Can't Stay Tranquil (BoyxBoy)✓

By DrillBurger

Put someone who is too good for you beside someone you want but can never have, spice things up with a relent... More

An Author's heartfelt note
Meet The Characters!
Prologue - Can't Stay Tranquil
01: New Friends
02: Alex SpongeBob
03: Ugly Shadows
04: Casper Stenchrow
05: Just, don't be gay
06: New roommate
07: Chocolates for You
08: Scramble Vs PS4
09: A Mason in Denberg
10: Easy one to talk to
12: A Visit to Mako's pt. 2
13: Chafer's Request
14: Fear, Tears, Sadness and Safety
15: Watchful eyes
16: Reunion
17: Acceptance
18: Young Lovers
19: Lip gloss!
20: Under Starry Skies
21: You're in my Head
22: Party at The ER pt. 1 - Casper
23: Party at The ER pt. 2 - Tarek
24: Party at The ER pt. 3 - Blackout
25: The Note
26: What Is This Fuckery?
27: A Friend In Me
28: Classy and Fancy
29: A Calming Effect
Denberg Extravaganza✨(Bonus)
30: Matriculation Ceremony
31: A Tipsy Kiss
32: Ramifications
33: Bleeding and Falling Apart
34: Needing Him
35: Deceiving Him
36: An Incubus and Dead Brain Cells
37: Spin a Two-way Challenge
38: Out and Proud
39: Finding My Rainbow
40: 6 Feet 11 Inches Under
41: Coming Out
42: A Birthday Sleepover - Pink-White
43: A Birthday Makeover - Bloom
44: A Birthday Surprise - An Empty Jar
45: A Pansexual Spouse (Khalid)
46: From Grey to Turquoise
47: Breaking Him
48: Lighthouse Goes to Church
49: Burgeoning Colours
50: The Diner; where memories were made
51: Everything Goes Wrong
52: Breathe
53: I Love You Too (Finale)
Update!

11: A Visit to Mako's pt. 1

2.5K 163 216
By DrillBurger

Mako Pereira (^^)

Chapter 11 - A Visit to Mako's I.

Oliver

I walked out of my dorm, inhaling sharply as I stepped out into the lonely, quiet street. I brought out my phone and checked the location that Mako sent me, it was an eight minutes walk and a three minutes drive right from where I stood which was just steps away from the gigantic black gate.

Oh gee, I wish I could drive my legs to walk then it would take me only three minutes to get there.

I sighed again, not because I was tired or uninterested to go, heck I was excited and juiced up. That doesn't sound exactly right but it best explains how I'm feeling about this visit. Mako was the first person to invite me to anywhere at all since I entered the university, and he's been really kind and friendly from the very beginning, there's absolutely no way I didn't expect to have a blast today.

I began walking towards the direction of the building, following the map. When I got there I checked the time, it took me only six minutes to get here by foot, I guess Google maps guessed wrong or maybe I walked incredibly fast because of how giddy I was feeling inside. I hoped it was not the latter.

Just as I thought, the building was really fancy with almost half of it covered in glistening glass. I stared at the glass front which was greatly luminiferous, transmitting the bright sun rays causing me to see rainbows on it. My eyes soon began to hurt and my vision blurred by mixed colours, it was beautiful while it lasted.

I walked into the building, making my way to the elevator, pushing the button for the tenth floor where Mako said his flat was on. When I got off the elevator I checked my phone again to be sure of the exact flat number as I walked down the hallway, I couldn't risk knocking on the wrong door. I could be greeted by a rapist or worse, a pastor. But then pastors and rapists can't afford to live in a place like this so.

I got the number, repeating it in my head I was currently standing in front of the door boldly bearing the number Mako sent to me on it. Despite seeing everything clearly, I double checked to be sure it was the room with the exact number I was sent. Maybe I was still blurry or rainbow eyed.

I took deep breaths, running my finger through my hair, arranging the curls to my best fitting. I checked my breath, it was minty and fresh, I immediately cautioned myself when I realized what I'd done. I wasn't planning to kiss anyone.

And you don't want to have bad breath either genius.

I rolled my eyes at myself, calming down before ringing the doorbell. I was about to ring it the second time when the door swung open, revealing an elegant Mako in a white crop like top and high waist blue jeans.

He smiled widely when his eyes met mine and I returned the smile as well, but I furrowed my brows unintentionally as I scanned his attire. He did look beautiful, almost perfect in what he had on but the choice of clothing confused me a bit. I didn't know boys could put this on and most of all, I didn't know boys could dress up like this and still look so stunning.

"Olly!" He said my name with excitement in his voice as he pulled me closer in a warm embrace.

He smelt soft, really soft and welcoming just like home cooking and maybe body spray? Like Vanilla perfumed body mist?

Wow, how is that?

"You made it." Breaking the hug, he ushered me inside.

I walked in slowly behind him, awestricken by his getup. I hadn't noticed that I'd been staring at him with a confused look on my face till he spoke up getting my attention.

"You like?" He said gesturing to himself.

I nodded, tearing my eyes away from his little belly button that was visible from the tiny opening the crop top and high waist jeans failed to cover. He had a really flat beautiful stomach that's for sure.

I hummed and nodded again, "uh huh, it's really nice. I mean I've not seen any guy wear this and look as beautiful as you look right now" I complimented, voicing my thoughts. I was being honest, it was an ingenious attire.

He bowed formally with a smile on his face. "Thank you, I like to dress like this when I'm at home, makes me feel powerful" he said as he spun around and strutted a little which made me giggle. "My friend is totally comfortable with it and so am I, I hope you don-"

I cut him off even before he could finish "No no no, bloody no. How can I even not feel relaxed around you, matter of fact I should be grateful to you for having me around" I finished with a nervous laugh, as my face started to heat up a little.

He had the most tempting beautiful smile on his face as he replied "well thank you, I should be grateful as well for coming to see me. So we're both equally grateful to each other" he said spreading his hands apart, as he began to walk towards where I presumed to be the kitchen.

I let out the nervous breath I'd been holding in my chest as a silent heave, then I sent my attention to my surroundings, admiring the flat.

The walls were covered in immaculate white, it was so bright and clean like they've never seen any other colours. There was an expensive looking plasma television, which I'm sure was way bigger than the thirty-two inches I had in mind, hung up on the wall at the end of the living room, surrounded by three sofas with soft looking pillows which made the TV the centre of attraction in the room.

I walked towards the glass slide doors which led to a balcony, the view was marvellous. You could see all types of nice flowers, the quiet lonely street, the green fields and tall trees. Sky scrapers and really tall buildings were also visible at a distance, I assumed that must be another city.

I walked around the living room, because that's where I restricted my movements to, touching and feeling along the way. I imagined how expensive it would be to pay for all of this.

"Here, this place, really has a bourgeois touch to it" I said gesturing around the room before pointing at the television and sending him a look.

I felt shy when I caught the grin he had on his face, he'd been watching me silently as I took in the view of the place, waiting for me to speak. He chuckled at what I finally said.

"Yeah well, it's not mine. I told you I'm staying with a friend right?" He stated, walking back towards the direction of kitchen motioning for me to follow.

There was a dinning table close to the kitchen, with just four chairs around it. It was neatly arranged with fruits displayed in a small bowl in the middle of the table.

"Help yourself to an apple?" He offered pointing at the fruit bowl.

I looked up and shook my head "no no I was just admiring the..."

He cut me off "yeah I know just take an apple okay?" He offered again with a smile.

I smiled back as I walked over to the table and took an apple, I cleaned it with the neat table cloth before sitting down on one of the chairs. Taking a bite out of the apple.

God, it's been so long since I ate one.

"I made pancakes, hope you're hungry" he asked looking back at me, before bringing out two plates from a cupboard, placing pancakes on each of them.

"Your friend seems... Wealthy" I replied with the wrong answer as I watched him work and move about in the kitchen, he looked... Gracious if I must say. And just like always I felt completely chill around him as I took yet another bite from my apple.

"Not wealthy, just comfortable. We're - h-he's living comfortably" he replied with a tensed chuckle.

I didn't even get why he felt tensed, because he made a mistake and corrected himself?

"So pancakes?" He asked again, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, sure sure, I'll have whatever you give me" I smiled toothily at him after I'd swallowed what I had in my mouth.

He hummed "mhmm, I'm not very sure about that" he replied with a wink as he walked over to the dining table where I sat, placing two plates in front of me.

He rubbed his palms vigorously against each other, sighing audibly "I made them just before you came, what do you think?" He said looking at the two plates with pride in his eyes.

I nodded, inhaling the scent of the food. No wonder he smelt like home cooking, it was the pancakes and honestly they looked nice so I assumed they'd also taste nice.

"You like, huh," he continued, winking at me. I could hear how proud he was of himself in his voice, and I could also tell he tried his best to make them this nice. To please me? Maybe.

He walked back to the kitchen, opening another cupboard "Honey or maple syrup?" He asked bringing out two bottles, one of each.

"Honey," I answered, smiling at him.

He widened his eyes in shock, making an 'O' shape with his mouth.

"Or whipped cream?" He suggested, dropping the bottles on the table as he made his way back to the kitchen to get whipped cream.

"Nope, still honey," I stated firmly.

He stopped his search, turning back and looking at me with astonishment. His mouth was slightly gaping open, exposing his white upper teeth. He walked back to the table and sat beside me, handing the honey to me.

I hummed tastily, signaling how pleased I was. Honey made pancakes taste fifty times better and I was totally cool with that. I didn't want to try something new and get disappointed, I guess I either had neophobia or SED. I had absolutely no reason to have a selective eating disorder though.

I squeezed the bottle, dropping honey all over my pancakes while licking my bottom lips. Mako laughed as he watched me have fun with his honey, I stopped after sometime. I did not add too much honey because I wasn't wasteful and the honey wasn't even mine, I like to hold on to my home training.

I started eating after cutting a chewable size with my cutlery, it was indeed nice, really it was. They weren't burnt or unappetizingly dry and the honey blended so well with it, making them taste ten times better. I hummed after taking another chunk with my fork, nodding my head in approval.

"Okay this is really nice, I don't think I can make pancakes this good" I reviewed, admitting to myself after taking a third one, I'd eaten it halfway already now.

As though he was waiting for my review he then started eating.

"I know, right?" He replied after he finished chewing, tipping his head and making a proud face. "I'm a good cook, you should come around often, I'll feed you" he spoke, wiggling his brows at me.

I nudged his arm, planting a smirk on my face. "Don't get a swollen head, I was just being nice, I can make better pancakes." I spoke firmly, narrowing my eyes at him.

No you can't, you burnt the last roast chicken you made.

I blinked continuously totally surprised at myself for attacking myself, I blinked again to get my self doubt out of my head.

"Yeah, you can try" he teased while eating, maintaining a blank expression.

I gasped, feigning shock, holding my chest with my free hand, the other one had a bit of honey on it and it held my fork "it's on, I'm going to feed you next and you'll see." I spoke pointing at him with my fork for added emphasis.

"Sure, I'll keep my doctor on speed dial just incase I get food poisoning" he said with a shrug, looking at me with the side of his eyes.

I gasped again, loudly this time, facing him fully paying no attention to my food anymore. "Oh you're gonna take that back" I shook my head squinting my eyes at him to look threatening which definitely didn't work.

"Till then," he chuckled, pouting at me with his eyes closed.

Consummately unaware of what came over me, I found myself picking up the second untouched pancake in my plate and snacking his mouth with it, spilling honey all over his face, some of which also splashed on the table.

He yelped moving backwards, "oh you're gonna lick this off my face," he threatened with goggled eyes.

"Make me," I replied, pouting in a similar manner, my eyes closed.

I soon felt a warm pancake hit my face, as he purposely made sure to get a good amount of maple syrup on me.

Did he just smack me with his own pancake? The audacity?!

I shrieked in a way that wasn't so manly, opening my eyes only to catch him holding up his pancake, wiggling his brows at me as if asking me; so what's up, you still wanna go? He dropped his pancake when I raised my hands up in surrender as we both bust into a fit of laughter. Mako was ready to go all the way, I could see it in his eyes and I wasn't, this wasn't my flat and moreover it was too clean to carry out a food fight here.

I reached for the serviette on the table wiping my hand a bit before handing him the whole pack to wipe his, as I proceeded to clean my face.

"I'm not going to indulge in a food fight with you. Not here at least, I can't stain these white walls," I stated as I cleaned my cheek. It was almost everywhere and it was sticky. I reached out and grabbed another piece, "Also not until you see how much of a good cook I am," I finished cleaning my face and returned to eating.

We were still laughing but I'd gotten mine under control because I felt ashamed for chickening out, Mako on the other hand couldn't stop laughing. I bet he could see through my lies. I wasn't such a bad cook though, I was a bit decent in matters pertaining to the kitchen, and my knowledge of cooking was well above average.

I hope.

"Yeah right, I really cannot wait to be fed by you," he replied sarcastically with that mocking laughter.

Oh it hurts.

We'd finished eating, I offered to help Mako do the dishes but he chased me out of the kitchen, placing both of our plates into the dish washer. They apparently had almost everything here in this flat with ample space.

I soon felt the need to relieve myself, Mako directed me to the bathroom in the visitors room which was opposite the hallway that led to the master bedrooms, I suppose. Despite being small everything fit so perfectly in an organised manner.

Apparently the flat had three rooms, one of which was reserved specifically for visitors. Aside from the six spring bed and the wooden wardrobe that rested by the wall, the room was basically empty. I took my time using the convenience, I did not feel the urge to do a poo and I was happy I didn't. I couldn't risk going all the way, I was a visitor and I've heard really awful stories about these kind of things.

Sorry but that's not going to be the case today.

I washed my hands and arranged myself in front of the mirror after I'd finished. I was always self-conscious about the way I looked, Jess always teased me and talked about how it was one out of my many gay or bisexual tendencies. I always brushed it off because I didn't agree with her on that.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy trying to look his best, even if it's to other guys. Right?

I returned to the living room, Mako was sitting very comfortably on one of the sofas, a pillow in between his legs which were crisscrossed under him, his attention utterly planted in his phone. I gently bounced into the same sofa, sitting beside him taking a small peek at his phone. I couldn't really make out what I saw.

"You're back" he just said, without sparing me a glance he clearly did not want to tear his eyes away from his phone.

"Yeah I am, I wasn't planning on spending the whole day there" I joked which made him scoff.

I took out my phone from my pocket and checked the time, it was 3:48pm. I still have a lot of time to spend here with Mako, but it was getting a bit boring since he was on his phone and wasn't paying attention to me anymore.

Maybe something is wrong?

I could spend the rest of my time here just sitting and staring, I felt really relaxed. I couldn't tell if the reason behind my profound snugness was Mako or the incredibly clean house. Mako being so dedicated to whatever he was doing on his phone didn't upset me, it just kind of breached our conversation but I totally understood.

It's the 21st century anyway, phones and devices are taking over.

I did want to find out what he was reading or seeing because he wasn't typing, so I was certain he wasn't texting. He was either reading a very long text or proofreading his own very long text message.

"You're busy on your phone?" I asked, pointing at his phone, making his look up at me. "You seem so engrossed in whatever it is" I stated out.

He chuckled, freeing his legs from under him and changing his position to get more comfortable on the arm rest, holding himself up with the pillow.

"Well yeah, I'm reading quite an interesting book. It's captivating" he replied, taking his attention back to his phone.

I was astonished to say the least. My curiousity rising, I wanted to know more, I voiced my surprise.

"You read?" I asked arching my brow at him, once again taking his attention away from his phone.

He dropped his hands down on his lap and furrowed his brows at me, "yeah why? Have you been stereotyping me?" He asked sternly, narrowing his eyes at me.

I raised my hands up in surrender as I let out a laugh.

"Easy there mate, I'm not prejudiced. At least not this lot" I said the last part with a shrug which made his face loosen up as he chuckled at that. I brought my hands down and then continued, "I just didn't take you for a reader, so seeing you being so absorbed in a book is quite the revelation" I finished, leaning in playfully to get a good look at the book.

He pushed me away playfully which made me pout at him, before he spoke up.

"I enjoy reading books with plots that allure me, I do have specific genres though" he replied giggling, holding up his phone to his face once again.

He scooted closer so I could join him now, I leaned in, my head on shoulders. It did not make me feel excited around my groin or hot in the face. I just felt so comfortable being around Mako, he felt like a male version of Jessica to me.

"I see, so what's the title of this book?" I asked skimming through the words. I wasn't with my glasses so I didn't bother reading I would only be wasting my time and hurting my eyes.

I scooted backwards, keeping the same distance that was previously between us.

"Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda" he answered vaguely, still reading on his phone.

I was beyond shocked, unable to control my mouth "Huh, pardon?" I muttered, blinking rapidly and continuously to clear my vision and maybe my head.

Did I hear him right?

"By whom please? I m-me-mean t-the au-author" I found myself stammering through that as my mouth ran dry.

He clicked his screen twice before sliding down on it to get the name, "It's a Novel by Becky Albertalli, beautiful name if I must say" he answered with a large smile on his face. He turned to me and met my goggled eyes and gaping mouth, rolling his eyes he continued talking.

"Yeah I know, I'm so late but I enjoyed the movie so I just bought the ebook" he tried to explain.

That was not even the point, actually that was very far from the point.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is a fucking queer book! Does he not know this?

I screamed to myself in my head, there was no way he wouldn't know it was a queer book, it was clearly stated. He even said he had watched the movie based on the novel, which I enjoyed by the way, so he definitely knew what type of book it was. Is this what he meant about not liking all genres? Maybe this is the only genre he likes to read, but that would contradict the straight image I had of him in my head.

I'd read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda way back in form four, I enjoyed it and I'd used my allowance then to buy so many other queer books I could find in any book stores around. I even used my mum's card to buy so many ebooks, she let me because I told her they were school textbooks for my advanced studying.

All these thoughts went through my head all at once, I tried my best to not say anything out of place. Heck I didn't even want to act like I knew the book, he did stare at me for a while before going back to the book. He might have been able to detect my internal unrest and connect it to my knowledge of the book, but he as well refused to further talk about the issue.

By the way reading a queer book does not determine or qualify one's sexuality, I have read lots of straight romance books and I'm not straig- not sure of my sexuality.

Yeah right.

I decided to push all these thoughts aside or preferably to the back of my mind, hopefully they don't come back.

"So which do you prefer; ebooks or paperbacks" I asked, attempting to change the topic completely.

"Anyone is fine, I just wanted this one in my phone," he looked at me and smiled, "for personal reasons" he finished with a wink.

I could feel my insides twisting and tingling, my face heating up. This was solely because Mako knew, he knew that I understood exactly what kind of book that was. My face was overcome by a blush, as I felt the heat accompany the sudden flush of colour to my face.

I was still thinking of what to say to make him think otherwise when the metal entrance and exit door opened and a really attractive young man stepped inside.

What?! that must be Mako's friend

I eyed him as he made his way into the living room, approaching us.

_
AN: Thank you so much psycholicious1 for the banner! Actually it's a reward for winning first place in the Golden awards!! That was so unexpected thank you so much for the opportunity.

We're progressing! I can't post twice a week anymore, so now I'm going to post every weekend, Saturday or Sunday just look out for a new chapter on these days. I love you all so much!

Please

Vote | Comment | Stay happy!

Till next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.1K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
810K 28.2K 99
(finished) Part 1: Highschool comes with many complications, confusion, and conflicts. It's hard to come out to people, especially if it's one of the...
116K 4.9K 75
(This is the edited version of my book Bad Boy Knows My Secret) Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he'...
24.2K 141 1
Being the son of an alleged dirty cop isn't easy. Jeff has been bullied since the first accusation was slung, and he's learned that putting on the to...