Bad Obsession (Guns N' Roses:...

By Peggster123456

It's amazing how quickly perceptions can change. Melanie Buchanan was set in her ways believing that having a... More

Chapter 1: Who?
Chapter 2: Oh, There They Are
Chapter 4: Awkward
Chapter 5: Six Months Later
Chapter 6: Coffee Shop
Chapter 7: Just Izzy
Chapter 8: Mood Changes
Chapter 9: Daily Catch-Ups
Chapter 10: Violent Retches
Chapter 11: Random Box o' Tampons
Chapter 12: Couch Lovin'
Chapter 13: Spilt Milk
Chapter 14: I Have No Idea...
Chapter 15: No Point In Arguing With Deb
Chapter 16: Well That Was Fun...
Chapter 17: All By Myself
Chapter 18: You Need To Get a Thingy
Chapter 19: Have Fun Last Night?
Chapter 20: Who Can It Be Now?
Chapter 21: That's Just Axl For You...
Chapter 22: Sick Of You?
Chapter 23: The Party
Chapter 24: The Bitch
Chapter 25: Getting Out of the House
Chapter 26: Getting to Know You
Chapter 27: "It's Either Me Or the Dog"
Chapter 28: Coffee Tables, Pea Packs & Apologies
Chapter 29: The Door
Chapter 30: Run to You
Chapter 31: The MTV Night - Pt. 1
Chapter 32: The MTV Night - Pt. 2
Chapter 33: The MTV Night - Pt. 3
Chapter 34: And So the Stressing Begins
Chapter 35: New Year, More Trouble
Chapter 36: The Little Pink Stick
Chapter 37: High and Aggressive
Chapter 38: An Unexpected Turn of Events
Chapter 39: Rocky Road
Chapter 40: Counseling Time With Slash
Chapter 41: Time To Reconsider
Chapter 42: Resurrection
Chapter 43: Road to Recovery
Chapter 44: A Fresh Start
Chapter 45: Let's Make-Up
Chapter 46: Come On Eileen
Chapter 47: Steven
Chapter 48: The Start of the End
Chapter 49: Ball and Chain
Chapter 50: The Phone Call
Chapter 51: They're Here
Chapter 52: "I Will"
Chapter 53: Good Morning
Chapter 54: Rock in Rio - Pt. 1
Chapter 55: Rock in Rio - Pt. 2
Chapter 56: Rock in Rio, Pt. 3
Chapter 57: Perfect Timing
Chapter 58: Mayhem
Chapter 59: Riot
Chapter 60: Black Out
Chapter 61: Talk
Chapter 62: Under the Stage
Chapter 63: Numb
Chapter 64: Mannheim, Germany
Chapter 65: Betrayed
Chapter 66: Rip It Off Like a Band-Aid
Chapter 67: Guilt - Pt. 1
Chapter 68: Guilt - Pt. 2
Chapter 69: Guilt - Pt. 3
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 3: Ripley

5.9K 173 167
By Peggster123456

Izzy's P.O.V.

I was speeding along the concrete streets, the shops, and people on the sidewalk a complete blur. Ripley, my dog, was jumping around in the back seat of my sports car and she kept licking my ear.

"Ripley! Get down! Sit!" I yelled. She immediately sat back down and looked guiltily up at me, and I kind of melted right there. "Oh Ripley, I'm sorry, bub." Straight away she wagged and jumped back up again. I could feel a smile creep onto my face and when I looked back at the road I was nearly off it completely.

"FUCK!"

I swerved quickly completely cutting off the person behind me and I could hear him beep his horn and yell out his window, cursing or some shit.

I was feeling a little too jumpy because I think I might have taken a little too much crack before we would start to film. I hate being in front of cameras, I don't like touring that much and most of all; I hate interviews. Some sad-sack in front of me, nervous that he's talking to a "rock star", flitting about trying to keep me interested and involved in his pathetic questions he has to ask for some shitting magazine that he worked for.

I tried to clear my head and began to think where the fuck we would be filming this clip. Some room somewhere right next to the ocean or something. I eventually took a random turn and slowed down; looking at each place I passed looking for some sign of life (people with cameras and the guys' cars and shit). The paranoia started to kick in again and subconsciously I pressed my foot on the pedal going heaps faster again. Suddenly, in a blur, I could work out Slash's black Porsche parked at the side of some fancy building. Obviously, that has to be the place. Without slowing down, I took a dramatic turn and swerved into the car park making Ripley in the back tumble around.

"Sorry!" I said while laughing like a maniac as I thought about what my dog had just experienced.

I pulled to a stop and brought Ripley onto my lap with a thud.

"Now, I know how much you hate leads, but you'll have to put up with one for a second," I said struggling to attach the lead to her collar. 

She squirmed a little but eventually put up with it. I opened the door with her jumping out immediately with so much force she pulled me out of the car. I could just manage to grab my sunglasses and close the door without dying as Ripley pulled me to Slash's car. She sniffed it recognising the smell of it (because dogs are bloody smart like that) and she pulled me inside.

I saw cameramen scattered around the place and our playing area had been set up with our band's logo strung up as a massive backdrop. Ripley was still jumping around until something caught her eye and changed her goal to find Slash and she bolted in the opposite direction. I honestly couldn't give more of a shit and I was way too tired to keep her next to me, so I idiotically let go of the lead and she bounded towards something. I slid on my sunglasses and looked over in the direction she sprinted in and I saw her suddenly jump on someone, completely knocking them to the ground. Shit! I immediately ran over as fast as I could, trying to dodge things (which is a lot harder than you think when you're high, plus it's dark since I had my sunglasses on) and I saw Ripley licking some chick's face that she had just knocked down to the ground. I bend down pushing Ripley off, grabbing her to my side trying to settle her down, and I slid off my sunglasses randomly chucking them aside and I studied this girl's face, hoping she hadn't split her head open or anything.

She didn't look like anyone you'd find in Vogue magazine. She had a bit of a plain face, but she had the most interesting shade of golden blonde hair that was flung onto one side of her face. I gently pushed some strands to the side showing her other side of her face. She had her eyes closed until she jolted them open and she sat up, but as she sat up, and she nearly mashed her face into mine, but I dodged out of the way in time. She blinked a few times and began to blush when she saw me seriously looking at her.

Melanie's P.O.V.

My thoughts came to a clear and I flung my eyes open and sat up with no warning. Little did I know, I had some dude right over the top of me, and when I sat up, our faces nearly collided. I thought I might have heard him mutter 'shit' or something as he quickly dodged out of the way. I could feel my face getting hot as I saw heaps of people including the band, all... staring at me.

"Um, are you okay? Sorry about that. She gets a little too excited sometimes..." I heard the slender guy that was just over the top of me that had the dog with him when he came in. 

I turned to look at him.

"Yeah I'm fine, I think. Just try to use your muscles next time and not let go of your dog's lead."

As soon as I said that, the whole room burst out laughing and I heard a few comments like "yeah, listen to the woman, Izzy" amongst some other things. Everyone moved away then and got back to setting up. Except this dude was still kneeling next to me.

"Yeah, as I said, I'm sorry. Sometimes I think my dog gets more distracted than I do..." He looked quite embarrassed once he said that and he tried to cover up but standing and holding his hand out to me to help me get up.

I suddenly remembered that this guy was the last member of the band. He was sort of attractive with a slender face and body, with a rock-mop with a fringe that slightly covered his eyes. He had dark eyes; no doubt he was probably hungover, coked out and tired, and I think he knew this since he slid his sunglasses back on, and suddenly he started to walk away with his dumb dog by his side.

I straightened my clothes and brushed off some dust.

"Yeah, I'm fine though by the way" I yelled out to him.

He turned around quickly and he straightened his lips in an attempt to acknowledge my comment (I think) and continued to walk off. I stood there for a moment watching him catching up with his band and chatting. Some members patted his dog as the others got their instruments ready.

What a cheery and totally not sulky bloke... I thought sarcastically.

"You alright to start, kid?" I turned around and saw Paul with a sympathetic smile. "You took quite a flogging there..."

"Yeah, I'm alright. That just gives me another reason not to like dogs." I said bluntly and a little louder so he could hear.

"Alrighty. Well, you'll be with Chris on the main camera "he motioned over to the front of the stage set to a large camera sitting on tracks with a chair and a stand attached to it. "You can have the job of sitting and keeping the camera focused so you don't have to expel that much energy, and Chris'll be swinging the camera around slowly."

*

I spent roughly 4 hours sitting on my arse keeping one eye through a camera lens looking at the scrubby rockers performing the same song over and over again, and the whole crew and band were all wearing out. Although I was very impressed that 'Guns N' Roses' actually performed the song to get the clip as realistic as possible. I think I remember the main singer mentioning that he didn't want to look like a twat lip-syncing the clip. We shot different angles and two separate shots of black and white film and colour, and at about 7 pm we finally finished. But I did notice that in between shots, I saw the guy with the dog often glancing over at me. I couldn't really read his expression very well since he kept his bloody sunglasses on all day, and it kind of annoyed me he kept looking at me. I thought quickly and hoped he wasn't getting any ideas, besides thinking about apologising to me...

"Alright, guys, that's finally a wrap!" Paul yelled as everyone groaned in relief. "The crew can pack up tomorrow because I'm sure none of us can be fucked to pack up now." Some of us laughed as we all flooded the exit and walked out into the balmy daylight savings afternoon.

I heard a loud dog bark and I spun around and saw the same bloody dog rushing towards me. Right behind it, I saw the owner stumbling and struggling while he yelled obscenities at it. He finally caught up with it before it hit me and he grabbed its collar stopping it straight in its tracks.

He looked sheepishly at me. "I used my muscles this time" he yelled over all of the car engines starting up and zooming off to escape. 

I just rolled my eyes and glared at his dog as it jumped about wagging its tail and slobbering everywhere. 

"I think she really likes you though..."

Why was he so chatty all of a sudden? "It's a bitch? God, you'd think they way it- she acted it was un-neutered male!" I said trying to sound cold.

"I swear she has ADHD or something" He smirked as he patted his pooch.

We stood there awkwardly together as we watched his dog.

"What's her name?" I finally asked.

"Ripley, after Sigourney Weaver in-"

"Alien," we both said at the same time. "Interesting name dude," I said uninterested. He just smiled.

"Well, I'm going home now. I guess I might see you around..." I drifted off wanting to really get out of there because I was tired and bored plus I had a movie that was starting on TV soon, but he must have thought I was waiting for his name because he randomly said:

"Izzy. I'm Izzy..."

I sighed in my head. I better be polite, but I don't know why. He was probably a moody druggie in reality.

"Melanie" I stuck out my hand for him to shake but he denied.

"If I take one hand off her lead she'll take off like there's no tomorrow probably."

"Oh, okay. Well, see you around." I turned on my heel with a slight wave and as I was making my way to my car, I heard a car door slam and footsteps running up behind me. I turned around and saw Mr. Izzy jogging towards me, with no dog until I looked behind him and saw a car with his dog inside of it going ballistic.

"Wait!" he yelled. As he approached me, he actually took off his sunglasses and his tired eyes looked straight at me and burnt holes into my eyes his stare was so direct. I just stood there not really knowing what to do. "As an apology since I was a bit of a dick before, did you want to go for a drink or something?" he asked seriously.

Well, fuck. Quickly I shot back.

"Oh, no thanks. I'm hanging out for a movie on TV later tonight and it starts soon, so I better be going. See you later." I turned around and hurried to find my keys in my high waisted, acid wash jean's pocket.

"Hey, wait a second." I felt a soft grip on my wrist.

"Please. I realise I was a shit before; let me make it up to you. I'm was coming down."

Ah, drug slang.

"No, man, it's alright. I forgive you." I turned back around and broke free of his loose grip and stuck the keys in my car door.

"Hey, why are you in such a hurry?" He grabbed my hand and spun me around. He moved close to me so we were face to face, but I was looking up at him since I was kind of short.

So, so far, this guy had two moods, drugged up and sulky, and suddenly sexy and direct. I felt something go through me as I looked up at his serious face with a hint of mischief, and soon the nerves rushed over me. I quickly looked down at my feet.

He knew he had me...

"Come on, one drink Melanie. It'll help me sleep at night" he joked. I slowly trailed my eyes up his body; he was wearing old, dirty once-used-to-be-white sneakers, tight black jeans, and a fitted black, three-quarter length-sleeved top. As I reached his face, I noticed he was wearing a pair of simple ring sized, gold earrings. They actually suited him.

I studied his face as he studied mine and I eventually gave in with a smirk,

"One drink," I said holding up one finger.

Suddenly, a voice broke our concentration.

"Hey, Mel."

It was James' voice. What the hell was he still doing here?

Wait... I think I can "use" James here in this situation...

"Oh, Izzy, this is James - my boyfriend."

Hey guys!!! I've finally updated!

What do you think Melanie's got up her sleeve? ;)

I hope there's not too many typos... It's like 3:50am but it's the weekend so who cares. It's been fun writing this chapter whilst listening to Alice Cooper's 'Poison' on repeat.

I still can't believe how quickly Wattpad reacted to this book! It's incredible!!!!! Love you guys! 

Anyway,

Read, vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 2K 30
•Idea taken from my short-lived Duff fic titled "Don't Stand So Close to Me", a story named after the Police song of the same name.• Guns N'Roses is...
311 0 30
- I truly believe that soulmates will always end up together. No matter how much love got lost, no matter how much distance there was, if it's meant...
85.6K 765 48
One shots including single/few/all five original members of Guns N' Roses: Izzy Stradlin (i.s.) Duff McKagan (d.m.) Axl Rose (a.r.) Slash (s.h.) Ste...
858 23 12
Who is Axl Rose? "He's an odd guy." -Izzy "To be honest, he probably doesn't live in the same world as you and me." -Duff "He means no harm; it's ju...