Fairies & Samurais (Hiatus)

By 335booklover

Cover made by @QueenCamaron Original title: The Shining Sun's Lost Descendant ... More

NYC
New School, New Friends
Discover Sudden Secrets
Samurais?
Nice To Meet You
Leaders Of Different Perspectives
Falling For You
Buddy's Hangout
Vengeance Shall Be Mine
Hallucination
Angry But Broken
Clues
Magic & Swords
Giving A Book
Unknown Feelings
Memory
Those Ocean Eyes
Conflicted
Bombshell
Vulnerability
Forest
Silent Suffer - Part I
Silent Suffer - Part II
Confess Now
Break-in
What You See Hurts So Much
How Can You Tell?
One Day
Cheesy and Dead Eyes
Running
Mangetsu ni aimashō
Like A Siren

Saw Something Peculiar

96 24 12
By 335booklover

After being in the plane for five hours and an hour of driving, the family finally arrived at their new house. They unloaded everything from the moving van and brought their belongings into their own rooms.

Raziella sighed relieved as she put the final box of her belongings in her room as she helped out her parents who are arranging the furniture. Few hours later, the parents approached to their daughters.

"Okay, girls. Your father and I need to go for our job interview. We'll be back before 8. In case we're late, there's food in the fridge," Cella said while putting the strap bag over her shoulder.

"Okay, mom," Rubia said bluntly.

"See you later," Raziella said.

With that, she closed the door on her way out.

Rubia then took out her cellphone while heading to her new room.

"Okay, Ziella. Just do whatever you want. I'm gonna be in my room."

As she said that, she closed the door room. Hours passed til early evening, Raziella was sitting at her computer desk, doing her revision. It's her usual habit of her to do. She looked at her clock and it showed 4:30. Giving a sigh, she looked out from her window to see people walking along the street.

'They've been gone for too long. Maybe I should explore the city for a while,' She thought.

With that, she grabbed her jacket and her phone to go. She then told her sister for permission to go.

"Ruby! I'm going out for a while."

"6Okay, don't be too long."

She walked out of the house with the door shut. She was checking out the stores and buildings. It was way different than California even though both of them are city like. Except the fact that New York is bit colder and...well, bit gloomy and noisy.

She then spotted several teenagers around her age were breakdancing in the alley. The sky was turning from cloudy blue to reddish orange, showing it's evening. The lamp street turned on and some people were coming out from the subway entrance, going back to their home from work.

'Well, the city isn't this bad. Minus the chills and noisiness. But the stores were okay and Times Square was a great place to go. I should go home. It's getting late.'

Before she could go, something caught her eyes. She noticed something flashing on a building not so far away from her. It was flashing different colors that showed green, blue, purple, brown and red. She got curious and confused. To her, seeing things that were strange gives her the feeling to investigate.

'What's going on that building?? Gotta find out!'

With that, she was running to that building like her life depends on her while passing strangers in her way. Running few blocks ahead of her, she finally reached where the strange flashing lights took place. She was looking around in the alley to find an equipment to climb on until she spotted a fire ladder. She pulled down and climbed up. Just as soon as she reached the top, there was nothing but a water tank standing and broken crates in the corner.

Her head was full of confusion. She just saw weird lights, the next minute, it was nothing.

'But I thought I saw-.',

She saw a sparkling like glitters on the ground. She was curious to see weird kind of glitters because it glows different tones of color.

'This looks fascinating. Gotta keep it for investigate.'

With that, she some of it and put in her pocket. She then noticed weird markings on the ground. She recognized too well because she had seen it before.

Raziella thought, 'Is this...kanji?? I've read about this language in a book back in California. Better take a picture of this.'

She took out her phone and snapped a picture of it. She realized it was getting late so she ran back but before that, she heard yelling from afar as she turned around to see few shadowy figures were doing parkour.

'They can do that too???' Raziella said with a surprised look, "Whoa."

She then managed to take a picture of them as it only showed one of them jumping in a blurry motion and she ran back to the fire ladder. Unknowingly, green emerald eyes sees her before vanished into the shadows.

She ran back to her house as she opened the door and heard Ruby was talking with her friends from California through video call.

"Ruby! You won't believe what I just saw!"

Just before she enter her room, she heard what Ruby was talking about.

"Girls! I don't wanna hear some stupid nonsense from her! Sure, she's my little sister and a bit maturer than me but sometimes, her head is always in the cloud. But I feel pity for her though," Rubia explained while rubbing her forehead.

Raziella felt a little hurt from what her sister said but it's true. She was diagnosed with an illness called psychosis. After waiting for her sister to end the video call, she came into the room.

"Hey, Ruby!" Raziella greeted with a fake smile.

"Oh. Hi, Ziella. So, how's the city??" Rubia asked.

"It's fine. The stores and cafes were....great," she replied.

"Awesome. Now, I'm gonna read some magazines. So if you mind, would you kindly leave the room and closed the door on your way out? Thanks," she said that while patted her sister's head before closing her door again.

Raziella decided to go to her room to do research. She sat on her chair as she was typing on her keyboard. Within a few seconds, it showed several headlines that said 'Weird Sightings in Big Apple'. It stated the date was recently three months ago.

She then clicked the image section and it showed a picture of a blurry figure which showed a strange creature flying in the clouds high in the sky. Her face lit a surprised look. Before she can continue her research, a voice called out.

"Hello, Rose."

'Crud. They're home!'

As she turned off her computer, she walked down the stairs to greet her with a smile.

"Hi, mom. So, how did the interview go?? Did they accept??" she asked.

"Luckily, they did. And starting tomorrow, you and Ruby will go to a new school. They have a good reputation and it's just a few blocks away from here.", she smiled.

With that, she showed a photo of her new school with grand structure and flag pole flying.

"Canderson High??"

"Mm-hm.", she responded with a smile.

'Well, it's not bad.' "Okay, mom."

"Wanna come down for dinner??"

"It's fine."

With that, Cella left her room as she closed the door. She sighed heavily as she thought about what she saw the strange event on the building. She doesn't really care about what her sister said. Sure, she acted maturer than Ruby but she sometimes experienced short-term hallucinations.

Outside her window, she didn't notice something is not right. Four shadowy figures were standing in front of the bright moon and green emerald eyes were set on her before jumping on to another building.

After she changed her clothes into sleeping outfit, she laid down on her bed with a thought going on inside her head.

'Today's been a bit weird. If only mom find a school some other time, I could do some more research about the weird sightings. It's just. . .I wish I can meet them in person. Well, Rose. Tomorrow you've got a big day. New school means making new friends.'

With that, she turned off the lamp next to her and drifted to sleep. Meanwhile, at the same time but a different place, a person was laying on his bed with eyes open.

'God! I can't believe we've been almost spotted! But that girl seems cute...wait-what! What am I thinking?!?! It's not like I will meet her. But maybe someday, I wish I can see her in person.'

With that, he turned off the lamp switch next to him and drifted to sleep.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Love it? Give a vote and comment
Don't forget to share it with your friends too👍😉
Hope you enjoy it, love you mwah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 284 29
Tamara Swift again finds herself thrown into an obscure reality, but this time she lands far from the sanctuary of Kai Province. Struggling to cope i...
82 0 36
Years ago humans were slaves to dragons and other magical creatures called Shinri. They won their freedom in a great battle and were given land to se...
44 1 6
**Collaboration with my friend, @Vast18rose** **Set prior to "Navigating Gently: A New Adventure" written by @Vast18rose. This book is like a Prologu...
1.1M 43.9K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...