The Tonight Show

By luckystriked

Mary was a 26 year-old engineer turned chef who owns a small restaurant in New York with the help of her pare... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35

Part Eight

458 18 7
By luckystriked

"I swear, she's different." Said Jimmy.

"Man, you always say that when you're eyeing on a new chick." Justin said.

"I know but I swear, this one got me speechless. She's different. She's funny. She likes beer." Jimmy said pointing out different things about Mary.

"What about Chelsea though? Is she okay with the break up?" Justin asked while finishing his coffee and throwing the cup into the near trash can.

"She's totally cool and mature about it which kind of surprised me. But then, I'm not complaining. I don't know what to do with Mary to get to her. I just want her man, you know, really really badly." Jimmy said. He was getting a bit hyper.

"Chill down, man. You're Jimmy Fallon, trust me, she's dying to be with you." Justin said.

"That's what I'm worried about man. I don't think she knows who I am before I walked into her restaurant. It's very refreshing actually." Jimmy said.

"Well, that's a problem. But hey, I believe in you, man. Getting girls are easy, staying in the relationship is hard. You're worrying about the easy part. Damn." Justin said.

"You're right. I'm over thinking. I just want everything to work out perfectly with Mary. Uh. Her smile. Jesus!" Jimmy said.

"You better bring your A-game man. Anyways, got to go. Thanks for the coffee. We still on for Saturday?" Asked Justin.

Jimmy gave him a nod and off went Justin.

-----

Jimmy decided to call Mary up after he had finished the meeting with the writers and producers.

"Hey." He heard Mary said. She seemed kinda off.

"Are you okay? Is this a bad time?" Jimmy sounded worried.

"No, I mean, Er, I'm kinda sick." She said. She did sound sick. Her nose sounded clogged up.

"Oh, darn, are you at work?" He asked.

"I'm actually at home, but if you want to eat at the restaurant, it's open. My staff's there." She said.

"Are you going to be okay by yourself?" He asked.

"I can manage." She said.

"Okay." Said Jimmy.

Jimmy went straight to the restaurant. He wasn't planning on eating or anything. He was planning on something. He put on his sunglasses and walked inside.

Everybody looked at him. He gave out smiles to everyone who was calling him out.

"Good evening, sir, er, Mr. Fallon, what could we do for you?" Marge asked. She was stiff as a tree. She couldn't move.

"I know this might sound strange but do you know where Mary lives, I called her and she told me she was sick. I didn't want to ask her where she lives, she might not want me to see her sick. But I need to go and take care of her." Said Jimmy.

Marge's eyes widened. "Called her? Wait-what? How did you even get her number?" She asked.

"She kind of gave it to me." He said.

"Are you like seeing Mary? Wait, aren't you dating Chelsea the Model?" Marge asked.

"Well, no, not yet. But with Chelsea, Uh, we broke up already." Jimmy answered Marge.

"Oh. Well....okay." Said Marge.

Jimmy snapped his fingers in front of Marge's face. "So, uh, the address? Can I have it?"

"Oh, yeah, sure, I'll just write it down." She said, taking a piece of paper and took her pen out of her pocket and wrote Mary's address down.

Jimmy took the small sheet of paper from Marge's hands and mouthed "Thank you" and walked out as fast as he could.

"Was that Jimmy?" Frank asked Marge.

"Yeah." She said.

"What's he doing here? Did he eat?" Frank asked.

"He asked for our Boss' address." She said while they looked at Jimmy ride his car and drove away.

Her apartment building was just 5 minutes away from her restaurant and surprisingly just 10 seconds away from Jimmy's apartment. Their buildings were just across each other.

He went up to the 3rd floor and knocked on the door 3B.

"Who is it?" Mary said faintly.

"Uh, It's Jimmy." He said.

She walked to the door. She was surprised. She didn't want Jimmy to see her at her worst. She looked like she hadn't showered in days. She opened the door to see if it was really him. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm checking up on you." He said.

"Well, I'm sick like I told you on the phone, okay?" She said, closing the door.

He quickly stopped the door from closing. "Woah, wait, Can I at least take care of you?" He said.

She looked at his eyes, he seemed sincere but she doesn't like him to see how messy her place is right now. "My place is kinda messy but then, whatever, come in." She said. Jimmy gave her a smile as he walked in her apartment.

It was a big apartment. Lots of space. Very nice interiors, Nice pieces of art that are hung on the wall. A good view of New York city from the Balcony. Half of the walls are glass so you can really see the city scape from anywhere in the apartment. It was sort of a pent house. "Wow." Jimmy said.

"Wow, what?" She said while wiping her nose with tissue.

"Nice place you got here for yourself." Jimmy commented.

"Yeah, thanks." She said and slammed on the bed.

Jimmy looked at Mary. She was easily asleep. Jimmy skimmed through the refrigerator looking for something to cook for Mary. Some kind of soup. And as expected, her fridge is full of food and lots of beer.

He wasn't a good cook but tonight he'll try. He decided to go with cooking mushroom soup since it was pretty easy.

A few minuted later, he fixed a bowl for the soup and brought it to Mary's bedside table.

"Hey." He tapped her shoulders in attempt to waking her up.

"Hey." She said waking up.

"I made you a soup." He said. He was a bit nervous.

She bolted right up. "You did what?"

"Made you. Soup." He said and pointed at the soup bowl beside her bed.

"Jimmy, you didn't have to." She said.

"I wanted to." He fought back.

"Here, let me." Jimmy said. He sat beside Mary and fed her soup. He blew onto each spoonful so that she won't get burnt.

"This is really good." She said.

"You liar!" Jimmy said. His cheeks were turning red.

"No, not kidding." She smiled.

His cheeks became even more red. "Seriously? Well, that's great. I can cook. See?"

"Thank you, Jimmy." She said after the last spoonful of the soup.

He placed the bowl back to the table and held her hand. "I told you, I want to take care of you. It's pretty obvious that I like you, right?" He said.

She nodded, Jimmy noticed her blush a little. He smiled by the sight of her blushing.

"I....like you too." She said shyly.

Jimmy closed his eyes while smiling. "Fuck yeah!" He screamed.

"Calm down, cupid." She warned.

They laughed.

Jimmy let Mary rest while he tried to clean up her apartment. It wasn't messy at all like she said.

Mary woke up the next day to see that her apartment was clean and fixed. She noticed a note on the dining table.

Hope you're feeling better already. Had to go to work earlier than usual. I bought you a bagel and coffee (which I know isn't hot anymore) Hope I could take you out tonight.

-Jimmy

She smiled while checking the paper bag for the bagel and coffee. He was right the coffee was already cold. She took it anyway and re-heated the bagel.

After having breakfast, she decided to reply to Jimmy's note by texting him.

"Okay, you can take me out tonight after work." She said.

A few minutes later, she got a reply from Jimmy. "What? You're working tonight? You just got better. You still need rest."

"Jimmy, I'm fine. Chill out." She typed in.

"Well, all right. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. Any restaurant apart from mine will do."

"Okay, pick you up at 11." Jimmy said.

After having a short text message conversation with Jimmy, she got dressed for work and went straight to the restaurant.

"Hey boss, how you doin?" Marcus asked.

"Better. How was last night." Mary asked.

"Smooth. There weren't no complaints. Jimmy was here last night though, he asked for your address." Marge said.

"Oh yeah, that. Well, anyways, let's get to work." She said hoping to change the subject.

"Woah, woah, so what's with this Fallon guy?" Frank asked.

"I don't know yet." Mary said.

"We just don't want you to end up being hurt again. Just be extra careful because he's famous." Frank warned Mary.

"Chill. I got this one." Mary said as she put on her work clothes on and started cooking.

-------

10:55 pm

"He's here." Marge said pointing out the black car which just stopped in front of the restaurant.

"Shit, I'm not yet ready." Mary panicked.

They were just cleaning up when Jimmy arrived.

"Hey." Said Jimmy.

"Hey." Frank and Marcus said in unison.

"Jimmy, she's just changing her clothes." Marge said.

"All right, no need to rush, I can wait." Jimmy said after finding a place to sit.
He decided to sit at the far corner of the room, he got a good view of the whole place.

"And.....done!" Marge said, finishing off my make up.

"I look amazing." Mary said.

"Okay, whatever you say." Marge said, laughing while fixing the table.

Mary walked out of the room at the right side of the restaurant. Jimmy stood up from where he sat, he grabbed his jacket and smiled as he walked towards Mary. "Wow." He managed to say, fixing his tie.

Mary's cheeks blushed even more. "You're making me uncomfortable." She said.

"Don't. I'm just expressing my feelings. You look so beautiful." Jimmy said, carefully observing every part of her body.

"I've always like men in suits." Mary said.

"Is that right?" Jimmy asked. He blushed.

"Yeah, it's kinda sexy." Mary admitted.

Jimmy cleared his throat. "I'm a suit man. I love wearing suits so much that I sleep beside them." He joked.

"Yeah, okay." Mary said and felt awkward. She didn't know what to say next.

"So, uh, shall we?" Said Jimmy, breaking the silence. He was nervous for the first time in a while, he was used to taking out girls but this one's different. He offered his arm for her to hold.

"We shall."

----------

I just want to go to New York and see Jimmy Fallon!!! Uh!!!

Anyways, hope you guys like my update.

Shout out to @idiotboyfriend this update is for you!!! Thank you for always reading my updates and always commenting. Lots of love 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 2.1K 52
I actually haven't posted a book on wattpad in about 2 yrs so gimme a break if it isn't good 🏃‍♀️ But most are smut so be ready and idc if u vote ju...
32.2K 3.1K 40
ត្រឹមជាក្មេងប្រុសថ្លង់ស្ដាប់មិនឮម្នាក់ អាចធ្វើឲ្យបុរសមានអំណាចធ្លាក់ចូលក្នុងអន្លង់ស្នេហ៍បានយ៉ាងងាយ... 5.30.24❤️
6.1M 47.5K 56
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
645K 104K 72
(يا إيها الناس أتقو الله بالنساء اوصيكم بالنساء خيراً) لم يستوصوا بنا خيراً يا رسول الله لقد كسرو القوارير والافئدة