Part 35

Jimmy's POV

I came back to New York a few hours after I visited Kate and Kevin. I wasn't thinking straight. I wasn't well. I fucking hate cancer.

It was 6 am. Mary was still asleep. She didn't hear me come in, I guess. I slowly creeped in the bathroom and toppled one of the picture frames and created a noise.

"What the fuck? Jimmy?" Mary was surprised to see me half naked at 6 am. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Uh, about to take a shower." I said as I picked up the picture frame.

"I thought you're going to be gone for a few days?" She asked and put on her robe.

"Kate didn't want me to stay there and worry. So I went home." I explained.

"Ah so it's her decision now?" She asked. Oh boy.

"No, Mary, listen. She doesn't want to do chemo and just wants to go with the flow so I stepped back and let her be. That's it. Why do you always have to conclude to wrong things?" I was beginning to get hyped in a bad way.

"Oh okay. Sorry. My thoughts doesn't matter to you anyway." She said.

I don't even know why were fighting. "Look, Honey, I am sorry if you feel like I've been neglecting you and focusing on them. Well, I am not. I think about you all the time, okay? I'm just helping them, nothing more." I said and grabbed her hands and held them tightly.

She bowed her head and then looked up to me with a bit of smile on her face. "Okay, I trust you." She said.

My frown turned into a smile too. I kissed her and hugged her. "I love you, honey."

~

After a few weeks of talking to Kate, I finally convinced her to do chemo. She decided to do it for Kevin, she took a chance at life.

Mary's three months pregnant now, she'd always make me go to the store at 1 am in the morning just to get chocolate cake because she's craving for a slice. One time, she craved for a piece of bread and ketchup. It was bizarre.

I'm balancing my son's and my wife's needs plus work. Sometimes I just pretend that I'm okay for the people who look up to me. Especially the FalPals, they give me strength and more drive to continue doing what I love.

"You free tonight?" I said while fidgeting around my pockets looking for my keys.

"Yeah, I'm just finishing my photoshoot here. What's up?" Justin asked.

"Wanna grab a drink?" I asked.

"How about my place? I'm actually pretty tired. I have unlimited Souzaaaaa!" Justin excitedly said.

"Great. Call me when you get home. See you bud."

~

"I'm so stressed out, man. Work and stuff. Plus my son. Damn it. I just want things to be fine again." I blurted out. "Thanks Jess."

"I hate to be in your shoes, man. But you have to deal with it. Nothing's easy in life." Justin said as he takes the bottle that Jess handed him.

"Jim, you have to talk to Mary about this stuff. You have to let her know what you feel. That's what marriage is all about." Jess added.

"I want to but I don't want to stress her out, you know? Ugh I hate this." I said, taking a sip from my glass.

"Jess is right. You have to. It's the only way. She's your support system." Justin said.

"You guys are right. Okay, I'll talk to her in the morning. Thanks, guys. I appreciate you listening to me." I said, bowing my head feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Come on. We're your best friends. We're here for you no matter what.."

~

So I carefully came in our home, with a carton of ice cream and Jalapeño flavored Cheetos.

"Hey, babe." I placed the stuff in the kitchen countertop as I saw Mary come out of our room.

"Hey." She said. I could feel that she's still upset.

"Come here." I asked her to sit down with me. "I know these past few months has been hard on us, but always know that you are my wife and I love you no matter what happens, okay?"

She smiled weakly and nodded.

"Kevin is my son and soon enough he's going to have a little sister or a brother and I think it would be great if we could all be on the same page. We're about to have a family of our own and I want Kevin to also be a part of it." I said

"Jim, honey, I understand. It's just hard for me to process all of this. But I am trying. I know you're doing your best to balance things out. I know that. And i'm sorry if I'm giving you a rough time. I love you, Jim, I just don't want to lose you." She said, she held my hands and a couple of tears escaped her eyes.

I gripped her hands tightly, assuring her of my answer. "You won't"

~~~

Sorry it took a while.
I can't believe that Jimmy is turning 41 alreadyyyyyy!!!!!!