Two Hearts in a Cold Street

By heoltrouble

Two souls would never far away from each other, they said. But what if there's two old souls couldn't recogn... More

The Casts
1. Hi~
2. Curious Cat
3. Telling Friend
4. Catching Feeling
5. No, no, no
6. Encouragement
7. Doodle Club
8. Sweetener
9. A Night To Remember
10. Us
11. After
12. Distraction
13. Friends
15. Coincidence
16. Q and A
17. Mitchell's Birthday Surprise
18. It was okay
19. You, again
20. Pain(t)ball
21. Competition
22. I heard here and there
23. Between Men
24. Family Dinner
25. Begging
26. An Uninvited Cupid
27. New Friend
28. It's a Date
29. Dean's Story
30. Progress?
31. Well..
32. He's here!

14. Time Ticking

27 4 0
By heoltrouble

"You what?" My voice tone slightly rose.

"You heard me, I have to move to Canada due my job, but I'll definitely let it slip if you like me just like how I like you more than friend. Long distance relationship isn't my forte." He explained in frustration.

"But, why?" I could sense my voice get shaky, the more I think about it the more I find Seunghyun was being ridiculous.

"What?" He asked back as if I said something stupid.

"Why would you drop the opportunity to go abroad? Only for me?" Did he not realize that he's being unreasonable, how could he?

"What do you mean?"

"Seunghyun, you have bright future ahead. And you consider to drop it off if I wanted to be your girlfriend? Just because you can't bear the distance? Are you out of your mind?"

I didn't care if it sounded harsh, but I needed to get him back to his sense. He just can't let his life crumble only for me, for God sake!

"Seunghyun, even if we dated I still want you to go. To reach your dream, do you know how I feel when you actually drop this opportunity only for me? I feel ashamed of myself."  I stressed out in every words, channeling my frustration. 

"Charlie."

Nothing could be upset me more than the fact that how low Seunghyun think about me, that I will let him kill his dream. I'm not that selfish and self centered like that, I couldn't endure my anger little longer. I needed him to go before I regret what I would say.

"I don't want to discuss anything with you. You need to get back to your sense, I'm actually hate myself right now for making you considerate something reckless like that. Please go, Seunghyun."

I knew I wasn't handling it right, I was too emotional, maybe selfish too. But never once crossed in my head that Seunghyun can be so impulsive like that. I think I knew him, Seunghyun who was mature, kind and I respect him a lot. But once again the reality hit me, I didn't know him at all.

------

"Hey, you okay?" Harvey nudged me gently, I must be in dazed for quite long time. 

I was still holding an empty paper cup that should've filled with hot chocolate, but instead of doing it, I sat still on my seat at the hotel restaurant, letting my mind wander around about almost a month ago since my last encounter with Seunghyun,

After his sudden confession and dropping bomb session a month ago, while me being so upset because his ridiculous act, had no other choice other than demand him to leave. I haven't heard anything about him since then, except Dongwook's little information that Seunghyun left for good a week ago.

He probably got hurt by my choice of words, but I'm actually glad by the fact that he's off to Canada for better future of him.  I wish all the best that could possibly happen in his life. I really do.

"Yeah?" I quickly put my paper cup back on the table and gave Harvey an awkward smile, "Just little bit dizzy."

"Nunna, you make me worry more than the competition itself. You look like a puppy who just got hit." He said half joking. Harvey has always been sweet to me and the others, the one who smile a lot, and nice to everyone. He's kind of little brother that you would wish to never grow up because he's too cute and pure. 

"Indeed, poor puppy." Donghae came in the view, "and this is for a sick puppy." he put cup of drink on the table right in front of me, which was thankfully a hot chocolate.

"Now that's settle, sick puppy get her drink, it's my turn to be fed. I'm hungry and need food for my growth period." 

I smiled at Harvey's remark, then three of us joined the other to get our food before the event start. We were all at Seoul for Doodle Competition, it will start at 11 am, meaning that we still have for hours left to eat and prepare everything.

We're all excited for the event, though winning wasn't the only intention, I still can sense how hard they prepare. As the time ticking, the determine and competitiveness atmosphere arise within us.

Mitchell was starter, as everyone expected he draws weird shape, the one that he has never draw in practice session. I didn't know how he gains attention, but the audience especially girls actually cheering for him and get out of control, the girls who mostly high school girl were cheering half screaming every single time his face appears on the big screen. But it wasn't actually happen only for Mitchell, because once the screen showed Harvey then Toby and the other good looking guy from another teams as well. Sure it was quite few for me too, good looking guy who can draw or literally has thing with art is attractive. 

Despite the cheering and chanting get louder, the competitiveness was clearly shown. I've never imagined that doodle competition can be nerve wrecking like this, serious faces, tense shoulders. Who knows that doodle which look fun can be turned into war?

"What exactly the crucial point to win, oppa?" I asked in curiosity to Dongwook.

"Theme and team work." he answered quickly but his eyes still focus on the big screen, watching them closely.

I hadn't  said anything as come back yet but Dongwook continued as if he knew what I was going to ask next.

"When you get competitive, you tend to be selfish as you try really hard to prove that you're the best. Same goes on this competition, once you can't control yourself, your drawing taking turn to control you, not the other way around as it should be." 

Finally I got it why Harvey didn't use all his unique style, why Mitchell looked calculating in every his line, the way Toby keep mumbling to himself, he probably telling himself to not over board with his power. 

"They will win." I blurted out, it might our very first competition but I have faith on them, their talent and teamwork could bring us as winner this year.

"They will, especially when those team messing up. Big chance." He pointed out the other team, who has been a solid winner for three years straight.  

----

The first preliminary round has ended at 7 pm, starting from 100 teams and nearly half of it left to move to the second round tomorrow. Our team did great, we're in top ten of the chart which is something that we wished for. Everyone in a good mood and decided to go dinner before explore Seoul in the night. 

"Where do you want to go?" Tobby asked us when we almost finished our meals.

"Club will be fun." Harvey piped in, followed by nod an agreement from the boys.

"There's famous club in Itaweon that my cousin suggested for us to visit." Mitchell added.

"You have family at Seoul? Really?" Donghae seemed surprise, actually all of us. We never heard about it before since Mitchell mostly talks about his parents. We've always think that he's only by himself in Korea.

"Of course, hyung. He probably the same age as you, my cousin from Dad's line." he explained.

"Okay, good. How about you girls?" Tobey met my eyes and I looked at Jihyo for her answer. Because I knew by heart that Minah would join Tobey and the boys, plus Donghae would make Wendy join too. So it remained me and Jihyo who haven't know yet what we want to do after dinner.

"I want to go to the club too." Jihyo said shyly not like an usual. "how about you, unnie?"

Suddenly all they eyes laid on me, waiting my final answer. Spending time with them surely will be fun, but when I think about club, loud music, crowd and the smoke.. I already felt exhausted. After this long day, I just want to lay down on bed and having snacks.

"I'll just want to lay down on bed, but need to stop at minimarket, shopping for snacks." I grinned, telling them the exact thing I want to do then they all looked at me as if I grew two heads.

"Oh, come on." Brandon shook his head in disapproval.

"Unnie, you have to come with us." now it's Wendy's turn to complain.

"Nunna you're no fun." Harvey gave me side eye, followed by Mitchel mouthing words 'loser' in mocking way to me.

"Charlie, let's having fun tonight."  Minah insisted.

"I'm really tired, guys. We still have few days though, promise I'll join you on the second visit." I said cheerily, I'd love to go there but not tonight and crossed finger that they'll go to that club again.

"This sick puppy is really something else."  Donghae commented after chugging down his whole cola.

"Let's not bothering her, Charlie has an old and reckless body so let her rest." Dongwook retord playfully and I sticking out out my tongue at him.

We all laughed, at the end everyone back in their great mood and agree that we should enjoy our night as what we wanted. The girls offered to stay at the hotel with me but I refused, it wasn't fair for them if I keep them to accompany me. After few arguments and my persuasion, they finally give up and promise to call any of them if I need something which put me in doubt because I'm sure I'll be in dreamland as soon as my body hit the bed.

Dongwook squeezed my shoulder gently as we decided to split up our direction, "Call me whenever you want to join, I'll pick you up." 

I gave him thumb up then grinned, "Thank you, oppa. Have fun there, I'll be fine."

"I'll see you later, unnie." Wendy hugged me briefly before flew in excitement, following the others.

"Enjoy the night, guys. See you later!" I waved at them, feeling relieved. Little that I know later, I wouldn't like how my night ended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 4.5K 23
wherein a girl cursed with immortality meets another cursed soul. © FLAUVIER 2021 ENHYPEN FANFIC NAR...
14.4K 910 31
Love always happened in an unexpected ways, and some will always end in such luck. Sometimes, it's not about falling in love at first sight; rather...
13.8K 640 56
Ever wondered how would Lee Rang be of he was a human? Would he find love? This is the story of Lee Rang x OC where they both found love in each othe...
217 23 11
Two wandering souls are waiting for someone to come and sweep them off their feet after their breakups. Can they find each other?