Can't Stay Tranquil (BoyxBoy)✓

By DrillBurger

Put someone who is too good for you beside someone you want but can never have, spice things up with a relent... More

An Author's heartfelt note
Meet The Characters!
Prologue - Can't Stay Tranquil
01: New Friends
02: Alex SpongeBob
03: Ugly Shadows
04: Casper Stenchrow
05: Just, don't be gay
06: New roommate
07: Chocolates for You
08: Scramble Vs PS4
09: A Mason in Denberg
10: Easy one to talk to
11: A Visit to Mako's pt. 1
12: A Visit to Mako's pt. 2
14: Fear, Tears, Sadness and Safety
15: Watchful eyes
16: Reunion
17: Acceptance
18: Young Lovers
19: Lip gloss!
20: Under Starry Skies
21: You're in my Head
22: Party at The ER pt. 1 - Casper
23: Party at The ER pt. 2 - Tarek
24: Party at The ER pt. 3 - Blackout
25: The Note
26: What Is This Fuckery?
27: A Friend In Me
28: Classy and Fancy
29: A Calming Effect
Denberg Extravaganza✨(Bonus)
30: Matriculation Ceremony
31: A Tipsy Kiss
32: Ramifications
33: Bleeding and Falling Apart
34: Needing Him
35: Deceiving Him
36: An Incubus and Dead Brain Cells
37: Spin a Two-way Challenge
38: Out and Proud
39: Finding My Rainbow
40: 6 Feet 11 Inches Under
41: Coming Out
42: A Birthday Sleepover - Pink-White
43: A Birthday Makeover - Bloom
44: A Birthday Surprise - An Empty Jar
45: A Pansexual Spouse (Khalid)
46: From Grey to Turquoise
47: Breaking Him
48: Lighthouse Goes to Church
49: Burgeoning Colours
50: The Diner; where memories were made
51: Everything Goes Wrong
52: Breathe
53: I Love You Too (Finale)
Update!

13: Chafer's Request

2.4K 154 113
By DrillBurger

Picture of Kevin Gayle (^^)

Chapter 13 - Chafer's request.

Oliver

Khalid drove Chris and I to school on this very slow day, I honestly felt like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. In fact, I really did; my head was hanging down from the bed and both my legs were like poles. They repelled, staying far away from each other. I mostly exhibit my bad sleeping posture, when I'm stressed or incredibly fatigued the night before. I was none of those, so the reason behind my awful sleep last night was a mystery I did not care the solve. At least not now, I had a busy day ahead of me.

We had a quick breakfast at the closest cafeteria before heading off to our various classes.

Aside from my uncomfortable sleep the previous night, today seemed really uneventful. That was probably one of major reasons today seemed so slow and unfulfilling. The way the seconds crawled by at a snail's pace was palpable. It could've been my lack of attention and interest in the lectures we had, it could've been so many things but I just wasn't feeling today.

Not like I've really felt other days anyway.

The second professor gave us an assignment out of the course textbook and a research project, saying it was due by Monday. I couldn't even complain, they always gave us such a short period of time to get a lengthy homework done.

After our last class, I had absolutely nothing else planned for the day, Shirley, Kevin and I simply walked out of the lecture hall and found ourselves wandering around campus. All in the name of getting familiar with the school. It was completely expected of Kevin anyway, the kid is energetic and always in high spirits.

"Oi! Denberg is fiiine." He spoke up, getting our attention. Him dragging the last word just further proved my thoughts of him being positive and so peppy about almost everything.

I sighed audibly, wishing I could feel the way he feels about school.

"I know, right? Everything is just in order," Shirley spoke next. Approving what Kevin had just said.

I groaned this time, distinctively notifying them of my inner frustration.

"Unfortunately someone has other negative opinions of the school," Shirley continued to speak. Glaring at me, which didn't fail to make it obvious that I was the one she was referring to.

I raised my hand in surrender, withdrawing from them a bit. "Woah! okay, don't look at me like that. I do like Denberg. I just don't like that I'm in Denberg." I explained, stressing the last sentence to make them understand. I brought down my hands and resumed walking at the same pace with them before I continued, "see two totally different things right here." I motioned with my hands, weighing them in the air to show difference.

She looked away from me with a vague, indifferent look on her face which instantly disappeared and was replaced with a very bright smile as she waved at a girl who just passed us. The girl waved back with an equally bright smile on her face.

"Why are you here then? I mean the school is even difficult to get into and you're not happy about being here. I really don't see the appreciation." Kevin spoke, inquisitiveness present in his voice.

I sighed again for what felt like the umpteenth time today.

"Why is it that anytime someone talks about Denberg, they always manage to praise it by saying something spectacular about the school, even when it's totally not their intentions to." I chuckled, directing my statement to Kevin who just unknowingly lauded the school.

What sorcery is this?

He shrugged, as he tried to recall what he just said. "I mean... yooo... I didn't even notice," he called out in realization, laughing softly at himself.

"I guess it's just how it is, you know? Denberg the city within a city," she gestured in the air as she spoke as if drawing the sign.

"Trust me when I say I'm just here because of my mum. I would've been in another state, far from Jega by now. Or a different country even, I've relatives..." i trailed off, remembering my dusty relationship with most of my cousins and uncles outside the country. "I guess," I finished with uncertainty.

Shirley held her cheeks with both of her hands. Pouting at me, she cooed. "Awww little Olly wants a snow cone?"

I playfully nudged her arm with a chuckle, making her drop her hands from her face.

"I indeedy do," I pouted back before continuing, "I know I'll eventually get accustomed to schooling here, at least I've you kids." I said with a baby teary voice, as I faked trying to hug them. "God I love you kids." They playfully pushed me away as I went in for the hug. "Oh I'm also happy I met Chris," I said with a chuckle. Winking and directing what I'd just said to Shirley who'd turned red already.

She squeaked and attacked the arm facing her, I tried to avoid her painless smacks.

Waste of time woman.

"Stop it!" She said in a squeak which gave me evil sense of satisfaction.

I had recently developed the habit of teasing her with Kevin, turning her into a red hot tomato anytime I felt like.

"I hope you guys have said lovely things to each other today," I added which earned me another squeak from her.

She slowed down a few steps, putting little distance between us and her, probably so she could hide her redness better.

"Oh shut up Olly." she said, utter embarrassment is audible in her voice. She did have a wide smile she couldn't hide despite all her attempts, plastered on her face.

I let out an evil chuckle, getting even more satisfied with myself.

"Wait a minute, is it Chris, the president of our department? Or some other Christopher?" Kevin asked, looking from me to Shirley with a puzzled expression.

"Pardon? President what? Who's that?" I threw a question back at Kevin, managing to look even more puzzled than he currently was.

"Christopher Perkins?" He answered like a question, expecting me to get the gist by now, but I was still as blank as an empty page. "The student head of our department, everyone knows him," he finished, I could hear total disappointment in his voice.

Shirley sent me a look as well.

What?

I shrugged and looked away, avoiding her gaze.

"You're supposed to know him." Shirley spoke, with equal disappointment. Shaking her head from side to side, she clicked her tongue.

Oops I don't know him.

"How is it that you guys know him and I do not?" I asked, frowning at them.

"Because we're interested?" Shirley answered, putting it as a question.

"And we have the average amount of love every student of Denberg should have for the school." Kevin chorused.

I forcefully exhaled air from my mouth, creating a pfft sound. "Well I love Denberg and now I know this Christopher Perkins," I shrugged, "anyway it's not that Christopher, he's a guy in my dorm. We share a few classes together, you shall meet him." I answered. I did feel a bit ashamed of myself for not knowing the president of my department.

"Oh, you stay off campus right?" Kevin asked.

"Aye," I answered.

"In one of those expensive dorms?" He asked, giggling and wigging an eyebrow at me.

"No just the regular ones," I corrected.

"But it has a pool?"

I sighed, figuring out what he was getting at. "Yes."

"I say expensive then," he concluded with a nonchalant shrug which we all laughed at.

We walked silently now, the silence lasted for a short period of time before Shirley spoke.

"Ugh! We already have assignments due by Monday," she groaned into her palms.

I feel you.

"Tell me about it," Kevin added. With a similar groan and a hint of total fatigue audible in his voice.

Getting comfortable in Denberg was going to be quite the struggle, with Casper, Mason and God knows who else, around. Mason wasn't that much of a problem. In fact he wasn't a problem at all, I was the problem in our friendship. After everything, I still couldn't bring myself to forget how reckless he was with the note back in highschool. In spite of the fact that I was attending the same university with some atrocious individuals from my past, I had to start somewhere to familiarise with my new environment.

I had to find something that will keep me absorbed and productive. I was already thinking about joining the Poetry, Authors and Creators' Club. The name alone earned my complete interest, and I felt like I would totally fit in into the little universe of beautiful young writers and creators.

It then occured to me that I haven't even been to any of the libraries here in Denberg. 'This prestigious school must have prestigious libraries,' says my mum. In all honesty, I'm a sucker for big libraries and the colossal smell of books; both old and new, even those considered as relics.

"What do you guys think about going to the library today to start with our research project." I suggested visiting the library to the guys, expecting positive responses.

"That's actually a fantastic idea" Shirley supported chirpily, clapping.

My brows knit into a frown, "actually?"

"Yeah it is, congratulations Olly." Kevin spoke, totally ignoring my fake annoyance to Shirley's choice of words.

I tutted at them, dismissing their tease. "I know it's the best idea any of us have come up with today," I said with a smug look, earning a groan and facepalm from them before I continued. "It'll be like killing two birds with one stone; we get to see the library for the first time, together, and we also get to work on our research projects. Oh, and maybe I'll charge my phone," I added the last part after a short pause.

"That's killing three birds with one stone." Kevin calculated, faking a frown.

"Well then let's make it four birds, I'll charge my phone as well," Shirley chimed, giggling softly.

We made our way to the library closest to the student's reach, well by students I mean those who stay on campus. It was closer to the dorms on campus and situated behind the nuclear energy building. There were over eight libraries in Denberg. Four out of these eight were E-libraries, at least that's what they are called here in Denberg.

On getting there, the librarian was a somewhat old lady on large coke bottle glasses. Shirley did the talking while Kevin and I just listened, she was really sweet and kind to let us in even though we didn't have our library cards with us, since it was our first time. She did inform us that we can't check out a book without our cards so no check outs for us today. She had an accent, a Swedish accent which made it enjoyable to listen to her speak.

Being in Tadelia all my life has made me a sucker for foreign accents, I adore them since almost everyone here sound the same. In Jega at least, haven't spent much time in other states.

We spent a maximum of two hours in the library, to my surprise we did achieve a lot. I was thinking we'd keep whispering loudly and maybe get chased out since we didn't even have our library cards with us, but after the first ten minutes of stifled laughter and giggles we concentrated on the large leaves of knowledge placed in front of us. I'd already worked halfway through with my research on asteroids and meteorites, typing my report into my laptop.

We were out of the library around 3:30pm. Kevin kept bugging us about how much he missed beef burgers, so we grabbed a late lunch of beef burgers and smoothies. Instead of the smoothies Shirley and Kevin both ordered, I had a chocolate shake and I also ordered a side of chips with my burger. I had no intentions of eating actual dinner after this, just lots of chocolates, so I had to get enough into my stomach.

I had absolutely no idea why I thought Kevin was a vegetarian, but apparently I was proven wrong. It was one of my childish stereotypes which I really needed to get rid of; anyone who peddles immense self love and good health is an earth lover. This automatically makes them dedicated vegetarians and supporters of the movement against global warming.

Of course I didn't tell him my assumptions about his choice of diet, he'd hate me.

***

I took a quick shower when I got back to my room. I wasn't as fatigued as I usually was each time I got back from school so I resumed researching on the topics I was given. Spending more time than I imagined I would on my work, typing and taking side notes for future references, I was truly engrossed in its fascination. I loved the course I was studying in its entirety, the only thing I had to worry about was picking a major from the course in my third year or earlier. I just hope I make the right choice.

Despite my genuine interest in the work I was doing, I eventually got tired of reading about things outside my planet. Rolling over, laying on my back and saving my progress, I thought about what next to do and by default 'calling Jess' just came to my mind.

I called her over three times on Skype but there was no response from her. For some reason that made me happy. She was always around her gadgets and mobile devices, so her not picking up simply meant she was finally busy doing reasonable things other than nail polishing, face scrubbing and texting with cute hot guys.

Yadiri must be in Jega by now. According to Jess she was meant to arrive by last week Saturday, so I assumed they'd be spending time together, shopping and doing other girl stuff, preparing to resume schooling in the university.

I was currently just laying on my back, scrolling through my Instagram feeds when a text came in.

I glanced at the notification just before it disappeared, it was a text from Mason. I opened it, with an unconscious feeling of perkiness rising within me.

Mason
Hey Olly, how was your day?

He wants to talk? Wow, he's probably still interested in a friendship with me.

Honestly the fact that Mason still felt like keeping in touch, after everything that happened in secondary school, managed to both scare me and make happy at the same time. I might've overreacted after everything went down, but with Casper and his goons on my tail I couldn't even think straight at the time. Jess truly wasn't being of any assistance to me either, she couldn't see from my perspective. I put these thoughts, which were growing stronger like waves on a turbulent sea, behind me and brought myself to reply.

Me
It was great, how was yours?

I replied. It delivered and he both read and replied that instant.

Mason
It was basic.

If not rubbish.

I chuckled, Mason had a nice sense of humour. He also had a funny way of explaining and talking about things, just watching him express irritation at the slightest of incidents was more than satisfactory.

Me
Oops, sorry about it being a BASIC RUBBISH then.

I replied, with a wide grin spread across my face.

Mason
Thanks.

He sent with a red heart emoji.

His side of the chat still had _typing_ written on it, so I waited for him to finish before I respond.

Mason
I want to see you.

I blinked once, twice, then a couple more times. Reading and rereading that more than once to properly understand. Maybe I was seeing wrongly, but it looked exactly the same after several attempts of trying to read it as something else in my head.

Me
Pardon?

I replied, gulping.

Mason
Sorry don't misinterpret me, I want to see you. Like in person.

I sighed, releasing the weight on my chest.

Jesus I thought it was his own way of saying 'send nudes.'

Me
Sure me too.

I replied with a smiling emoji, showing more enthusiasm than I actually felt.

I did want to see Mason, but I was double minded about it. Hell I've been double minded about everything Mason related lately. I was frightened by the emotions this little meeting of ours might resurrect and the very aftermath.

Mason
Saturday? How's Saturday for u?

You?*

He corrected which made me smile. I discarded shortening of words way back in form four because I wanted to improve my spelling. It pleased me that Mason felt he had to be at his best around me, and it also made me uncomfortable because this meant he still had little feelings for me.

I took a few seconds to go over my schedule in my head, finally concluding before I replied. It wasn't even much of a ponder, I already knew it was as empty as ever.

Me
It's free.

Empty.

Saturday is fine, I've Nichts.

I added trying to sound funny saying Nichts, which meant 'nothing' in German. I knew it was an epic fail, but Mason laughed anyway. I suppose he did because he sent a laughing emoji, which made me even more ashamed than I already was.

He's laughing at my dry jokes too.

Mason
Great! We'll do lunch.

I'll pick you up, let's say 12:30?

Puzzled, I replied.

Me
Pick me up?

Mason
Yeah, my dad got me a Chevrolet equinox once I gained admission into Denberg.

I gawked at the text like a monkey in Banana Republic.

Bloody hell, Mason has a car now too?! Mummy get me a car I feel so wronged and left out!

Me
12:30 is fine.

I replied sounding so calm after my little rampage.

Just as always his reply came in an instant.

Mason
Amazing! So where do you stay? I mean I know you stay in an off campus dorm but I don't know which one.

I contemplated telling him where I stayed but my inner rationale was screaming at me not to, at least not yet. So I settled with that. I wasn't ready to question myself as to why I felt this way, I would sooner or later, but now was not the time. I was already taking so much time to reply, I didn't want him to think I was actively hesitating to tell him where I stay.

Me
How about I just meet you at whichever restaurant you choose?

I politely suggested, finally bringing myself to reply.

Mason

Okay then, no squeeze. I'll text you the name of the place, it shouldn't be too far you can take a taxi.

Me
Thanks.

I replied. After waiting for a minute or two and there was no reply from him, I dropped my number so he could send me the address whenever.

I spent the rest of the night catching up on animé series, I was surprisingly so backward in most of my shows, I felt utter shock when the season finale of a certain animé I used to follow back to back had already dropped.

Thank the heavens I didn't come across any spoilers.

There was only one entity to be blamed for this; school.

I brushed my teeth and changed into something warmer and cozier, getting ready for bed. I checked my phone, with my expectations very high. I tried to convince myself that I was expecting something different, not what I feared I was surely expecting; a text from Mason.

I feigned surprise when I realised I'd received a new text from an unsaved number. I opened it reading the words carefully.

Ledbury Basque lounge and eatery, it's behind the arcade in the next town. Finally I've your new number, now we can talk more. Goodnight x.

-Mason Chafer.

I involuntarily smiled at the text, I also couldn't stop myself from reading it more than once. I highlighted the thread and added it to my favourites so I don't forget. Finally tearing my eyes away from his text message, I saved the number under his name.

Turning off my screen, I placed my phone on my bedside table. Rolling and stretching to the other side of the bed, I found a comfortable position and willingly let myself be carried away by the soothing, comforting darkness of a good night's sleep.

_
I hope you enjoyed.

Please
Vote | Comment | and stay happy!

Till next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 7.8K 12
[COMPLETED] For seven years, Monty has lived across the street from Grayson Rogers. In all those years, they've only talked a handful of times. There...
2.4K 110 9
🎸 ༻꧂--- ❝ i'm just happy getting you stuck in between my teeth and there's nothing i can do about it ❞ in which : lead singer '𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐮...
116K 4.9K 75
(This is the edited version of my book Bad Boy Knows My Secret) Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he'...
594K 17.3K 30
"As I passed the silent group, a particularly attractive looking guy caught my eye in said group. He had beautiful platinum blonde hair in a more-on...