Switched Up

By perksof_being_payton

We all know the story of how Sang and the Blackbourne Team met. But what if, Sang had never tried to run awa... More

Prologue- Rewritten
Chapter 1- Rewritten
Chapter 2-Rewritten
Chapter 3- Rewritten
A Report- Rewritten
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A Report
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New Story
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Rewriting
Chapter 40

Chapter 16

6.8K 420 150
By perksof_being_payton

Corey's P.O.V.

"Sang? What's wrong?"

Sang begins talking too fast for me to understand, "Sang, I need you to breathe and calm down."

I hear her rapid breathing begin to slow down, "There was a fight. They were bullying somebody because they thought he was gay. I got involved. The Vice Principal is a total creep and I'm getting suspended. They are calling home and my Mom is actually going to kill me. What do I do?"

I obviously want to know what all of that means, but now is not the time to ask. I quickly form a plan, "Sang, you trust me right?"

"Yes," she says without any hesitation.

"I'm going to have to hang up, but I'm going to take care of it. You are going to be fine."

"Alright," she says, sounding confused.

I tell her goodbye and get to work. I redline Axel, who obviously answers immediately.

        "Corey, what's wrong?"

        "Axel, I don't have time to explain. I'm currently intercepting a call and it's going to go to your phone. You are going to pretend to be Richard Sorenson."

       Without any hesitation, Axel says, "Alright. But I am expecting an explanation later."

      He hangs up as I mutter, "So am I."

      The call finally goes through and I work fast to have it transferred to Axel.

I really hope this works, for Sang's sake.

Sang's P.O.V.

After I finish the call, I sit and wait. I'm worried, but Corey told me he will take care of it. I don't know how he can take care of this, but I trust him.

While I'm waiting, Luke walks up. He sits down and smiles at me sadly, "How are you doing?"

"Could be better. Why aren't you in class?"

"Gabriel texted us all."

He looks unsure, but says, "Look, nobody is going to say it because we are all a little pissed about the situation. Some more than others. Silas is holding North back right now," he laughs awkwardly, "But thank you for helping Gabriel. I wish you hadn't put yourself into that situation and I will say that Gabriel could have fought back. But, deep down, all of us know he wouldn't have. He's heard this his stuff his entire life. He gave up defending himself a long time ago."

My heart hurts at Luke's words. It's not fair. From the little time I've spent with the guys, I've gotten a glimpse of Gabriel's passion for the things he loves. He doesn't deserve this.

"There's no need to thank me," I tell him truthfully.

He nods, "Yes, there is. You got hurt, for somebody you barely know."

We both stay silent for a moment before Luke asks, "How much trouble are you in?"

I sigh, "Suspended for the rest of the week."

He gapes at my words, "What about the guys that started this?"

"Detention for the rest of the week."

"That's bullshit!," he exclaims.

I nod, before I mutter, "The whole thing is unfair."

I'm not saying I shouldn't be in trouble. But I was only defending Gabriel.

I would do it again.

Realization crosses Luke's face, "It was Mr. McCoy who talked to you?"

I nod.

"Why would the Vice Principal be giving these punishments? It seems like something the Principal would handle," he says, more to himself than me, "Sang, did something happen in there with McCoy?"

I grow uncomfortable.

"Well... um.... yeah. I mean-," he cuts me off.

"What happened? Did he do something?"

Before I can answer, Mr. McCoy steps out.

His eyes trail over Luke dismissively before he turns to me, "Ms. Sorenson, your father is on the way to get you."

I nod and pick my book bag up as I stand.

Luke stands as well and puts himself between Mr. McCoy and I.

     The tension in the air is palpable as Luke begins nudging me away.

      When Luke deems the distance between us is good enough, he sighs, "Don't want to keep your Dad waiting. We can talk later. You want me to walk you?"

I shake my head, "No. He's not going to be happy with me, so it's better I do this alone."

      He nods and we part ways.

      I begin to walk out of the building. Dread begins to fill me, making my stomach churn and leaving me slightly nauseous. I'm truly dead when my Mother gets her hands on me.

     I search for my Dad's car and come up empty.

     Instead, I see a car that looks a lot like Axel's.

     When the passenger window rolls down, I see that it actually is Axel.

     I walk over, "What are you doing here?"

      He shrugs, "Oh you know, just picking up my daughter who just got suspended."

     My jaw drops, "How- how did you guys do that?"

    His face turns serious, "We'll discuss that later. Right after we discuss your day today. You have a lot of explaining to do."

—————————-

     Axel took me home and waited with me until the familiar bus rolled up. I then walked in with Marie to make it look like I just got home. Marie didn't question it.

      Dad wasn't home and Mother was passed out.

      I changed and promptly snuck back out, running back to Axel's car.

     He took me to Sergeant Jasper where the other four were waiting. 

       Which catches us up to now. I look at the five boys in front of me, silently waiting for me to begin.

      "Alright," I begin, "Today was fine, up until Gym, which was my last class of the day. I was going to get a schedule change, when I heard a group of guys picking on somebody. I went to investigate and they were ganging up on this guy who's in a couple of my classes. They thought he was gay and were teasing him for it. I intervened and tried to stop them, but I ended up making things worse. It was four against two and so I... got out the stun gun Raven got me, which eventually got them to leave us alone."

     Four faces turned to look at Raven accusingly. The boy in question just grinned and announced, "I've never been harder!"

      Corey blushes, "Prouder! You've never been prouder!" I'm confused at what that is about, but don't question it.

      Raven winks at me, "Ya znayu chto ya skazal" (I know what I said).

      Something in his tone makes me blush, but I don't have time to decipher what he means before the others begin accusing him.

"Maybe you shouldn't have gotten that for her," Corey says.

"A stun gun? Really Raven?," Brandon asks.

Raven hold his arms up defensively, "I got it so she can defend herself. That's what it did, isn't it not?"

     "Hey, it's not his fault. His intentions were good. It was me. I didn't mean to disappoint you guys," I tell them, looking at my feet.

      I feel like I have let them down somehow.

       "You didn't disappoint us," Axel tells me firmly, "Look at Raven's face. That is certainly not the face of somebody who is disappointed."

     Raven's still grinning and Axel continues, "I know I'm proud of you, as are my brothers. You did a good thing. Maybe, next time, just don't bring a stun gun to school."

     I nod, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders. They aren't mad at me.

       Brandon adds, "And maybe, keep yourself from anymore fights this year."

     I nod, "I think I can do that."

     "I have a question," Marc pipes in.

     I tilt my head at him, wondering what he wanted to know.

       "Why were you getting your schedule changed? I thought you liked your classes?"

     I laugh awkwardly, "Well, my Vice Principal is my teacher for Study Hall and he makes me a tad... uncomfortable. So I was looking to see where to switch."

       Raven's happy face drops and his eyes darken. Corey and Marc look concerned. Brandon's face turns to a mixture of concern and anger. Axel's face doesn't change, but I see his jaw clench ever so slightly.

      "What do you mean he made you uncomfortable, Sang?," Axel asks.

      "I mean, he was just a bit too touchy and he made some strange comments."

        "He touched you? Where did he touch you?," Raven growls out.

          "Just my shoulders and hair. He also put my hand on his pants and said if I helped him out, he wouldn't suspend me."

      Raven is practically seething and the rest of the guys seem to share his anger now.

       Raven stands and begins yelling in Russian while the others try to yell over him.

    Suddenly, they are able to calm him and they all seem to communicate with their eyes like I've seen them do before.

      Without another word, Raven storms out of the apartment.

       I jump as I hear the slam of the door, leaving me to wonder where he went.

———————-
So we get to see the Professional Russian in action next chapter, which I'm very excited.

    Also, now Sang is going to start spending time with the Blackbourne Team. I'm probably going to have Sang spend time with more than one at a time since there is more of them. Who would you guys like to see first?

     Hope you guys enjoyed! Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
118K 4.8K 36
What if Sang was kidnapped once more by Volto? By the time that the boys find her, Volto has beaten Sang into a coma. She wakes up two weeks later w...
90.5K 7.5K 104
They all thought I'd abandoned them. I'd turned my back on the only people who truly cared for me to protect them, and they never knew.... Without a...
156K 5.5K 50
She left them five years ago but what happens when an unexpected call to them brings them back together? Will they be able to save her and start over...