Kryptonite ;One Direction;

By willingtofall

When Christina Greenwell reconnects with childhood best friend Niall Horan, she didn't expect 4 boys to be wi... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Pilot
Chapter Two: Fabulous Six
Chapter Three: New Student Fever
Chapter Four: Settling In
Chapter Five: Unleashing The Fan Girls
Chapter Six: Formally Yours
Chapter Seven: The Morning After
Chapter Eight: Tricking Rather Than Treating
Chapter Nine: Fear Stricken
Chapter Ten: As Dawn Rises
Chapter Eleven: Awaken My Heart
Chapter Twelve: Dilemmas
Chapter Thirteen: Now What?
Chapter Fourteen: Gossip Fever
Chapter Fifteen: Attraction 101
Chapter Sixteen: Getting Down and Dirty
Chapter Seventeen: Working The Crowd
Chapter Eighteen: All The Girls
Chapter Nineteen: The First One Is The Worst One
Chapter Twenty: One-On-One
Chapter Twenty-One: Serenade Me
Chapter Twenty-Two: Working The Public
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dance Like We're On Fire
Chapter Twenty Four: Recognizable
Chapter Twenty-Five: Chances Worth Taking
Chapter Twenty-Six: Permission Needed
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Liar's Game
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Three's a Crowd
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Healing The Sick
Chapter Thirty: Not Like The Others
Chapter Thirty-One: Pleasing To The Eye
Chapter Thirty-Two: Breathless
Chapter Thirty-Three: Two Is Better Than One
Chapter Thirty-Four: I Want To Go Home
Chapter Thirty-Five; Party Of Five, Not Six
Chapter Thirty-Six: I Can't Wait Another Day
Chapter Thirty-Seven: My Reasons
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time-Bomb
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Time Lapse
Chapter Forty: A Very Merry Christmas
Chapter Forty- Two: Doppleganger
Chapter Forty-Three: Sick Little Games
Chapter Forty- Four: Complications
Chapter Forty- Five: Ringing In Hell
Chapter Forty-Six: There Are Worst Things I Could Do
Chapter Forty-Seven: His Girl Friday
Chapter Forty-Eight: Big Fat Liar
Chapter Forty-Nine: Gotta Be You
Chapter Fifty: Touch Me
Chapter Fifty-One: Double Standards
Chapter Fifty-Two: All The Wrong Answers
Chapter Fifty- Three: Redemption
Chapter Fifty- Four: Hell Week
Chapter Fifty- Five: Cold Feet
Chapter Fifty- Six: Curtain Call
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Kryptonite

Chapter Forty-One: Painful Partings

131K 898 256
By willingtofall

"Anyway the thing is, what I really mean, yours are the sweetst eys I've ever seen. And you can tell everybody, this is a song. It may be quite simple but now that's done. I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is, now you're in the world."

"Christina?" I reached over and turned off the radio. Just before I could call back to my mom, she peaked her head into my room. "Oh, good! You're actually here. I thought you were back at the hotel. How was it yesterday? I know it must've been hard for the boys to not be able to go home and see their families."

"Yea. They took it alright. They all had turns on skype, webcamming with their families. Louis sure does have a ton of sisters..." A tiny laugh escaped my lips as I crossed my legs, sitting criss-cross on my bed. My mom walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, my smile reflecting onto her expression. 

"That's good to hear. Did Niall tell you about his mum?"

"No?" My eyebrows pulled together in confusion. Was something wrong? It felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I couldn't bare to hear anything bad happened to my second mother. Mama Horan was one of the sweetest, caring ladies. She was a dear friend of mine, and the main reason Niall and I we're best friends.

"Oh, not like that!" She quickly corrected herself. "I mean, it's nothing bad. I just wanted to let you know that she invited me to go stay with her for a week and a half! She's been missing me dearly and we both decided that it wasn't fair that you got to see your bestie, and we couldn't see ours!"

"Mom, did you just use the word bestie?"

"Perhaps," she said cheekily.

"Stay off the internet." Our laughs harmonize, she shook her head with a bright smile now on her face. 

"I'll try my hardest. I was just wondering if it's okay that I go... I mean, you wouldn't be staying here all alone. She already talked to Niall and he talked to the boys, and they'd be more than happy to let you stay with them while I'm gone." Why didn't anyone tell me earlier? I mean, I wasn't mad or anything, I just wish someone given me the tiniest headsup. I wonder why Harry didn't mention it. Just the thought of Harry made my cheeks burn red. I could feel the ghost of his lips, soft and sweet.

"Mom, I'm fine with it. I want you to have the time of your life. But I hope you realize that this is on such short notice."

"I know, and I'm sorry-"

"I want cute sweaters."

"I already planned on it." The outer corners of her eyes crinkled slightly. With my lips pressed together, I gave her a warm smile. "You know I love you, right?"

"Of course. I love you too, Mom. You know that, right?" I mocked.

"Of course." She said playfully. "Alright, get your things. I still need to finish packing."

"Wait, when do you leave?"

"At 9."

"9?" I practically shrieked. "Tonight? You're leaving tonight? I thought you meant that you'd leave tomorrow or something. Not tonight!"

"Surprise?" Her smiled wavered as she stood up. I rolled my eyes but smiled anyways. I could never be truely angry at my mother. Besides, she needs a break from work, and myself. She could really use a change in scenery.

"Alright, let's go get you packed."

~

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure your okay with this? I can call her and say somethings come up. I don't want you to uncomfortable. Are you sure? Christina-" I held my hand up to cut my mother off. I just shook my head with a smile. 

"I want you to have so much fun. When you get back, you're telling me everything that happened. Go on, Mom. Harry should be here in 10 minutes. You don't want to be late for your flight." I picked up her suitcase, walking down the iron steps and to her car. I helped shuffle things in the trunk, making sure all her luggage fit. As I shut the trunk, her arms went around my neck again, embarcing me. "Mom," I laughed. "I love you so much. Have the time of your life."

"I love you, Chris." I pulled away, a soft smile on my face. My mother finally detached herself from me. She gave me a shaky smile as I guided her to the driver's side. With one last embrace, she situated herself. I closed the door and walked backwards, waving goodbye. It took her a second to compose herself, but she waved one last time and drove off. 

Like time was in my favor, a familiar red car pulled up after a minute. I was pulled out of my daze, my eyes snapping to the opening driver's door. A smile etched on my face as Harry's messy curls came into my vision. "Hey babe," he smirked.

"Hi, stud." I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Miss me?"

"Like you wouldn't believe." Harry walked up to me, grabbing me and planting a firm kiss on my lips. He pulled away and smiled at me, his eyes sparkling. It was like he knew how much he affected me, even with a tiny kiss. "Ready to go?" I nodded as he reached behind me and grabbed my small suitcase. "This is it?"

"Got a problem?"

"No. I'm just surprised... that's all." His eyelashes fluttered, my heart dropping into my stomach. "Most girls bring five suitcases. At least the girls I know."

"Then I'm not a girl you know," I tried to be as cheeky as possible as I walked past him, opening the passenger door and sliding in. Harry put my bag in the trunk before settling in the driver's side. 

"You're right. You're a complete mystery." His deep green eyes met mine for a second before he pulled his gaze away, returning his attention to the road. "I still can't believe you're up for staying with the boys for a week."

"Who said I was? I only found out this morning."

"Are you serious? No one told you before?"

"No. I wonder why," I tried to keep my voice light, though deep down there was a bit of accusation. It still made me curious as to why Harry wouldn't warn me, or show some sort of interest in it.

~

"New roomie!" Louis screeched the moment I walked into the door. Harry's laugh rang in my ears while a pair of arms went around my waist, pulling me into the air.

"Let me down!" I could hardly speak from laughing too hard.

"We're going to have so much fun! We can talk all night and do each other's hair-" Louis carried on.

"Enough ladies, you're blocking me from the gym." Liam rolled his eyes. Louis set me back on the ground. Just when I thought I was free, Liam pulled me in for a short hug. "Besides, she'll be too busy talking to me all night to even notice you." I shimmied out of his bear like grip, fleeing over to the couch Niall was on.

"And we have winner!" Niall screamed, throwing the controller down in triumphant while Zayn groaned. He turned to me, his eyes widening and a smile breaking onto his face. "Chris!" He quickly gave me a kiss on the cheek before picking his controller back up and continuing his on-going game with Zayn that lasted for hours.

The hours blurred together, the boys coming and going. I stayed in the living room with Zayn and Niall, watching them fight and scream profanities at each other. It was amusing, especially when I got to play since they'd clean up their act. Niall cheated sometimes, bumping into me so he could shoot at me better.

I was starting to feel better about spending a week here. I practically lived with them every other day, nothing was going to change if I saw them everyday, right? Just as my nerves started to settle down, the doorbell rang. Niall and Zayn didn't move to get it, too absorbed in killing the other's character first. "Guess I'll get it," I said to no one in particular. I got to my feet and crossed to the door. With my hand on the handle, Harry's voice flooded to my ears. I couldn't make out what he was saying as I pulled the door open. My smile wiping off my face, eyes widening at the person in front of me.

You have got to be kidding me.

--------

A/N: I'M SO SORRY GUYS! I AM SO UNBELIEVABLEY SORRY I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. My computer's graphic card has died on me (that's apple for you...) and I haven't had the opportunity to update! I'm actually on my best friend's computer right now. Anywho. If you're still reading this or following the story, I can't thank you enough. I love you so much. Please please PLEASE bare with me while I try to get a new computer and/or fix my old one so I can update. I have so many ideas I just need to get them published! Yes, I do plan on a sequel. And yes, I do plan on doing ANOTHER story completely unrelated to this in the distant future which I hope you all get the chance to read. This story is almost a year old. Oh my goodness. I should really finish it. But it's like my baby. I can't bare to see it grow up and finish, and I want everything I write to be perfect. 

Okay. So. Please just stay with me and I'm trying- I really am- trying to write more. I'm sorry for the unexpected haitus but I'll write when I can. Believe in me, because you are what keeps me going. I love you all so much. Till next time my dearies <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341 30 19
I'm not good at summaries but trust me it's a good fanfiction. Haley has never been nowhere near normal. She is very VERY wierd and quirky but she w...
1.1M 33.6K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
178K 1.6K 35
Like any serious love stories, most end in happiness. El thought she was in love. She had the perfect life: She was dating Harry Styles, from the fa...
260K 6.6K 71
At sixteen years old Aurora Wilson spent a few hours in her mother's cafe, with a trapped Harry Styles, his fans almost busting down the door to get...