Part 21

Several months have passed, they haven't talked about what happened. They were doing fine, especially Mary, she's been so busy with her new restaurant and Jimmy was on it too.

Jimmy won another Emmy last month. Mary was so proud of everything he has accomplished. She was so surprised that she wasn't even thinking about whether Jimmy wants to marry him or not anytime soon.

----

"What if I proposed to him?" She asked Jess.

"That's not a bad idea!!! Actually, that's a romantic idea." Jess said.

"Yeah, I mean. It's getting pretty normal, girls proposing to their men. Hmmm... You think he'll say 'yes'?" Mary asked, playing with her pen. She was nervous even just by thinking about it.

"He'll be a fool not to say 'yes'!!!" Jess said. She was looking giddy.

"All right. But help me with it, okay?" Mary said.

"No problem." Jess said and they hugged each other.

----

Mary wasted no time and planned how she'd propose to him. She bought a cheap ring from a nearby jewelry store. She waited for Jess to get back from work.

Mary cleaned up the apartment, while waiting for Jimmy. Jess came shortly, with a bottle of wine on her hand.

"Excited?" Jess asked.

"Absolutely not. I'm terrified." Mary said, and she wasn't lying, her whole body was shaking.

Jess held both Mary's shaking shoulders and asked her to sit down. "Chill out. I promise you'll be engaged before you go to sleep tonight." Jess said.

"You're that confident that Jimmy will say yes to me?" Mary asked.

"Yes."

----

"Good night, Steve." Jimmy said, waving his hands to Higgins.

He called up Justin before leaving the studio. "I'm done, man. About to go home."

"That's good. Be there in a bit. Just finishing up listening to these mixes." Justin said.

"All right." Jimmy said and sighed.

----

He walked down the studio and into the car park. He slid into his car seat and strapped on his seat belt and drove home.

Jimmy searched for his house keys inside his pocket. He was sweating. His hands were sweating. He pulled on his tie to loosen it.

He carefully opened the door. There was no one home, he went inside their bedroom and there he saw Mary.

She was wearing a black dress that showed off how shape. She had beautiful curves, long legs and her chest was of the right size.

Jimmy had never seen her so beautiful, before he could even say anything, she was already down on one knee, popped a velvet box and revealed a ring.

"Jimmy, I know you're scared but I promise you I'll never ever leave you. I promise to take care of you when nobody wants to. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm doing this because I love you. Jimbo, my love, will you marry me?" She said.

Jimmy looked straight at her eyes. He wasn't saying anything. Mary looked like she was about to cry.

"Jimmy?" She said.

"Stand up." Jimmy said and raised her while holding her elbows.

"I guess that's a no." Mary said and sighed.

"Yeah, that's a no to your proposal." Jimmy said and he kneeled down.

"Wha----Jim?" Mary was out of words. Tears started filling her eyes, she knows what he's going to do next.

"Mary, I was so afraid to be engaged again after what happened before. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to realize that you'll never leave me. I love you and I trust you. You're the most important thing in my life. I waited for the perfect moment, and right now is. You're the love of my life, Mary, will you spend the rest of your life with me?" Jimmy said, holding a diamond ring. It was catching and reflecting light, it looked so expensive and it was a huge chunk of diamond.

Mary wiped off her tears. "You asshole!"

Jimmy laughed and stood up. "I'll take that as a yes?"

"Of course it's a yes, dummy!" She said and hugged him, he placed the ring on her finger and kissed her hands.

Jimmy took out his phone and made a call. "Guys, she said yes!!!!"

"Who was that?" Mary asked.

"You'll find out."

•••••••

Ahhh update!!!

Was so busy finding Michael Bublé tickets and found one already!!!

I'm about to see him live on saturday! I'm so lucky!!! He's the best crooner ever!!!

Ahhhh can't express how much I love Michael Bublé!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️