I did a few months ago! Here's what I wrote for Novelty November with all of my Splatoon... More

Day 1: Dinner Party
Day 2: Concert
Day 3: Nature Walk
Day 4: Reminisce
Day 5: Lazy Sunday
Day 6: Smile
Day 7: Date
Day 8: Family
Day 9: Festival
Day 10: Rainy Day
Day 11: Piano
Day 12: Daydream
Day 13: Friends
Day 14: Stargaze
Day 15: Mountain
Day 16: Coffee Shop
Day 17: Dance
Day 18: Sunset
Day 20: Cloudgaze
Day 21: Shopping
Day 22: Crush
Day 23: Vacation
Day 24: Movie Night
Day 25: Beach/Ocean
Day 26: Camp
Day 27: School Days
Day 28: Play
Day 29: Dessert
Day 30: Forest

Day 19: Parade

2 0 0
By starlightspeedway99

"I think I bit off more than I can chew, again!" The baby blue Inkling groaned as rubbed her temples, frustrated more than anything.

Right on cue, Frederick, Zack, Kai, and Glaucon all began snickering uncontrollably. Dia groaned even louder and turned around, elbowing her girlfriend in the side.

"Why are you going after me? What about them?" Glaucon replied, still laughing a little bit.

"Because! I expect that from them, but you? I'm a little disappointed." Dia sighed. Glaucon's expression quickly turned to one of shock.

Holding back a laugh themself, Makani clapped their hands together quickly to bring the attention back.

"Anyways, our float is gonna be rolling out soon! Everybody got their flags?" Makani barked.

"Yeah!" All of the other cephalopods shouted, holding up their respective flags high in the air proudly.

"Good! We have Dia to thank for all this today! If it wasn't for her advocating about diversity and whatnot on Coralgram every day, we would've never been a part of Inkopolis Pride- right?"

"Right!" The nine friends all shouted again.

Dia pretended to sob dramatically and wrapped Makani up in her arms. "You're gonna make me cry! I'm not ready for these emotions right now!"

"Yeah, sure!" Makani laughed. "Are you still nervous?"

"Not as much."

"That's progress, I guess?" The azure Octoling shrugged their shoulders. "Oh, and before I forget...I think we have someone at least one of each...?"

"Each orientation?" Dia piped up.

"Yeah!" Makani squealed. "We have an ace, an aro, and a nonbinary cephalod all in the same friend group! How fresh is that?"

"But you know what's even cooler?" Kai strolled over and rested her arm on Makani's shoulder. "Two pansexuals, am I right?"

"Pan pride?" Makani held out their little fist.

"Pan pride." Kai bumped her first to Makani's, and the two shared a look of solidarity.

Frederick, for the first time in maybe months, chuckled before taking control of the group. "Okay, seriously! Let's get ready, it's almost time! Hiro and Maya and stand in this corner next to Zack! Glaucon, you can go in the middle. "

The four friends in question all gave thumbs ups before doing as they were told.

"Ellie, you're...." Frederick began.

"Straight?" She replied, a puzzled look on her face.

Frederick snicked a little bit. "You don't sound so sure about that! But stand over on this side for me."

The orange Octoling pouted a little before running over to her proper spot.

"Kai, you're standing with Dia and I-"

"What?" She protested. "I thought I was gonna be with Maka?"

"No."

"Oh come on, Fred!" Dia laughed. "She can take my spot so she can be closer to them!" She switched places with Kai, who flashed her a grateful grin.

"And where am I gonna be?" Makani asked quietly, almost a little nervous.

Dia and Frederick shared a look of excitement. The baby blue Inkling lifted up Makani gently, and placed them in the little rainbow throne sitting atop the parade float. They blinked a few times in confusion before smiling like crazy.

"The queen has taken their rightful place on the throne!" Zack cheered.

Makani folded their arms with an amused smile. "Don't you mean, monarch?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 888 21
I made the cover! PARTS GET BETTER AS I CONTINUE!! Every part takes me 3-7 days or more (mainly because i wanna write ones with 1000+ words, or i mig...
21.3K 404 22
I love him. I know it, and I cannot hide my feelings anymore. But I cannot either tell him. Not because he's cool, not because he didn't notice to me...
11.9K 241 34
What the title say's basically. I'll write fluff (ships) and angst but no smut! Requests are CLOSED, enjoy! :D (I only ship the characters not the a...
1.2M 19.6K 102
You are just an average inkling in Inkopolis Square, when you notice a strange person who changes your life. This story begins in Splatoon 2, but I w...