Difficult Journey (A Big Girl...

Af May99_Jas18

May has always had a problem with her weight, she never really excepted the fact that she is big and beautifu... Mere

I. Family
II. School
III. Hospital
Chapter 4 The Funeral
Chapter 5 The Beautiful walk
Chapter 6 First date confession
Chapter 7 Dates and Awkward Conversations
Chapter 8 Movie day!
Chapter 9 Complications
Chapter 10 The Poster
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Hug it out!
Chapter 14 The backstory
Chapter 15 Friends and Football?
Chapter 16 The Decision
XVII. early mornings
XVIIII- Crying, Holding, and Showering
Chapter 20 Chocolate Chocolate and more Chocolate
Chapter 21 Movie Romance
Chapter 22 Meeting Simon
Chapter 23 Purple Polka dots?
Chapter 24 Boob Punch
Chapter 25 School starts
Chapter 26 The Accident
Chapter 27 She's Gone
Chapter 28 The Pain
Chapter 29 The Rain The Dock and The Fight
Chapter 30 Crazy Family
Chapter 31 Rings?
Chapter 32 And that was that
Chapter 33 Umm Mom?
Chapter 34 Dinner With the Parents
Chapter 35 I Need A Hero
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 Surprise!
Chapter 38 After Party
Epilogue
Second book
Sneak Peak On Second Book

XVIII The Party

799 32 5
Af May99_Jas18

The day started off sad when I had to say bye to Nathan as he walked up his driveway with all of his belongings. I knew I'd see him again but not in school anymore. Before when we were sitting in the car he kissed my cheek silently trying not to be seen by Paul or Olivia but I saw Olivia look back and a smile creep up on her face. When we reached his house we hugged for long. I whispered in his ear, "Call me, because I dont want you to forget me." Nathan sighed.
"Ill never forget you dont worry, and we got that party in a month. Maybe I can sleep over that night?" I nodded in his shoulder.
I snapped out of my thoughts and waved to him as we pulled away.
******
The ride home was silent. There were almost no words. It felt like I was moving four states away. When I got home I just changed into sweat pants and sat on the couch and watched movies. I heard a knock at the door but I didnt get up knowing that someone else would.
"Hey Luke." I overheard Olivia say as I heard the door open.
"Hey, Olivia. How is your day?" He said politly.
"Good but someone elses isnt." I slightly rolled my eyes and turned back into my movie. I heard Luke sigh and start walking up the steps. I heard him walk through the kitchen but I didnt look away from the television.
He walked over to the couch and sat down on the end. He popped of his shoes and put one of his legs on the couch and pulled me down so that I was now laying in his lap. I sighed as he played with my hair. We watched the movie in slience and Luke played with my hair as i just sat there. Once the movie ended Luke grabbed my hand, kissed the back of it, and intwined his fingers with mine. I let my thoughts wonder.
Is it going to be like this all the time without Nathan? Is my new life gonna suck? Am I gonna get bullied for the next couple of years in school? Are me and Luke gonna get married? So many questions with no answers. Why isnt there a book with random answers in it? I mean they created just about everything else.
"May? Wanna take a drive?" Luke asked me but I really didnt want to. I just wanted to go in my room and sleep. I shook my head.
"Im gonna go to bed." I stood up from the couch but Luke still had a hold of my hand.
"Its six." Luke said with sort of shocked eyes.
"yeah I'm tired though." I said.
"Want me to come up with you?" Luke asked concern filling his eyes. I thought about it. We didnt have to talk. just cuddle. I nodded and let go of his hand. I led the way upstairs. I quickly turned the corner and pulled my covers back as I climbed in.
Luke walked over to the windows on the far side of my room and shut the blinds, blocking out the sun. He crawled in the other side of the bed but stayed halfway sitting up. I curled up to the side kind of awkwardly and closed my eyes. Luke played with my hair as I drifted off to sleep.
****
The next day I woke up at 7 and got up. I continued to take a shower going through my normal routine and I got dressed. My phone rang as I slid on my pants.
"Hello?" I didnt get the chance to look at the caller ID.
"Hey! Whats up?" Nathan said through telephone.
"Just got pants on, you?" I replied.
"I got bored. Thursday so I went to my mom's house yesterday night. Now im bored."
"Sorry?" I questioned.
"Not your fault. So what you doing today?" He asked as I sat on my bed.
"Im not sure to be honest." I fiddled with a string attached to my jeans. Just then I heard beeping on my phone. I pulled it away from my ear to look at it. Shelly? "Nathan I got to go im getting another call."
"Ok bye." He replied and i quickly switched to Shelly.
"Hello?"
"Hey May, its Shelly. I was wondering what you were up to today?"
"Nothing really why whats up?" I asked a little confused.
"Can you watch Christina? Her high voice squeaked.
"Sure can you drop her off? I have to ask Olivia and Paul first but im sure they are fine with it." I said as i started decending down the steps.
"Yes i can drop her off."
"Ok im going to ask right now." I walked to the livingroom. "Hey Olivia and Paul can Christina come over and I watch her for a while? You dont have to, I just want to know if your ok with her coming over."
Olivia nodded. "Sure."
"Shelly she said it was fine. When are you going to drop her off?" I asked.
"About 30 minutes?" She said questionly. I did a slight chuckle
"You are already on your way?"
"Well I was going to take her shopping and well I dont think that is such a good idea."
"Thats fine see you in a bit. Maybe you can even meet my boyfriend." I said.
"Ok see you in a bit. Bye."
"Bye." Then I dialed up Luke.
"What up?" A boy said in the phone who wasnt Luke.
"Yeah hey can I talk to Luke?"
"He's taking a dump." He held back a chuckle.
"Oh awesome, healthy, tell him to call me when he is done."
"I will."
"Bye." I hung up the phone and began to laugh. Lukes not the guy to tell someone that; he is going to be so embarrassed. About five minutes later my phone went off again.
"Hey." I said after i saw it was Luke.
"Hey, what did Riley say to you when you called?"
"You were taking a dump." I said with a smile growing on my face.
"Oh, umm." Luke got rather awkward.
"It's fine. I really don't care, I know we all do it. If you don't remember I'm best friends with a guy that finds it funny to fart on me."
"Yeah I guess." Luke sighed. "So what did you need?"
"Wanna help me babysit my step sister?" I asked as I went back to fiddling with the string on my jeans.
"Sure when?" Luke asked.
"Right about now." I said biting my lip.
"Sure just give me a bit. I'll send Riley home." A smile grew on my face but I dont want to be that girlfriend.
"Well I dont want to take you away from your friends. I dont want to be that girlfriend." I said.
"Its fine. He came over last night when I left your house." I smiled.
"When did you leave anyway?"
"Around 7:30." Luke replied.
"Oh alright. So you coming over in like 20 minutes?"
"Yeah, absolutely. Bye babe."
"Bye." I plopped down on the couch.
"Lukes gonna be here soon." I said to Olivia and Paul. "He is going to help me babysit."
"We were here when you discussed that." Paul said that. I laughed slightly.
"So its ok then?" I asked with a short smile.
"I dont care." Paul answered.
"thanks." Then like a charm a knock was at the door. I walked over to the door, it was more than likely that it was shelly dropping off her kid. I opened the door. Huh, I was right.
"Hey." I said to Shelly. A little unused to seeing her face anymore. She gave me a quick hug.
"Hi." I saw Christina at her side.
"Hi May." She said in her cute voice. I smiled as I bent over and picked her up and gave her a hug. She laughed as I squeezed her.
"How are you sweety?" I said as I set her back down and crouched down to her level.
"Good." She said.
"Ready to have some fun?" I asked her with a over excited face.
"Yeah!" She exclaimed. I led them into the livingroom. I zoned out while Shelly and Olivia started talking. I pulled my cami up because i was wearing this low cut dark blue shirt with some of my favorite dark blue marices jeans. I wiped off the imaginary dust and dirt off my butt. I thought about Nathan; its really gonna suck this year without him and sapphire by my side in school. I dont know if i can do this whole new school thing, it makes me nervous. Speaking of Sapphire i need to call her, we need to hang out. I feel bad because i kind of forgot about her with all the drama thats been going on. I miss her. I really miss her. Imagine what the next school year is going to be like, plus the bullies. I can't go through that aga- knock knock knock. that must be Luke. I walked over to the door and Lukes smiling face came into my view. Before I could say anything i was engolfed in his warm embrace.
"Hey hows it going?" I asked kind of awkwardly.
"No, hows it going with you? I just wanted to make sure you were better i mean you were barely talking to me."
"Im fine. come on,come meet my step mom." I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the livingroom. "Shelly this is Luke, Luke this is Shelly." They shook hands and Christina walked up to me.
"May is Luke your boyfriend?" I smiled remember how she would ask me back when i was living with her if I had a boyfriend.
"Yes he is, so you have to be nice to him ok?" I asked her as i crouched down to her level.
"I guess." She said and Luke kneeled on the floor.
"Hey Christina, Im Luke." I stood up and watched.
"Hi." she said quetly. I smiled as Luke stood up. He turned to me. I just shrugged.
****
The rest of the day was sort of sweet to see Luke so good with Christina; she just fell in love with him. We went for pizza for lunch and spent most of the day at the park. At about 5 Shelly came back. Christina was a fight to get to release Luke but we managed. After that Luke took me out for a rather fancy dinner in my opinion. He held my hand a lot, which made me quite nervous. Luke started to get a scruffy face i noticed too, and I find that fairly attractive so I just wanted to kiss him more. We pulled into my driveway.

"So..." Luke said as we stopped and I unbuckled.

"So...what?" I asked as I just sat there ready to go back inside.

"Wanna sneak out again tonight? We could watch the stars from the roof and then cuddle and fall asleep."

"Do you want me to just ask to sleep over at your house? Im sure Paul and Olivia wouldnt mind because im a good girl." I gave Luke a teasing smile.

"Why dont you do that. I wouldnt want my good girl to get in trouble would I?" Luke questioned. He booped my nose. His eyes caught the sunset light perfectly and they sparkled as they looked at me. I inspected his face. From his dark brown hair that flowed slightly to the left but not too long that he had to flip it, to his dark brown thick eyebrows but not too thick to where it looks like he has hairy catipillers over his face, to his bright blue eyes that lit up his face, down to his sweet nose and sweet lips, then to the best part- his scruffy chin and cheeks. I dont know why i found that attractive i just did. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He said as he noticed that I sort of zoned out.

"Just admiring your attractive face." I said and stuck my tongue out. "Ill go ask, stay put." i scoffed as I slid my butt down off of his truck seat. I closed the door andheaded up to the tiny deck on the right side of our house. I walked in and stomped my feet on the brown worn rug. Jake (jake is Paul and Olivias dog i havent really mentioned him lately, i'm sorry) ran to the door to meet me. I bent down and pet him. "Hey buddy." I said in a baby voice that for some reason everyone talks to dogs with. I continued walking up the steps and into the livingroom. I stopped in the living room door way. Olivia was sitting on the fluffy tan couch and Paul was sitting on the fluffy tan recliner. "Hey guys can I sleep over at Lukes house?" Pauls head snapped away from the tv.

"Say what?" I sighed slightly remembering my dad always saying that when I asked him for something.

"Can I sleep over at his house, We were going to watch the stars so we were going to be out pretty late so can I?" I explained as I crossed my legs and leaned against the brown wide door frame. Olivia rubbed her feet nonchalantley on the light tan carpet.

"I dont see a problem with it, as long as you dont-"

"Have sex? Ya, no Luke knows all my beliefs on that. My crotchal area is closed until im married." I interjected before Paul could say anything else. Paul laughed.

"Well as long as that is clear, No drinking, smoking, or whatever else crazy teens do."

"I dont believe in any of that, so we are good." I gave him a thumbs up as I started to walk upstairs to pack my bag. I packed some sweat pants and my favorite big sweatshirt that had my old school's name on it. I packed some underwear, knowing that I have a chance of showering there because i have once already. I also put in some shorts that make my butt look super good and a low cut shirt that- in my opinion- make my boobs look splendid. Hey if Luke and I arent going to be "intimite" I could give him a little something to look at for his, umm...alone time? I guess you could call it, we all know that all guys do it so just skip the ewws and stuff and move on. Nathan told me like every 3 days its a given so whatever right? i finished packing and made my way down the steps. I called back to Paul and Olivia as I walked out the door. "Thanks guys Ill see you tomorrow." With that I stepped outside and made my way to the black truck that I know and Love.

"I'm guessing they said yes?" I nodded and leaned over my seat to his, I kissed him letting our lips fit together perfectly for a minute then i broke the kiss creating space inbetween us. Luke's face was a little pinker than usual and i smiled to myself. i did that to him. He put the truck in gear.

"ready then?" He cleared his throat. I nodded. He backed out of the driveway and up his road, into his garage. I slipped out of the truck and around, Luke took my hand and led me through the house and straight to his room. I put my stuff down on the chest thats right there when you walk in the door. Luke hugged me, just taking in my embrace. I smiled and hugged him back, we just stayed there for a while; my head on his chest, his arms around my body and my arms around his. "May we are dancing." Luke broke the silence after 5 minutes. I guess we were; we were swaying back and forth in each other's arms and it just felt right.

***** A month later****

"May, im taking you back to school shopping lets go!" I sighed as Olivia called from the bottome of the steps. I quickly got dressed and brushed my hair. "Plus we need to get you a new outfit for Luke's party this weekend." Oh yeah, i forgot about that. I rushed down the steps putting my sweatshirt on as i went. Managing to slip and fall on my butt at the last step. awesome.

"Alright i am ready." I said to Olivia as I went to the walk way to find my shoes and put them on.

****

Luke's truck pulled up into our driveway. I said my goodbyes and fixed my shirt that was 3/4 length sleeves and that looked like it was jean material. I fluffed out my white skirt, I pray that nothing gets on this or that i dont sit in anything weird. With that I walked out side in my black boots. I got in to his truck. "Hey babe, you look beautiful." Luke said as I got in the truck. My slightly picked cheeks turned to him.

"Really?" He hadnt said that to me lately. He nodded.

"Ready to go back to my house and set up for the party?" He asked and this time it was me nodding. Luke put the car into reverse and backed up out of our driveway and let the truck back end turn left and he swung it hard right to get onto his road because it was almost right across from my driveway.

"Am I sleeping over tonight?" I asked not being sure as I walked around the vehicle.

"If you want you can." Luke shrugged. I shrugged not knowing an answer yet.

"Is there going to be any alcohol?" Luke sighed.

"Do you really have to ask this all the time?" He said with a smile on his face. I nodded slightly. "May there will be no alcohol at this party." Luke said for the 40th time this month. I just dont like alcohol; i dont like what it does to people, i dont like that a little bit of it could kill you, and there is like 4 laws against it. Its just better not to drink it. Luke opened his house door to reveal almost the whole place was decorated already there was streamers hanging from the ceiling and the walls. I guess we didnt need to decorate at all. I stopped in awe as we reached the doorway. "Yeah, I guess we dont need to decorate." Luke said, practically taking the words out of my mind. "Lets go to my room to waste time, maybe i can finally teach you how to play video games." Luke took my hand as we walked up the steps.

*******

"Oh My God!!! Saphire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed as the party was going on. I hadnt seen her in forever.

"Hey!!!" She screamed back at me. We hugged. She fluffed my skirt. "Chica you look amazing, glowing." She had a soda in her hands, that is never good; when sapphire gets hyper she gets HYPER.

"thanks! You look beautiful too." I said as I looked at her outfit which consisted off skinny jeans and a dark blue shirt. I felt a hand slid across my back and wrap around my side. I looked back to see Lukes friendly face. "Hey baby. Luke this is Sapphire, Sapphire this is Luke." They shook hands. Sapphire gave him the 'friend look', you know the one where it looks like she will kill him if he hurts me. I laughed slightly. Luke put his head on my shoulder.

"I'm going to go converse." I smiled and he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"So thats Luke." Sapphire said to me. I nodded.

"He is sweet." Then I felt a tap on my butt. I turned around and saw Jessica with James of course, those two were adorable. " Hey" I said to them and gave her a hug and James a fist bump.

"I'm going to meet some people." Sapphire said to me and I nodded.

"Hey so hows it going?" Jessica asked, I nodded.

"Great. You?" She nodded.

"Awesome." I laughed. Grace walked into our half group.

"Hey chica, hows it hanging?" I asked her. She made a face to make it look like she was contiplating.

"Down low and to the left." I laughed, same old Grace. She gave me a hug.

"Alright guys drinks are in the fridges around here just grab what you want." Jessica and James walked away but Grace stayed. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see it was Skit, Lukes friend; i have been hanging out alot with Luke and his friends the last couple of months. "Hey, skit." I turned to Grace. "Oh Grace this is Skit, Skit this is Grace." I pointed to each as i said their name.

"Hey. Nice to meet you." Skit said and took her hand in his, shaking it. I laughed at Graces face.

"You two kids have fun." I said and stepped away. I saw a familiar hair poof and walked up to him and hugged him from the back. "Hey you." I said as Nathan turned around. He gave me another hug; the normal way, i might add."

"I missed you." He said his eyes a little weird, something was wrong.

"Whats wrong?" I whispered in his ear. He leaned forward to whisper in my ear.

"Shes back, she is living in Pamela." I stood shocked. Omg. I gave him another hug.

"Are you alright?" I asked quickly. "We can always talk tonight when you sleep over." I said and he nodded. I knew that he wasnt going to have a good time at this party and i was going to spend most of it worried about him. I grabbed his hand and gave it a quick squeeze but walked away. I wanted to find Luke. He was sitting on the couch with a red solo cup, i figured it was just soda. I went over to him and sat on his lap. His hands traveled to my sides.

"hey." He said to me, the smell of alcohol seeping out of his lips. I stood up quickly giving him a look of disgust.

"You are drinking!" I said to him. He nodded stupidly.

"Dont be mad its a party." He said from his seat.

"No, what the hell you told me their was going to be no alcohol at this party!" I was a teenager who hated drinking and so did the rest of my friends.

"Babe, come on, we are teenagers." I shook my head.

"dont call me that. I am a teenager and I dont like drinking, i may seem stuck up but come on, my uncles have both been in jail from that stuff and my dad was an alcoholic." Nathan came up behind me and grabbed my arm. Dragging me away from the scene. I knew later i would be thankful that he did that. I turned back to Luke as I was getting dragged away. "We are over, thats what you get for lying to me." I said and I stormed out with Nathan. It seemed like a dramatic thing to do but He lied to me and was drinking. Nathan stopped when we were out in the street. He pulled me into a hug.

"Im proud of you, for yelling at him for drinking." I smiled. Me and Nathan walked back to my house for the night.

A/N

Bam! What? No more Luke and May? But why? Are they going to get back together? Who knows? What are your thoughts on underage drinking? Or drinking in general? Do you think May is going over the top by breaking it off with Luke because he was lying to her and drinking? Let me know.

Who is your favorite character in the book? Let me know and I will give them a little more time in the book so you can see them more often.

Let me know what you think in the comment section. The right side of the picture was what may was wearing but she isnt the girl in the picture.

Vote and Comment

Love Jas.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

35 2 6
Reese London has never lived the perfect life. Not a single day has gone by since that one fateful day that changed everything. Now she is without ho...
169K 4.9K 24
Lainey is considered the ugly fat friend who will never get a boyfriend that excepts her for who she is. Her best friend Iris on the other hand is ab...
9.9K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
1.1K 48 13
Harper Jones: A normal girl who just wants a normal high school life to the point that she moves from Georgia to Virginia to get that experience. Unf...