Hades

By ISteinicke

Stella, a teacher in her mid-twenties, is in a car accident which leaves her in a coma. She wakes up in the U... More

Prologue
pleasant journey
minestrone
myth vs fact
undead
globes
Persephone
Gods
bullies
the truth
unfinished business
work
trouble
wishing
thoughts
letters
letters to the truth
mood
personal business
talking
bored
plans
bedroom talk
closed doors
bedrooms
sweetheart
warmth
bedroom feelings
cake
asleep
intrusive
a million questions
answers
predicament
skin
giddiness
the letter
hiding places
trouble
delectable
gesture
feel it
angel
Macaria
too much information
apologies
left behind
leaving
thank Rhea
rosy
unrequited crush
guessing
snooping around
right direction
an accomplice
snuggling
information
shower
nightmares
throw up!
evidence
Hades' wrath
hospital bed
epilogue
Hades II

nobody's business

1.2K 46 3
By ISteinicke

Hades

Lucinda was doing the dishes, I grabbed Stella's hand and dragged her out of the kitchen with me when she had finished eating.

"It's rude! I was talking with Lucinda!" she said, shoving me away from her.

I took a step back. We stood way too close. "What have you been doing today?" I asked her, my voice low and ominous even to my own ears.

Stella crossed her arms. "I went to the attic," she said. "I read a letter from Zagreus and one from Macaria and one from Persephone, and then I went down because I heard Lucinda. How many times did you reincarnate when you children needed you?"

"None of your business," I said.

"Hades, I'm down here for a limited time. Why not just share it? I'll forget it again, as you've told me so many times."

I grabbed a gentle hold of her arms and had her crossed arms fall. "It is close to four thousand five hundred years ago. Please, rest it."

Stella raised both eyebrows. "Why?"

Anger was creeping into my system. I breathed out through my nose. "Stella," I warned.

"Hades," she warned.

"Don't snoop in my personal correspondence," I said. "It's very disrespectful."

"Don't fucking treat me like a child!" she yelled. Into my face.

I kissed her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1.7K 54
What if mythology isn't a myth? Callie Prescott has the rest of her life planned out: get into med school, become a heart surgeon, and heal the world...
150K 4.9K 36
[COMPLETED - ONLY MINORLY EDITED] ******************************************************** Greek myths - true or false? They should be false, and to...
13.8K 344 37
Isolation can be devastating. But love...can destroy everything around you. For Persephone, isolation is being kept under the suffocating gaze of h...
194K 6.3K 45
When the Goddess of Spring had successfully escaped the Underworld, The King of the Dead was determined on finding her. In order for her to start a n...