Part 14

Jimmy decided to call up Justin. After a few rings, Justin answered.

"Hey, man." He said. His words sounded weak and sad.

"Hey, what's the problem?" Justin asked.

"Mary." Jimmy said.

"What about her?" Justin was starting to get worried about his friend.

"I saw her kissing her ex. I don't know. I...." He couldn't even finish his sentence.

"I'm coming over. Hang in there, bud." Justin said and quickly took his jacket and car keys.

Several minutes later, Justin was at Jimmy's door knocking.

After Jimmy had opened the door for Justin, he didn't say anything. Jimmy just went into the kitchen, grabbed a couple of glasses and scotch.

Justin carefully observed his friend. He didn't know what to say. He looked so hurt and sad. He's never seen Jimmy this quiet and down. It was all new to him.

"So, what happened exactly?" Justin finally started the conversation.

Jimmy poured himself a drink and downed it in one take before answering Justin's question. "So she invited me to her birthday party right? As her date. I was so excited to meet her friends. So we got there and she introduced me and then she went out to get some air and I went out too after a few minutes and there.... I saw this Caleb guy, which isn't even half as good looking as I am..."

Justin laughed but then stopped right away so that Jimmy could continue on.

"....they were kissing. I know were not really like going out officially but I like her, I really like her and when I saw them kissing, I got so angry that I ran away and went home. I just wanted to punch something." Jimmy said and poured another shot into his glass.

Justin took a minute to think about what he was going to say to Jimmy.

"Maybe he kissed her. Maybe she didn't want to be kissed but he insisted." Justin said.

"It looked like she was enjoying it." Jimmy defended his stand.

"I don't know. Why don't you give her the benefit of the doubt?" Justin suggested.

"I don't know. I don't think I could look to her the same way again, at least not right now. I sound like a girl but I got hurt. I don't normally get hurt but this one's for real. I might even be in love with this girl." Jimmy said.

"Woah. That's heavy." Justin said after finishing his drink.

"She's different. The first time I saw her, It felt right. You know what I mean?" He asked Justin.

Justin just nodded, supporting Jimmy.

Then Jimmy's phone rang. He held it up and revealed Mary's name.

"Are you going to answer it?" Justin asked.

"I don't know what to say. I don't think I want to deal with this right now." Jimmy said.

"Then don't. Let time do what it does best." Justin said and raised his glass, waiting for Jimmy to raise his too.

6 months later...

"A whole week." Justin said to Jimmy after the cameras were turned off.

"This is so great! I can't believe that I'm really the host of The Tonight Show. Wow." Jimmy couldn't contain his happiness.

"So proud of you, man." Justin said.

"And thank you for agreeing to be here today even though you're sick." Jimmy said, patting Justin's back.

"We both are. It's always a pleasure being here." Justin said.

"Dinner?" Jimmy asked Justin.

"Are you asking me on a date?" Justin teased.

"Yeah. A man-date." Jimmy joked and grinned.

"That's a thing?" Justin said.

"It will be." Jimmy said and they laughed.

They got to this new place near the studio.

"Nice interiors." Justin commented.

"You're right. This place is awesome. And I heard they serve great steaks here." Jimmy said.

"I imagine. This place is packed. We got the last table." Justin said, looking around the restaurant.

"Well, they have to make way for the new host of The Tonight Show. They better have a table for us." Jimmy said.

"Oh just shut up and order!" Justin said as they held out the menu.

•••••••

I suck at chapter endings/cliffhangers lol! Anyway, here's a new update.

Happy holidays everyone. Cheers!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸