[OLD] Escaping the Friendzone...

By sleepinwitherensmom

(School AU) (Y/n) (L/n) is a very smart young lady. She always gets good marks on her quizzes and tests. She'... More

New version!
WELP
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-One

128 11 28
By sleepinwitherensmom

The next day you walk into school with your head down. "Yo! (Y/n)!" You pick up your pace when you hear your boisterous American friend calling after you. He grabs your arm and yanks you back to face him. "Jesus, what happened to your face!?" He asks, you tug your arm away from him. "Nothing. I just fell down- I ran into a door." You look away, trying to avoid eye contact.

"You sure? Those bruises don't look like-"

"(Y/n)!!!! How dare you not wait for Ludwig and I!" Gilbert shouts from the end of the hall. "Look- I have to go." You say quickly, turning around and jogging down the hall, only to collide with Antonio. "Hola- (Y/n) are you okay? What happened?" You push past him, looking for your locker.

You find it and put in your combination. You get what you need to get and go to homeroom. "Sunflower, what happened to your pretty face?" Ivan asks, a worried look spread across his face. "I'm fine I just ran into a door." You mumble, and he tsks. "Poor Sunflower, I wish I could help." He says, holding his head up with a hand on his cheek.

"You don't have to worry about me, you know." You say, Ivan sits up straight and frowns. "Of course I must worry about you! You are very special to me, (Y/n)."

"What do you mean by special?" You ask, your heart beginning to race. Ivan blinks. "You are one of the only people who did not judge me, or made me feel bad about myself. You make my day brighter by being here." He pauses. "I think the American term would be "Best Friend," correct?"

A small smile tugs at your lips. "Aw Ivan, that's really sweet. And yeah, that's the right term." You let out a breath as the bell rings. "I'll see you in art." You say, collecting your things and walking out of the classroom.

You pretended not to hear their whispers.

See their stares.

You wished you could become invisible.

Nobody knows what happened exactly.

Except for Natalia. Ludwig and Lovino had a few guesses but nothing solid or concrete. And you were not going to tell anyone about it.

You walk into your algebra class, only to stop when you notice all the desks were pushed together into groups of four. Your teacher walked over to you. "What happened to your face? Never mind- I need you to sit with Lovino and Alfred. These seating arrangements will last for the rest of the year."

"What..?!" You ask, and you teacher pat your shoulder. "I'm sorry but you seem like you're a good influence on those two. Don't worry, Arthur will also be sitting with you."

Great.

You make your way over to where Lovino was sitting and sit down next to him. "What happened to you?" He asked, and you glare at him. "I already told you." You hissed.

"Who's bullying you?" He asked, you ignore him and pull out your notebook and start doing the work on the board. Arthur walks in and gasps when he sees your eye. "Are you okay? What happened to you?"

"I ran into a door." You muttered and continue doing the Do Now. Alfred walks in and puts his stuff down at the table. "That must've been some door." He commented, gaining your attention. "Huh? Oh- yeah, it was."

"Too bad I wasn't there! I would've swooped in to save you! Like a hero, I might add." He smirks, you force out a small laugh. "Yeah... I'm glad you weren't..." You mumble. "Huh?" Alfred asks, furrowing his eyebrows. "It was really embarrassing, so..." He makes a noise of understanding before going back to work.

Time skip

You see Amy in the hallway, she marched up to you and slapped you across the face for everyone to see. It was like time froze. Nobody moved for a few moments. Those few moments felt like hours when this girl was glaring at you.

If looks could kill...

A circle gathered around the two of you, people pulled out their phones. "You bitch!" Amy snaps, raising her hand to slap you again. "What do you even mean!? I didn't do anything to you!" You say, raising your voice.

She shoves you and you stumble back. "He broke up with me! And it's your fault! It's your fault and I know it is!" She hisses, taking a few steps towards you. "What the hell are you talking about?! I didn't tell anyone anything!"

You muster up a glare of your own. "I'm shocked you're actually picking a fight with me right now. Usually you do all your dirty work when there's no prying eyes." Murmurs rippled throughout the circle.

"Oh and you think you're hot shit now, huh? You think you've got Alfred wrapped around your finger so he can bend over backwards to do whatever you say!" She seethed. "Excuse me?! You can't blame me for your relationship issues! I've been telling everyone that I'm and idiot who ran into a door for christs sake!"

She takes a swing at you, but you quickly avoid her fist. "What? Scared!?" She sneered, and you scoff. "Of you? Not so much anymore." You tried your best to seem confident. It was extremely difficult but you had too. You can't stand being a pushover anymore.

"We can change that." She punches you in the face, you put a couple fingers to your cheekbone and pull them away to reveal blood. "Hey, hey! Let me through, dammit!" Antonio pushes his way through the crowd and steps in between the two of you, followed by Alfred, Francis, and Natalia.

"Oh here we go, the little slut has her meat bags with her. And the she-demon." Amy sneers. "I'd watch your mouth if I were you." Natalia snarls. "You're not as intimidating when your sidekicks aren't with you. And your ego is only this high because there's a crowd."

"Why don't you watch your tone! Do you know who you're talking to?!" Amy shouts, her voice getting higher in pitch. "Meat bags, huh?" Alfred scoffs. "Was that all I was to you?" Amy seems to have just realized he was there.

"A-Alfie! No of course not! I was just referring to-"

"My friends? They are here because they care about (Y/n). Because they were worried when they heard there was a fight and no one knew where she was. (Y/n) is not a slut. The reason she's friends with so many guys is because it's girls like you that chase her away. And Natalia is not a she-demon either. She's just overprotective over the ones she cares about."

"You're right I'm sorry-"

"No." He says coolly. "You told me you had nothing to do with (Y/n)'s injuries and yet here you are, trying to belittle her in front of a crowd. So no, Amy. I don't think you're sorry." She starts to sob loudly.

"The worst part is," Francis pipes in, turning to the even larger circle around them, "all of you were going to stand here and let it happen. It disgusts me." He throws an arm around your shoulders and steers you away from the crowd, the other three following behind.

The rest of the day was slow-going. People would talk about the "fight" until they saw you around. Then things became "hush-hush" until you left. Of course your friends showed concern, asking you if you were alright and why you didn't tell them she was harassing you.

This brought even more unwanted attention towards you. You wished you could run away. To disappear. You didn't go to your clubs. It's not like Lovino would care much, he had enough company. And Matthew would understand.

Change of POV

"How could we let this happen!?" Gilbert asks, pacing back and fourth. There was a meeting being held at the Kirkland estate, courtesy of Alfred. There were currently 15 people in the room. Gilbert, Ludwig, Francis, Matthew, Feliciano, Lovino, Ivan, Yao, Kiku, Alfred, Arthur, Antonio, and Natalia. (Y/n)'s closest friends.

"We can't control what she tells us." Kiku says quietly and Matthew nods in agreement. "Yeah. We can't force her to tell us everything."

"She used to tell me everything." Ludwig grumbled. "That is- until school started."

"As the student council president I'm ashamed to admit that I had no idea this was going on." Arthur speaks up. "Can you go five minutes without flaunting your title in our faces!?" Francis snaps, Kiku sweat drops. "How about we don't fight?"

"Kiku is right guys, we should speak rationally. This is a topic on our friend." Yao says and Natalia scoffs, sending a harsh glare towards Alfred. "This meeting idea was stupid. Nobody can get along in here!" Natalia says annoyance evident in her tone.

"Hey! Don't be like that! This issue does concern all of us, right?" Alfred says, holding his arms out. "Some of us more than others." Ludwig grumbles. Lovino stands up from his seat quickly. "What's that supposed to mean, you bastard?!" Ludwig stands up from his seat, his arms crossed.

Antonio quickly stands up and puts an arm in front of Lovino. "What I think he means is that since he's known her all his life that he has grown protective. Is that correct, mi amigo?" He asks, looking at the blonde.

"Hmph. Ja." Ludwig says, sitting down. "See? No reason to get upset." Antonio finishes with a smile. "Look, guys," Alfred says with a sigh, "I know that not everyone here likes each other. But can we get along for ten minutes so we can talk about what we can do to make our friend feel better?" The room quieted down.

Alfred clears his throat. "I was thinking we could break into her house-"

"I am liking this plan already." Gilbert says. "No! We are not doing that!" Ludwig pinches the bridge of his nose. "Are you a bafoon?! What if her family is home? They could call the police!" Arthur snaps, rubbing his temple.

Natalia rolls her eyes and gazes out the window. There was a man standing outside. He looked very... Familiar. Ivan sees her staring and gazes out the window himself, but he sees nothing. "What are you looking at?" He asks, Natalia doesn't answer. She just hastily gets up and makes her way outside. "(B/n)?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaahhhhh I'm done!

I'm sorry this chapter is so short! My brain went ploop. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter though.

But wait!!!

You thought it was over?

Well...

It is.

HAHAHA- im just joking it's not over

**Extra**

Logan sighed as he got home. It was a long day. He didn't see (Y/n) at all. And what bothered him even more is that Gilbert wouldn't tell him where she was. Obviously he heard from other people that there was a fight. One of his friends said they'd send him a video.

The notification popped on his phone as soon as he received it and he opened his messages when he got into the kitchen to get something to eat.

He poured a bowl of cereal and started eating. He tapped on the video.

It was hard to sew at first, the quality wasn't all that good. But he knew that one of the girls was (Y/n).

Jesus... What happened to her eye?

His sister walks into the room, a scowl on her face as she sits across from him. He squints his eyes at the other girl in the video. And all of a sudden he chokes on his food.

"Jesus fucking christ, Logan! Have some class!" His sister spits, he stands up quickly, his chair squeaking on the floor. "No! You should have some class!" He shouts. His sister varies her eyes at him and crosses her arms. "What are you even talking about?!"

He thrusts his phone into her face. "That's you, isn't it Amy?!" He asks, Amy rolls her eyes. "Yes, dip shit. I was going to tell you I got into a fight anyway. You didn't have to flip out on me. I'm fine."

Logan groans and runs a hand through his hair. "Of all the people you have to target- why her?!" He asks, Amy makes a look of disgust. "What are you talking about?" She asks, he pinches the bridge of his nose. "If she finds out we're related, you're going to ruin my chances with her!" Logan says, raising his voice.

"Oh my god! You like her?!" Amy says, standing up. "Yeah I do, actually! If you actually listened to me you would've known that! I take it you're responsible for her black eye, too." Logan says scowling at her. "Wow! You're so smart you should be on a game show!"

"Don't patronize me, Amy. I'm not in the mood."

"You think I am?! She made Alfred break up with me!"

"And now you're ruining my relationship with my friends?!"

"Did you just hear me?! I said she made him break up with me!" Amy whines, Logan glares at her. "I doubt that." He grabs his house keys and heads for the door. "Where are you going?"

He opens the door and looks at her. "I'm going to go see if (Y/n) is okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! Now the chapter is over!

Or is it...?

Yeah. It is.

Anywho, I didn't have time to reread the chapter and edit it so there may be a few mistakes.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

918 89 25
I DON'T OWN HETALIA. ALL RIGHTFUL CREDITS GO BACK TO THE CREATER (#Hidekaz Himaruya) . I WROTE THIS FANFIC TO SUPPORT THE CHARACTERS IN THE SERIES. I...
980 16 24
A new country is introduced to everyone in a meeting. A country that knows more than they think she does. On her adventure, she discovers things abou...
4.1K 64 22
|WARNING! SLOW ASS UPDATES!| I am not an extremely amazing writer but I do try my best and quite enjoy it. Also, I will update this slowly, since I e...
116K 2.4K 36
{COMPLETED} [There are bad words in this story but they are halfly censored. Mentions of N@zi ,USSR, Japanese Empire and Fascist Italy.] -This is so...