♡Wolf x Red Riding Hood♡(Edit...

By Kishize

The story "red riding hood". A childhood classic where the wolf attacks little red riding hood and the huntsm... More

Authors' Note
<Butterfly fly fly to you>
<You Can't Interact>
<I'm not worthy>
<To see you again>
<We meet once again>
<You don't remember me>
<I like him>
<Bookshelf>
<Dreams>
<Revelations>
<Where are you>
<Out of the oridinary>
<Soup>
<Confession>
<Arising>
<Knock Knock>
<Why>
Christmas Special: <Magic>
<Asphiyxia>
<Isolated>
<Roar>
Valentine's special:<Under the stars>
<Goodbye>
<Sakura Bloom>
<Apology Accepted>
<Who>
<Beast>
<Minako-obasan>
<I will>
<Annoying>
<Migraine>
<Sports Festival>
<Seal>
<Cultural Preparations>
<Jealous>
<Cider>
<Cultural festival Part 1>
Halloween Special:<The Woods>
<Closure>
<Epilogue>

<Cultural festival Part 2>

12 2 0
By Kishize

Ōkami's POV
Running, running. I was always running. Physically running, hoping it would help me get away from my problems. I knew it, but I would not admit. I was trying to run away from all my problems, all the time. But they always managed to chase and hunt me down. Who really was the prey here?

Akazuki's POV
What was that? The scene which took place before my eyes kept swirling in my head. His words and my questions all taunting me. Did Ōkami's words mean that he liked me back...or was it just some twisted joke? I knew it could not have been a twisted joke because, he was a really nice guy. He would not play with the feelings of a girl. But he did not reject me or accept me. Were his words ones of acceptance to my confession? Or were they a confession? I could not understand, my mind felt like it was in a mess. After he had uttered his last few words he had stared back at me for a while more. Our gazes held, but our minds far away. That was before he sped off once more. I felt dazed, still staring at the white walls. That was until I felt a buzz in my pocket. Ah, it was my phone. Carefully I reached my hand in to get it, turning it for the screen to face me.

Hana🌸: Hey hey where did you lovebirds head to? The cafe's gettin busy so come on back!

Ah it was from Hana. Of course people would be wondering where we had gone. I did not realise how much time has passed since we left the classroom. Then slipping my phone back into my pocket, I begin to make my way back to the classroom.

Third person's POV
Walking down the crowded hallways, people seemed to stop her here and there. Her glum expression not throwing them off her pretty doll-like face. Every time they stopped her to ask anything, she would smile sweetly. Giving off an exterior which was unlike her interior. She was so confused and slightly hurt, but she could not show that at such a cheery event. She had to be the chirpy little red riding hood which she aspired to always be.

Akazuki's POV
Finally I reached back to class, many people, mostly boys tailing me. "Hey! I brought more customers!" I shouted as I entered the cafe to continue with my duty. My classmates turned to me, their mouths hanging wide open. However they snapped out of it quickly, rushing to continue with their jobs. One of my classmates passed mee, shoving a tray into my arms. "Hurry hurry, that little show you put up has attracted many customers. That's good but it's busy as hell." She said. I nodded, and got on with waiting tables.

Karasuno's POV
Sneaking peaks out from the busy kitchen I could see Akazuki rushing to and fro to wait on tables, collecting their orders and serving the food and drinks. Hearing about Akazuki cosplaying had attracted many customers from neighbouring schools, old schoolmates and many others who lived around here. Even schoolmates from other classes came to the cafe during their break times. She was after all the covergirl to our booth for the poster which the school had collated of several booths to make a flyer to promote the festival. Many customers had come in and their eyes were all on Akazuki, even some girls kept looking her. My sensitive hearing picked up what they were whispering to each other. They were jealous of her beauty but also awed in admiration. Most customers came just for photos or to see her, however Akazuki had managed to convince them to each purchase at least an item.

I continued looking around trying to catch a glimpse of my brooding buddy but he was no where in sight. Where was Ōkami? It troubled me that he was once again no where to be seen. He disappeared often and usually it was not a good sign. Thank goodness my first break was coming soon. I popped back into the kitchen to pour the batter I had been stirring into its mould and put it into the oven. Then I headed over to Hana who was decorating a cake. "Hana," I said. "Hmm?" She responded, not looking away from the cake. "I'll spend my second break with you, I've got something to handle later ok?" I asked her. She nodded and shooed me off to continue with my work.

Junichiro's POV
"Your cake milady." I said with a low voice. A suave smile on my lips as I served the ladies at the table. The girls giggled uncontrollably, flattered by my act. Of course they were flattered, I was Kai Junichiro, which girl did not want me? "Akazuki! Come and collect the drinks for table six!" I heard one my classmates shout. Argh, yes there was one girl who did not want me no matter what I did.

Asumi Akazuki.

I did not understand, I did not know why. Why did she only have eyes for that blasted beast, Kozure Ōkami. What did he have that I did not possess? He ignores her too. Why would she want a man which paid her no attention over a man who would give her anything. She was always nice to everyone and she never discriminated me, despite my looks back in middle school. However after she had awoken from her coma, she is less quiet and more outgoing. It was not a bad thing but well, she still did not look my way. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts as I walked to serve the next table. There had to be a way to win over her...

Karasuno's POV
Break time! "Bye everyone, I'll be back in an hour!" I shouted cheerfully as I took my apron off and skipped out of the kitchen. Once out on the corridor, the smile on my face vanished. Time to find that coward. He may be my buddy for a lifetime, but he was still a coward that I had to deal with.

I stormed off to the gym store. This was his first spot, it always was. He could not have been on the rooftop as that was where he and Akazuki had ran to after their little performance.

Thank goodness there was no one around this part of the school right now. Most visitors were at The main building enjoying the festivity.

Banging the gym store's door it was locked. Of course it would be locked. Taking a hairpin out of my hair I begin to pick the lock. Breaking the door was not a very good idea all the time. It made classes nerve-wrecking as I never know if I would get caught or not. I had learned how to pick locks and Hana leaving her hairpins all around was useful. She like to put it in my hair too, my bright little flower.

"Click." Ah the satisfying sound of the door unlocking itself. I smiled to myself as I turned the knob, and slammed the door open. Tucked away in a corner at the far end of the room was Ōkami. His face a stoical expression, his eyes seemingly to not be in this dimension. He was staring blankly into space as tears rolled from his emotionless eyes. I let out a huff. Closing and locking the door, I headed to his side and sat down.

"So what happened this time?" I asked him. No pity or sympathy in my voice, just monotone like his expression. He turned to face me, turning back to put his head on my shoulder. I could feel his tears find their way to my once dry shoulder. I let my head lay on his too, rubbing our heads together a little, trying to comfort him. "So..."

A few long minutes later his story ended. Throughout it all I could feel was myself burning with rage. I gave out a sigh trying to cool myself, I could not shout at Ōkami no matter how stupid a move he made. I nudged his head with my shoulder, his head moving off with immediate effect. I begin to get on my knees...

Third person's POV
Karasuno turned to Ōkami and stared at him intensely. Gently he placed his palms against Ōkami's cheeks. Still confused and in pain Ōkami made no move. He sat still, allowing Karasuno whatever he wanted. Only when Karasuno's face inches closer did Ōkami begin to feel afraid. He backed himself a little. "What are yo-ah!"

Karasuno's palms came down in Ōkami's cheeks simultaneously. Slowly retracting his hands, two fingers on each side did Karasuno leave.

Karasuno's POV
"You little idiot," I begin pulling Ōkami's cheeks. "Ah-wai man't twok wike dis." Incoherent words sputtered from Ōkami's mouth making me burst out in laughter. I pinched harder making him jump in pain. "Man up you cowardly wolf! If you want her claim her!" I shouted at him. His eyes grew as he stared at me, nodding slowly. "You already gave her the necklace. Now actually make her yours. If you hurt her any more than you probably have, I will not speak a word as Hana tortures you to death." Ōkami sigh and nodded. His hands grabbed mine gently...before he pulled them away from his cheeks.

"You sly bastard fox." He growled in a joking tone. The playful smirk on his face could not stop from rising. Then he pinched and pulled my cheeks as hard as he could. Ow...

(Timeskip)

Akazuki's POV
"Students the cultural festival would be ending soon. Please gather at the main square for the bonfire. I repeat, please gather at the main square for the bonfire." The announcement rang throughout the school, the voice clear and authoritative. In the end I was unable to spend any more time with Ōkami to ask him about what had happened. He had come back with Karasuno, however he only interacted with me when he needed to. Meaning he only interacted with me for the sole reason of putting on a show for the customers. I sigh, it was sad in a sense.

The class was buzzing excitedly now. The end of the gruelling day has come and we would soon all have a fun night to ourselves to celebrate the festive. Most students were already changed out of their costumes and begin to make their way down as our classroom was finished with cleaning up. I was one of the last few. Grabbing my dust bag to went into a changing room to change.

After finally putting on my uniform and tucking the rest of my dress into the dust bag, I reached my hand into the side pocket to retrieve the pins I had dropped in before changing. However as my hand felt the coolness of the slim metal pins, I could feel something else in between them. I pulled whatever the thing was and looked at it. It was a folded piece of paper. Carefully, I unfolded it to see what it was. I don't remember leaving anything but hairpins in this pocket.

'Meet me at the rooftop. 1930."

That was all the piece of paper had on it. There was no name or any other note of what it possibly was. Just a place and a time. I would go, I thought to myself. It was probably a confession from another boy. I turned up to confessions but I would turn the boy down properly. A loose hanging confession was the worst and I knew it firsthand. Folding the paper back up I slipped it into the pocket and zipped up my dust bag.

Hana waited for me outside. "What took you so long girl?" She questioned me giggling as she linked our arms and begin walking towards the door down to the main square.

I giggled as Hana and I discussed the day's events. So many funny things had happened and reminiscing them was laughable. When we got down, we could see that the logs for the bonfire has already been set up. The boys from the sports clubs were cleaning their sweat off after doing such heavy work. Some girls had gone up to them to give them water and a towel, well was it not cute. I giggled to myself, that was love. It did not matter agape, eros or philos love.  Love was still love in a way.

As we made our way nearer to the stage we could see the student president standing up high there with the vice at his side. Karasuno has come over to accompany us, but...Ōkami was no where in sight. I sigh again but turned my attention to the stage instead.

"As you've all been waiting for I shall announce..." the president begin. It was an anticipated wait for us all throughout the festival. Giving our all in hope for the few awards that we may make to bring some prizes to our class.

Our combined class cafe had won the 'most popular award'! Everyone was ecstatic, cheering enthusiastically. I turned to look up at the big clock. Ah, it was almost time. Making use of the celebrations, I begin to sneak away. Hopefully no one noticed me.

Ōkami's POV
I stood there on the roof, leaning against the railings as I stared out into the darkening night sky. The dying sunset was beautiful, but soon the night would be lit by the bright bonfire awaking its ignition. The air was cool up here as the evening breeze blew into my face.

The loneliness begin to creep up on me. Being here all alone was surprisingly comforting as I waited. Not knowing whether she would appear or not, I felt like any other filthy guy which has tried to lay their hands on her beauty.

As those thoughts ran through my head the door begin to click open. I wanted to turn but I did not want to turn either. If it was not her, but if it was her? If it were the school's janitor come up to clean I would throw myself off these railings right then and then. So slowly, I turned around. In order to face whom who had opened the door...

Akazuki's POV
In front of me, the scene of a beautiful sunset. A figure in its midst. The light was getting lesser and it was hard to make out who it was if it was just anyone. But the person who stood there was not just anyone. It was him. What did he have to tell me? It probably was not going to be a confession after all...

However, I still walked forward with a brave front. I had shown weakness in the afternoon and I could not let him know how much it hurt on the inside. I was everyone's princess or so the school says, and I will stay strong.

Ōkami's POV
I could hear the light footsteps as she walked closer to me. Her scent becoming stronger with each step. The nostalgia of this rooftop, the things that have happened here which have changed me in many ways. Finding the confidence and willpower I needed, I turned to face her.

Akazuki's POV
It was still dark, the features on his face, I could not see them as clear as I would have in the day. Even though I had a slight difficulty looking at his features, he did not seem to have a problem looking at me. His eyes were locked on me. Even in the darkness, I could make out a light gleam of sapphire from them.

Third Person's POV
The pair stood there in silence, staring intensely at each other. The atmosphere was tense. Feelings of turmoil, anxiety and anticipation resonated internally in both of them. The nervousness was inevitable, that was what silence brought with it.

Mustering the courage, Ōkami was the first to start speaking. "Asu...Asu...Akazuki. Ever since the day I met you, it was more than a decade ago. Under the apple tree, in the enchanted forest. You were the first person who did not flinch in disgust at the sight of me. Instead you befriended me. Your smile was as bright as the sunshine which peaked through the trees that day and it lifted my spirits greatly." Akazuki did not show any emotion, but she listened intently. Even though she seemed blank, her mind was full of questions and confusion. However, her heart seemed to throb with nostalgia even though she did not understand or remember a word he said.

"But you were torn from me. Twice. Despite that, I could never move on. I kept watching you. Your looks captivated me, your personality was entrancing. But your heart was the most beautiful, and..." Ōkami took in a deep breath, blowing it out with his eyes closed. Akazuki looked at him intently, awaiting the continuation of his sentence. 

"And I want to make it mine. I want your heart to only beat for me. What I'm saying is. Akazuki, I love you and would you be mine?" Ōkami let out the breath he was holding as he stared into her eyes. Akazuki stared back into his, she could not describe what she felt. It was almost as if, almost as if she felt like...In the background, the darkness lighted up. She could see Ōkami's face glowing, cheering erupted from below. His eyes were filled with sincerity, they gleamed with affection.

More lights exploded up in the sky, the loud sounds seemed so soft from where her mind was. That was it, her heart felt like it exploded like the fireworks which adorned the sky. Ōkami's words had lit her yearning for him. It had also released many forgotten memories...It all made sense now.

The reason why she was so captivated by the boy which stood right in front of her. He had always been there, he was the first one she ever fell for. And over and over again has she continued to forget and fall for him again while he got hurt every time she forgot of him, but he still stayed there in the shadows. Watching her closely despite the growing fear that his feelings would never be reciprocated.

Words did not need to be said as her arms snaked around his neck pulling him closer. Akazuki pulled Ōkami so close to herself till her lips met his. One last pop from the fireworks behind them.

As they pulled away from each other, their eyes still locked. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "It doesn't matter anymore Akazuki. You're mine for good and that's all that matters." Ōkami replied, bringing her into his embrace once more. He held her tightly but gently. He would not hurt her anymore, but he would hold onto her tightly. So tight so that she would never slip from his fingertips ever again.

Well this has been a long festival *cough cough* sorry for the really big gaps of time between each chapter, real life is a pain. Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter ^v^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 1.2K 9
Little Red Riding Hood was never so little, her granny was never so sweet, and the big, bad wolf was never so bad. A Fairytale retold Copyright © 201...
7.9K 378 15
"The moment we met, is signaling an end..." "This is cruel, our fate is cursed..." "No matter what we try, the ending won't change..." "Why are we a...
4.1K 100 22
Scarlet was your average girl, seventeen year old who has no clue about what she'll be when she grows up. But none of that matters anymore, because S...
61.3K 1.2K 43
Mommy, can you read me a bedtime story?' 'Of course, what would you like?' 'Little red riding hood.' 'Okay. Once upon a time...' Little red riding ho...