30 Days of Inkopolis Drabbles!

By starlightspeedway99

A writing challenge I did a few months ago! Here's what I wrote for Novelty November with all of my Splatoon... More

Day 1: Dinner Party
Day 2: Concert
Day 3: Nature Walk
Day 4: Reminisce
Day 5: Lazy Sunday
Day 6: Smile
Day 7: Date
Day 9: Festival
Day 10: Rainy Day
Day 11: Piano
Day 12: Daydream
Day 13: Friends
Day 14: Stargaze
Day 15: Mountain
Day 16: Coffee Shop
Day 17: Dance
Day 18: Sunset
Day 19: Parade
Day 20: Cloudgaze
Day 21: Shopping
Day 22: Crush
Day 23: Vacation
Day 24: Movie Night
Day 25: Beach/Ocean
Day 26: Camp
Day 27: School Days
Day 28: Play
Day 29: Dessert
Day 30: Forest

Day 8: Family

7 0 0
By starlightspeedway99

Elise awoke in a cold sweat, haunted by the whirring sound of stainless steel blades. Just as she was about to spring out of bed to head to her sister's room, the felt a gentle tickle on the back of her neck. She turned around to see Maya dozing peacefully behind her in bed. Elise breathed a sigh of relief, and gave her sister a giant hug and nuzzled her face into her chest.

"Another nightmare?"

Startled, Elise picked up her head to be greeted by Maya's amused expression.

"I thought you were sleeping!" She squeaked, almost a little embarrassed. "But yeah, I did."

"It's okay, I did too. That's why I'm here." The older sister giggled. She protectively wrapped her arm around Elise's shoulders and pulled her closer. "Twin telepathy is real, you know! We even get bad dreams at the same time." She sighed a little.

The orange Octoling's body tensed up suddenly, and grumbled at the mention of the word that had been bothering her for years.

"We're not twins." She protested. "We're probably not even related, Maya! And we have no way of knowing!"

Maya kissed her teeth out of frustration. "We've had this conversation before, Ellie! We're twins, even if we're not actually related."

"Don't say that, that's not true." Elise replied softly, on the verge of tears.

"Elise-"

"I'm just a nobody, Maya! I'm not your twin, or your sister, or anybody!" The younger Octoling finally broke down and began sobbing profusely. "I feel like I'm just a stranger sometimes!"

Maya held back her own tears and cradled the younger Octoling in her arms while wiping her tears away.

"Ellie, look at me." She demanded.

The orange Octoling did as she was told and looked directly into Maya's eyes. Her sister lovingly cupped her cheeks in her hands and kissed her on the forehead.

"So what if we're not real sisters? Do you think I care about that?" The pink Octoling giggled. "I love you Ellie, and nothing will ever change that! You and I have been through so much together that I can't imagine my life without you in it! And even if we do have real siblings somewhere out there, nobody could ever love you as much as I do!"

"Sissy...." Elise managed to murmur in between sniffles. "Bet?"

"Bet. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

821 20 19
This'll just be a ton of short pieces all pertaining to my Rainbow High OCs lol. I love these characters so much, so it'll be fun to write more about...
63K 1.1K 78
Inklings and Octolings are territorial creatures. Even after thousands of years of evolution, their innate instincts are still within their biology...
65 0 30
A collection of the stories I've written and shared on Instagram for the Novelty November 2020~! There are multiple Fandoms and also some original ch...
21.4K 404 22
I love him. I know it, and I cannot hide my feelings anymore. But I cannot either tell him. Not because he's cool, not because he didn't notice to me...