Part 12

Jimmy woke up on Mary's couch with her sleeping on his lap. He smiled by the sight of her silently sleeping. He glanced at his watch.

11:30 AM

"Shit." He said silently. He was late for work. He carefully lifted her head and placed a cushion to replace his lap. He knelt down before leaving and planted a slight kiss on her forehead.

-------

"I see that you're still wearing the same shirt since yesterday." Higgins noted.

"Shut up." Jimmy hissed.

"Someone got lucky tonight." Higgins continued.

"Oh grow up! We just slept in." Jimmy fired back.

Higgins started to laugh and Jimmy reluctantly joined him inside the room.

After the break, Jimmy's phone rang.

"Hello?" He said.

"You left me." Mary said on the other line.

"Oh, er, I was late and I didn't want to wake you up, so, heh, I left." Jimmy said. He was walking all over the studio.

"I'm just messing with you." She said.

Jimmy sighed and was relieved. "Whew!" He said.

"Anyways, uh, It's my birthday tomorrow and uh, I just wanted to invite you over at the restaurant. I'll be having a few friends over." She said.

"Of course! I'd love to." He said with excitement.

"Great! I'm so happy that you'll be coming." Mary said.

"I wouldn't miss it." Jimmy said.

"Oh, well, I have to go, work work work. Er, anyways, see you tomorrow!" Mary said.

"See you, Mary." Jimmy said before ending the call. He held his phone and slowly his lips formed a smile as he heads back inside the studio.

----------

The next day...

Jimmy asked his assistant to send twenty five dozens of red roses to Mary's apartment.

He asked the writers to schedule an early shoot today so he could go to Mary's birthday as early as possible.

That day's shoot finished at 10:00 pm. Two hours earlier than usual. Before he bid farewell to the whole staff at Late Night, he asked Higgins on how he looked.

"Is this tie okay?" Jimmy asked.

"Loose the tie, man. It's a birthday party. You have to look casual as possible." Said Steve.

"You're right." Jimmy said before removing his tie.

"Just do what you do best. Make her laugh." Steve said before leaving Jimmy.

-----

Jimmy pulled over a few blocks away from Mary's restaurant. He walked down the street with a jewelry box on his hand. He was so nervous. He was nervous to meet her friends. And what if her parents are there too?

He stood outside for a couple of minutes. He could see the number of people inside. He called Mary.

"Hey, I'm outside." He said.

Mary looked out and waved at him. "I'll go there. Wait for me." She said.

Jimmy tried fixing his hair and his shirt before Mary sees him. She came out fast.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey." Jimmy sounded like a little boy.

"Thank you for coming." Mary said placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, eh, what do we have here?" He said as he reveals that he bought another gift for her.

"Jimmy....this is too much. And the roses. You're the sweetest." She said as she politely accepts another gift from Jimmy.

"It's nothing....compared to the happiness you are giving me." Jimmy said without looking at her.

Mary smiled and said. "Come here."

Jimmy lifted his head up as he watched Mary come closer and looked into his eyes. She tiptoed to reach his lips. He closed his eyes and felt his heart beat faster. He was surprised by what she did.

After the kiss, she smiled at him again and held his hand. "Come, I want them to meet the most special person in my life right now."

•••••••••••

Finally!!! Have time to update. Hope you're not getting bored with the story. Heh!!!!

Merry Christmas everybody from all over the world. Lots of love!!!!!!

And to Jimmy, I love you with all of my heart. ❤️