30 Days of Inkopolis Drabbles!

By starlightspeedway99

A writing challenge I did a few months ago! Here's what I wrote for Novelty November with all of my Splatoon... More

Day 1: Dinner Party
Day 2: Concert
Day 3: Nature Walk
Day 4: Reminisce
Day 5: Lazy Sunday
Day 6: Smile
Day 7: Date
Day 8: Family
Day 9: Festival
Day 10: Rainy Day
Day 11: Piano
Day 12: Daydream
Day 13: Friends
Day 14: Stargaze
Day 15: Mountain
Day 16: Coffee Shop
Day 17: Dance
Day 19: Parade
Day 20: Cloudgaze
Day 21: Shopping
Day 22: Crush
Day 23: Vacation
Day 24: Movie Night
Day 25: Beach/Ocean
Day 26: Camp
Day 27: School Days
Day 28: Play
Day 29: Dessert
Day 30: Forest

Day 18: Sunset

3 0 0
By starlightspeedway99

"You love her, don't you?" Maya giggled. She couldn't help but laugh as Kai squirmed around uncomfortably after being put on the spot so suddenly.

"Why you gotta put me on blast like that?" Kai squealed.

"At least I didn't ask you in the group chat!" The pink Octoling replied with a mischievous smile.

Kai shook her head and folded her arms, trying to escape this conversation. She gazed out the window of the train, focusing on the sky's brilliant evening color palette.

"It's already getting dark, huh? It's only a little before five, and the sun's gonna set soon." Kai explained, hoping to take Maya's attention away from the first topic.

She groaned a little in response. "You're dodging the question!"

"I totally am!" The yellow Inkling laughed awkwardly."Okay, fine! I love your sister, what else do you want from me?"

Maya gasped a little and clapped her hands gleefully like a child. "Are you guys dating?"

"Nah."

"So, just platonically then?"

"Yup!"

"That's so CUTE!" The pink Octoling squealed loudly, warranting a barrage of annoyed looks from the other train passengers.

"Are you done interrogating-"

"When are you gonna move in together?"

"Woah- wait! Did she ...tell you everything?" Kai stammered nervously.

"Nah, I just read her diary."

The two girls laughed together before sharing a moment of silence. The brilliant orange glow of the sunset illuminated the train car. Pink, yellow, and burnt orange hues painted the sky, putting on a show for only those who were willing to stop and admire it.

Just as Kai got comfortable again, Maya opened her mouth to ask one more question. She played with her tentacles for a while before she finally decided on what to say.

"One more thing! Say if...say if Ellie wanted to kiss you, right? W-would you do it?"

Kai's expression softened as she ran Maya's question over in her head a few times. She smiled gently as her cheeks grew a little hot.

"Of course I would. I love her lots, you know?"

The pink Octoling looked satisfied with her answer and grinned back. "No wonder why she wants her first kiss to be with you..." She mumbled under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 132 42
Psyche just turned 14 and can't wait to play some matches. Along the way, she and Maggie meet two new faces, and after one game, they all immediately...
53.8K 608 26
Juggling between agent duties and Turf War is Agent 8's life. However, in doing so, he forgot to pay his rent and now he's evicted. Luckily, Agent 3...
65 0 30
A collection of the stories I've written and shared on Instagram for the Novelty November 2020~! There are multiple Fandoms and also some original ch...
21.3K 404 22
I love him. I know it, and I cannot hide my feelings anymore. But I cannot either tell him. Not because he's cool, not because he didn't notice to me...