Kryptonite ;One Direction;

By willingtofall

When Christina Greenwell reconnects with childhood best friend Niall Horan, she didn't expect 4 boys to be wi... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Pilot
Chapter Two: Fabulous Six
Chapter Three: New Student Fever
Chapter Four: Settling In
Chapter Five: Unleashing The Fan Girls
Chapter Six: Formally Yours
Chapter Seven: The Morning After
Chapter Eight: Tricking Rather Than Treating
Chapter Nine: Fear Stricken
Chapter Ten: As Dawn Rises
Chapter Eleven: Awaken My Heart
Chapter Twelve: Dilemmas
Chapter Thirteen: Now What?
Chapter Fourteen: Gossip Fever
Chapter Fifteen: Attraction 101
Chapter Sixteen: Getting Down and Dirty
Chapter Seventeen: Working The Crowd
Chapter Eighteen: All The Girls
Chapter Nineteen: The First One Is The Worst One
Chapter Twenty: One-On-One
Chapter Twenty-One: Serenade Me
Chapter Twenty-Two: Working The Public
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dance Like We're On Fire
Chapter Twenty Four: Recognizable
Chapter Twenty-Five: Chances Worth Taking
Chapter Twenty-Six: Permission Needed
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Liar's Game
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Three's a Crowd
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Healing The Sick
Chapter Thirty: Not Like The Others
Chapter Thirty-One: Pleasing To The Eye
Chapter Thirty-Two: Breathless
Chapter Thirty-Three: Two Is Better Than One
Chapter Thirty-Four: I Want To Go Home
Chapter Thirty-Five; Party Of Five, Not Six
Chapter Thirty-Six: I Can't Wait Another Day
Chapter Thirty-Seven: My Reasons
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time-Bomb
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Time Lapse
Chapter Forty: A Very Merry Christmas
Chapter Forty-One: Painful Partings
Chapter Forty-Three: Sick Little Games
Chapter Forty- Four: Complications
Chapter Forty- Five: Ringing In Hell
Chapter Forty-Six: There Are Worst Things I Could Do
Chapter Forty-Seven: His Girl Friday
Chapter Forty-Eight: Big Fat Liar
Chapter Forty-Nine: Gotta Be You
Chapter Fifty: Touch Me
Chapter Fifty-One: Double Standards
Chapter Fifty-Two: All The Wrong Answers
Chapter Fifty- Three: Redemption
Chapter Fifty- Four: Hell Week
Chapter Fifty- Five: Cold Feet
Chapter Fifty- Six: Curtain Call
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Kryptonite

Chapter Forty- Two: Doppleganger

105K 1K 404
By willingtofall

It felt like time came to a stop, everything rushing past me in a big blur. Not a single bone in my body moved as I stared at the girl in front of me. Was this some sort of horrible prank? My eyes stayed glued open, shock hitting me hard, my chest hurting for some reason. She was everything I had imagined. Beautiful, breath taking, and worst of all; fucking happy-go-lucky. Her smile shining like she found the cure for cancer or managed to make a blind man see with the snap of her fingers.

Everything about her made me feel sick. I hated the way her hair fell into perfectly spun curls. A golden touch to her hair, framing her pale face perfectly. It stretched across her body, hitting her hips. Her makeup was flawless, her bright red lips pulled back to reveal snow white colored teeth. Her eyes sparkled as they landed on someone behind me. It was like she flat out ignored me in the nicest way. I suddenly wished that I had tried to make myself presentable today. Compared to her, I looked homeless in old sweats, a baggy t-shirt and my hair tossed in an messy bun that was already falling out. She looked like she belonged on the streets of New York, sporting cream colored skinny jeans, black flats, and a vibrant purple tank top paired with a black blazer.

The girl's voice floated through the air, calling for the boy I had grown so fond of. I felt my body being moved to the side, making room for the curly haired boy. The feeling of my heart being squeezed, shattered, and kicked happened all at once as his lips bent down to her's. It took all I had not to burst out into tears, tears I didn't even know I really had. When their kiss lasted for longer than ten seconds, I turned away, heading back to the couch Niall was on. His eyes followed me, a sad smile on his lips as he patted the seat next to him. 

Finally, the disgusting couple pulled away. Envy and hatred filled my veins as she turned to me, her arms clinging to Harry as she smiled. "You must be Chris. I'm Elizabeth. It's so good to finally meet the person Harry has been talking about non-stop! He says your just like one of the guys. Thank you so much for doing me a huge favor and being my public figure. It means a lot to me... Hi Zayn!" She carried on, not giving me an inch of space to talk. My eyes drifted to Harry, who was watching me closely. I casted my gaze downwards quickly, not wanting to look at him. Just one of the boys, huh? I'll show you one of the boys.

As Elizabeth's voice became shrilly from seeing Louis and launching herself onto him, I had enough of it. I stood up quickly, walking over to the coat hanger and grabbing the first coat I found. "Where do you think you're going?" A voice rattled, causing my heart to jump. I spun around, face to face with Liam. I sent him a weak smile before he nodded. "A walk, I presume?"

"You've guessed right."

"Let's go then," Liam smiled graciously at me. "We'll be back! Going out for a little walk."

"Can I come?" Niall stood up quickly, rushing to grab his own coat.

Harry only looked at me for a split second, his attention towards Elizabeth as she looked at us. "I just got here and you guys are already leaving... Tell us when you get back! I want to know what all I missed!" She giggled as Harry pulled on her sleeve, taking her to his bedroom.

Slut.

I frowned at their retreating figures, twisting on my heel and walking out the door. A confused Niall and sympathetic Liam followed me quickly, neither saying a word but sending me looks. Once outside, where the sun was setting, we all slowly paced down the street. "I hate her already," I wrinkled my nose.

"She's not that bad once you get to know her," Liam put his hands in his pockets, a small pout on his lips. Leave it to Daddy Direction to say something nice about the girl you're supposed to be bashing on.

"She can be pretty bad," Niall started off, but quickly changed his course of thought with a look from Liam. "I mean- just because any girl- any couple can be extremely annoying. Sure, I loved watching Harry and you be all cute Christmas, but every time you two disappeared I could finally breath. But Elizabeth is pretty cool once you get to know her."

"I don't want to get to know her."

"You're just being jealous."

"No, she's being stubborn," Niall corrected Liam, his eyes pouring into mine. "And I understand. I don't think it's fair to you that Harry just dropped you like a hot plate. I'm sorry baby, but it's true." And leave it to Niall to not dance around my feelings.

"Maybe not stubborn but she's letting her heated emotions and prejudice get in the way of a nice action like befriending-" Liam's speech got cut off by Niall.

"She had the right to be a little upset and uneasy around a girl she just met, who both love the same boy-"

"That's it! You two fight worse than Abigail and her sister!" I stepped in, sending them harsh glares. The word Abigail made Niall blush, making my expression falter the tiniest bit. "I'm fine, really," but I wasn't. "I'm sure she is a nice girl," I looked at Liam, cocking an eyebrow at him as if to make sure what I said was okay. He nodded with his own smile as I continued, "but I'm really in no mood to deal with her today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the day after that. But certainly, you, and she can understand that I don't want to become buddy buddy with someone who showed up out of the blue."

"Do you think she knows how you feel about Harry?" Liam said after small lull. His question sent my thoughts everywhere. What is she did think it? Would she try to sabotage Harry's feelings for me? What is she knew how I felt about Harry? There was no hope in being able to  convince someone that I didn't have feelings for Harry. Just his name could bring a smile to my face. My knees buckled every time I thought about him and our few kisses. But each kiss was special, passionate, and something beautiful... What if Harry didn't agree? What if Harry was actually sick and tired of me and that's why he called Elizabeth down here? Is this his way of saying I needed to go away? Screw publicity- I was a burden.

As if sensing my bad thoughts and dwindling good mood, Niall nudged me softly. "Hey now," he cooed. "We're still going to live this last week of December like we're dying. We're going to have so much fun! And to think, we have so much time together until your mom comes back. And then we have rehearsals, and after that, after this nice long break, we finally have school to go back to. Just relax, and don't let anything get to you, babe." Niall smiled at me, and I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around him in an old Niall-Style-Bone-Crushing-Hug. I refrained, reminding myself we were in public eye, where rumors circulated like wild fire and people would get the wrong idea if they saw me hugging Niall with Harry no where in site, despite the fact that Liam was right there. 

~

I had spent the rest of the night unsually quiet. Zayn caught my gaze once, a confused look on his face. I just shook my head, mentally telling him not to bother. Niall had gone out and picked us up some burgers. Harry had ran into the room, grabbed the bag from him and Elizabeth, and rushed back into his own room. The two were confided and quiet in there, but I could hear her giggle ring through the hotel at times. Liam kept a watchful eye on me as Niall tried to get me to laugh at each chance he got. 

As the hours peeked into the morning, I fake yawned, subtly kicking them out of their own living room. "Are you sure you don't want to sleep with one of us? We have a ton of room in each bed," Niall offered weakly as he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I just sighed quietly, shaking my head as he bidded me a goodnight. Next was Zayn, kissing my temple and quietly saying we'd talk tomorrow. Liam took my hand in his, giving it a soft squeeze. Just when I thought I was alone in the dark living room, a figure kneeled down next to me, their face level with mine.

"Baby," his soft voice cooed. "I know you're really confused but trust me, Haz will figure something out." Louis leaned over and kissed my forehead, his lips lingering. He pulled away with a small smile, "Harry knows what he is doing is wrong. But just give him time and don't give up. Whatever you do."

"Will do, boo-bear," my voice shook as I closed my eyes, turning around and letting him know I was done speaking. His laughter filled the room before he whispered goodnight and left me alone. 

I felt my body slowly drifting away from reality, into a dream like state. Sleep welcomed me, it's arms out to greet me. Before I could running into them, a door opened, causing my eyes to snap open. I nudged myself up using my elbows to see Harry slipping out of his doorway in nothing but boxers. My eyes feasted hungrily on his body before the heart ache set in. The beautiful body was covered in lipstick and marks, bite marks, I think. By the time I was done checking him out and ready to hide under the covers, he had stopped dead in his tracks, eyes narrowing on me. 

Slowly, painfully slow, he walked to the kitchen. I heard him rustling around in there before what sounded like a refridgerator door closed, and he was walking back into the living room with food in his hand. I watched silently as he didn't even look over his shoulder at me, slipping back into his room.

His room. With her. I never felt more betrayed. I thought we had something... special. I guess I was just a filler until the real deal came along and made him happy. Who was I to think that Harry Styles could actually like a normal, plain, ugly girl like me? Sure, I made him laugh, but in a best friend way. He didn't smile at me because I radiated beauty like her. For all he really understood, I was one of the boys to him.

I'll show you one of the boys.

------------------

A/N: I got my computer baaaaack (: and I hope everyone has a great spring break! I for one am going to enjoy this break to the best of my ability. I'm so busy with work, school, and my theater UIL one act is coming up in a week and a half! AGHHHH! But in April, I should be posting more! Now that my beautiful laptop has been fixed I can connect with all y'all again. Thank you so much for sticking with my story through thick and thin. All I can ask is that you keep with it. I love you all so much. Thank you for the 2 million views and 2k fans. Love each and everyone of you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 1 15
In "Harry Imagines" we met a girl named Maya, Harry's childhood girl friend. Harry wants to take his next step, to go out with him and ask her to be...
108K 3.4K 27
Christina Greenwell's entire world had turned upside down the day five certain boys walked into her life. Her life spun yet again the day they walked...
3.6K 71 38
Sometimes love just sneaks up on you and sometimes it's for the best. Sometimes though things go horribly wrong and you don't know which way to turn...
178K 1.6K 35
Like any serious love stories, most end in happiness. El thought she was in love. She had the perfect life: She was dating Harry Styles, from the fa...